Feb 23, 2021
Zachery Ty Bryan pleads guilty in choking case
This news has been received from: newsbrig.com
All trademarks, copyrights, videos, photos and logos are owned by respective news sources. News stories, videos and live streams are from trusted sources.
The 39-year-old actor pleaded guilty to misdemeanor counts of menacing and fourth-degree assault in exchange for three years of probation in the Oct.16, 2020, attack on his girlfriend in his Eugene apartment, KEZI-TV said Tuesday.
Prosecutors agreed to drop six other charges — which included strangulation and coercion — against Bry an, the station said.Zachery Ty Bryan at an event on November 13, 2016.Photo by Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic
The actor also agreed not to contact the victim.
Police said officers arriving at the apartment complex after the incident found Bryan sitting outside and his girlfriend reportedly hiding in a friend’s apartment.
Bryan was arrested and released on $8,500 bail the following day.
According to police documents obtained by TMZ at the time, the actor’s girlfriend told police he woke, pulled her by her hair and started beating her while shouting obscenities — and choked her to the point that she feared she would suffocate.
Bryan is best known for his role of Brad Taylor in the hit 1990’s TV comedy, and has since become a television producer.
News Source: newsbrig.com
Tags: zachery ty bryan
Forgotten heavyweight champ Mahmoud Charr calls out winner of Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury after three years out of ring
MAHMOUD CHARR has revealed he is gunning to fight the winner of Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury as he aims to return to the squared circle this year.
The 36-year-old hasn't stepped inside the ring since outpointing Alexander Ustinov in November 2017 to win the WBA 'regular' belt.4Mahmoud Charr is desperate to step back inside the ring for the first time since November 2017Credit: Getty Images - Getty
Charr was ordered by the WBA to defend his strap against interim champion Trevor Bryan last month, but the fight failed to materialise.
He has since been named as the Champion in Recess after failing to secure a visa in time to fight in the United States.
But he will be able to secure an instant shot at his former title with the WBA stating that Bryan - who beat Bermane Stiverne for the belt in January - must fight him before May 30.
And Charr is relishing a return to boxing, as he claimed that he has his eyes set on a future bout against either AJ or the Gypsy King.
Speaking to SunSport about who he wants to compete against should he emerge victorious against Bryan, he declared: "Clearly, the winner of Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury."
Asked who he believes would win out of the British pair, he commented: "Willpower beats talent. But both have will AND talent.
"I appreciate both of them very much. Both are absolute top boxers.
"It's going to be a close one. To be honest, I don't want to commit myself."
BET OF THE DAY: BEST PRICES ON THE MARKET FOR PREMIER LEAGUE AND CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ACTION4WBC king Tyson Fury could be a potential opponent for Charr in the futureCredit: Getty Images 4Anthony Joshua may have to defend his world titles against Charr down the lineCredit: Rex Features Most read in boxingLive BlogTIGER LATESTTiger Wood's huge crash 'came moments after nearly smashing into another car'CRASH PANICTiger Woods crash 911 audio reveals cop saying ‘a person is trapped’RevealedTHAT'S ENTERTAINMENTWWE hire new crop of talent to be trained up including son of legendTENDER TIGERHow is Tiger Woods doing? Latest update on the golfer's conditionTIGER'S TERRORWoods suffers horror leg fractures as vid shows him moments before smashTIGER TRAUMAWoods awake in hospital after op on multiple open fractures from terror crash 4
Charr also spoke of his frustration that his January bout to face Bryan never went ahead, as he hit out at the American's promoter Don King.
He said: "It was all very frustrating. Especially the fact of how it happened or didn't happen.
"But that's the way it is and I'm looking forward. I'm still training hard to be prepared for all future opponents.
"I am glad that the WBA decided that Bryan has until the end of May to fight me.
"My team and I will do everything we can to make sure that the same story from January doesn't happen again.
"This time Don King will not get away with his shady games. And then the belt will be back where it belongs - with me!"
Before adding: "I am in the shape of my life. Bryan will not have a chance."Andy Ruiz Jr tips Anthony Joshua to lose blockbuster unification fight with Tyson Fury