Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 - 03:43:32
293 results - (0.004 seconds)

The messages:

(CNN)Polar bears take some cajoling as pen pals. First you need to find one, then sedate it and quickly give it the necessary tools before it wakes up. It's an awkward first encounter -- how many friendships do you know that start with a tranquilizer dart? -- and admittedly a one-sided correspondence, but soon they're sending messages daily.Every morning, Jon Aars, a senior researcher at the Norwegian Polar Institute, receives a batch of emails from several female polar bears in the High Arctic, checking in and letting him know where they are. "It's always a nice way to start the day," he says.Svalbard, a Norwegian archipelago north of the mainland, is an ideal place for Aars to study a section of the world's estimated 26,000 remaining polar bears. "(There are) about 300 living in Svalbard year-round," he explains, "if you fly for one hour, most of the time you find...
    Utah teacher Lucas Talley, 38, a married father-of-four, has been charged with two counts of kidnapping for allegedly smuggling a 14-year-old student into his classroom inside a plastic bin A middle school teacher from Utah has been arrested on kidnapping charges after police say he sneaked a 14-year-old student he had been grooming for an inappropriate relationship into his classroom in a plastic bin. Lucas Talley, 38, was booked into the Salt Lake County jail on two counts of kidnapping on Friday. Prior to his resignation a week ago, Talley, who is married with four children, had taught at South Hills Middle School in Riverton for 12 years. According to a probable cause affidavit cited by KJZZ, Talley was exchanging text messages and emails with multiple young girls, asking them to talk him through anxiety and panic attacks. ‘Much of this contact has been of a personal nature and...
    So kneeling is disrespectful but painting a shitty tattoo graphic all over the flag is patriotic? Got it. In the wee hours of Monday night into Tuesday morning, the Arizona Republican Party’s official Twitter account decided to walk directly into the world of Trump-driven sedition. Retweeting some #StopTheSteal account that wrote “I am willing to give my life for this fight,” the Arizona Republican Party responded: “He is. Are you?” It was a dangerous rhetorical piece of work for the entire Arizona Republican Party to endorse by way of its Twitter account. But that wasn’t the nadir. A now-deleted tweet by the same account, but preserved by the internets, included a video from one of the Rambo movies where the jingoistic male superhero, Rambo, aims a loaded bow and arrow at point-blank range at a bad guy, with the quote: “This is what we do, who we are. Live for nothing, or die for...
    A Nebraska woman who posed as the love rival she had already murdered spent four years sending hundreds of messages to the victim's family and ex-boyfriend before the truth in the twisted case was uncovered. Shanna Golyar, 45, is currently serving a life sentence for first-degree murder in the slaying of 37-year-old Cari Farver who was last seen in Ohama back in 2012.  Golyar spent the next four years impersonating Farver in text messages, emails and Facebook posts.  In an ABC 20/20 special to air tonight, Farver's mother Nancy Raney and the victim's ex-boyfriend Dave Kroupa opened up about receiving those messages and the harassment they endured before authorities eventually cracked the bizarre love triangle case. Authorities say Golyar murdered the victim after realizing she'd embarked on a relationship with Kroupa - a man she was obsessed with and had been romantically involved off and on for several months. Shanna Golyar,...
    An Enigma machine — the German encryption device used by Nazi forces to send secret message during World War II — has been recovered from the Baltic Sea. Divers recovered the device at the bottom of Gelting Bay, on Germany's northern coast, while working to remove abandoned fishing nets that threaten marine life. Designed shortly after WWI by the engineer Arthur Scherbius for commercial usage, the cipher engine was adopted by many national governments and militaries. The portable device is best-known for its use by the Axis powers to encode military commands, for safe transmission by radio, as part of their rapid 'blitzkrieg' strategy.  Enigma featured a number of wheels, which together formed an electric circuit that repeatedly scrambled an entered character — and reconfigured after each letter. German military models — made more complex through the addition of a plugboard, for added scrambling — and their codebooks were highly sought by...
    In what will come as encouragement and relief to all F1 fans, Haas F1 driver Romain Grosjean offered an update from his hospital bed. He looked in relatively cheery spirits, as he delivered a brief message to all the people thanking them for their support. Grosjean said, “Hello everyone, just wanted to say I’m okay, well, sort of okay. Thank you very much for all the messages.” The 34-year-old Frenchman was also quite thankful to the ‘halo’ device that has been installed in all F1 cars after the 2018 season. Grosjean made particular note of it and emphasized on the same during his message. Romain Grosjean is hoping to write some messages soon The Haas driver added and said, “I wasn’t for the halo some years ago but I think it’s the greatest thing we brought to Formula 1 and without it I wouldn’t be able to speak to you...
