Sep 17, 2020
Brian Stelter Dismisses Criticism of Cuomo, Zucker When Pressed by Meghan McCain: ‘Not for Me to Comment’
This news has been received from: mediaite.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
CNN’s Brian Stelter dismissed criticism of staffers at his network for behind-the-scene conduct that has included candid private calls with Michael Cohen , saying in an interview on The View that it was “not for me to comment.”
“There are some ethical questions that are being thrown around about CNN lately,” said cohost Meghan McCain.“There is 2016 audio of your president, Jeff Zucker, offering debate advice to President Trump that was released. Jake Tapper was recently caught, allegedly, trying to influence a congressional election. And I had serious problems with the way Chris Cuomo had a recurring primetime, sort of comic routine with his brother,” a reference to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D). “Do you believe that this is acceptable?”
Stelter said those “storylines” had been “cherry-picked” from audio aired this month by Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and noted Cohen’s claim that the tapes were held only by Trump, the Trump Organization, and the Department of Justice. “You have to wonder if it’s an example of this feedback loop that exists between Trump and Fox,” Stelter said.
“But, look, I’m not a spokesperson for … CNN,” he added. “It’s not for me to comment on these tapes. Here is what I think is sad, though. I think it’s sad that private conversations get leaked out, get distorted and then, you know, they become polarized and weaponized,” Stelter continued. “That’s the environment we’re in, and that’s sad. You know, if our text messages or if my phone calls with friends were suddenly taken out of context and distorted — let me put it this way, I think the Trump age has ruined a lot of friendships. I think that’s really sad.”
The audio footage Stelter referenced included a 2016 phone call between Zucker and Cohen — who was President Donald Trump’s personal attorney at the time — in which Zucker gave Cohen advice on how Trump should conduct himself at a Republican presidential debate. Cuomo called Cohen in 2018 — after the latter had been indicted on federal criminal charges and left Trump’s team — to coach him for an interview on the network. More recently, Tapper exchanged text messages with a Republican running for the U.S. House in Pennsylvania, Sean Parnell, to suggest that he run for a different seat.
Watch above, via The View.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
News Source: mediaite.com
Tarik Cohen Injury Update: Bears HC Matt Nagy Gives Grim Outlook
The Chicago Bears may have added yet another ridiculous fourth quarter comeback to their resume, but they also suffered a huge loss in Sunday’s 30-26 win over the Atlanta Falcons. All-Pro punt returner and speedy gadget back Tarik Cohen went down with an injury while fielding a punt in the fourth quarter, and it was apparent when he hit the turf that he was in immense pain. Cohen left the game immediately and did not return.
After the game, Bears head coach Matt Nagy gave an update on Cohen’s status, and it wasn’t good. “It looks like he did end up tearing his ACL,” Nagy said. “That’ll be a big blow to us.”
A big blow indeed. Cohen has never missed a game since getting drafted by the Bears in the fourth round out of North Carolina A&T in 2017 — he hadn’t even shown up on the injury report once prior to going down against the Falcons. The Bears will now have to move forward without their primary punt returner, and they’ll miss his speed and playmaking abilities on offense, as well.
Follow the Heavy on Bears Facebook page, where you can weigh in on all the latest Bears-related breaking news, rumors, content and more!Tarik Cohen Just Signed Three-Year Extension With Chicago Last Week
The ink on Cohen’s new contract extension with the Bears is barely dry. The running back signed a three-year, $17.25 million extension last Saturday, and he now makes an average of $5.75 million per year. With incentives built into the contract, it could ultimately turn into an 18.25 million, $6.093 per year deal, although his injury will likely affect that.
Cohen will still make $9.53 million in fully guaranteed money, and he will have a chance to increase that to around $12 million if he performs well over the next two seasons. After the game, some of Cohen’s current and former teammates showed him some love and support on Twitter, including fellow rusher David Montgomery.
Love you 29 !!!!
— David Montgomery (@MontgomerDavid) September 27, 2020
Tarik is a freak athlete this is a setback for him and I’m looking forward to his comeback. As solid a person as they come https://t.co/eHYeI7fH2A
— Kyle (@Ky1eLong) September 27, 2020Tarik Cohen Valued By This Bears Team, Coaching Staff
“The Bears offered me a good deal, and the history that I have with the team and just the family-like bond that I feel with not only the players, but the ownership and the coaching, I felt like it was only right for me to stay here,” Cohen said last week after singing his extension. “They gave me my first shot and I feel like I’m always loyal to the people who are loyal to me.”
The feeling is mutual. While Cohen had an off year in 2019, he said that Nagy and company had faith he would bounce back in 2020.
“They also see where I can go from here,” Cohen said about what the Bears see in him. “They know that I had a bad year last year and they saw the way I approached this offseason, putting last year behind me and just trying to be a better me and fit better into the offense and become that weapon that they see me as.”
Despite the injury, Cohen’s fit within Nagy’s offense won’t change, and neither will his role on or importance to the team. Here’s to a speedy recovery for the speedy fourth-year back.
READ NEXT: Bears QB Mitch Trubisky Has Strong Response to Being Benched in favor of Nick Foles