Friday, Mar 05, 2021 - 15:08:38
248 results - (0.000 seconds)

Zion Williamson:

Zion Williamson is a freak of nature. In the few games he played for the New Orleans Pelicans, we could see glimpses of a future superstar in him. However, he missed most of the regular season games and couldn’t bring his A-game to the table during NBA Bubble games. As a result, NOLA missed the playoffs yet again, making them 1-4 in the last 5 seasons. Zion is obviously a special player but he might not be able to reach his full potential in the league. The rookie’s 285-pound weight is believed to be the cause. Should the New Orleans Pelicans be worried about Zion’s weight? Despite having the easiest schedule in the NBA Bubble, Pelicans couldn’t seal a spot in the playoffs. In fact, they were one of the worst teams out there, finishing with a mere 2-6 record. Williamson only played 5 of the 8 possible games...
    Getty Zion Williamson and the Pelicans will probably be combating for a playoff spot in Orlando. On Saturday, the New Orleans Pelicans introduced the firing of coach, Alvin Gentry after 5 seasons with the workforce. Throughout his tenure in New Orleans, Gentry compiled a 175-225 teaching report and solely guided the Pels to the NBA Playoffs as soon as. Gentry’s firing got here as no shock because the Pelicans completed this season with a 30-42 report and a 13th place end within the NBA’s Western Convention. Domestically, discuss in New Orleans space is that realistically Alvin Gentry’s days with aNew Orleans Pelicans are numbered & a choice might be coming very quickly. Pelicans completed 30-42 and in 13th place within the NBA’s Western Convention. — ????????Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson, M.A. (@ScoopB) August 14, 2020 “I’m grateful for and appreciative of Alvin’s dedication to the...
    Getty Zion Williamson and the Pelicans will be fighting for a playoff spot in Orlando. On Saturday, the New Orleans Pelicans announced the firing of coach, Alvin Gentry after five seasons with the team. During his tenure in New Orleans, Gentry compiled a 175-225 coaching record and only guided the Pels to the NBA Playoffs once. Gentry’s firing came as no surprise as the Pelicans finished this season with a 30-42 record and a 13th place finish in the NBA’s Western Conference. Locally, talk in New Orleans area is that realistically Alvin Gentry’s days with aNew Orleans Pelicans are numbered & a decision could be coming very soon. Pelicans finished 30-42 and in 13th place in the NBA’s Western Conference. — ????????Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson, M.A. (@ScoopB) August 14, 2020 “I’m grateful for and appreciative of Alvin’s commitment to the organization,” Pelicans’ executive vice president of...
    What to Watch on Thursday: Selena Gomez cooks up food and fun on Selena + Chef Italy Sees Steady Demand for Its First Mid-August Sale in Decade Pelicans’ Zion Williamson did not record a block or steal in bubble New Orleans Pelicans rookie Zion Williamson has made a strong impact since making his professional debut, though still has room to improve. © USA TODAY USA TODAY While mostly known for his offensive highlights that helped make him the No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 NBA draft, he was also a remarkable defender while in college. According to Bart Torvik, his steal percentage ( 3.9 percent) was the second-best among all high-major freshmen in 2018-19. His block percentage ( 5.8 percent) was seventh-best with the same qualifications. However, perhaps because he is shorter than his new professional competition, that has not yet translated to success in the NBA. For...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLORIDA - AUGUST 01: Zion Williamson #1 of the New Orleans Pelicans warms up against the LA Clippers at HP Field House at ESPN Wide World Of Sports Complex on August 01, 2020 in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images) With nothing to play for in the NBA bubble, the New Orleans Pelicans have announced some injury news on Zion Williamson. With Sunday’s loss to the San Antonio Spurs and Portland’s win over Philadelphia later in the day, the New Orleans Pelicans were eliminated from the NBA playoffs. On Monday they announced a list of players who will be out Tuesday against the Sacramento Kings, including Zion Williamson,. The No. 1 pick in...
    Zion Williamson’s rookie season is ending without a playoff berth. It’s not an uncommon stop on the NBA learning curve. Even for No. 1 draft picks, like Williamson was a year ago, winning takes time. The last player to go from being the top overall selection one year to a playoff-game starter the very next season was Derrick Rose -- more than a decade ago. LeBron James needed three years to make the playoffs. John Wall needed four seasons. So did Kyrie Irving, his wait ending in large part because James returned to Cleveland. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM Williamson is about to learn what that process is like. The New Orleans Pelicans are out of playoff contention, something they pretty much knew was the case after a loss to San Antonio on Sunday afternoon -- and something that became mathematically certain that night, when Portland beat...
    How to Watch the Standing Together Concert Benefiting My Friends Place Stock futures mixed after Trump signs orders extending coronavirus relief Zion Williamson: Pelicans’ slow start in elimination game ‘not acceptable’ The New Orleans Pelicans were eliminated from playoff contention on Sunday after a 122-113 loss to the San Antonio Spurs, and some of their players are blaming themselves. © Ashley Landis/Pool Photo-USA TODAY Sports New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson (right) dunks the ball in front of San Antonio Spurs center Jakob Poeltl during the second half of an NBA basketball game at The Field House.  The Pelicans fell behind 17 points in the first half before starting to come back. Zion Williamson said New Orleans' effort to start the game was “not acceptable.” He also said the lack of effort translated to problems in the second half. Similarly, guard J.J. Redick said the Pelicans began the game...
    Police are monitoring Black Lives Matter protests with ring doorbell data and drones Dont eat that sausage and bratwurst in your freezer before you check this USDA health alert Spurs help playoff chances, top Pelicans, Zion 122-113 © APARC San Antonio Spurs forward DeMar DeRozan, left, is fouled by New Orleans Pelicans forward Josh Hart (3) as he goes up for a shot during the first half of an NBA basketball game, Sunday, Aug. 9, 2020, in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (AP Photo/Ashley Landis, Pool) LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) Gregg Popovich and the San Antonio Spurs came to the NBA's restart bubble looking to develop their young talent. The playoffs might be a nice bonus. For Zion Williamson, postseason hopes might have to wait until next year. Get Sustainable Seafood from Alaska to Your Door LEARN MORE Ad Wild Alaskan Company DeMar DeRozan scored 27 points, Rudy Gay...
    By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Basketball Writer LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Gregg Popovich and the San Antonio Spurs helped their playoff chances. Zion Williamson might have to wait another year for his postseason debut. DeMar DeRozan scored 27 points, Rudy Gay added 19 off the bench and the Spurs wasted much of a 20-point, second-half lead before hanging on to beat New Orleans 122-113 on Sunday and hand a big blow to the Pelicans’ postseason hopes. Dejounte Murray scored 18 for the Spurs. Derrick White added 16 before leaving early in the third quarter with a bruised knee. JJ Redick scored 31 points with a season-high eight 3-pointers for New Orleans, which got 25 from Williamson and 17 from Brandon Ingram. The Spurs — bidding to become the first team in NBA history to make 23 consecutive playoff appearances — moved past idle Phoenix into 10th place in the...
    The Pelicans loosened the reins on Zion Williamson and the result was predictable: A victory and a happy rookie. After being limited to a combined 29 minutes in two losses to begin the NBA’s restart in Orlando, the dynamic first-year forward was able to finish New Orleans’ victory Monday night, and he thrived, producing 23 points, seven rebounds and five assists in a 109-99 win over the Grizzlies. “I felt alive again,” Williamson told ESPN. “My competitive spirit was there, and I’m glad coach (Alvin Gentry) and the whole team trusted me to finish the game out.” After leaving the bubble to deal with a family emergency on July 16 and not returning until the 24th, Williamson was placed on a “burst restriction,” and forced to watch from the bench in key moments of the Pelicans first two games, losses to the Jazz and Clippers. But in a must-win game,...
    New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson had a huge dunk Monday night during a 109-99 win over the Memphis Grizzlies. During the second quarter of the game, the former Duke phenom caught a deep lob and hammered home an alley-oop. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Watch the insanely athletic play below. long lob to Zion for the dunk pic.twitter.com/HXsBCbZZ78 — Rob Lopez (@r0bato) August 3, 2020 Zion never disappoints when it comes to putting on a show. The man is a legit human highlight reel, and there’s no other way to put it. When he takes flight, you better just get the hell out of his way. Whatever you do, don’t jump with him because that won’t end well. ???? DON’T JUMP WITH ZION pic.twitter.com/XZYS60NH3j — SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 3, 2020 As I’ve said many times before, I simply don’t understand how...