    THE Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh opened messages from their great-grandchildren as they celebrate 73 years as a married couple. The royals, who married on November 20 in 1947 at Westminster Abbey, were photographed together on a sofa at Windsor Castle where the pair are spending lockdown. 6The pair opened cards from well-wishers Credit: Handout - Getty 6They have been married for 73 yearsCredit: Getty Images - Getty 6George, Charlotte and Louis wished their great grandparents a happy anniversaryCredit: PA:Press Association The then Princess Elizabeth had met Philip 13 years earlier and after a third meeting in July 1939, they began exchanging letters.After a third meeting in July 1939 our future Queen, who was just 13 years old at the time, is said to have fallen in love with Philip - and they began exchanging letters. The couple became secretly engaged in 1946 and Elizabeth's dad, King George...
    Nations League The City player discovers some of the dedications to MARCA Ferran Torres arrived in Manchester with a smile from ear to ear. Under his arm, the 6-0 to Germany, from his first hat-trick with the Spanish national team. A memory that will occupy a privileged place in the Valencian player’s trophy cabinet. The day after, Ferran discovers exclusively for MARCA some of the messages from his teammates that adorns that ball. Hat-trick from Ferran Torres to Germany: how good this boy! “Great, scorer!”, The message of Channels, “The first of many, congratulations!”, The dedication of Kepa, “For the Foios xiquet”, by Pau Torres, “Congratulations bug!”, The message of Gerard Moreno, “Great, Ferru!”, That of Gay. These and many other congratulations from his La Roja teammates on a night for history. The explosion of Ferran Torres A fixed for Luis...
    SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- As we inch closer to the Thanksgiving holiday, there are some mixed messages about holiday travel. Can you get tested for COVID-19 and then travel to see family or friends? The answer depends on which Bay Area county you live in.The message from San Francisco health officials is clear: Stay home this Thanksgiving."Please do not use testing to determine whether you can travel or not," said Health Officer Dr. Grant Colfax. "We have seen the repeated failure of this testing strategy across the country, including in Washington, D.C. A negative test cannot be an excuse to put yourself or others at risk. Remember, please remember that people who test negative can still harbor the virus if they are early in their infection."RELATED: Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to knowBut while San Francisco sounds that message loudly,...
    Normally, the US State Department takes care of all communications intended for the future president. But given that Donald Trump has still not recognized Joe Biden’s victory, the latter does not have access to State Department resources. According to ., which got wind of the information via officials working for the department in question, dozens of incoming messages, mostly congratulations from foreign officials, were not forwarded to the Democratic winner and are therefore blocked by the Trump administration. Joe Biden has of course received direct appeals and support, notably from German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. However, the future president does not benefit from the logistical and translation support provided by the operations center of the State Department. However, it is towards this service that many states will have gone to congratulate the winner of the American presidential election...
    ALEX Trebek's wife Jean has said their family is "truly touched" by the support they've received since the Jeopardy! host's death. Jean thanked fans for their "compassionate messages and generosity" in a touching post shared three days after the legendary game show presenter died aged 80 of pancreatic cancer. 8 Alex Trebek's wife Jean thanked fans for their support after his deathCredit: Getty Images Jean, 56, shared a sweet black and white photo of her and Alex from their wedding in 1990 on Instagram on Wednesday. The widow - who has two grown-up children with Alex - wrote: "My family and I sincerely thank you all for your compassionate messages and generosity. "Your expressions have truly touched our hearts. Thank you so very, very much." She signed off: "Many Blessings to all, Jean Trebek." 8 She shared a touching throwback from their 1990 weddingCredit: Instagram 8 Jean said fans' "compassionate"...
    Celebrity pastor Carl Lentz's wife has also been fired from Hillsong Church over her husband's affair as it's revealed his cheating was discovered when she and their church colleagues saw messages from the cloud on his computer. Laura, 40, was dealt a second blow last week when she was let go from her role as a leader at the church because of her husband's fling, multiple sources told The Sun.  New details have also emerged about how the alleged five-month affair between the pastor to the stars, 42, and New York City designer Ranin, 34, first came to light.  Ranin, who said she met Lentz at a park in Brooklyn, told the New York Post Laura and other church members saw the texts between her and Lentz on his computer.  'All his messages are linked from the iCloud,' she said. 'He's not really a good cheater.'  Lentz, who brought Hillsong...
