Sep 17, 2020
Barr Pushed Aggressive Federal Charges Against Rioters
This news has been received from: newsmax.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Attorney General William Barr reportedly told federal prosecutors aggressively charge protesters for crimes, to make an example for other people who might want to increase violent demonstrations leading up to the November election.
According to The Wall Street Journal, Barr told U.S. attorneys last week to use federal charges when prosecuting people accused of protest-related crimes.He made that request even when prosecutors could apply state charges.
Barr reportedly also presented a list of charges under the sedition law. But legal experts said using those charges would require proof of a conspiracy to attack government agents.
The Journal reported officials have also looked into invoking a statute that would allow protesters to be charged if they impeded or obstructed police officers responding to unrest.
Barr warned the U.S. attorneys violent protests would continue until the presidential election in November.
Throughout the United States, more than 200 people have received charges related to violent crimes during demonstrations. Those include arson, assault on federal officers and gun crimes, the Journal reported.
- AG Barr Unloads on Media: Collection of Liars
- Trump Administration May Use Mafia Law on Protesters
© 2020 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
News Source: newsmax.com
There are 107 new COVID-19 related deaths and 2,795 new cases in Florida
Orlando, Pla. – The Florida Department of Health announced 2,795 new corona virus cases in the state on Saturday. The number of new cases of respiratory disease since the epidemic was first diagnosed in Florida in March brings the state total to 698,682.
[TRENDING: Florida moves to phase 3 of coronavirus reopening, with restaurants at full capacity | Here’s how to track your mail-in ballot | Reward increases to $20,000 for information about shooting deaths of 3-year-old, 14-year-old]
The Florida Department of Health reported 107 new deaths on Saturday.
Florida’s COVID-19 death toll now stands at 14,190, of which 168 residents have died in the state.
Data on COVID-19-related deaths are often delayed, and health officials say it could take up to two weeks for new deaths to be reported.
As stated in it Institute for Health ManagementAs of Friday morning, a total of 2,115 patients had been admitted to hospitals across the state with COVID-19.
The state’s total number of people hospitalized at one point in the past six months due to the virus has risen to 43,469.
The state’s overall positive rate for all tests was 13.35% on Friday. Health officials believe the daily rate should be less than 10% to measure local precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the virus. The World Health Organization advises that communities can reopen when the overall health rate is kept at 5% or less.
[SEE FRIDAY’S REPORT: Florida surpasses 14,000 coronavirus deaths, reports more than 2,800 new cases]
Three things to know by September 26th.READ John Lewis confirms 8 keep closures which includes Birmingham flagship
Click on the blue caption to read more about the story:
- What happens in Phase 3 ?: The third phase of reopening the state after extensive and continuous corona virus closures involves what many call the “new nature” and the further deregulation. While the second phase is underway, we do not know when the third and final phase will begin, but we do have some details on what will be outlined in the government’s Ron Desantis’ reopening plan. Want to see what stage 3 looks like? Click or tap here.
- Restaurant owners react: Restaurant owners in central Florida welcome News 6’s order from Ron Desantis to increase their capacity. Brad Plummer, owner of the district restaurant, said it has been six months long since the plate, and barrel, and is ready to take over the business. Plummer said the executive order was a step in the right direction. By clicking or tapping what other restaurants have to say about Phase 3.
- Florida moves to phase 3: Florida is moving to the third and final phase of its reopening plan, which will take effect immediately, Gov. Ron Desandis announced Friday. Kad Ravi at Desantis restaurants, pointing out that the limits will be raised soon and on Friday, he made the move official. He is implementing a measure that bans local governments from anything less than 50%. At the statewide level, there will be no capacity restrictions. For more information about Phase 3, click here or tap.
The breakdown of lawsuits in Central Florida counties is below.READ Trump Shares Letter Calling Peaceful Protesters 'Terrorists'
|The flag bearer||1,722||7||140||23|
Follow the latest news about International spread, Subscribe to News 6 Corona virus newsletter Or go ClickOrlando.com/coronavirus.
Copyright 2020 WKMG ClickOrlando – All Rights Reserved.