    Zion Williamson is losing minutes as the New Orleans Pelicans are losing games. The top pick in the 2019 NBA Draft played just 29 total minutes as the Pelicans dropped their first two games of the NBA bubble restart of the season in Orlando. It’s difficult to develop a rhythm when constantly in and out of the game. “It’s very tough, to be honest, because as soon as I start to break that sweat, I look over and that horn is for me and I have to come out the game,” Williamson said. “Also, when I do catch the flow of the game, like I said, that horn goes off and it’s for me.” Williamson missed 13 days of basketball activities to tend to a family emergency leading up to the Pelicans’ first game. They have eased him back with “burst restrictions” in each quarter. The irony is the television draw...
    LAPD officer among dozens seen without masks or social distancing at Hollywood party Florida man arrested, charged with murder after fatally shooting Burger King worker over drive-thru delay, police say Opinion: Pelicans’ playoff fortunes should not hang on how they handle Zion Williamsons minutes LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — The minutes ticked closer to crunch time. For the first time during the NBA restart, it did not mean New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson would remain on the sideline. © Ashley Landis, Pool photo via USA TODAY Sports Zion Williamson played 25 minutes Monday after logging 29 combined in the Pelicans' first two games of the restart. In related news, the Pelicans finished with a 109-99 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday at HP Fieldhouse. New Orleans (29-38) salvaged its playoff fortunes by reducing the gap behind Memphis (32-36) to 2½ games for the eighth and final playoff...
    Photo by Ashley Landis - Pool/Getty Images Fourth Quarter Zion Williamso helped sway the game in the Pelicans’ favor. So, as it turns out, that’s why it’s a good idea to save Zion Williamson for the fourth quarter. Look, I’m not here to debate who’s right and who’s wrong in the never-ending debate over how many minutes Zion should be playing, whether the New Orleans Pelicans and their training staff are coddling him, yada yada yada. But what we can agree on is that if Williamson is on a minutes restriction, the Pelicans should be strategically deploying those minutes throughout the game like breadcrumbs in order to save him for the fourth quarter — especially in close contests. Head coach Alvin Gentry did a much better job of this on Monday in the Pelicans’ must-win game against the 8-seeded Memphis Grizzlies, and, whaddya know? NOLA actually pulled out that win. Zion through...
    New Orleans Pelicans suffered back-to-back defeats in their first two games after the NBA resumed its regular season. They lost a very close game against Utah Jazz 104-106. Then they were totally dominated by the Clippers 126-103. Their NBA rookie, Zion Williamson could play for limited minutes and many people attribute the losses to this. On August 1, the team’s vice president David Griffin had made it clear when he told the media that Zion will not play the ‘significant minutes’. He told that the plan demanded players to make use of scrimmages in the bubble. But since Zion was out for an emergency, he can not come and play for 40 minutes straight. It’s going to take time for settling in. Zion Williamson unhappy with the losses Needless to say, Zion looked pretty disappointed with the losses his side had to endure. In a recent ESPN interview, he answered...
    Local lawmakers are declaring racism a public health crisis in California Recall: Red onions expected in salmonella outbreak shipped to all 50 states and Canada Must watch: Lonzo Ball halfcourt alley-oop to Zion Williamson Damn. This is just a thing of beauty. © Sean Gardner/Getty Images Lonzo Ball and Zion Williams have a connection on the court and the Grizzlies got a look at it up close and personal Monday. LONZO ALLEY ZION OOOOP ???? pic.twitter.com/Vr1BOck8eN — New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) August 3, 2020 NBA TV has another angle Zo-to-Zion alley oops are always highlight reel material ???? pic.twitter.com/TSIQJg6mrw — NBA TV (@NBATV) August 3, 2020 In a must-win game for 0-2 New Orleans, Zion played more in the first half than we have seen recently, but he was still under 10 minutes total. He had 11 points on 5-of-11 shooting, leading an energized Pelicans team that led by...
    New Orleans Pelicans' Zion Williamson (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images) Zion Williamson showed off his hops yet again on Monday with a three-quarters court alley-oop Zion Williamson’s weight and playing time might be the elephant in the room right now with the New Orleans Pelicans, but when he’s on the court, he still remains one of the most athletic finishers in all of the NBA. In many ways, that’s what makes his minutes limit so frustrating for the average NBA fan, especially given there’s no clear injury diagnosis to justify holding him back. The Pels are looking out for the long-term, and this is far from a one-year project in New Orleans. Williamson is expected to be the face of the franchise for years to come, and that’s why we just have to trust that plays like these are just an appetizer of what’s to come.Lonzo Ball and Williamson...
    Seattle council members unveil plan to lay off cops but balk at defunding department by 50 percent right away McDonalds CEO seems to hint at an upgraded chicken sandwich Brian Windhorst: Zion Williamson Clearly Not in Condition to Be Playing The return of the NBA last week also meant the return of one Zion Williamson, the most exciting player to watch in a league full of them. And that's despite playing in less than half a season's worth of games thus far in his career. It therefore came as a bit of a disappointment on Thursday night, when Zion played only 15 minutes and didn't see the court down the stretch of a one-possession game. This isn't that big of a surprise. Everyone knows the New Orleans Pelicans are going to be as careful as possible with their young star, and the preferred method of load management is playing...
    Zion Williamson is losing minutes as the New Orleans Pelicans are losing games. The top pick in the 2019 NBA Draft played just 29 total minutes as the Pelicans dropped their first two games of the NBA bubble restart of the season in Orlando. It’s difficult to develop a rhythm when constantly in and out of the game. “It’s very tough, to be honest, because as soon as I start to break that sweat, I look over and that horn is for me and I have to come out the game,” Williamson said. “Also, when I do catch the flow of the game, like I said, that horn goes off and it’s for me.” Williamson missed 13 days of basketball activities to tend to a family emergency leading up to the Pelicans’ first game. They have eased him back with “burst restrictions” in each quarter. The irony is the television...
    Dunkin employee in Illinois arrested after state trooper finds mucus in coffee Ground beef recall 2020: JBS Food Canada recalls more than 38,000 pounds of meat Limited playing time is ‘very tough’ for Zion Williamson, struggling to find rhythm Zion Williamson has played less than 30 minutes combined in the New Orleans Pelicans’ first two losses inside the NBA bubble at Walt Disney World. Williamson has been placed on “burst restrictions” after missing almost two weeks before play resumed due to a family matter that caused him to leave the bubble.  Though it’s easy to see why the Pelicans staff would limit the 19-year-old — especially after his delayed start to the season after undergoing knee surgery in October — it doesn’t make it any easier for him.  “It’s very tough, to be honest, because as soon as I start to break that sweat, I look over and that...
    Coming after a difficult loss at the hands of city rivals Los Angeles Lakers, the LA Clippers bounced back well in their second seeding game. Doc Rivers and his team faced and easily defeated the New Orleans Pelicans. Moreover, Doc had some pleasant words to say about Zion Williamson before the teams played their second seeding game. We all know that Zion is a beast and his capabilities on the court are way beyond our imagination. The 20-year-old forward has not been particularly enjoying his rookie season as it was barred by an injury and the NBA’s hiatus. However, Doc Rivers being the genius that he knows about the quality of a player like Zion Williamson. Besides his basketball skills, Doc is a huge fan of the youngster’s personality as well. Here is what the Clippers coach said about Zion before their game against the Pelicans: “He’s a freak....
    In the NBA’s season re-opener, the Utah Jazz beat the New Orleans Pelicans in a closely contested game. The Jazz nicked a win by just two points, with Pelicans star Brandon Ingram failing to convert the potential game-winner. Rookie Zion Williamson was on a minute restriction, and only played 15 minutes and had to watch his team lose from the bench. But on ESPN’s The Jump, former NBA champions Kendrick Perkins and Paul Pierce said he should have played more. “Let that bear out of the cage,” said Perkins. “The 20-year-old beast is ready to play. The Pelicans are so much better with Zion on the court. I don’t care that he had a negative 16 last night. This is your franchise player. This is your centerpiece. If he wants to play and is healthy and ready, let him go.” Can Zion Williamson get the Pelicans to a playoff spot?...
