This news has been received from: cvbj.biz

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

The attack, which was supposed to take place on September 15, was made known to the authorities through a call that was received on September 13.

MEXICO – The Attorney General’s Office of Mexico City (FGJCDMX) investigates an anonymous complaint about a threat against the mayor of the capital, Claudia Sheinbaum.

The attack, which was supposed to take place on September 15, was made known to the authorities through a call received on September 13. A woman pointed to a man, identified as “Neri”, as the alleged attacker.

“The corresponding investigations are already being carried out to identify, where appropriate, the origin of the message and who may have spread it,” said the Prosecutor’s Office.

According to the anonymous complaint, “Neri” would have in his possession different firearms, among which are an AK-47, an R15, a Colt 45, a Pietro Beretta nine millimeters, a .357 Magnum and 2.23 bullets, “they explained. The authorities.

“Neri has a vehicle with the letterhead of the Private Security Intelligence company; which has address in Durango number 243, fourth floor ”, it was explained, according to the report. In addition, it was also emphasized that this person would be in charge of selling weapons to minors.

The complainant woman assured that the “Neri” He commented that he would attack the mayor of Mexico City, Claudia Sheinbaum, on the country’s Independence Day (September 15) and that he would make the facts known to the media and social networks.

While the Mexican Prosecutor’s Office investigates the events, the Secretariat of Citizen Security assured that none of its intelligence areas has detected a latent threat of attack against Sheinbaum.

The institution pointed out that “once the fact was known, the Investigation Police (PDI) was given a hearing, which coordinates with the Secretariat for Citizen Security (SSC), to carry out the corresponding cabinet and field investigations ”.

On June 26, the Secretary of Security of Mexico City, Omar García Harfuch, suffered an attempt on his life and hours later confirmed that it had been perpetrated by the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG).

The official, who arrived at the hospital after being hit with three shots, said he had not received threats about a possible attack, although he did have a message that he described as “nothing serious.”

During the attack, three people died, two members of security and a saleswoman.

News Source: cvbj.biz

Tags: on september

Mark Ruffalo encourages voting after winning first acting Emmy

Next News:

Indonesia President Urged to Delay Regional Polls Over Contagion Threat

By Stanley Widianto

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Indonesian religious groups and experts, including a former vice president, are urging authorities to delay regional elections set for December, as coronavirus infections surge in the world's fourth most populous country.

The Dec. 9 elections for hundreds of key local leadership posts are a huge logistical undertaking in an archipelago of more than 260 million people and have already been delayed once due to rising virus fears.

Former Vice President Jusuf Kalla, who now heads Indonesia's Red Cross, in a newspaper commentary on Monday said a December poll could be dangerous.

"Forcing something that clearly, rationally endangers the people isn't only reckless, but fatal. Every political process, the noblest goal is for the public's benefits. Not harm," he said.

Indonesia has confirmed nearly 245,000 coronavirus infections and 9,553 fatalities, Asia's highest death toll outside of India. Its testing rates are among the world's lowest and epidemiologists are concerned that elections, for which there are 107 million eligible voters, will fuel the contagion.

Those infected include government and election commission officials and three cabinet ministers.

Indonesia's biggest religious groups, the Nadhlatul Ulama and the Muhammadiyah, also urged authorities to postpone the vote due to rising cases.

A source at the election commission, or KPU, who asked not to be identified because he was not authorised to speak to media, told Reuters that senior commission officials were against a December ballot.

Asked to confirm that, a KPU spokesman said two other options to delay the elections to next year were suggested, but the government opted for December.

Presidential spokesman Fadjroel Rahman said the ballot must go ahead as planned, but with strict health protocols.

"President Joko Widodo reiterated that the elections cannot wait until the pandemic is over, because no countries know when COVID-19 is over," he said in a statement.

KPU protocols include limiting audience sizes at campaign events and requiring negative tests when candidates register.

(Additional reporting by Fanny Potkin; Editing by Martin Petty)

Copyright 2020 Thomson Reuters.

Other News

  • Woman Arrested, Facing Hate Crime Charges For Alleged Bottle Attack On Jogger
  • Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham Offer ‘Update But No Correction After Hyping Debunked Nashville Covid Cover-Up Story
  • City challenges LAPD officer’s lawsuit alleging harassment by Garcetti aide
  • California Man Guilty of Putting Semen in Co-Worker's Water
  • Hawaii Health Department Chemist Cooked Up LSD for Air Force Members: Prosecutors
  • Prosecutors Say W.Va. Woman Pleads Guilty to Contractor Scam
  • Man Sentenced for Making False Statements About ISIS Videos
  • Manhattan DA suggests his office has grounds to probe Trump for tax fraud for first time: report
  • Pima County Prosecutors Won't Charge Tucson Police Officers
  • NYPD officer accused of acting as a spy for China
  • Shootings Spur Chicago Postal Worker Threat to Stop Deliveries
  • Muellers Pitbull Blasts Probe, Says Prosecutors Could Have Done More
  • Nick Diaz on Colby Covingtons list with a threat to retire him for good
  • NJ authorities call on public to help identify sex assault suspect
  • Fox Friends Issues Apologizes For Airing False Story on Nashville Coronavirus Cover-Up
  • Don Trump Jr slams Dem threat to pack Supreme Court with extra justices if Biden wins election
  • Atlanta man attacked by shark while snorkeling in Florida Keys
  • Tropical Storm Beta Takes Aim At The Texas Coast, Brings Threat Of Rain And Flooding Again
  • A British magazine deleted part of its story saying Kate Middleton was 'furious' about increased royal duties after receiving a legal threat from the duchess