Sep 17, 2020
New Jersey governor slams reckless partiers who flocked to now-famous 'Jersey Shore' house
This news has been received from: FOX News
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Over a thousand people are under fire for reportedly flocking to the house made famous by MTV's “Jersey Shore” for a party celebrating the launch of a website created by social media influencers, according to officials and reports.
New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy criticized “knucklehead behavior” by the unmasked partiers who gathered at the now-famous Seaside Heights, N.J., home Monday -- rented by Canadian YouTube stars, known as the Nelk Boys.
“These knuckleheads are not welcome in New Jersey,” Murphy wrote, adding that any person who was in attendance should get tested for coronavirus.
CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK IN NEW JERSEY HIGH SCHOOL CAUSED BY BACK-TO-SCHOOL PARTY, OFFICIALS SAY
Seaside Heights Police Chief Thomas Boyd told the Asbury Park Press that Monday night’s crowd reached a “couple thousand” people, prompting police from neighboring towns to assist local authorities with crowd control.
Seaside ultimately decided to temporarily prohibit non-resident traffic, Boyd said.
Videos shared on social media show massive crowds of people around the home. New Jersey’s coronavirus-related restrictions include a ban on outdoor gatherings of more than 500 people, .and call for social distancing and masks.
Seaside Heights Mayor Anthony Vaz told the Press that the city did not sponsor the event, nor did officials issue event permits. The owner of the home will receive summonses, he said.
'UFO' SPOTTED IN NJ WAS APPARENTLY JUST A GOODYEAR BLIMP
“We would never sponsor this,” the mayor said: "... When you have numbers of people like that in a community, that scares people. … And we’re not going to tolerate it.”
At least eight people were arrested on charges including disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and obstruction, the newspaper reported.
In comments on Twitter, one of the YouTube group's members, Kyle Forgeard, said they didn't intend for such a big crowd and that security guards were overwhelmed.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPStephanie Pagones is a Digital Reporter for FOX Business and Fox News. Follow her on Twitter at @steph_pagones.
News Source: FOX News
Famous chefs, restaurateurs claim Trump ‘failed’ industry
They’re riding with Biden.
“Restaurants across America are facing an existential crisis because of Donald Trump’s mismanagement of COVID-19,” reads the letter, which has been made available to the public via Google Forms.
“He has failed the restaurant industry, our employees, our customers, and the stakes are too high to continue down this path.”
Many restaurant shutdowns, however, have been ordered by state governors, many of them Democrats.
More than 150 chefs and restaurant owners had signed the “Restaurants for Biden” letter as of Thursday, per Eater’s report, including famous names such as celebrity consulting chef Elizabeth Falkner, Food Network star and pastry chef Duff Goldman and even Anita Lo — the first female guest chef to cook for a state dinner at the White House.
Those who signed the letter claimed Trump “blew the pandemic response,” which resulted in “conflicting guidance between government officials and the President, personal protective equipment shortages, and arbitrary social distancing capacity cap guidance.”
Aside from the letter, a virtual fundraising event known as “#FeedtheVote” is scheduled to be held next Tuesday — the night of the first Trump-Biden debate — in support of Biden and his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris. A handful of notable culinary professionals will be in attendance.
Representatives from Joe Biden’s campaign did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
Earlier this month, Biden tweeted out his plans to help the restaurant industry, which include raising the minimum wage, ending the tipped minimum wage, ending sub-minimum wage for disabled groups, and providing “strong benefits.”
The restaurant industry has undeniably taken hits throughout the coronavirus pandemic. From lost revenue related to shelter-in-place lockdowns and lowered dining capacities that make it difficult to recover while open, restaurants large and small are facing economic challenges.
Difficulties appear to be more dire for non-chain restaurants too, according to recent studies. The Independent Restaurant Coalition estimates that 85% of independent restaurants could go out of business by the end of 2020.