    Coach Alvin Gentry and the New Orleans Pelicans recently earned plenty of criticisms for the way they handled the minutes of Zion Williamson in their 106-104 loss against the Utah Jazz on Thursday night. They were leading by four points in the fourth quarter when Gentry decided to bench Williamson. Some people thought that they were just reserving the rookie’s energy for the final moments of the game, but even though the Jazz took the led, New Orleans did no longer bring him back to the court. In a recent interview with reporters, Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin broke his silence over the controversy surrounding Williamson. Griffin explained why the No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft and the man that is expected to be the next face of the franchise only played at the beginning of the quarters and wasn’t on the floor...
    Florida sets a record for number of coronavirus deaths for 4th straight day At least 150 hospitalized due to salmonella outbreak in 48 states Zion Williamson was reportedly not happy with minutes limit The New Orleans Pelicans’ handling of Zion Williamson during the NBA restart opener puzzled many, including apparently the player himself. © Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports Williamson played only 15 minutes in the New Orleans Pelicans’ 106-104 loss to the Utah Jazz on Thursday. He was also benched during crunch time, sitting out the final 7:19 of the contest despite his team losing by just two points. Appearing on Friday’s edition of “The Dan Patrick Show,” Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported that Williamson was angry about his usage in Thursday’s game. “He wanted to play,” Haynes said. “And obviously, I think that members of the Pelicans feel like if he was able to go down the...
    Live updates - Fauci: Diversity of response from states hurt efforts to contain coronavirus McDs CEO: Workers may call cops over masks Zion Williamson in Moderation Now Will Hopefully Work Out in the Long Run The NBA returned on Thursday night in the Disney bubble, and with it came the return of Zion Williamson. Zion was a game-time decision and scored 13 points on 6-of-8 shooting in a medical team-mandated 15 minutes during a Pelicans' loss to the Utah Jazz. © Provided by The Big Lead Replay Video SETTINGS OFF HD HQ SD LO Skip Ad Zion's minutes restriction was just that according to Sam Amick of The Athletic. Zion is healthy, but he hasn't played much and missed two weeks of practice. Simply put, the Pelicans are focused on protecting their long-term investment, rather than making a run at that final spot in the Western Conference playoffs....
    Zion Williamson. Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports/Reuters Zion Williamson sat the final 7 minutes as the New Orleans Pelicans blew a lead and lost to the Utah Jazz in the first game of the NBA bubble. After the game, Pelicans coach said Zion Williamson had hit his minutes limit and wasn't allowed back in. The Pelicans' cautious handling of Williamson has raised debates about managing risk vs. playing to win and how to allocate limited minutes. The Pelicans are four games out of the playoffs, with seven games to play, and three teams ahead of them. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Zion Williamson played only a minor role in the New Orleans Pelicans' 106-104 loss to the Utah Jazz in the opening game of the bubble. The Pelicans led for much of the way and by double-figures for portions, but the lead slipped away in the fourth...
    Zion Williamson had two huge dunks during a 106-104 Thursday loss night to the Utah Jazz. After months and months off the court, the NBA returned for real games Thursday, and the New Orleans Pelicans rookie had two monster jams. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Both came off of lobs, and both were incredibly impressive. You can watch each below. Zo to Zion lobs are back ???? pic.twitter.com/iUnvO4wf2Q — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 30, 2020 Zion got up ⬆️ pic.twitter.com/yfZqIezu52 — Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 31, 2020 We were told that Zion was going to impress people when he returned to the court. I guess people weren’t messing around at all by saying that. He might not have played a ton of minutes Thursday night because he was gone from the bubble for awhile, but he still chipped in 13 points....
    Ja Rule — yes, Ja Rule — spoke for everyone who watched the Pelicans-Jazz matchup Thursday night (WARNING: BAD LANGUAGE BELOW). Why the fuck is Zion on minutes restrictions??? — Ja Rule (@jarule) July 31, 2020 NBA RESTART: Schedule | Playoff bracket | Bubble, explained After re-entering the NBA’s campus following an excused absence and being cleared to play in the restart opener, Pelicans rookie Zion Williamson scored 13 points in just 15 minutes as New Orleans fell to Utah in a tightly contested game. Williamson played the first five minutes of the fourth quarter but never returned after being subbed out with 7:19 left in regulation. When asked about Williamson sitting on the bench as the Jazz took control of the game, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry told reporters the 20-year-old was on a minutes restriction. “Well, of course we wish we could’ve played him down the stretch, but we had used...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Rudy Gobert sank two free throws with 6.9 seconds left to cap a 14-point, 12-rebound and three-block performance, giving the Utah Jazz a 106-104 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans in the first game of the NBA’s restart on Thursday night. New Orleans, which led for most of the game and by as many as 16 points, nearly pulled out the victory as time expired when Brandon Ingram’s 3-point attempt rimmed out in a bitter end to his 23-point night. Zion Williamson, who missed nearly two weeks of practice after leaving the team for a family medical matter on July 16, was deemed fit to start, although his playing time was limited. He scored 13 points in just more than 15 minutes, highlighted by a couple alley-oop dunks, one on a nearly half-court lob from Lonzo Ball. But Williamson checked out for good with 7:19...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Rudy Gobert sank two free throws with 6.9 seconds left to cap a 14-point, 12-rebound and three-block performance, giving the Utah Jazz a 106-104 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans in the first game of the NBA’s restart on Thursday night. New Orleans, which led for most of the game and by as many as 16 points, nearly pulled out the victory as time expired when Brandon Ingram’s 3-point attempt rimmed out in a bitter end to his 23-point night. Zion Williamson, who missed nearly two weeks of practice after leaving the team for a family medical matter on July 16, was deemed fit to start, although his playing time was limited. He scored 13 points in just more than 15 minutes, highlighted by a couple alley-oop dunks, one on a nearly half-court lob from Lonzo Ball. But Williamson checked out for good with 7:19...
    Global COVID-19 cases surge by 2 million in 8 days The restaurant apocalypse is much worse than I thought, Jim Cramer says Pelicans Zion Williamson scores 13 points in 15 minutes in 106-104 loss to Jazz LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — New Orleans Pelicans rookie Zion Wiliamson looked like his explosive self Thursday at HP Field House, scoring 13 points in 15 minutes in the Pelicans' loss to the Jazz. Click to expand Replay Video UP NEXT Should Jets give Jamal Adams what he wants and trade him? What Im Hearing: northjersey.com reporter Andy Vasquez tells us where the Jets mindset is at after star safety Jamal Adams requested a trade. For The Win 2020 ESPYs inspire fans while keeping attention on social justice issues Sports Pulse: Reporter Mackenzie Salmon breaks down the top 5 moments from the 2020 ESPYS For The Win ...
    Reparations for slavery: Is Asheville a national model? The restaurant apocalypse is much worse than I thought, Jim Cramer says Alvin Gentry comments on Zion Williamson being on bench at end of loss The New Orleans Pelicans lost to the Utah Jazz 106-104 in the first game of the NBA’s resumed season on Thursday, and it didn’t help that arguably their best player spent crunch time on the bench. © Pool Photo-USA TODAY Sports Gentry and the Pels are being cautious with Zion Williamson. Zion Williamson was on a minutes restriction, which meant he didn’t play at the end of the game when New Orleans needed him the most. Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said after the game: Gentry: We wish we could have played Zion down the stretch. But he had used the minutes that had been given to us. That's just the way it is. We weren't going...
    NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - MARCH 06: Zion Williamson #1 of the New Orleans Pelicans reacts against the Miami Heat during a game at the Smoothie King Center on March 06, 2020 in New Orleans, Louisiana. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this Photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images) Zion Williamson was on a minutes restriction against the Jazz, but none of that time came at the end of regulation Alvin Gentry created some Twitter enemies on Thursday night when he sat rookie phenom Zion Williamson in the closing minutes of the New Orleans Pelicans loss to the Utah Jazz in the opening seeding game in the NBA bubble. Williamson, of course, is on a minutes restriction for conditioning reasons given he only returned the bubble fairly recently. In...