    David Limp, senior vice president of devices and services at Amazon.com Inc., presents the Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker during an unveiling event at the company's Spheres headquarters in Seattle, Washington, U.S., on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018.Andrew Burton | Bloomberg | Getty Images In a thread on Reddit over the weekend, some Amazon Echo owners complained about unwanted commercial messages from Alexa. Sometimes, if you ask the Alexa the weather, for example, it might give you the weather and then ask if you want ideas for stuff to buy. It happened on my Echo, too. When I tested it by asking Alexa the time, Alexa told me the time and then added : "By the way, I can help you celebrate birthdays. Would you like to hear some ideas for birthday themes?" It didn't happen all the time, just sporadically. It happens enough that people are vocal about it, though....
    Jack Gillum - Jeremy B. Merrill November 8, 2020 7:12PM (UTC) This article originally appeared on ProPublica. More than 800,000 people with phone numbers tied to six presidential swing states have been targeted with automated phone calls on Tuesday suggesting they remain at home on Election Day, a tactic that has alarmed voters and has drawn the attention of the FBI, documents and interviews show. All told, more than 3 million calls were made to people across the country on Tuesday, instructing them to "stay safe and stay home," according to data and call recordings provided by the firm TelTech, which owns the RoboKiller smartphone app. One message, only a few seconds long, delivers the message in a monotone, robotic voice. : Government officials and voters interpreted the messages as potential voter suppression, though it's not clear what the intent was since the messages apparently began last December, before...
    (@wadodecorrido) President Alberto Fernandez He expressed himself during Saturday afternoon to greet and congratulate Joe Biden and Kamala Harris for the victory achieved in the United States elections. The president used his Twitter account, where he also highlighted citizen participation in these elections. “I congratulate the American people on the record turnout in the elections, a clear expression of popular will. I greet Joe Biden, the next president of the United States, and Kamala Harris, who will be the first vice president of that country “, the president wrote. The tweet that President Alberto Fernández published One hour later, Cristina Kirchner He also published a message on social networks: “We finally got to know the will of the American people. Congratulations to Joe Biden, President-elect, and Kamala Harris, the first woman elected Vice President of the United States. “. For his part,...
    New York mailman allegedly kept 813 pieces of mail, including 3 ballots, USPS says People are painting their walls more now — and these are their go-to colors Half of Trump’s Post-Election Commentary Censored on Social Media; Facebook Whacks President the Most © Provided by Mediaite Twitter Olivier Douliery/Getty Images Olivier Douliery/Getty Images Roughly half of President Donald Trump’s post-Election Day commentary on social media has been censored by Twitter and Facebook. Of 37 posts the president authored on the two websites, 17 were labeled by the platforms. Twitter’s label warned that “some or all” of the content in the posts was “disputed and might be misleading,” while Facebook pushed election-related content below the posts. The content included advisories that final vote counts “may be different” from initial counts, and that election officials “follow strict rules” when it comes to counting votes. Forbes first noted the trend Wednesday evening....
    Olivier Douliery/Getty Images Roughly half of President Donald Trump’s post-Election Day commentary on social media has been censored by Twitter and Facebook. Of 37 posts the president authored on the two websites, 17 were labeled by the platforms. Twitter’s label warned that “some or all” of the content in the posts was “disputed and might be misleading,” while Facebook pushed election-related content below the posts. The content included advisories that final vote counts “may be different” from initial counts, and that election officials “follow strict rules” when it comes to counting votes. Forbes first noted the trend Wednesday evening. As of early Thursday afternoon, Twitter had appended a label to eight of Trump’s 23 messages published after Election Day. Facebook had appended a label to nine of 14 messages on that platform. “All of the recent Biden claimed States will be legally challenged by us for Voter Fraud and State...
    (CNN)Democrats are terrified. But President Donald Trump's MAGA-hatted legions are sure their hero is poised for another miracle.The most critical election in modern American history is here, and neither side trusts the data that shows Democratic nominee Joe Biden is the favorite and that the President has a narrower — but still clear — path to victory. Both sides are still fighting the last war — the one Trump won in 2016.Many of Biden's supporters are still churning through the trauma of the last presidential election night, when they went in expecting to celebrate America's first female president, Hillary Clinton, and got an awful surprise. Every poll showing a minute tightening of this race, each warning by Trump that he's got squads of lawyers poised to challenge the results, deepens the Democratic angst.In public and on social media, Trump's fans are adopting the towel-snapping bravado of his campaign, which insists...
