This news has been received from: fansided.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

BOURNEMOUTH, ENGLAND - NOVEMBER 02: Nathan Ake of Bournemouth signals during the Premier League match between AFC Bournemouth and Manchester United at Vitality Stadium on November 02, 2019 in Bournemouth, United Kingdom. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

Manchester City has made its biggest move of the summer official.

Despite finishing second in the Premier League and holding an advantage on Real Madrid in the Champions League, Pep Guardiola and Manchester City are far from satisfied. With some additional money in their pockets, the club is determined to improve and has not been hesitant to spend this summer.

Just after adding Ferran Torres from Valencia to a five-year deal, City has officially announced their top signing of the summer in Bournemouth’s dominant defender, Nathan Ake, for 41 million euros.

BREAKING: Manchester City have signed defender Nathan Ake from Bournemouth for £41m ✍️

— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) August 5, 2020

It was no secret that City was in search of some defensive reinforcement, as the team’s backline has been inconsistent at best. Vincent Kompany’s exit left a gaping hole at center back that City has been unable to fill, with John Stones and Nick Otamendi failing to impress Guardiola.

Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy have held up the outside nicely, but their attacking style has left the team vulnerable to counter attacks too many times.

Nathan Ake will contribute to City’s characteristic attacking pressure and ball dominance as a capable midfield player while also acting as a headlining figure in the backfield.

RELATED PRODUCTThe Top Flight Womens Racerback TankBuy Now!Buy Now!Nathan Ake may not be the last summer signing for City either

Most interestingly, City’s work is far from done. Pep Guardiola recently said he is looking to add up to five more players amid the transfer window, hoping to conclude his work by the Premier League’s return on Sept. 12.

There aren’t any glaring holes for City with a winger and defensive back now on board, but Guardiola has pursued top-flight players in the past and succeed at it.

By dodging a Champions League ban and dropping the fine down a significant amount, City has put the extra spending money and incentive to good use, only making next year’s fight for the top of the EPL all the more exciting.

More: Tottenham prepare to take giant transfer risk at Jose Mourinho’s request

 

News Source: fansided.com

Tags: manchester city

Offset briefly detained by police near gathering of Trump supporters, passenger arrested and charged

Next News:

Sheriff ‘offers to pay for 1-way ticket’ for Springsteen and other anti-Trump celebs wanting to leave if president wins

AN Ohio sheriff offered to help buy a "one-way ticket" for celebrities like Bruce Springsteen, who have threatened to leave the US if Donald Trump wins re-election.

In a video posted to Facebook earlier this week, Butler County Sheriff Rick Jones said America is "the greatest country in the world," and celebrities saying they'll leave should have to go -- and stay gone.

4An Ohio sheriff has offered to help buy a plane ticket for any celebrity who want to leave the US if Trump wins re-electionCredit: Butler County Sheriff's Office 4Bruce Springsteen said last week that he would consider moving to Australia if Trump wins againCredit: AFP or licensors

The video has since gone viral, and Sheriff Jones said he suspects it's because people are tired of hearing the political opinions of entertainers.

Several famous figures -- like Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Nicks and Tommy Lee -- have vowed to leave the country if Trump wins a second term.

Springsteen made the comments during an interview with Australia's Daily Telegraph last week.

"I love Australia. Every time, we have nothing but good times down there," he said. "It's always a treat to come. Love the people, love the geography, great place for motorcycle trips. It's close to our hearts."

4Several celebrities have said they would rather leave the country than have four more years of TrumpCredit: Getty Images - Getty 4Springsteen also predicted that Trump would not win re-electionCredit: Getty Images - Getty

"If Trump is re-elected, which he will not be -- I'm predicting that right now he's gonna lose, if by some happenstance he should be, I'll be on the next plane."

Jones said he felt "obligated" to make a response to these celebrities because they're the "same people who don't like the police [and] don't like first responders."

"Good for you," Jones said. "I hope you do leave, and if there's anyway that I can help -- I'm not a rich person -- but I would be willing to throw in 10 dollars to a special fund to help get you a flight ... to whatever country of your choice."

"This is the greatest country in the world to live, regardless of who the president is," he added.

He then accused celebrities of "trying to tear down the country," and pointed out that many celebrities threatened to leave when Trump was the Republican candidate in 2016 -- and did not deliver when he won.

Most read in NewsFELINE FINEIncredible moment cat LEAPS from second floor window of burning apartment‘HE’S GOT A GUN’Trump fan ‘pulls a GUN on teen girls who splashed him with water'LAPTOP LEAK Alleged ‘Hunter Biden sex tapes’ posted on Chinese site linked to Steve BannonA BIT RUDYRudy Giuliani ‘pelted with eggs’ by protesters during pro-Trump caravan in NYCPITCH BLACKHuge BLM mural outside Trump Tower vandalized with 'black tar or paint'DRAMA Cardi B ‘screams “my husband’s not armed”’ after Offset 'waved gun at Trump fans'

Sheriff Jones also appeared on Fox News a few days after his video went viral to speak about why it resonated with so many people.

"You want your people that are in sports, or make these movies or are comedians, to make you laugh, juggle some balls, and dance for you," he said. "They're entertainers."

"Out here in middle America, we don't want their political advice," he added. "We don't care."

Tom Hanks and a host of Hollywood celebs unite for anti-Trump fundraiser for ACLU

Other News

  • Even Intels Cloud Business Slowed Way Down
  • Maksim Chmerkovskiy Shares Steamy Paso Doble With Mel B In Throwback DWTS Clip
  • Three-Way Talks on Blue Nile Dam Dispute to Resume Tuesday
  • Fists And Rocks Fly As Jewish Trump Supporters And Counter Protesters Clash In Times Square
  • Deaf advocacy group says deaf voters not given enough access
  • Donny van de Beek should have rejected Man Utd transfer and ‘waited for another club’, claims Marco van Basten
  • Man City eye RB Leipzig boss Julian Nagelsmann or Mauricio Pochettino as Pep Guardiola’s replacement as deal runs down
  • What’s the Best Way to Crossword: Pen, Pencil, or Digital?
  • Miss Manners: My wife says its fine that our guests yell at each other
  • Harry Styles Investing in New Music Venue in Manchester
  • Harry Styles investing in new music venue in Manchester
  • Steelers show their flaws on way to staying perfect
  • Arizona Cardinals Wide Receiver And Pitt Alum Larry Fitzgerald Joins Jerry Rice With 1,400 Catches
  • Australia Joins Global IPO Mania With Best Month in 2020
  • Moyes got West Ham tactics spot on against Guardiola’s Man City, who miss Silva, and Haller can deliver if given service
  • Three things we learned from the Premier League
  • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez joins voters on 2nd day of New York early voting
  • Former Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson Not Officially Arrested After Officers CalledTo His Home For Domestic Incident
  • Maduro foe joins family in Spain after fleeing Venezuela