    2nd US virus surge hits plateau, but few experts celebrate The restaurant apocalypse is much worse than I thought, Jim Cramer says Pelicans Zion Williamson cleared to play vs. Jazz in NBA restart opener LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — New Orleans Pelicans rookie Zion Wiliamson will play in the team's season restart against the Utah Jazz on Thursday at HP Field House. Click to expand Replay Video UP NEXT Should Jets give Jamal Adams what he wants and trade him? What Im Hearing: northjersey.com reporter Andy Vasquez tells us where the Jets mindset is at after star safety Jamal Adams requested a trade. For The Win 2020 ESPYs inspire fans while keeping attention on social justice issues Sports Pulse: Reporter Mackenzie Salmon breaks down the top 5 moments from the 2020 ESPYS For The Win Here are the best fits for Colin Kaepernick...
    MLB and NBA Players Who Have Opted Out of 2020 Seasons Over COVID-19 Concerns (Photos) Should I pay off my student loans early? Lonzo Ball threw a long alley-oop to Zion Williamson and NBA fans loved it The NBA is officially back now, with the Utah Jazz and New Orleans Pelicans kicking off the first of two games tonight in Orlando and everything just feels a little bit better right now. © Provided by For The Win The Pelicans being back means Zion Williamson is back to doing Zion Williamson things, as he started against the Jazz and was expected to play in short bursts. Well, it didn’t take long for Zion to throw down a perfect, long-range alley-oop from Lonzo Ball, which is something we saw way back in March before the world hit pause to battle a global pandemic. Check out this thing of beauty: ZO...
    Photo by Chris Gardner/Getty Images Rudy Gobert and Zion Williamson got the scoring started in the NBA restart. NBA basketball is officially back, and the two most fitting culprits to get the scoring started down in Orlando did exactly that on Thursday. In the first seeding game of the NBA’s restart between the New Orleans Pelicans and Utah Jazz, it was Rudy Gobert — the very man whose positive coronavirus test suspended league play back on March 11 — who kicked things off with an and-one. On the very next possession, Zion Williamson — easily the headliner of this first game — returned the favor with a 3-point play of his own. Rudy Gobert & Zion Williamson trade and-1s to open the action in Orlando! #WholeNewGame @utahjazz x @PelicansNBA ????: @NBAonTNT pic.twitter.com/taMvx7MTpR — NBA (@NBA) July 30, 2020 Gobert missed the extra free throw and Williamson made his,...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Zion Williamson was in the New Orleans Pelicans' starting lineup against Utah on Thursday night, just two days after practicing for the first time in two weeks. Williamson left the team July 16 to attend to a family medical matter. He returned July 24 and tested negative for the coronavirus while he was away, but was placed on quarantine by the NBA for four days before being allowed to rejoin New Orleans for practice on Tuesday night. Coach Alvin Gentry had said during pregame comments that he hoped to have Williamson in the lineup but that both Williamson and the team medical staff would make the final decision after pregame warmups. Right knee surgery forced the 6-foot-6, 285-pound Williamson to miss the first 44 games of his rookie season. But in 19 games since his return in January, he has averaged 23.6 points and...
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - JULY 14: Ja Morant (L) of the Memphis Grizzlies and Zion Williamson #1 of the New Orleans Pelicans shoot during warmups before a semifinal game of the 2019 NBA Summer League at the Thomas & Mack Center on July 14, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images) Memphis Grizzlies point guard, Ja Morant is playing exciting basketball. Morant is averaging 17.6 points, 3.5 rebounds and 6.9 assists for a Grizzlies team that currently sits in 8th place in the NBA’s Western Conference. Morant’s father, Tee Morant appeared on today’s episode of the Scoop B Radio Podcast. While on the show, I asked the eldest Morant to clear something up. Last March,...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Zion Williamson was in the New Orleans Pelicans’ starting lineup against Utah on Thursday night, just two days after practicing for the first time in two weeks. Williamson left the team July 16 to attend to a family medical matter. He returned July 24 and tested negative for the coronavirus while he was away, but was placed on quarantine by the NBA for four days before being allowed to rejoin New Orleans for practice on Tuesday night. Coach Alvin Gentry had said during pregame comments that he hoped to have Williamson in the lineup but that both Williamson and the team medical staff would make the final decision after pregame warmups. Right knee surgery forced the 6-foot-6, 285-pound Williamson to miss the first 44 games of his rookie season. But in 19 games since his return in January, he has averaged 23.6 points and...
    Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Star Stephanie Hsu Vows to Stop Deleting Myself as an Asian Actress (Exclusive) PG&E Fire Insurance Costs Skyrocket After Bankruptcy, Fires Zion Williamson to play in short bursts in Pelicans’ bubble opener Zion Williamson will play in the New Orleans Pelicans’ first game of the NBA bubble restart on Thursday. © Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson Williamson was away from the NBA’s bubble environment in Orlando on an excused absence and returned last week. He cleared quarantine on Tuesday and was able to practice with his team. There were questions about whether he would be back up to playing shape in time for Thursday’s game against the Utah Jazz, and he will. ESPN’s Malika Andrews says Williamson will play in short bursts for the team’s first game. This is not unlike the situation when Williamson made his season debut in January....
    For the first time since March 11, we have a meaningful NBA basketball game to watch. The Pelicans and Jazz will kick off the NBA’s restart Thursday night at the Walt Disney World Resort outside Orlando, Fla. It may only be the first game inside the league’s “bubble” campus, but it could make a huge impact on the Western Conference playoff picture. NBA RESTART: Schedule | Playoff bracket | Bubble, explained New Orleans is fighting for the final playoff spot in the West, which is currently occupied by the Grizzlies. Utah, meanwhile, is trying not to slip too far down the standings with the Thunder, Rockets and Mavericks not far behind. Sporting News is tracking live scoring updates and highlights from Pelicans vs. Jazz. Follow below for complete results. MORE: Watch Pelicans vs. Jazz live with fuboTV (7-day free trial) Pelicans vs. Jazz score   Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Score Pelicans — —...
    Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images Zion Williamson will play in the New Orleans Pelicans’ first seeding game in Orlando. The NBA restart is officially here, and one of the league’s brightest attractions in Zion Williamson will be taking part after all. According to Yahoo! Sports’ Chris Haynes, the New Orleans Pelicans rookie phenom will be suiting up for Thursday’s first seeding game within the Orlando bubble against the Utah Jazz. Williamson was originally listed as a game-time decision after being away from the court for nearly two weeks dealing with an urgent family matter. He participated in Thursday’s shootaround, according to The Athletic’s Joe Vardon, Not long after, ESPN’s Andrew Lopez reported a decision wouldn’t be made until after he had gone through pregame warmups. In regards to any kind of minutes restriction, while Zion will start, Haynes reports he will play in short quick bursts, but not necessarily with...
    When Pelicans rookie Zion Williamson cleared quarantine and returned to practice this week after an excused absence from the team, perhaps no one was as thrilled to see him as Lonzo Ball. “We’re happy to have him back,” Ball told reporters Tuesday. “He puts our team at full strength. We’re a lot better with him than without him. Just having him back to start the [seeding] games is great for us.” NBA RESTART: Schedule | Playoff Bracket | Bubble, explained Ball is right, of course. In 19 NBA games prior to the suspension of play, Williamson averaged 23.6 points, 6.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game while shooting nearly 59 percent from the field. When he was on the floor, the Pelicans had a net rating of plus-10.4. When he sat, that number dropped to minus-3.5. Yes, that is a small sample size of fewer than 600 minutes, but Williamson’s initial impact went beyond...
    Federal agents to begin leaving Portland 5 CDC Safety Guidelines That Way Too Many Restaurants Are Ignoring Zion Williamson hopes to play without restriction right after quarantine: ‘I’m a hooper’ Zion Williamson doesn’t care that it’s been months since he’s played in a real game, or the fact that he’s spent the past several days in quarantine inside the NBA’s bubble at Walt Disney World.  If he had it his way, Williamson would play without any restrictions when the New Orleans Pelicans take on the Utah Jazz on Thursday — which will officially mark the season restart. “I think I can play the whole game. I’m just a hooper,” Williamson said Wednesday, via USA Today. “I don’t know nobody that is going to say, “No, I can only play 10 or 15 minutes at a time.’  “I play the whole game if I have to. I’m a hooper.” Williamson...
