Aug 05, 2020
NYC Gangster Released Without Bond In Attempted Murder Case Participated In 3 Shootings Last Month: Feds
This news has been received from: dailywire.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Darrius Sutton, an alleged Brooklyn gang member, was released without bail in May, despite facing an attempted murder charge, and has allegedly been involved in three shootings since his release.
“Sutton, 23, was hauled into court months ago for a May 16 shooting, during which he allegedly shot another man in the courtyard of an East New York building, seriously injuring the victim, according to the feds,” The New York Daily News reported.“Despite charges of attempted murder, criminal possession of a weapon and assault with intent to cause injury, Sutton was released in the state case without bail set, according to court documents.”
Sutton was reportedly set free after the sole witness in the case recanted.
“At the time of arraignment, the sole eyewitness had recanted so we did not have sufficient evidence to keep the defendant in custody,” a spokesman for the DA said in a statement. “The investigation is continuing and we hope other witnesses come forward.”
“Less than two months after being sprung, the purported Bloods gang member allegedly joined others in three drive-by shootings this summer,” The New York Post reported. “The gunplay took place between July 13 and 14 and were just a few of the six shootings in which Sutton participated over the past year, federal prosecutors allege.”
“The defendant’s violent spree over the last year has left at least seven individuals with gunshot wounds,” federal prosecutors wrote, according to The Post. “That these events did not lead to seven deaths is entirely fortuitous — the videos described above make clear that the defendant shoots to kill.”
Authorities took him into custody last week and he is now being held in federal custody.
Violent crime, in particular shootings, have skyrocketed in New York City this year as law enforcement officials are vilified and calls to “defund the police” have gained traction in the city. The city’s proposed budget would cut $1 billion in funding from the NYPD and a plainclothes anti-crime unit is being eliminated.
Local outlet amNewYork reported:
On Aug. 3, the NYPD released the July 2020 crime stats, which shows that there was 177% increase year-over-year in the number of shooting incidents across the city in July with 244 in total. In July 2019, there were only 88 shootings over the course of the month. The number of shootings increased by 72% year-to-date, with 450 by July 2019 to 772 by July 2020.
According to the statistics, the number of murders throughout the city for the first seven months of the year is also up, jumping from 181 by July 2019 to 235 by July 2020, rising 30% year-over-year. In July 2020 alone there were 54 murders, rising from 34 in July 2019.
“We’re starting to see significant upticks in crime — particularly in violence. And it could get worse,” Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said during a recent press briefing. “You can’t keep people safe without keeping bad, dangerous people off the streets.”
Patrick Sharkey, a Princeton sociologist told The Financial Times that “when police step back, it destabilizes communities.”
“I think that’s going on in a number of cities right now,” Sharkey continued. “As violence increases, Americans become more punitive in their attitudes and call for more policing. This aggressive, brute force policing didn’t come out of nowhere.”
The Daily Wire is one of America’s fastest-growing conservative media companies and counter-cultural outlets for news, opinion, and entertainment. Get inside access to The Daily Wire by becoming a member.
News Source: dailywire.com
Prince Andrew trots around Windsor Castle despite facing new deposition by Ghislaine Maxwell
PRINCE Andrew looks relaxed on a trot around Windsor Castle— despite facing fresh pressure over a second deposition given by Ghislaine Maxwell.
The disgraced Duke of York, 60, shared jokes with one of his stable staff after arriving at the palace in his Range Rover wearing a facemask.4Prince Andrew trots around Windsor Castle despite facing a new deposition by Ghislaine MaxwellCredit: Jon Bond - The Sun 4He arrived at the palace in his Range Rover wearing a facemask Credit: Jon Bond - The Sun
But the Queen’s son is back in hot water after his name popped up when Maxwell was questioned again three months after an evasive seven-hour grilling.Most read in News'ELABORATE PLOT'Man 'killed lover, hid body in car then dumped it to look like suicide'SHE'S LOVIN' ITWoman holds wedding at McDonald's after original venue shuts due to CovidNO CLASSPrivate school pupils rap about living off 'daddy's cash' in cringe TikTok vidSICK PERVMarried laborer hacked webcams of 772 women to watch them undress and have sexTAKING AIMMeg’s pal Jessica in cryptic post about ‘a******s we thought were friends’RAT'S AWFUL!Mum can feel rats scuttling under the bath as she washes kids in infested home
The British socialite is currently in jail accused of being a pimp for US billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew, who is accused of sleeping with Epstein sex slave Virginia Roberts, has strongly denied all allegations of misconduct made against him.
Last week it was revealed Andrew’s name was blanked out of dynamite court papers on Maxwell’s alleged child sex trafficking links.4His name popped up when Maxwell was quizzed againCredit: Getty Images - Getty 4He was seen relaxed and joking with a member of his stable staffCredit: Jon Bond - The Sun Prince Andrew’s name MISSING from heavily redacted Ghislaine Maxwell sex files despite talk of infamous London trip
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL email@example.com