    WHATSAPP has warned that its self-destructing messages can still be read even after deletion. It means you should still be very careful about what you send – even if your message is set to destroy itself. 2WhatsApp has warned that self-destructing messages might not be as safe as you thoughtCredit: WhatsApp WhatsApp recently added a feature that lets you send texts that vanish after a set amount of time. It works a bit like Snapchat messages, boosting your privacy by killing off potentially sensitive messages. When you enable disappearing messages, they vanish after seven days – though messages sent prior to changing settings won't be affected. But there are at least seven ways someone could capture your message before it's deleted. 2Be very cautious whenever you send anything sensitive over WhatsAppCredit: WhatsApp First, the preview of the message could still be displayed in notifications until the WhatsApp app is opened....
    For indispensable reporting on the coronavirus crisis, the election, and more, subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter. In the coming postlapsarian winter, I can’t wait for the end of campaign emails, and, I hope, the return of my name. For the past year or so, I’ve felt the power of my name gradually lessen after the many times it appeared in my inbox, used as a guilt trip after a comma “…, Jacob” or for an emphatic hit at the start of a sentence, “Jacob, …”. Before, like a dog, the utterance of “Jacob” caused me to turn my head and wait for something vaguely good to happen. I felt a certain rush when I got an email. Sometimes, I even clicked! I miss that innocent, dumb dog me who assumed a random message with my name in the subject line might be important, and I think he existed...
    Texting out the vote to young voters in 11 battleground states is crucial, but it's hard for volunteers to get a slot sometimes. The election is almost over—and one reason I’m cautiously optimistic is the youth vote. Despite millions of students displaced from college campuses due to the coronavirus, the enthusiasm of voters under the age of 30 is reaching historic levels. The problem: Will young voters know how to cast their ballots and vote by Tuesday? Click to volunteer with NextGen America, and work to send last-minute text messages to young voters in 11 battleground states. These shifts fill up quickly, so do it now. We are at over 92,000 get-out-the-vote signups for the 2020 cycle, but Daily Kos hopes to recruit over 100,000 by Tuesday. Please chip in $3 today to help Daily Kos and our get-out-the-vote operation. Texting is one of the most popular get-out-the-vote activities at...
    WHATSAPP'S hidden texting "leaderboard" could disappear in the next update – so check yours quick. There's an easy way to find out who you message the most, and the numbers will probably shock you. 2Are you a true WhatsApp addict? This trick will help you find outCredit: Reuters But it could disappear forever: the test version of WhatsApp is missing the handy feature. It's not guaranteed to vanish, but the feature doesn't exist in the WhatsApp beta – so the death knell has sounded. The removal was spotted by the WhatsApp code-diggers at WABetaInfo, who say their fans are disappointed by the decision. How to see WhatsApp text counters You can find the number of texts you've sent and received in a chat, and how many times you've shared locations. 2You can find the message counter under Storage UsageCredit: The Sun It also shows how many photos, GIFs, videos, voice...
    Tyra's also revealing why she thinks some viewers don't like her as the new host. New Dancing with the Stars host Tyra Banks gave herself a pat on the back in a new interview and said she’s the one who’s pulled in the high ratings for Season 29. The star spoke out about the trolls who have sent hate her way since she took over from Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews. Speaking to former The Bachelorette star Rachel Lindsay for Extra, Tyra admitted she doesn’t read the messages from the haters and instead focuses on the viewing figures, which have largely been up compared to last season. “A lot of it is just people don’t like change. A lot of it is being skewed by individuals,” Tyra explained during the video chat, which can be seen via the YouTube video below. “The ratings are so huge, I get the numbers....
    Bill Gates has criticized White House coronavirus adviser Dr. Scott Atlas as a 'pseudo-expert' and labeled him 'off-the-rails'. The Microsoft billionaire's remarks about Atlas joined an increasing chorus from public health experts that sounded in recent weeks.  'We now have a pseudo-expert advising the president,' Gates said during Yahoo Finance's All Market Summit: Road to Recovery on Monday.  The outlet said that after the initial interview on October 15, Gates confirmed he was speaking about Atlas and added that the Stanford professor is 'off-the-rails.'  While speaking during Yahoo Finance's All Market Summit: Road to Recovery, Bill Gates (pictured) called Dr. Scott Atlas a 'pseudo-expert' News reports have indicated that Scott Atlas, a neuroradiologist who has gained favor with the President, has promoted the controversial herd theory in the White House.  The notion has been blasted by several other experts, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, who was previously the face of the...