    Adam Silver’s Orlando bubble has not burst. Considering baseball’s COVID-19-riddled journey, that’s the most important element as the NBA’s 22-team restart with an eight-game regular season commences Thursday at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports complex. No players tested positive for the second week in a row. As one head coach texted The Post, “The bubble is the safest place on Earth.” Coronavirus permitting, the playoffs will begin Aug. 17 after six clubs go home. No home-court advantage. No fans. No leaving Disney World. Lots of daily testing, TV coverage and Mickey Mouse references. If an asterisk is placed on October’s NBA champion, it’s an asterisk of honor. Mickey Mouse denied through his spokesman he will hand out the Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy. “They’re playing basketball, so it’s legit,” Charles Oakley told The Post. “I hope they can continue to keep guys out of the corona wave. It’s a long time...
    New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson is back with his team at the NBA bubble. According to Adrian Wojnarowski, the former Duke superstar returned Tuesday night to the bubble at Disney in Orlando, Florida. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Williamson had left the bubble for an unidentified family medical situation. Pelicans F Zion Williamson has cleared quarantine and will return to practice with the team in Orlando this evening, sources tell ESPN. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 28, 2020 Well, this is great news for the Pelicans and the NBA. As I said when he left, Williamson missing games in the bubble would be a huge blow to the league. There are many who think the entire playoff format was set up so that Williamson and the Pelicans could get in. After all, the rookie forward is an insane draw for the...
    Zion Williamson returned to New Orleans Pelicans practice for the first time in nearly two weeks on Tuesday night and coach Alvin Gentry said the NBA’s top overall draft pick might play when the club resumes its season against Utah on Thursday night. “It really isn’t a tough decision,” Gentry said after practice in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. “If he’s ready to play, he’ll play. And if he’s not, he won’t. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM “You’re not going to risk anything long term for something very, very short term. So we’ll see and evaluate tomorrow where he is — the medical people will — and so will Zion. Zion will tell us how he feels.” Gentry said Williamson, who left the team on July 16 to attend to a family medical matter, was held out of five-on-five drills and limited largely to three- and five-man sets...
    By BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer Zion Williamson returned to New Orleans Pelicans practice for the first time in nearly two weeks on Tuesday night and coach Alvin Gentry said the NBA’s top overall draft pick might play when the club resumes its season against Utah on Thursday night. “It really isn’t a tough decision,” Gentry said after practice in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. “If he’s ready to play, he’ll play. And if he’s not, he won’t. “You’re not going to risk anything long term for something very, very short term. So we’ll see and evaluate tomorrow where he is — the medical people will — and so will Zion. Zion will tell us how he feels.” Gentry said Williamson, who left the team on July 16 to attend to a family medical matter, was held out of five-on-five drills and limited largely to three- and five-man sets with no...
    Los Angeles Mayor has not a lot of regrets over coronavirus response A new study found fine-dining restaurants in Seattle told white applicants to start immediately, while telling Black jobseekers theyre not hiring Zion Williamson clears quarantine, returns to practice with Pelicans Zion Williamson is back in practice with the Pelicans with a chance to play in New Orleans' season opener on Thursday. © Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports Zion Williamson had to complete a four-day quarantine upon returning. Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reported that Williamson has cleared his quarantine period and will be permitted to practice with the Pelicans. That will give him two chances to get back up to speed in practice before Thursday’s game against the Utah Jazz. © Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports Zion Williamson had to complete a four-day quarantine upon returning. Pelicans F Zion Williamson has cleared quarantine and will return to practice with the...
    Zion Williamson (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images) Zion Williamson has moved another step closer to returning. After leaving the NBA restart bubble in Orlando to tend to an urgent family matter, Zion Williamson is now moving closer and closer to returning to action. According to ESPN’s recently reinstated Adrian Wojnarowski, the rookie phenom has cleared his NBA-protocoled quarantine and will return to practice with the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday evening. This may not seem like a significant development, but upon leaving the bubble, there were many questions about how long Williamson might have to self-isolate upon his return to the Walt Disney Resort, as well as whether he’d be able to stay coronavirus-free outside the bubble.The Pelicans must be glad Zion Williamson is back.One or two weeks of quarantine would’ve left the Pelicans without their future franchise cornerstone for a few seeding games and deprived the league of one of...
    Hulus New Releases Coming in August 2020 Second Stimulus Check Update: Republican Plan to Include Next-Round Payments for Dependents Zion Williamson will return to practice with Pelicans; status for opener undecided When Zion Williamson was on the court this season, the Pelicans outscored their opponents by 13.9 points per 100 possessions (the team had a -1 net rating for the season). The rookie opened up the Pelicans offense and had them looking like a playoff team. Replay Video SETTINGS OFF HD HQ SD LO Skip Ad Williamson’s quarantine after returning to the bubble should end tomorrow and he’s expected to practice with the team Wednesday, Pelicans GM David Griffin told Malika Andrews of ESPN. But that’s just one practice after being away from the team for more than a week with limited workouts (and he had cramping issues before he left). Whether Zion plays in the first seeding game...
    Lewis returns to Capitol to lie in state How the Hamptons got even bougier in summer 2020 Zion Williamson expected to rejoin Pelicans on Wednesday, status for Thursday’s game unclear New Orleans Pelicans rookie Zion Williamson returned to the NBA bubble at Walt Disney World on Friday, after having left for a family matter, and is in the middle of a mandatory four-day quarantine.  “In theory,” Pelicans vice president of basketball operations David Griffin said Monday, Williamson will be released from that quarantine on Tuesday afternoon.  Whether he’ll be ready for their first real game inside the bubble on Thursday night, however, remains to be seen. "Literally any player on our roster who went 13 days without doing any physical activity, it isn't going to be a given that we would just cut them loose in that next game," Griffin said, via ESPN. "Particularly a player that generates as...
    NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA - MARCH 06: Zion Williamson #1 of the New Orleans Pelicans reacts against the Miami Heat during a game at the Smoothie King Center on March 06, 2020 in New Orleans, Louisiana. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this Photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images) Zion Williamson will return to practice on Wednesday. After leaving the NBA bubble in Orlando to deal with an urgent family matter on July 16, Zion Williamson has returned to Orlando and is expected to practice with the Pelicans on Wednesday. He returned to the bubble on Friday and has quarantined since, returning negative tests every day. His quarantine is scheduled to end on Tuesday afternoon, which will make him eligible for Wednesday’s practice. Zion has been able to work...
    At least 1 man hospitalized after 12 people in Delaware get incorrect Covid-19 results, state says 5 Restaurant Chains That Now Require You to Wear Face Masks Zion Williamson could play on opening night after return to bubble Zion Williamson has a chance to play on opening night after the NBA announced his quarantine period upon returning to the Orlando bubble. © Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports The Pels might be able to see their superstar play on Opening Night 2.0 after all. As Williamson tested negative for COVID-19 daily while out of the bubble, the league is requiring a four-day quarantine for the New Orleans Pelicans star. That leaves open the possibility that he could play on Thursday when the team resumes its season. The NBA announces a four-day quarantine for New Orleans' Zion Williamson after he registered negative coronavirus tests every day while away from the team...
    Charlize Theron Says She Had to Train 6 Weeks Longer Than Italian Job Male Co-Stars: Unfair Photos: Civil unrest in Portland after George Floyds death Zion undergoing 4-day quarantine, could play in opener vs. Jazz New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson is undergoing a four-day quarantine period and could be ready for the club's opening game in Orlando, the NBA announced Saturday, according to Marc Stein of The New York Times. © Joe Murphy / National Basketball Association / Getty Williamson began his quarantine period on Friday when he returned to the campus environment. The rookie phenom left the bubble on July 16 to attend an "emergency family medical matter." Williamson was eligible for a shorter quarantine period because he underwent daily COVID-19 testing and produced negative results for each day he was away. New Orleans will resume their 2019-20 campaign Thursday against the Utah Jazz. The Pelicans sit...
    Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images Zion Williamson is well on his way back to the Pelicans starting five New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson will be allowed to play in the team’s season opener after he left the NBA bubble because of a family emergency on July 16. He is currently back on the league’s campus and will only need to quarantine for four days before rejoining the Pelicans. The general rule for players who leave the Orlando bubble without permission is a minimum 10-day quarantine, which can be extended up to 14 days. However, Williamson received permission from the league to return home, and a family medical emergency is considered an extenuating circumstance in the rule book. In order to get the shortened quarantine period, Williamson had to be tested for COVID-19 daily and return a negative result for at least 7 days prior to his return. Zion Williamson...
