Sep 16, 2020
Sally makes landfall near Gulf Shores, Alabama, as a Category 2 hurricane with torrential rain and damaging storm surge
This news has been received from: wtop.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed..
News Source: wtop.com
View live beach cams as Tropical Storm Beta approaches Texas coast
SAN ANTONIO – A slow-moving Tropical Storm Beta is approaching Texas, causing fierce wind and waves as it prepares for landfall late Monday.
Cameras situated at landmarks along the Texas coast show the system, which is not expected to gain hurricane strength, reaching beaches after it was stationary for most of the weekend.
It is expected to make landfall sometime Monday afternoon or evening near Port Lavaca. It is forecast to move slowly inland, resulting in prolonged periods of heavy rain.
To brace for potential flooding or damaging winds, Gov. Greg Abbott has issued a disaster declaration for 29 counties, including Bexar.
You can keep an eye on the Texas coast with the following beach cams:
- Click here for the Whitecap Beach Access webcam
- Click here for the North Padre Sea Wall webcam
- Click here for the Stewart Beach webcam
- Click here for the East Beach webcam
- Click here for the 61st Street Fishing Pier webcam
- Click here for the Marina Bar and Grill webcam
- Click here for the Casa Del Mar webcam
- Click here for a timelapse video from the Texas Maritime Museum
- Click here for the SeaGull Condos webcam
- Click here for the Bay Tree Condos webcam
- Click here for The Mayan Princess webcam
- Click here for a timelapse video from Nautical Landings Marina
South Padre Island:
- Click here for the La Quinta Inn and Suites webcam
- Click here for the Pirate’s Island Fishing Pier webcam
To follow along with the busiest Atlantic hurricane season on record, bookmark our hurricane page or download the KSAT Hurricane Tracker App. You can also find your local forecast anytime - including potential impacts from Tropical Depression Twenty-Two - on the KSAT Weather page.The latest on Tropical Storm Beta:
- Tropical Storm Beta moving toward Texas
- Portion of fishing pier in Galveston completely detaches as Tropical Storm Beta approaches Texas
- Tropical Storm Beta forecast to make landfall Monday
- Gov. Greg Abbott issues disaster declaration for 29 counties as Tropical Storm Beta nears
- Port Aransas to close beaches until further notice due to Tropical Storm Beta
- Port O’Connor residents brace for Tropical Storm Beta
Copyright 2020 by KSAT - All rights reserved.