This news has been received from: newsbrig.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

President Trump continued to slam reports that he bashed America’s war dead as “losers” and “suckers” saying: “I never made those statements” during an ABC News town hall on Tuesday.

An audience member at the event in Philadelphia asked the president how he “expects to win back the support” of the military and families following the story published by The Atlantic earlier this month.

“It’s easy, because I never made those statements. They were never made by me,” Trump replied.

He added: “The statements never happened, they were lies… They made up this quote.”

The Atlantic claimed Trump referred to Marines killed in World War I and buried in a cemetery outside Paris as “losers” and said the 1,800 Marines who died in the Battle of Belleau Wood were “suckers” for getting killed.

Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg, who wrote the piece, said it was based on information from four unidentified sources “with firsthand knowledge” of Trump’s remarks.

Trump has previously denied the claims, calling The Atlantic a “dying” magazine that concocted a “fake story in order to gain some relevance.”

Several US officials have defended the president, including Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert Wilkie, former national security adviser John Bolton and Zach Fuentes, a top aide to former White House chief of staff John Kelly.

Asked about his previous comments bashing late Sen. John McCain, Trump responded that “I was never a fan of John McCain.”

He added about McCain — a Navy veteran who was captured and tortured during the Vietnam War — that: “I never thought he treated our vets well.”

“He didn’t do the job. I was never a fan of his. But — and I think that’s fine and everybody knows that, and I said it to his face. I was very much up in that.”

News Source: newsbrig.com

Blood on the Wall filmmakers grilled by drug traffickers in Central America

Next News:

WWE News: Arn Anderson Confirms Former Superstar Lost His Push After Backstage Incident With John Cena

As documented by WrestlingNews.co, Arn Anderson took to his podcast and confirmed that Alex Riley lost his push after an exchange he had with John Cena behind the scenes.

According to Anderson, Riley was once tipped for big things in WWE and was progressing well. However, he didn’t show respect to Cena and officials lost faith in the promising superstar.

“I think Alex had a good look. I think his work was ok. He’s seemed to gel well when they put him with The Miz. But there’s a famous story that he was offered some help from John Cena and he seemed less than enthused or interested which would have immediately made it’s way back to the locker room and to the office. I’m sure it was around that time that his water got cut off.”

As Anderson pointed out, Riley was The Miz’s enforcer back in 2010 and 2011. The pair were eventually split and Riley was given a short-term push after turning on his former mentor. Unfortunately for the superstar, he soon found opportunities difficult to come by.

In 2013, following an unsuccessful period in the ring, Riley became a color commentator on Superstars and NXT. He briefly returned to full-time wrestling in 2016 and competed on the black-and-gold brand in an effort to revitalize him. He was released from his WWE contract one year later.

Riley discussed the situation between him and Cena earlier this year. As summarized by Pro Wrestling Sheet, he told Chris Van Vliet that they didn’t like each other and that ultimately affected his career because of Cena’s influence and stature among officials.

  WWE

The former superstar also explained that their beef stemmed from a mistake one of them made. They ended up getting into an argument, but Cena didn’t accept Riley’s apology when he tried to make amends. Riley said that Cena was “offended” over the incident in question.

As the Pro Wrestling Sheet article highlighted, Riley also claimed that he doesn’t harbor any negative feeling towards Cena these days. He’d rather move on with his life without it always hanging over him.

Since parting ways with WWE, Riley has competed on the independent circuit. He also made an appearance in the Netflix series GLOW.

Cena has a reputation for burying younger talent. As The Inquisitr previously noted, Ryback blamed him for ending The Nexus’ push as well. The veteran defeated the faction at SummerSlam 2010, which brought an end their momentum at the time.

Other News

  • Bachelorette Clare Crawley Is Thankful For Her Fine Men In New Promo For Most Shocking Season Ever
  • ABC News: Arizonas Changing Demographics Helping Democrats
  • Biden Shares That Cindy McCain Will Endorse Him
  • Cindy McCain Endorses Biden for President in Rebuke of Trump
  • Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump
  • How to Watch the Time 100 Special Online Without Cable
  • Tamron Hall slams Stassi Schroeder after ex-Bravo star felt ‘ambushed’ by ‘rogue’ interview about racist past behavior
  • #7 Notre Dame at Wake Forest postponed after more Fighting Irish players test positive for COVID-19
  • Something unusual is missing among Nielsens top programs
  • The View’s Sunny Hostin Accuses ABC of Racism, Says Execs Tried to Censor Her Book
  • I Felt That I Had Been Somewhat Censored By ABC: Sunny Hostin Claims Ahead Of New Memoir
  • A ‘zombie tropical storm’ just came back to life in the Atlantic
  • Chicagos Dreadhead Cowboy Charged For Riding Horse Down Freeway During Kids Lives Matter Protest
  • THEN AND NOW: The cast of 'Full House' 33 years later
  • Romney Backs Vote on Trumps Supreme Court Before Election
  • Tyra Banks Boasts Huge Numbers For Her Dancing With The Stars Debut As She Pumps Fans Up For Week 2
  • Famous NYC Clock Now Displays Remaining Time Before Climate Change Becomes Irreversible
  • Can vitamin pills protect you from cancer? The ABC of supplements and how they can help to improve your health
  • John Rich to Newsmax TV: Nashville Mayor Should Resign Over COVID Lockdown