    Alabama service kicks off days of tribute to US rights icon Lewis 5 Restaurant Chains That Now Require You to Wear Face Masks Zion Williamson reenters NBAs Orlando bubble after family matter Zion Williamson officially is back in the NBA's Orlando bubble.  © Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports Zion is back. The New Orleans Pelicans rookie forward returned to the NBA campus on Friday night after leaving the bubble on July 16 to attend to an emergency family matter. Williamson said in a statement released by the Pelicans: "My family and I appreciate the love and respect that everyone showed us while we dealt with a private family matter. I'm excited to rejoin my team in Orlando and look forward to getting back on the court with my teammates after quarantine." Story: Zion returns to Orlando -> https://t.co/L9XwUXjByS#WontBowDown pic.twitter.com/G35O5vTVbB— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) July 25, 2020 Williamson, who was being...
    Zion Williamson is back in the NBA bubble, after tending to a family situation. He won't be the last to go through the re-initiation process. CLIPPERS’ PATRICK BEVERLEY THIRD PLAYER TO LEAVE NBA BUBBLE DUE TO PERSONAL, FAMILY MATTERS: REPORTS The New Orleans rookie, the No. 1 pick in last year's NBA draft, returned to Walt Disney World on Friday night and immediately went back into quarantine. There was no immediate announcement about how long he would remain separated from the Pelicans, but being back now suggests that it is possible he could play when New Orleans faces Utah on July 30 in the first seeding game of the NBA restart. “My family and I appreciate the love and respect that everyone showed us while we dealt with a private family matter,” Williamson said Friday night in a statement. “I’m excited to rejoin my team in Orlando and look forward...
    Orlando (USA), Jul 24 (EFE) .- The star forward, the rookie Zion Williamson, of the New Orleans Pelicans, returned this Friday night to the NBA bubble after solving a family matter, of according to the information offered by the team. Williamson, who initially left the bubble on July 16 to attend to a family medical emergency, is now beginning the NBA quarantine period before he can join the team. “My family and I appreciate the love and respect everyone showed us as we dealt with a private family matter,” Williamson said in a statement released by the team. “I am excited to meet my team in Orlando and look forward to returning to the court with my teammates after quarantine.” Given that Williamson was screened for COVID-19 while away, and with negative results, his quarantine period should be only four days; however, the NBA has not made an official announcement...
    A Texas hospital overwhelmed by coronavirus may send some patients home to die 5 Restaurant Chains That Now Require You to Wear Face Masks Zion Williamson returns to NBA bubble; status for resumption uncertain Pelicans superstar rookie forward Zion Williamson returned to the Orlando campus on Friday, the team’s PR department announced. © Chuck Cook-USA TODAY Sports After leaving Orlando or an urgent family matter, Zion has returned to the bubble. Williamson was tested daily for COVID-19 while away from the team and produced negative results each time. He is required to quarantine immediately, per NBA protocol. The team is awaiting word on the number of days he’ll be required to quarantine, according to Andrew Lopez of the New Orleans Times Picayune. However, even if the league clears him, it’s not a slam dunk that New Orleans will play him in its first seeding game on Thursday. The team will be...
    Lawyers for New Orleans Pelicans rookie Zion Williamson asked a federal judge in North Carolina on Friday to disregard an affidavit alleging a $400,000 payment was made to Williamson’s family before the former Duke star began his lone college season. The new filing by attorney Jeffrey Klein reiterates his earlier public assertion that the claims made in the sworn affidavit were false and that evidence meant to support those claims, such as a purported Williamson driver’s license, were fraudulent. The affidavit was provided to the court in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, by lawyers for ex-Williamson marketing agent Gina Ford, who is seeking $100 million in damages from the basketball star for breach of contract. Klein said Ford’s lawyers have sought to file an “improper, legally irrelevant, and patently false set of papers … aimed at sullying the character of Mr. Williamson.” Ford, the president of Prime Sports Marketing, filed a lawsuit...
    DHS team deployed to Seattle; unit on standby in case of new unrest in city U.S. Mint asks Americans to start spending their coins to help with coin shortage spurred by COVID-19 New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson returns to NBA campus After leaving the NBA campus nine days ago because of “an urgent family matter,” New Orleans Pelicans rookie forward Zion Williamson returned on Friday evening. Click to expand Replay Video UP NEXT A moment of menace: Patriots Devin McCourty says Floyds death shows how far country still has to go SportsPulse: New England Patriots safety Devin McCourty has always been a vocal member of Players Coalition on social issues. He shared his perspective on George Floyds death to Mackenzie Salmon. For The Win New MLB protocol includes no spitting, high-fiving or showers What Im Hearing: USA TODAY Sports Bob Nightengale discusses the newly...
    With or without Zion Williamson, the New Orleans Pelicans think they’ll be ready to resume their playoff push. The rookie sensation’s availability to play remained unclear as the season’s resumption in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, approached. He left the NBA’s so-called “bubble” setup on July 16 to attend to an unspecified family medical matter. A week later, the club had yet to provide an update on his possible return. The departure of the NBA’s top overall draft choice would seem deflating after the way he played in 19 games after missing his first 44 while recovering from right knee surgery. Not only did he average 23.6 points and 6.8 rebounds in less than 30 minutes per game, but the 6-foot-6, nearly 285-pound power forward did it with the explosive mix of agility, quickness, strength and leaping ability that has made him a global basketball sensation since before he starred...
    The New Orleans Pelicans don’t know when Zion Williamson will return to the team. Williamson had to leave the NBA bubble in Orlando, Florida, at Disney earlier in July because of an unspecified family emergency. The team released a statement Wednesday afternoon providing fans with an update on the situation. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Zion Williamson (@zionwilliamson) on Jul 6, 2020 at 6:47pm PDT The Pelicans said that “there is no current timetable” for the rookie star to be back in the bubble, but that Zion “fully intends” on returning. The Pelicans also revealed that he’s being tested daily for coronavirus, and his isolation time “will be determined upon his return” to the NBA bubble at Disney. You can read the full statement below. Update on Zion Williamson: https://t.co/QcHXZH2NkJ pic.twitter.com/cG9Trrn6Go...
    After four months away from the game, the Nets didn’t look anything like the team that was red-hot when the season halted. Not their roster, and surely not their play. On the court against another team for the first time since March 10, the Nets finally scrimmaged New Orleans on Wednesday in Orlando. And with as many players having tested positive for coronavirus as they had available — nine — Brooklyn looked predictably sloppy and outmatched. Winners of four of five before the shutdown, the Nets began the restart with an ugly 99-68 scrimmage loss against the Pelicans, played in a surreal scene at Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex. Between the socially distanced chairs (a reminder of the specter of COVID-19) to the social justice messages on the court (a reminder of the specter of social injustice), this was always going to feel different. But even they couldn’t have...
    By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Basketball Writer LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — Zion Williamson could still make re-opening night of the NBA season. The New Orleans Pelicans said Wednesday that Williamson, who left the NBA bubble at Walt Disney World last week, is being tested daily for the coronavirus and continues showing negative results. If that continues, Williamson may have to quarantine for only four days when he returns to the team. And if that return comes in the next few days, that means he could still have a shot of playing when New Orleans faces Utah on July 30 in the first of the 88 seeding games at Disney. “While there is no current timetable for his return to campus, he fully intends to rejoin the team,” the Pelicans said in a statement. “Per NBA protocol, his quarantine period will be determined upon his return.” The minimum quarantine Williamson...
    Even outside the bubble, Zion Williamson continues to be tested daily for COVID-19. The New Orleans Pelicans announced Wednesday that their star rookie, who left Orlando’s NBA campus last week because of an “urgent family matter,” has continued to test negative for the coronavirus since he has been away from the team, potentially accelerating Williamson’s return to the court when he returns to Florida. Williamson’s required quarantine period could last anywhere from four days to two weeks and will be determined by the league. “While there is no current timetable for his return to campus, he fully intends to rejoin the team,” a team statement read. “Per NBA protocol, his quarantine period will be determined upon his return.” The Pelicans (28-36), who are scheduled to play their first game of the restarted season on July 30 against the Jazz, are currently 3 1/2 games back of the Grizzlies for the...
