This news has been received from: presstories.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

Kane over Sancho claim made by former United coach

Rene Meulensteen believes his old club Manchester United should be targeting an elite striker like Harry Kane ahead of Jadon Sancho.

Borussia Dortmund are reportedly ready to agree a compromise over their Sancho demands.

The Bundesliga side are adamant that they will not drop their £108m valuation for the England star, which United will struggle to pay in one go this summer.

United had put together a package of £70m paid up front with the rest in add-ons and instalments, which include bonuses for winning the Premier League and Champions League.

Yet Dortmund do not want their income to be affected by how Sancho does at United however Meulensteen believes United should be targeting a prolific goalscorer this summer.

He told talkSPORT: “They first need to solve and get clarity about the goalkeeping position because now there’s a debate about De Gea and the rumours with Schmeichel, but also Henderson is there.

“So that needs to be solved to make sure that’s clear.People are on De Gea’s back, but he’s still a very good goalkeeper; he’s had a few blips this season, he needs to sort that out.

“They also need someone next to Harry Maguire to strengthen that [defence]. ‘They’re bringing Jadon Sancho in, but more than anything, I would have gone for a more prolific out-and-out striker, somebody like Harry Kane.

“There is so much creativity coming from midfield with [Bruno] Fernandes, [Paul] Pogba, [Marcus] Rashford, [Anthony] Martial… they can all contribute to goalscoring.

“But [they need] somebody in the middle who’s going to score 25-plus goals. That will close the gap for United.”

(Image: AFP/Getty Images)

News Source: presstories.com

Women all over the world are mourning Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Next News:

US reimposes UN sanctions on Iran amid increasing tensions

Secretary of State Mike PompeoMichael (Mike) Richard PompeoHouse panel halts contempt proceedings against Pompeo after documents turned over Outgoing ambassador to China slams Beijing over coronavirus: 'Could have been contained in Wuhan' Hillicon Valley: FBI chief says Russia is trying to interfere in election to undermine Biden | Treasury Dept. sanctions Iranian government-backed hackers MORE announced Saturday that the U.S. will reimpose UN sanctions on Iran amid increasing tensions in the region. 

President TrumpDonald John TrumpObama calls on Senate not to fill Ginsburg's vacancy until after election Planned Parenthood: 'The fate of our rights' depends on Ginsburg replacement Progressive group to spend M in ad campaign on Supreme Court vacancy MORE teased the sanctions earlier this week and vowed to enforce them even though the vast majority of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has rejected the United States’ authority to reimpose the sanctions.

"The United States expects all UN Member States to fully comply with their obligations to implement these measures,” Pompeo said in a statement. “In addition to the arms embargo, this includes restrictions such as the ban on Iran engaging in enrichment and reprocessing-related activities, the prohibition on ballistic missile testing and development by Iran, and sanctions on the transfer of nuclear- and missile-related technologies to Iran, among others.”

Pompeo said that if UN Member States don’t back the sanctions, the U.S. “is prepared to use our domestic authorities to impose consequences for those failures and ensure that Iran does not reap the benefits of UN-prohibited activity.”

"In the coming days, the United States will announce a range of additional measures to strengthen implementation of UN sanctions and hold violators accountable," Pompeo added.

Other UN members have rejected the idea that the U.S. could reimpose the UN sanctions that had been lifted under the Iran Nuclear Deal, which the Trump administration withdrew from in 2018. The UNSC will likely not recognize the snapback sanctions.

Iranian ambassador to the UN, Majid Takht Ravanchi, said the sanctions were “null and void.”

“US’ illegal & false ‘deadline’ has come and gone.” Ravanchi wrote on Twitter, warning that the U.S. “swimming against int’l currents will only bring it more isolation.”

According to The Guardian Iran’s foreign minister, Javad Zarif, called the sanctions a "false claim" that will not happen. 

“The Americans claim that ... within a few hours, the resolutions [sanctions] will return. But they themselves realize that this is a false claim,” Zarif reportedly said on a state television network. “The Americans as a rule act as a bully and impose sanction ... The world community should decide how to act towards bullying."

Tags Donald Trump Mike Pompeo Iran–United States relations United Nations Security Council Resolution Sanctions against Iran

Other News

  • Son Nets 4 as Spurs Triumph; Mane Double in Liverpool Win
  • Son nets 4 as Spurs triumph; Mane double in Liverpool win
  • Kareena Kapoor Birthday: 7 of the Most Bebolicious Things Said by the Actress
  • Mourinho interrupts Son interview to say Kane was Man of the Match vs Southampton despite forward’s FOUR goals
  • Man Utd ‘to make £21m transfer bid for Porto star Alex Telles this week’ but other offers from England could derail move
  • 'I have admired and loved you almost since the day we met': A resurfaced letter from Ruth Bader Ginsburg's husband exemplifies the couple's extraordinary love story
  • Trump critics and European allies challenge Pompeo claim about snapback of UN sanctions on Iran: ‘A farce’
  • Gareth Bale’s Tottenham loan transfer return provides ‘mouth-watering’ front three with Kane and Son, says Giggs
  • Eagles Darius Slay Showcases Amazing Mamba Tribute Cleats
  • Son Heung-min sends out message with four goals as Spurs rout Saints
  • Man Utd target Alex Telles tells Porto fans he is not distracted by transfer talk after scoring twice against Braga
  • 4 Son goals, 4 Kane assists as Spurs beats Southampton 5-2
  • PSG open talks for Dele Alli transfer after being dropped by Spurs boss Jose Mourinho
  • Southampton 2 Tottenham 5: Son Heung-min scores four on the south coast to cancel out Danny Ings’ opener
  • Man Utd defender Luke Shaw tells club ‘we need more players’ after Palace flop loss as United’s transfer activity slows
  • Spurs plot shock £30m transfer bid for Man Utd midfielder Jesse Lingard as Mourinho seeks reunion with ‘ignored’ ace
  • Solskjaer adamant Man Utd’s defeat to Crystal Palace was not due to a lack of transfer activity
  • Anurag Kashyap Gets Accused of Sexual Assault by Telugu Actress, Says She Has No Proof But Wants to Make Girls Wary
  • Walmart | Trump says he accepts the included Digtok Oracle deal