Feb 22, 2021
De Blasio admits NYC was too quick to close Trump-run ice rinks
This news has been received from: FOX News
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
"I think the action was taken a little faster than it should have been because there was not an alternative in place," de Blasio said on NY1.
Hizzoner had announced last month that he was nixing the city’s contracts with the Trump Organization, alleging then-President Trump had incited the Jan.6 Capitol riot.
But City Hall on Sunday reversed the move, which would have seen Lasker and Wollman rinks in Central Park close six weeks ahead of their typical April closing dates.Video
The mayor explained that while he wanted to freeze out Trump over the siege, he also didn’t mean to ruin anyone’s ice skating plans.
"What happened here is two needs that both were important and weren’t balanced the way they could have been," de Blasio said Monday.
"From the beginning, it was quite clear – after the horrible events at the Capitol in DC – that this was no longer an acceptable situation and the city moved to sever all ties with the Trump Organization."
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
"I always wanted to make sure that we kept ice skating available for kids and families throughout the season," he continued. "There should have been a different approach, honestly, to make sure that was done."
The city’s stunning policy reversal came after devastated skaters fumed over the weekend that they shouldn’t be kept off the ice due to the mayor’s beef with the Trump administration.
Trump’s business group, run by his sons Donald Jr. and Eric, has operated the rinks for more than three decades.
News Source: FOX News
Tags: security innovation computers video games military tech careers security innovation computers video games military tech careers with the trump organization the city’s to make sure should have been de blasio said ice skating
The United States is attacking Syria, sending a signal to Iran
The United States has responded to attacks against its interests in Iraq. First under the administration of Biden.
Strikes are limited, but the message is clear. For the first time, the Biden administration will be open from Thursday night to Friday. “Installations Sy is used by pro-Iranian militants in Syrian territory on the border with Iraq. They “Recognized in response to recent attacks on US and coalition workers in Iraq“Underlined the Pentagon, but U.S. officials quickly explained that they did not like the United States.”Regional expansionWhen Washington and Tehran try to start the conversation again.
Also read:In Iran’s view, Joe Biden is already imprinting his identity in the Middle East
There is uncertainty about the outcome of these bombings: 22 militants were killed, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights; According to Iraqi sources, at least one Iraqi is close to the militants. Targeted facilities belong to two Iraqi factions – Qatab Hezbollah and Qatab Shouhata – near the earthquake border in Syria. These militants, close to Iran, continue to be attacked
This article is for subscribers only. You still have 76% to find.
Subscribe: 1st month
Can be canceled at any time
Already subscribed? LoginREAD After locking Cheshire must go into Tier 2 - these are the rules