Aug 06, 2020
Man accused of sexual contact with child in Crown Heights
This news has been received from: abc7ny.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
CROWN HEIGHTS, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A 59-year-old man was arrested for allegedly having illegal sexual contact with a minor in Brooklyn.
According to the NYPD, John Russell forcibly touched and sexually assaulted a young girl on more than one occasion.
This happened in the Crown Heights neighborhood.
The suspect was arrested back on July 30th.
Investigators now believe that other individuals may have been victimized.
Anyone with information about this incident or others is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).
* More Brooklyn news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube
News Source: abc7ny.com
Indoor dining returns to NYC amid rising COVID-19 cases
More than a dozen customers were scarfing down breakfast staples such as pancakes or eggs and guzzling coffee around 9 a.m. at Pershing Square, a diner across from Grand Central Terminal, which opened an hour earlier.
“Oh my god! I’m happy to be back!” cheered Jacqueline Chang, who’s been frequenting the joint for 15 years. “They have the best breakfast in New York. I could not wait for it to be open [inside]. It’s not the same eating outside.”
Restaurants across the city are allowed to open for indoor dining at 25 percent capacity and other restrictions, including socially distanced tables. Patrons must get their temperature checked before entering, wear a mask when not seated and at least one member of each party must provide contact information for contact tracing in the event of an outbreak.
Chang, 55, an office manager at Early Bird Capital, Inc., was fine with the precautions if it meant sitting down for a hot meal, which for her was eggs over easy with avocado and home fries.
“I don’t feel nervous at all because they are doing everything they can to keep us safe. They take your temperature, the spacing is fine,” she continued.
In TriBeCa, the staff at Bubby’s were gearing up for what they expect could be a crush of customers wanting to be inside — which by mid-morning did not yet materialize at the Hudson Street spot.Outdoor dining had taken over New York City ahead of Wednesday’s reopening for indoor diningWilliam Farrington
“I think people, especially during brunch, will sit anywhere. We are going to have a problem with too many people wanting to be inside,” said general manager Tara Lawler, 39. “A lot of the staff has older parents or grandparents. Now with indoor dining opening, they’re a lot more worried about it, whereas out here with the fresh air, it doesn’t seem a such of a risk.”
Bubby’s owner Ron Silver said the restaurant plans to limit use of the indoor space.
“We are cautious and we are planning on using the indoors as little as possible at the moment,” Silver said.
Bubby’s safety measures include a QR code for customers to fill out their contact information and temperature checks at the door. The eatery can fit 32 people indoors and 60 outside.
“At some point we have to go back to normal,” said Lawler. “The only way we can survive, I think, is indoor dining, because at some point it’s just going to get too cold.”
Gov. Andrew Cuomo gave indoor dining the green light earlier this month — but now the city’s coronavirus positivity rate is beginning to climb above 3 percent.