Sep 17, 2020
WWE News: Wade Barrett Signs Contract With Company; Details Of New Role Confirmed
This news has been received from: inquisitr.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
In a new interview with Sports Illustrated, Wade Barrett confirmed that he recently signed a new contract with WWE. That also includes an option to extend his stay should both parties be interested. Moving forward, fans can expect to hear the former Intercontinental Champion call the action on NXT.
Barrett revealed that he wants to remain in WWE for the long haul.He was brought in to replace Mauro Ranallo, who parted ways with the company back in August. In the interview, Barrett shared his excitement to work with Beth Phoenix and Vic Joseph, both of whom are also commentators for the black-and-gold brand’s weekly show.
According to Barrett, the trio’s aim is to be different. He wants their show to feel different from the company’s other weekly programs, and he has high hopes for their future behind the announcer’s desk.
“We don’t want to be a carbon copy of what you hear on Raw or SmackDown. I’ve known Beth for years, and she is incredibly talented, and I am just getting to know Vic. I’m excited to learn from and work with both of them, and I’m really excited to develop this into a really tight unit.”
Barrett left WWE in 2016 and hasn’t wrestled since then. During his hiatus, however, the performer’s love of the sport and the industry remained intact. He knew that he couldn’t stay away forever.WWE
The former Nexus leader revealed that he was physically and emotionally spent when he stepped away from the squared circle. However, he is returning to the company re-energized and looking forward to his new role.
“I knew I needed to do some projects away from pro wrestling, but this has always been my passion. And even when I needed some time away, I still found myself looking at results online and then checking out the show on TV.”
Barrett also revealed that he wasn’t injured when he stepped away from the squared circle. He’s said that he’s open to lacing up his boots again if the deal is right in the past, and a Nexus reunion almost happened at this year’s WrestleMania.
However, he wants to focus on announcing because he’s passionate about it, and has been since he dabbled in it during his days as a developmental talent.
Prior to signing on full-time with Vince McMahon’s promotion, Barrett worked for the NWA. He said that he almost signed a long-term deal, but the pandemic caused those plans to change.
News Source: inquisitr.com
Citigroup employee who ran popular QAnon website put on paid leave
Citigroup said it has placed an employee on paid leave after he was unmasked as the operator of a popular website linked with the conspiracy group QAnon.
Jason Gelinas — a 48-year-old resident of Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, who is a senior vice president in the technology group at Citi, according to a now-defunct LinkedIn account — was revealed last week to be the man behind QMap, a user-friendly website that collected and organized the various postings of Q, the pseudonym of QAnon’s mysterious founder and leader.
In a statement, Citi said it has placed Gelinas on paid leave for violating the megabank’s guidelines for employees. Gelinas was earning more than $3,000 a month on a crowd-funded Patreon site dedicated to supporting the QAnon site, which he said helped cover the monthly operating costs, according to Bloomberg.
“As outlined in our Code of Conduct, employees are required to disclose and obtain approvals for outside business activities,” Citi said in a Thursday statement.
Gelinas was outed last week by Logically, a fact-checking news site whose investigation also found that he was a longtime Wall Street IT expert who joined Citi in 2003 after a stint at Credit Suisse.
Reached by Bloomberg outside his home last week, Gelinas described QAnon — a conspiracy theory that claims President Donald Trump is battling a “deep state” ring of child-sex traffickers — as “a patriotic movement to save the country.”
Gelinas appears to be a major player in the secretive QAnon structure. His QMap site, which is now largely shut down, had more than 10 million users in July alone.
Gelinas’ apparent employment at Citi’s information technology division could also signal he’s part of a group that may have played a key role in the early retirement of the bank’s CEO, Michael Corbat.
According to reports last week, Corbat’s exit was hastened after it became clear that federal regulators are preparing a formal reprimand for Citi for failing to upgrade the bank’s outdated technology systems that protect it from risky behavior and other online threats.
A source familiar with Gelinas’ role at Citi told The Post that his unmasking and Corbat’s resignation “have nothing to do with each other.”
On Sept. 10, Citi announced that Corbat will retire in February 2021, elevating Jane Fraser to CEO and making her the first woman to hold that role at a top-four American bank.Filed under citigroup , conspiracy theories , michael corbat , politics , regulation , 9/17/20