Feb 23, 2021
The Bachelor’s disgraced Chris Harrison ‘FIRED’ by Cameo as ex-host no longer available to send fans $350 videos
This news has been received from: the-sun.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
The disgraced face of the ABC franchise has charged $350-$500 for personalized videos but on Monday, the website shut down access for fans to book Chris.
???? Follow all the latest news and stories on The Bachelor14Chris Harrison has been fired by Cameo following his comments over the Bachelor's racism issuesCredit: Getty Images - Getty 14The Bachelor host charged between $350-$500 for a minute-long videoCredit: Twitter @ASDem
Chris, 49, joined the celebrity video-sharing platform in 2018 and has made hundreds of fan-requested messages since.
As stars set their own price for the service, the TV personality has long been one of the highest-charging celebs on Cameo.
He initially set the price tag at $500 per message - which averaged to be around 45-60 seconds long.
However, he recently dropped the hefty number down to $350 and continued fulfilling requests up until Sunday evening.
While it’s not clear the exact number of video’s he’s made, the Bachelor host has garnered 522 five-star reviews - with his most recent being just two days ago on February 21, 2021.14Fans can no longer book Chris on Cameo as the option has been removedCredit: CAMEO 14Chris made videos for fans as recently as Sunday, February 21stCredit: CAMEO 14The longtime host signed up for the video-sharing platform in 2018Credit: Twitter @ASDem
That number alone would mean Chris has racked in over $250,000 from his Cameo services.
Chris’ clips were uploaded as recently as this weekend however, the “Book” button has now been changed to “Notify me when available.”
Cameo did not immediately respond for The Sun's request for comment.
Fans have called for Chris to be fired after making a series of “unacceptable” comments while chatting with former Bachelorette, Rachel Lindsay - the first Black lead in the show’s history.
Chris asked fans to show “compassion” for Rachael Kirkconnell, 24, after resurfaced photos showed her attending an “Old South” plantation party with deep ties to the Confederacy in 2018.14The TV figure made the controversial comments during an interview with Rachel LindsayCredit: Fox 14Fans have urged ABC to have the ex-Bachelorette replace Chris as host of the showCredit: Getty Images - Getty 14Rachael Kirkconnell was slammed for attending an 'Old South' party in 2018
The longtime face of the franchise added that he’s not the “woke police” and alleged certain things regarding race were acceptable in 2018 but not in 2021.
Following the backlash, the executive producer announced he was “stepping away” entirely from the franchise indefinitely to do some “learning.”
However, critics questioned why Chris would continue making Cameo’s and profiting off the TV series if he was supposed to be away.
“The issue with Chris Harrison still using Cameo is that he said he would be removing himself from the Bachelor franchise for a period of time—he is clearly still using his association with #BachelorNation to make money during his “absence,” one person tweeted.
Another wrote: "Hi #ChrisHarrison was “taking time away” but also completed Cameo requests so I’m back with #FireChrisHarrison.”14 14 14
“#ChrisHarrison is supposed to be taking time off to learn yet he has started doing cameos again. I would hate to meet the person willing to pay $350 for a CH cameo,” a third said.
This comes as the latest career hit for Chris - who was dropped by Manly Bands last week as the jewelry brand completely scrubbed the disgraced figure from ALL their ads.
His 24-piece ring collection - which ranged from $650-$3,500 - is also no longer available for purchase.
In addition, Procter & Gamble Co. announced they are considering using Chris' already-filmed Crest commercials.
Adding to the repercussions, an episode of Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune starring Chris was also postponed and most likely completely scrapped, The Sun exclusively revealed.14Chris has 'stepped away' from his hosting duties indefinitelyCredit: Getty Images - Getty 14Matt James broke his silence yesterday - calling Chris and Rachael's comments 'devastating'Credit: Getty Images - Getty
Yesterday, Matt James spoke for the first time about the show's ongoing race issue that has Rachael and Chris at the center - calling their behavior “devastating.”
He wrote in a statement: “The past few weeks have been some of the most challenging of my life, and while there are several episodes left of the season, it is important that I take the time to address the troubling information that has come to light since we wrapped filming.
“Including the incredibly disappointing photos of Rachael Kirkconnell and the interview between Rachel Lindsay and Chris Harrison."14Fans have petitioned to permanently remove Chris as the host of the franchiseCredit: Getty Images - Getty Most read in CelebrityExclusiveRUNAWAYKanye West ‘will never live in LA again' after divorce from Kim KardashianEX-WIFE PARADISE!Tiger Woods’ ex Elin Nordegren sells Florida home for $28.6 millionBreakingthis is himMandy Moore welcomes first child, son August, with husband Taylor GoldsmithExclusiveKICKS TO THE CURBKanye West's Yeezy sneakers selling for up to $17K each amid Kim divorceCRASH LANDINGBachelor's Rachael cries after skydiving crash with Matt during hometown dateSpoilerOVER ALREADYBachelor Matt 'blindsided & DUMPED' winner as final four ladies remain on show
The TV star continued: "The reality is that I'm learning about these situations in real time, and it has been devastating and heartbreaking to put it bluntly.