    Dominic West is not the only married man with whom Lily James has found her name intertwined. Sources close to Rebecca co-star Armie Hammer and his wife say their marriage went into a nose-dive in the fall of 2019 after she found passionate texts and letters from a mystery woman who signed herself ‘Adeline’. Adeline’s’ real identity is a mystery. But intriguingly, around the same time as the apparent dalliance, Armie was shooting the movie Rebecca, released on Netflix Wednesday, with co-star Lily James. It was Lily’s intimate break with new co-star Dominic West in Rome this week that became the subject of frenzied international speculation after they were photographed in several compromising clinches. And, while her Mrs. de Winter character in the adaptation of Daphne du Maurier’s classic novel has no first name, James was referred to as Adeline on the movie call sheets and on her trailer, sources...
    GREENWICH VILLAGE, Manhattan (WABC) -- A comedian who went viral on TikTok for impersonating the famed New York City subway announcements was invited by the MTA to make her own recordings.Molly Clark, 23, got to hear herself on the subway for the first time Wednesday afternoon."That's just bizarre, but I really love it," she said.The NYU grad's journey from the West Village to the city's mass transit system began when she imitated Charlie Pellett, New York City's famous subway voice, saying "Stand clear of the closing doors please" as a joke while in an elevator.It was also a form of exposure therapy, a mock scenario, she said, after she once passed out while riding on a packed train and was terrified to step foot back on the subway."I had never experienced claustrophobia, so I had this weird experience," she said. "And I am simulating in the elevator, and I did...
    Bombshell text messages unearthed by private investigators working to free jailed Tiger King star Joe Exotic could lead to his acquittal, DailyMailTV can reveal. The messages cast serious doubt over prosecution claims that Exotic - real name Joe Maldonado-Passage - gave a 'burner' phone to alleged hitman Allen Glover in a murder-for-hire plot against Carole Baskin. And in an exclusive audio clip obtained by DailyMailTV, Exotic himself claims he never had the pizza phone in his possession and never gave it to Glover. Exotic was jailed for 22 years after being found guilty of plotting to kill his nemesis and fellow big cat lover Baskin. Central to the prosecution's case was $3,000 lawyers claim Exotic paid Glover for the hit and a pizza restaurant cell phone he gave him so they could communicate. But in critical new evidence uncovered by 'Team Tiger' - a group of investigators and lawyers working...
    Threatening emails. Weird recruitment text messages. A website with an “assault weapon” raffle. In the weeks immediately preceding and following President Donald Trump’s debate-night nod to the Proud Boys, voters have reported a slew of spam messages that claim to come from the far-right paramilitary group. But many or all of those messages are hoaxes, some of which originate from a serial prankster who has previously posed as anti-fascists. The result is a murky, threat-ridden state of affairs with some voters more worried than ever about election security amid Trump’s calls for supporters—including the Proud Boys in particular—to monitor polls. "We are in possession of all your information," read one email claiming to be from the Prod Boys that was shared on social media by multiple Florida residents Tuesday. "You are currently registered as a Democrat, and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure....
    SAN ANTONIO – Two people who received these text messages asking them to participate in a COVID-19 case study for a hefty compensation asked the KSAT Trust Index Team to see if real companies are recruiting study participants by text. One text message uses the recipient’s name. The other is vaguer, but both mention a compensation of “up to $1,220” if they participate. To determine the legitimacy of the texts, KSAT’s Trust Index Team cast a wide web, reaching out to hospital systems, research centers and consumer watchdogs. “I would be highly suspicious of a message that comes to you unsolicited, apparently from an unidentified source, apparently offering you lots and lots of money and then trying to get you to click on a link. Just don’t do it,” said Dr. Ruth Berggren, an infectious disease specialist and professor of medicine at UT Health San Antonio’s Long School of Medicine....
    Emails from a computer allegedly owned by Hunter Biden could be “absolutely verified beyond a shadow of a doubt” if the metadata for the files were made available to review, a cybersecurity expert told the Daily Caller News Foundation. Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani reportedly provided the New York Post with a copy of the hard drive the emails originated from. But he has refused to release metadata information for messages the Post described as “smoking-gun” evidence that Hunter Biden introduced a Burisma executive to his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, in 2015. Giuliani told Daily Caller White House correspondent Christian Datoc during an exclusive interview Thursday that questions surrounding the metadata for the files he provided to the Post were “pettifogging nonsense” pushed by the “liberal press.” (RELATED: 1-On-1 With Rudy Giuliani — What Haven’t We Seen From The Hunter Biden Hard Drive, And Why Won’t He Release...
