This news has been received from: dailycaller.com

All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.

ABC reporter Jon Karl compared covering President Donald Trump’s indoor rally in Nevada last weekend to “taking your family with you to Fallujah.”

“This is not like embedding with the Marines in Fallujah,” he told the National Journal in an article posted Monday about the White House press corps’ reaction to indoor rallies amid the ongoing coronavirus threat.

“It is like you are taking your family with you to Fallujah.”

Karl told the outlet that while some news organizations chose to keep their reporters out of the Tulsa, Oklahoma venue where Trump held his last indoor rally, Las Vegas was “the first time that everybody stayed out except for the pool.”

People listen while US President Donald Trump speaks during an indoor campaign rally at Xtreme Manufacturing in Henderson, a suburb of Las Vegas, Nevada, on September 13, 2020. (Photo by BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP via Getty Images)

Trump held the rally Sunday night in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson, Nevada, at a facility owned by  Xtreme Manufacturing. The company’s owner will be fined $3,000 for violating the state’s coronavirus restrictions on large gatherings, CNN reported. A Trump campaign official told the network that all attendees received temperature checks, access to hand sanitizer, and were provided masks they were encouraged to wear.

Current White House Correspondents’ Association president Zeke Miller told National Journal that his group would keep lobbying the White House “for necessary health and safety precautions” and praised “the professionalism of the White House travel pool in a difficult and potentially hazardous situation Sunday evening.” (RELATED: Trump Overtakes Biden, Reaches New Approval High In Latest Rasmussen Poll)

Meanwhile, Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh defended the rally, comparing it to ongoing protests. “If you can join tens of thousands of people protesting in the streets, gamble in a casino, or burn down small businesses in riots, you can gather peacefully under the First Amendment to hear from the president of the United States,” he said.

News Source: dailycaller.com

Tags: white house

First Native American racer blazes trail at Tour de France

Next News:

With Outdoor Dining, How Will Philadelphia Restaurants Cope When Cold Weather Rolls In?

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Restaurant owners offering outdoor dining have noticed that has been key to keeping their businesses alive in these past few months of the pandemic. But how will restaurants cope when we go from cool to cold?

Starting Monday, Gov. Tom Wolf will expand indoor dining capacity for restaurants across the state from 25% to 50%. But, that will not be the case here in Philadelphia. It’s going to remain at 25% capacity for indoor dining.

It was the perfect night for date night.

“Every Friday we try to do something different,” said Niyah Terrell.

Terrell and Donya Topping enjoyed one of the city’s popular designated outdoor dining areas which has given residents a whole new perspective on road closures.

“You can feel the weather you don’t have to be all crowded up,” Topping said.

Just up the street on Walnut, diners enjoyed the outdoor vibe cultivated by The Olde Bar.

“Here you have in the area somewhere of 80 seats previously our indoor dining could have only had about 35-40 seats,” Scott Campanella said.

Outdoor dining has become an adapted and for some a vibrant business model for restaurants across the region. But weather remains the x-factor especially as this crisp air turns cold.

“Even if we did have outdoor heating you can only go so far and once you get into say November that’s over,” Campanella said.

The next option has everything to do with space, as it stands eateries can only operate indoor spaces at 25% capacity.

“Where we converted a catering ballroom which had the occupancy level into an indoor dining for the restaurant,” Campanella said.

While not all restaurants have a ballroom remodel option, in just two weeks, The Olde Bar transformed their banquet area into a tastefully spaced-out space ready for inclement weather and the date nights that will endure.

“I think that when it gets cold we are going to start going indoors but be more cautious about what we are around and who we are around and stuff like that,” Terrell said.

This weekend the city will have a dozen street closures to accommodate for outdoor dining going on.

Other News

  • Vicky Aisha Goes Topless, Flashes Major Sideboob Ample Booty While Covering Her Bare Chest With A Cowboy Hat
  • Jon Jones Blast UFC Star: Still Has Herpes
  • Dana White, Jon Jones, and Others React To Khamzat Chimaevs Sensational 17 Second Knockout Victory
  • Tisca Chopra Slams Those Calling Her Out For Taking Credit For Chutneys Story From Director Jyoti Kapur Das, Says I Have Had Enough
  • Let Us Play!: Student Athletes Rally At Thompson Center Asking For State To Allow Fall Sports Despite COVID-19 Pandemic
  • Get your body prepared for cold and flu season by taking these vitamins
  • CU Football Director Cited For Leading 108-Person Group On Hike
  • Anurag Kashyap Reacts to Sexual Assault Allegations Against Him by Telugu Actress; Denies the Accusations While Also Taking Digs at His Detractors in Hindi (View Tweets)
  • Jena Malone on taking the villain role is Antebellum: I dont really scare easily
  • Jerry Jones keeping Cowboys attendance expectations close to the vest
  • WILLIAMS: The Devil And Karl Marx
  • Health Update
  • Swansea coach Alan Tate facing potential ban after ‘chokeslam’ on Birmingham midfielder Jon Toral
  • Nolte: Elite Media Defend Cuties While Covering Up Most Salacious Content from Readers
  • Indoor and outdoor performance venues, movie theaters to reopen across Anne Arundel Co.
  • Keep Your Powder Dry: McConnell Tells GOP Senators To Be Cautious About Taking A Position On SCOTUS Nomination
  • The 10 Best Indoor Hanging Plants to Elevate Your Space
  • UFC chief Dana White hasn’t heard back from Brock Lesnar over Jon Jones fight offer
  • Indonesia Reports Its Biggest Daily Rise in Coronavirus Infections