"Chris's failure to receive and understand the emotional labor that my friend Rachel Lindsay was taking on by graciously and patiently explaining the racist history of the Antebellum South, a painful history that every American should understand intimately, was troubling and painful to watch.”The Bachelor's Chris Harrison appears in Cameo before he is 'FIRED' by the company and will no longer available to send fans $350 videos
News Source: the-sun.com
Tags: the bachelor bachelor the bachelor the bachelor’s the bachelor’s racism rachael kirkconnell the bachelor host the bachelor host the franchise supposed to be rachel lindsay as recently the disgraced the disgraced getty images his comments attending taking time the reality host still using face the reality
Democrats want to send more unemployment benefits. Some workers never got the last round
Volunteers load shopping bags with food assistance for laid off workers at a food distribution event on Dec. 12, 2020 in Orlando, Florida.Paul Hennessy/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Democrats are poised to send more unemployment benefits to laid-off workers. Meanwhile, some workers are still waiting on the last tranche, authorized months ago.
A $900 billion Covid relief bill signed Dec. 27 extended jobless benefits to March 14 and raised them by $300 a week.
In Wisconsin, officials estimate self-employed and gig workers won't get that extra aid until at least April 21 — almost four months later.
Zoom In IconArrows pointing outwards
Other states, like California and Colorado, only began paying benefits to some groups recently.
Workers who experience delays will get back pay for the missed weeks and be made whole.
But, while they wait for the funds, jobless individuals must go without income support they may need to pay rent or buy food.'Antiquated'
Wisconsin labor officials blamed outdated technology for the delay.
"DWD is working to implement these new Unemployment Insurance provisions, but our antiquated computer system does not allow all of these programs to be launched at once," according to a state website tracking its implementation progress.
More from Personal Finance:
Smart money moves for student loan borrowers
With 4 million Americans long-term unemployed, benefits cliff looms
1 in 10 Americans say they'll never financially recover from Covid
"Our IT programmers must complete extensive software coding for each program, then deploy them one at a time," it added. "A modernized system would allow for faster, simultaneous implementation of these programs.
The Wisconsin DWD didn't respond to a request for comment.
Clunky technology has plagued many other state labor agencies over the past year as they rushed to dole out funds offered by measures like the CARES Act and Lost Wages Assistance.
Zoom In IconArrows pointing outwards
Even with modern computer systems, there's typically some lag time.
The U.S. Labor Department must issue guidance to states interpreting the rules contained in a relief law. That sets the parameters for state labor agencies, which then codes the updates into their systems.
There's also typically a period of testing that occurs after programming is complete.
The whole process typically takes about a month, according to Elizabeth Pancotti, a policy advisor at Employ America, a progressive think tank.
Some states have been able to issue aid within days, though.American Rescue Plan
Delays have been especially pronounced for workers who've collected benefits since the early days of the pandemic — and who exhausted their allotment of aid through two temporary CARES Act programs before the December law extended them.
Those programs are Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, for self-employed, gig, freelance and other workers who don't qualify for state assistance, and Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation, which offers extra state benefits to those who run out of their standard amount.
Zoom In IconArrows pointing outwards
The Continued Assistance Act extended these programs through March 14.
The $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, passed Saturday by the House of Representatives, would extend them through August and raise benefits by $400 a week. Senate Democrats agreed to cut the supplement to $300 a week but extend benefits by another month, through September.
Workers who'd exhausted PUA benefits in Wisconsin appear to be experiencing the longest delays in the country relative to the December law, according to unemployment experts.
California this week just began sending extra aid to workers who had run out of PUA and PEUC benefits, the state Employment Development Department said Thursday.
That affects about 185,000 people, according to the Employment Development Department.
Zoom In IconArrows pointing outwards
And Colorado did so last week, according to the state's Department of Labor and Employment.
"We know that many Coloradans are facing extreme economic hardships right now, and have been anxiously waiting for the ability to apply for these added benefits," Joe Barela, executive director of the department, said Feb. 7.
A new, modernized cloud-based computer system will allow for "much speedier implementation of future pandemic assistance legislation," Barela said.
The new system, called MyUI+, launched in January.Mixed EarnersVIDEO2:1602:16Economy still isn't where it needs to be, says Goldman's HatziusSquawk on the Street
The December law also offered an extra $100 a week to certain self-employed individuals who, due to a quirk in unemployment rules, received a low amount of weekly aid.
Many states haven't rolled out the program, called Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation, yet. It's a new program created by the December law that requires agencies to vet certain documents to prove a worker's eligibility.
In Virginia, for example, the $100 won't be available until around April 26, according to the state Employment Commission. Wisconsin's target date is April 28. Missouri began offering the supplement on Monday.
Two states — Idaho and South Dakota — opted not to offer it, according to Mixed Earners, an advocacy group.