    US coronavirus: The country reported its most cases in a day since July. Deaths may begin climbing, too, a leading expert says This Grocery Store Has the Best Customer Service A birthday greeting from Sergio Garcia? Its one of the things you can get on Cameo Have you ever wanted a personalized message from pro golfers Lexi Thompson or perhaps John Daly? © Provided by Golfweek You can make that desire a reality through Cameo.  Cameo is a website and app that allows you to request personalized messages from all your favorite celebrities, including several PGA Tour and LPGA pros. Launched in 2017, Cameo has increased in popularity over the years with more than 30,000 celebrities currently on the platform.  Fans can request a birthday wish, joke, advice and much more. Among the golfers, prices can range from $750 for a message from John Daly to $110 for Golf...
    Fact check: Biden voted to tax Social Security, wants to reform retirement benefits This Beloved Taco Chain Is No Longer at Risk of Shutting Down Chalk the Vote With Your Kids This Weekend If your home is anything like mine, there has been a bit of election talk in recent days and weeks (and months and years). My son wishes he could vote himself, but at ten years old he’s got to wait a little longer. My husband and I have already voted, so it’s easy to feel like there’s not much more to do besides sit around and watch our anxiety steadily creep higher. But there is something you—and your kids—can do right now: You can Chalk The Vote. © Photo: B Calkins (Shutterstock) The #ChalkTheVote campaign was created by nonprofit organization ParentsTogether as a way for parents and their kids to get excited about voting...
    NBA players who have applauded and cheered the league over its push on social-justice messaging on the back of players' jerseys and having “Black Lives Matter” on the floor fell largely silent this week over Commissioner Adam Silver alluding to a “return to normalcy” next season. Silver said on ESPN’s “NBA Countdown” on Sunday it’s likely that those same messages that have been seen during the restarted season in the league "bubble" at Disney World in Orlando, Fla., will be moved off the court. NBA TO LEAVE BLM, SOCIAL JUSTICE MESSAGING 'OFF THE FLOOR' NEXT SEASON, SAYS COMMISSIONER ADAM SILVER Los Angeles Lakers forward LeBron James (23) did not contradict Adam Silver after the commissioner's remarks on future social justice messaging. (Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports) “We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades,” Silver told ESPN’s Rachel...
    Democratic candidate Cal Cunningham's apparent lead in North Carolina's Senate race could be in danger after the publication of some steamy texts between Cunningham and a married woman led to revelations of an alleged affair. ARMY RESERVE INVESTIGATING NC'S CUNNINGHAM AFTER STEAMY TEXT MESSAGES SURFACE: REPORT Cunningham has dodged questions about his relationship with Arlene Guzman Todd, the wife of an Army veteran. This week, Guzman Todd told the Associated Press their affair included physical encounters as recently as July. In texts, which were obtained by Fox News, Guzman Todd and Cunningham planned a private meetup. SEE TEXTS BETWEEN CAL CUNNINGHAM AND ARLENE GUZMAN TODD: next Image 1 of 4 prev next Image 2 of 4 prev next Image 3 of 4 prev Image 4 of 4 "Hey!! And you are historically sexy," Cunningham wrote. "Every day and night." "When can I...
    It’s not just you; the entire country is being bombarded with political text messages. The numbers are astronomical, and they show no signs of letting up before voters go to the polls next month. Anyone who’s found themselves on a political party or campaign’s text-messaging list will attest to the fusillade of fundraising appeals to which they’re subjected. The wave can be measured by the persistent buzz of your phone, or chime alerting you to another message in your inbox. But hard macro data on the scale of America’s political text campaigns has been hard to come by. That’s changing with the release of numbers from RoboKiller, a leading service to combat unwanted robocalls and text-messaging spam. According to RoboKiller data, Americans received an estimated SIX BILLION text messages related to the presidential election alone from June through September. And the volume of texts from political campaigns, parties, and interest...
