Sep 17, 2020
Sonja Morgan Speaks out About Century 21 Closing
This news has been received from: Heavy.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
Getty Sonja Morgan in 2019
Last week, the department store Century 21 filed for bankruptcy, and it is affecting Sonja Morgan from The Real Housewives of New York in a major way. This past season on the show, viewers watched as Morgan inked a deal to sell her clothing line, Sonja by Sonja Morgan, in their stores, but unfortunately, that deal is no more, as Century 21 will be closing all of its locations.
“I found a family there and a home for my collection,” Morgan recently told Page Six. “All these years I was looking for the right place.” Morgan also added that she “felt like the rug had been pulled from under” her, and that she had turned down other retailers in order to work with Century 21, according to Page Six.
Morgan also revealed to Page Six that she had a special project in the works when Century 21 announced that they would be shuttering their doors. “I was going to be Chief Lifestyle Officer taking people on shopping sprees. Helping people who have gone through a hard time before the pandemic,” Morgan told Page Six. “I was going to be helping people at this point in my life — that’s what I was looking forward to. It was going to be soul food to make me feel better on a day-to-day level. It was not just about raising millions. I was just going to go on a day-to-day level with Century 21, and help people with a $500 shopping spree.”
Morgan seemed very sad that Century 21 will be closing soon. “I don’t plan on going to Century 21 for a last [time]. I can’t even bring myself to do that,” Morgan told Page Six.Morgan’s Clothing Collection Was a Large Part of Her Storyline This Season View this post on Instagram
Hoping for nice weather the rest of the #summer, hbu?????️ #sonjamorgan #beachtime #coverup #linkinbio #instadaily #strikeapose #vacationvibes #summer2020
A post shared by Sonja By Sonja Morgan (@sonjabysonjamorgan) on Aug 11, 2020 at 9:01am PDT
During this season 12 of The Real Housewives of New York, viewers got to see all of the hard work that Morgan put into her clothing line. From seeing her meetings with Century 21 corporate, to her fashion show during New York fashion week, to her clothing launch at the Century 21 stores, her collection was a large part of her storyline this season. From what viewers saw on the show, Morgan put a lot of time and effort into making sure the line was a success.
On September 10, the Sonja by Sonja Morgan Instagram page posted a tribute to their time with Century 21. The caption read, “Grateful to have partnered with the iconic @century21stores. As a #NYC institution and beyond, they will be sadly missed.????”Morgan Recently Spoke About Her Clothing Line in an Interview View this post on Instagram
Getting hot in the kitchen over here. ???? What's cooking at home this weekend? #HappySaturday #toasterovenlovin #bravotv #sonjamorgan #weekendvibes
A post shared by Sonja Morgan (@sonjatmorgan) on Jun 20, 2020 at 9:25am PDT
During an April 2020 interview with Reality Blurb, Morgan spoke about her clothing line as well as her previous business ventures. “I got a lot of flack for having a lot of balls in the air at once and a lot of cookie jars but when things were down for me, I had to line up my ducks and be ready,” Morgan said to Reality Blurb. “When I was going through financial stress, divorce, and that lawsuit, I had to be ready. People laughed when I said ‘International Lifestyle Brand,’ but that’s what I have.”
Morgan continued, telling Reality Blurb, “I was happy to crawl before I walk. I’m definitely not running but I appreciate the viewers believing in me and being by my side all of these years.”
READ NEXT: Is Leah McSweeney Coming Back to RHONY?
News Source: Heavy.com
Tags: tv sonja morgan the real housewives real housewives reality tv sonja morgan tv breaking news 5 fast facts crime celebrities politics nfl basketball ufc college football soccer golf wags baseball television celebs music movies google apple android microsoft apps smartphones news xbox one ps4 mobile pc games accessories disney plus live sports streaming shopping her clothing line by sonja morgan with century 21
Assange to hear judges verdict on US extradition on Jan 4
LONDON (AP) — WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will likely have to spend another three months in a British prison cell before finding out whether he can be sent to the U.S. to face espionage charges, the judge in his extradition trial said Thursday.
At the conclusion of nearly four weeks of evidence in his extradition hearing at a court in London’s Old Bailey, District Judge Vanessa Baraitser said she would deliver her decision at 10 a.m. on Jan. 4.
“Unless any further application for bail is made, and between now and the 4th of January, you will remain in custody for the same reasons as have been given to you before,” she told Assange, who was sitting behind a security screen at the back of the court.
The judge has previously denied Assange bail over fears he is a flight risk. Assange jumped bail in 2012 when he sought asylum at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where he ended up staying for seven years before being evicted and subsequently arrested. He has been in a London prison since April 2019.
She also told Assange that he will have to appear via video link to the courts every 28 days between now and her ruled
Assange’s defense team have asked for another four weeks to submit their closing argument to the judge. That will be followed two weeks later by the closing argument of lawyers acting on behalf of the U.S. government, and a subsequent response a few days later from Assange’s team.
By the time the decision is announced, the U.S. may be about to be under new management, should Joe Biden defeat President Donald Trump in the Nov. 3 election.
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.