    Even outdoors the bubble, Zion Williamson continues to be examined every day for COVID-19. The New Orleans Pelicans introduced Wednesday that their star rookie, who left Orlando’s NBA campus final week due to an “pressing household matter,” has continued to check unfavourable for the coronavirus since he has been away from the workforce, doubtlessly accelerating Williamson’s return to the court docket when he returns to Florida. Williamson’s required quarantine interval might final wherever from 4 days to 2 weeks and shall be decided by the league. “Whereas there isn’t a present timetable for his return to campus, he absolutely intends to rejoin the workforce,” a workforce assertion learn. “Per NBA protocol, his quarantine interval shall be decided upon his return.” The Pelicans (28-36), who’re scheduled to play their first sport of the restarted season on July 30 in opposition to the Jazz, are at present three half video games...
    There is no timetable for Zion Williamson’s return to the Pelicans, who insist “he fully intends to rejoin the team.” Williamson, the Pelicans’ second-leading scorer at 23.6 points per game, departed the Walt Disney World Resort complex in Florida last week to attend to what the team termed “an urgent family matter.” “[Williamson] has been getting tested daily for COVID-19 while away from the team and continues to produce negative results,” the Pelicans said in a statement. “While there is no current timetable for his return to campus, he fully intends to rejoin the team.”  MORE: How social distancing in the NBA will look Per NBA protocols, Williamson will be required to quarantine for between two and four days once he returns to Orlando, as long as he continues to be tested daily for COVID-19. Failure to undergo daily testing would require a quarantine period of at least seven days. ...
    Zion Williamson could still make re-opening night of the NBA season. The New Orleans Pelicans said Wednesday that Williamson, who left the NBA bubble at Walt Disney World last week, is being tested daily for the coronavirus and continues showing negative results. If that continues, Williamson may have to quarantine for only four days when he returns to the team. And if that return comes in the next few days, that means he could still have a shot of playing when New Orleans faces Utah on July 30 in the first of the 88 seeding games at Disney. “While there is no current timetable for his return to campus, he fully intends to rejoin the team,” the Pelicans said in a statement. “Per NBA protocol, his quarantine period will be determined upon his return.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM The minimum quarantine Williamson would have to serve...
    California surpasses New York in confirmed coronavirus cases Banks Are Paying People to Bring in Their Spare Change as National "Coin Shortage" Takes Place Banks May Pay You for Loose Change During the Pandemic Pelicans provide update on Zion Williamson The New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday provided an update on the status of Zion Williamson. © Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY Sports The New Orleans Pelicans provided further clarification about why Zion Williamson left the Orlando bubble. Williamson left the NBA Bubble in Orlando on July 16 to deal with a family medical matter. Update on Zion Williamson: https://t.co/QcHXZH2NkJ pic.twitter.com/cG9Trrn6Go — New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) July 22, 2020 The Pelicans say that Williamson has been tested daily while away from the team and continues to be negative for COVID-19. Williamson will have to follow NBA protocol upon his return to Orlando. It’s possible that his daily negative tests while away from...
    Court documents reveal secretive federal unit deployed for Operation Diligent Valor in Oregon Retail workers slammed by job cuts, pushed into new roles as coronavirus shakes their industry Pelicans Zion Williamson has no current timetable for return to Orlando LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – A week after the New Orleans Pelicans granted Zion Williamson permission to leave the NBA campus because of what it called “an urgent family matter,” they said in a statement that “there is no current timetable for his return to campus.” Click to expand Replay Video UP NEXT Memphis group demands justice for Vanessa Guillen Memphis group demands justice for Vanessa Guillen Commercial Appeal Memphis A conversation with Doug McGowen, city of Memphis COO A conversation with Doug McGowen, city of Memphis COO Commercial Appeal Memphis Supreme Court has mixed ruling on Trump tax cases Supreme Court has mixed ruling...
    Zion Williamson has left the NBA bubble at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida to attend to an urgent family matter, the Pelicans announced Thursday. The Pelicans said in a statement that star rookie Williamson, the Pelicans’ second-leading scorer at 23.6 points per game, plans to rejoin the team for the restart of the NBA season at a later date but did not offer any specifics.  ‘We fully support Zion’s decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family,” the Pelicans’ vice president of basketball operations David Griffin said. “Out of respect for the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time.” Whether Williamson will miss any games remains to be determined. Per NBA protocols, he will be required to quarantine between two to four days once he returns to Orlando provided he is tested daily for coronavirus during his time away. Failure to...
    New Orleans Pelicans’ Zion Williamson left the NBA bubble in Florida on Thursday to tend to an “urgent family matter,” the team announced. The Pelicans did not offer details about Williamson’s departure, but noted that he intends to return to Florida for the resumption of the season. FORMER WASHINGTON PLAYERS SPEAK OUT ON NAME CHANGE: ‘I’LL ALWAYS CALL THEM THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS’ “We fully support Zion’s decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family,” Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin said in a statement. “Out of respect for the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time.” Williamson will have to quarantine again when he returns to Central Florida, a period that will last at least four days and could be significantly longer if he is not tested daily during his absence from the team. POST MALONE GETS NEW INK AFTER LOSING...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — The New Orleans Pelicans say top overall draft choice Zion Williamson left the club on Thursday to attend to an urgent family medical matter. The Pelicans say Williamson intends to rejoin the team in the Orlando area for the resumption of the season, but the club did not specify when he would be able to return or whether he'll miss any games. Williamson will have to quarantine again when he returns to Central Florida, a period that will last at least four days and could be significantly longer if he is not tested daily during his absence from the team. “We fully support Zion’s decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family,” Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin said. “Out of respect for the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time.” Williamson, who starred...
    What the heck is Georgias governor doing? National Ice Cream Day is Sunday! Score deals from Baskin-Robbins, Dairy Queen and more Pelicans Zion Williamson leaves NBA campus for urgent family medical matter LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – New Orleans Pelicans rookie forward Zion Williamson left the NBA’s campus site on Wednesday because of what the team called “an urgent family medical matter.” Click to expand Replay Video UP NEXT IndyCar racing fans return after late season start IndyCar racing fans return after late season start USA TODAY SPORTS Will priority testing for athletes hurt public health? Will priority testing for athletes hurt public health? USA TODAY SPORTS Reliving 1999: How Brandi Chastains iconic moment almost never was Reliving 1999: How Brandi Chastains iconic moment almost never was USA TODAY SPORTS 1 Cancel SETTINGS OFF HD HQ SD LO Skip Ad Inside...
    New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson has exited the Orlando bubble due to a family medical emergency. It is unclear what the emergency is or when he is expected to return to campus. Zion was a part of practices this first week and is a crucial part of the Pelicans squad which will be making a push for the playoffs in the bubble. Shams Charania of The Athletic broke the news on Twitter. Pelicans‘ Zion Williamson has left the Orlando campus to tend to an urgent family medical matter and plans to return for season restart at later date. — Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 16, 2020 The Pelicans have followed up with a statement addressing Zion’s departure. Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations, David Griffin has extended support to Zion and chosen not to comment on the situation out of respect for Zion’s family. Zion Williamson update: pic.twitter.com/eShAPl1gB2 —...
    New Orleans Pelicans superstar Zion Williamson has reportedly left the NBA’s bubble at Disney in Orlando. According to Shams Charania, the former Duke sensation “has left the Orlando campus to tend to an urgent family medical matter and plans to return for season restart at later date.” (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Pelicans‘ Zion Williamson has left the Orlando campus to tend to an urgent family medical matter and plans to return for season restart at later date. — Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 16, 2020 This is not good at all. Obviously, we’re hoping nothing but the best for Zion. Whatever the family issue is, I hope like hell it’s dealt with in the best way possible. There are very few things scarier in life than medical issues in the family. They’re the worst.   View this post on Instagram   A...
    Virginia drops criminal charges against pastor who held 16-person church service National Ice Cream Day is Sunday! Score deals from Baskin-Robbins, Dairy Queen and more Zion leaves Orlando for urgent family matter, plans to return New Orleans Pelicans star Zion Williamson left Orlando to attend to an "urgent family medical matter," though he intends to return at a later date, the team announced Thursday. © Jesse D. Garrabrant / National Basketball Association / Getty "We fully support Zion's decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family," Pelicans executive vice president of basketball operations David Griffin said. "Out of respect for the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time." Williamson will be subject to a mandatory four-day quarantine period if he returns. He must also test negative for COVID-19 during each day he's outside the property before being granted entry back into the...