    By The Associated Press NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Latest on Hurricane Delta (all times CDT): 10 a.m. Gov. John Bel Edwards is using telephone and text messages to urge Louisiana residents to prepare for Hurricane Delta. Edwards spokeswoman Christina Stephens said a 30-second robocall being sent to most landlines was warning residents that Thursday is the last day they have to get ready. Officials are also sending text messages to people who have signed up to receive information from the governor’s office. The messages note that much of Louisiana is under tropical storm or hurricane watches because of Delta, and that residents should “prepare now and have your emergency plans in place.” ___ 10 a.m. Gov. Kay Ivey has lifted a mandatory evacuation order for tourists along Alabama’s coast as Hurricane Delta steams through the Gulf of Mexico toward a likely landfall in Louisiana. The National Hurricane Center has...
    NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Latest on Hurricane Delta (all times CDT): 10 a.m. Gov. John Bel Edwards is using telephone and text messages to urge Louisiana residents to prepare for Hurricane Delta. Edwards spokeswoman Christina Stephens said a 30-second robocall being sent to most landlines was warning residents that Thursday is the last day they have to get ready. Officials are also sending text messages to people who have signed up to receive information from the governor’s office. The messages note that much of Louisiana is under tropical storm or hurricane watches because of Delta, and that residents should “prepare now and have your emergency plans in place.” ___ 10 a.m. Gov. Kay Ivey has lifted a mandatory evacuation order for tourists along Alabama’s coast as Hurricane Delta steams through the Gulf of Mexico toward a likely landfall in Louisiana. The National Hurricane Center has said...
    President Donald Trump dominated the time and tempo of the first presidential debate with Democratic nominee Joe Biden, but transcripts show he didn’t say much about the populist policy messages that drove support for him in 2016.
    NBA Commissioner Adam Silver made an appearance on NBA Countdown earlier this week to talk about the social justice messages that the league has on their basketball courts, as well as on players’ jerseys. Silver says these messages will be “largely left off the floor” next season. “We’re completely committed to standing for social justice and racial equality and that’s been the case going back decades,” Silver said in the interview. “It’s part of the DNA of this league. How it gets manifested is something we’re gonna have to sit down with the players and discuss for next season. LEBRON JAMES, LAKERS MOVE WITHIN ONE GAME OF NBA TITLE Silver continued: “I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and our jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer....
    NBA commissioner Adam Silver doesn’t believe the NBA will have as many social justice messages next season. The NBA put Black Lives Matter on the courts in the bubble at Disney in Orlando, and players were allowed to wear social justice messages on their jerseys. However, it sounds like that will all be coming to an end at the end of this season. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Silver said the following during an ESPN interview before game four Tuesday night when discussing the top of social justice messages: I would say, in terms of the messages you see on the court and the jerseys, this was an extraordinary moment in time when we began these discussions with the players and what we all lived through this summer. My sense is there’ll be somewhat a return to normalcy, that those messages will...
    Democratic U.S. Senate candidate for North Carolina Cal Cunningham admitted days ago that he exchanged texts of a sexual nature with a woman who was not his wife. Now, new texts have emerged indicating that the relationship was not just virtual — and the woman involved confirmed to the Associated Press that she and Cunningham had a physical affair. What are the detail?On Thursday, conservative outlet National File published texts between Cunningham and a California public relations strategist identified as Arlene Guzman Todd. TheBlaze previously reported that "she is married to Jeremy Todd, who like Cunningham is a military veteran, reportedly served 15 years in the Army." The next day, Cunningham — who is married with two children — admitted to the authenticity of the messages, but said he would stay in the race against incumbent Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) while asking for privacy for himself and his family. Allegations...
    Georgia prosecutors want to use 'racial' Facebook posts and text messages that contain 'a ton of filth including the N word' as evidence against three men charged in the murder of Ahmaud Arbery.  Court documents filed by prosecutors in Glynn County on Friday say Gregory and Travis McMichael and their neighbor William 'Roddie' Bryan Jr each shared 'racial' material.  They want  to use the messages and posts as 'proof of motive', The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.  The McMichaels have been jailed since they were arrested on murder charges in May, more than two months after 25-year-old Arbery was fatally shot while running in their neighborhood outside of Brunswick. Bryan Jr, who shot the video, was also charged with murder after joining the pursuit.  Travis McMichael is said to have a shared a 'racial highway video Facebook post,' 'a racial Johnny Rebel Facebook post' and a racial text message in 2019. His father Gregory reportedly...