    New Orleans Pelicans star forward Zion Williamson has left the NBA bubble to deal with an urgent family medical matter. Williamson “intends to rejoin the team in Orlando for the NBA restart at a later date,” the Pelicans said Thursday in a release. The team expressed sympathy over the 20-year-old’s decision. “We fully support Zion’s decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family,” said Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin. “Out of respect for the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time.” The Pelicans are scheduled to play the first game of the NBA’s restart on July 30 against the Jazz.
    BOSTON (CBS) — Zion Williamson is leaving the NBA bubble in Orlando for an “urgent family medical matter,” the New Orleans Pelicans announced Thursday. “We fully support Zion’s decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family,” Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin said in a statement. “Out of respect for the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time.” Williamson, the No. 1 overall pick last summer, is expected to rejoin the team at some point for the NBA’s restart. If Williamson returns to the NBA’s campus in Orlando, he’ll need to quarantine for at least four days if he receives a negative test result a week prior to his return. Otherwise, he’ll face a 10-day quarantine. The NBA has had a handful of players test positive for COVID-19 ahead of the league’s schedule restart, with another player landing in quarantine...
    LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) — The New Orleans Pelicans say top overall draft choice Zion Williamson left the club on Thursday to attend to an urgent family medical matter. The Pelicans say Williamson intends to rejoin the team in the Orlando area for the resumption of the season, but the club did not specify when he would be able to return or whether he’ll miss any games. Williamson will have to quarantine again when he returns to Central Florida, a period that will last at least four days and could be significantly longer if he is not tested daily during his absence from the team. “We fully support Zion’s decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family,” Pelicans Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations David Griffin said. “Out of respect for the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time.” Williamson,...
    Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images New Orleans Pelicans forward Zion Williamson. The Pelicans will be without Zion Williamson for some time. The rookie left the NBA bubble on Thursday to deal with an “urgent family medical matter,” according to the team. Williamson is expected to rejoin the Pelicans at a later date. “We fully support Zion’s decision to leave the NBA campus to be with his family,” Pelicans VP of Basketball Operations David Griffin said. “Out of respect fo the Williamson family, we will have no further comment at this time.” Zion Williamson update: pic.twitter.com/eShAPl1gB2 — New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) July 16, 2020 Williamson’s Steps for Returning to Bubble The plan is for Williamson to return to the Pelicans at some point and he will need to go through the league’s quarantine protocol for a return. The 2019 No. 1overall pick will get an excused absence. Players...
    Zion Williamson, #1, New Orleans Pelicans, (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images) The Pelicans announced that Zion Williamson has left the bubble in Orlando to attend to an urgent family matter.What would it take for Zion Williamson to rejoin the Pelicans? SUBSCRIBE: Get The Whiteboard delivered daily to your email inbox
    Getty Former operating again Todd Gurley #30 of the LA Rams. It’s been means too lengthy since any of us have been capable of buy an overpriced ticket to see our favourite stars dwell in motion whereas consuming an overpriced chilly brew. And also you’d be mendacity for those who mentioned you didn’t miss it. After 4 months with out most sports activities, issues are nonetheless wanting questionable however Gatorade has spoken up for all of us of their new ‘Able to Play’ marketing campaign that includes star athletes throughout skilled leagues comparable to; Philadelphia Phillies heavy hitter Bryce Harper, New Orleans Pelicans Zion Williamson, Washington Mystics star Elena Delle Donne, Olympic hurdler Sydney McLaughlin and Atlanta Falcons operating again Todd Gurley. Additionally, comply with the Heavy on Falcons Fb web page for the most recent breaking information, rumors, and content material!Todd Gurley is Able...
    Getty Former running back Todd Gurley #30 of the LA Rams. It’s been way too long since any of us have been able to purchase an overpriced ticket to see our favorite stars live in action while drinking an overpriced cold brew. And you’d be lying if you said you didn’t miss it. After four months without most sports, things are still looking questionable but Gatorade has spoken up for all of us in their new ‘Ready to Play’ campaign featuring star athletes across professional leagues such as; Philadelphia Phillies heavy hitter Bryce Harper, New Orleans Pelicans Zion Williamson, Washington Mystics star Elena Delle Donne, Olympic hurdler Sydney McLaughlin and Atlanta Falcons running back Todd Gurley. Also, follow the Heavy on Falcons Facebook page for the latest breaking news, rumors, and content! Todd Gurley is Ready to Play. . . Baseball? That’s right, these players are just as sick as...
    What the prospect of a new Wonder Years offers America (opinion) Disney World Just Opened the Worlds Most Mind-Blowing McDonalds Zion Williamson “just went back to square one” with quarantine workouts Zion Williamson looks cut — like he spent the entire quarantine doing workouts — and ready to be a force at the NBA restart in Orlando. © Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images View this post on Instagram Built for this
    The marketing agency Zion Williamson left shortly before beginning his NBA career is suing him for $100 million and levying serious allegations about compensation he received as an amateur athlete, which would have deemed him ineligible to play for Duke. On Thursday, an affidavit signed by a man named Donald Kreiss, who purportedly worked as a middleman between Maximum Management Group and Williamson, alleged Williamson received $400,000 in exchange for a verbal commitment to sign with the Canadian firm. The plaintiff, Williamson’s former marketing agent Gina Ford of Prime Marketing Sports, is attempting to prove Williamson was ineligible to play NCAA basketball and therefore unable to explain breaking his contract with her company by pointing to a North Carolina law protecting amateur athletes. In other words, she claims Williamson forfeited his amateur status by accepting money. “It was further my understanding that to secure the verbal commitment from Lee Anderson [acting on behalf of Zion Williamson...
    Top Pentagon officials say Russian bounty program not corroborated Chick-fil-A postpones its annual free food event due to COVID-19 concerns Affidavit alleges $400K payment to Zion Williamson, stepfather before he played at Duke Zion Williamson’s legal saga took a dramatic turn on Thursday when a court document outlined an alleged $400,000 payment to the basketball star and his stepfather before he played at Duke. © Provided by Yahoo! Sports The latest in Zion William's legal woes alleges a six-figure payment from marketing agency in 2018. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File) Williamson’s legal team countered with claims of fraud and forgery. The affidavit was filed by attorneys for marketing agent Gina Ford, who is embroiled in a legal battle with the New Orleans Pelicans star seeking $100 million after he left her Prime Marketing Sports to sign with CAA. Ford has filed several documents seeking to prove that Williamson...
    The legal fight over NBA rookie Zion Williamson’s endorsement potential now includes an allegation that his family received $400,000 from a marketing agency before his lone season for Duke. Prime Sports Marketing and company president Gina Ford filed a lawsuit last summer in a Florida state court, accusing Williamson and the agency now representing him of breach of contract. That came a week after Williamson filed his own lawsuit in a North Carolina federal court to terminate a five-year contract with Prime Sports after moving to Creative Artists Agency LLC. CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM In court filings Thursday in North Carolina, Ford’s attorneys included a sworn affidavit from a California man who said the head of a Canadian-based firm called Maximum Management Group (MMG) told him he paid Williamson’s family for his commitment to sign with MMG once he left Duke for the NBA. The documents include a marketing agreement...
    James Charles Finally Addresses YouTube Beauty Influencer Drama: Im Just Staying Out of It CEO of Century 21 parent says suburban home search is up across the country, following New Yorks lead Zion Williamson, stepfather accused of being paid $400K while at Duke The latest development in the legal battle between Zion Williamson and his former marketing agent, Gina Ford, has the potential to be a huge one. © Jeffrey Becker-USA TODAY There has been a new court filing with serious allegations against Zion Williamson. In a new court filing obtained by Daniel Wallach of The Athletic, Ford and her agency, Prime Sports Marketing, allege that Williamson and his stepfather were paid $400,000 to sign with another marketing agency in October 2018.  Williamson was enrolled at Duke at the time. BREAKING: Zion Williamson’s former marketing agent files “newly-discovered evidence” in North Carolina federal lawsuit. New affidavit claims Wiliamson and...