    Slack has gone down, leaving users unable to send messages just as their work day is starting Monday morning. The firm has addressed the outage saying 'some users may be unable to connect to Slack, while others are still experiencing general performance issues' - the team is working to fix problems. Down Detector shows the outage, which began around 9:30am ET,  is mainly in the US, with parts of Europe also being affected. Slack has become vital for companies during the coronavirus pandemic as a way to conduct business with employees still working from home.  Slack has gone down across the globe, leaving users unable to send messages just as their work day is starting Monday morning. Down Detector shows the outage, which began around 9:30am ET, is mainly in the US, with parts of Europe also being affected Not only are people struggling as it is Monday morning, but the...
    Twitter is pledging to remove tweets rooting for President Trump's death in the wake of his COVID-19 diagnosis.  The social media site's communications department made the vow Friday evening, just hours after the Commander-in-chief was airlifted to hospital amid reports that he was having trouble breathing.  'Tweets that wish or hope for death, serious bodily harm or fatal disease against *anyone* are not allowed and will need to be removed. This does not automatically mean suspension,' an official statement from the company read.  Twitter is pledging to remove tweets rooting for President Trump's death in the wake of his COVID-19 diagnosis. The President is pictured on Thursday - one day before he tested positive to the contagious virus  Twitter's communications department made the vow Friday evening, following a wave of sick tweets posted by users  Trump confirmed he had tested positive to the virus earlier in the day, prompting...
    If you’re not the inbox zero type — and I’m definitely not — you might sometimes rely on Gmail’s “Select all conversations that match this search” option to read, archive, or delete hundreds or thousands of messages at once. Except we can’t do that anymore, and neither can a number of angry Gmail users we’ve spotted. The option has up and disappeared. @gmail Hey, how come there’s no longer an option to “Select all conversations” to mark thousands as read at once? I’m typing “is: unread” + selecting the “All” check box, but instead of “Select all conversations” at the top of my screen, it says “No results found”…? pic.twitter.com/dercwGE5OE — Laura McQuillan (@mcquillanator) September 30, 2020 incredible that the “Select all conversations that match this search” option has been removed from @gmail. what on earth are they thinking??? actions can now be performed only on the...
    Legendary singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passed away on Friday. The entire nation gave him a tearful farewell.  However, amid this, there also floated rumours of the MGM Healthcare Hospital charging exorbitant rates and delaying the handover of mortal remains. His son SP Charan refuted these rumours saying that they were hurtful, in his latest Facebook post. Some messages that went through viral messages claimed hospital took Rs 3 crore for the singer’s treatment and only released his mortal remains after a balance of Rs 1.85 crore was paid. RIP SP Balasubrahmanyam: Late Legendary Singer Laid to Rest With Police Honours (View Pics). “I don’t know why people do this. How offensive and hurtful it will be for people associated with this issue? It is disheartening. Definitely it is not a SPB fan, because SPB would not do something like this. He was not someone who hurts others. He was someone...
    With classroom time reduced, U.S. college students demand tuition cuts The new 10 p.m. curfew on UK pubs, bars, and restaurants will devastate the industry, owners say. Its hard to understand how this is the solution to fighting the disease. The UFC boss Dana White is fuming at Conor McGregor for breaking a man code and leaking their private Instagram messages © Photo by Chris Unger / Zuffa LLC via Getty Images Dana White is angry at Conor McGregor. Photo by Chris Unger / Zuffa LLC via Getty Images The UFC president Dana White is angry at the marquee fighter Conor McGregor. The Irish striker recently leaked private Instagram messages involving White. Following the UFC 253 event on Fight Island, White told reporters that "it's one of the dirtiest things you can do." White appeared to say it violated a "man code" that "even the ladies" know. The...
    DUANE “Dog” Chapman is charging fans $700 to chat to him over a Zoom video call. Followers can now head to Cameo.com to book a live meeting with the beloved reality star after he joined the site this year to raise cash. 7Fans can chat to Dog The Bounty Hunter over zoom for $700Credit: Getty Images - Getty Dog – who has promoted the service on his social media page - has been offering personalised video messages to fans for months for $200 a pop. But now he's gone one step further and vowed to spend 10 minutes of his time with fans who are willing to cough up a hefty sum. Clicking through to the booking page, Cameo promises those who sign up: "Have Dog The Bounty Hunter join you for a 10 minute virtual meet and greet! "Schedule a time for you and up to four...
    Dana White is angry at Conor McGregor. Photo by Chris Unger / Zuffa LLC via Getty Images The UFC president Dana White is angry at the marquee fighter Conor McGregor. The Irish striker recently leaked private Instagram messages involving White. Following the UFC 253 event on Fight Island, White told reporters that "it's one of the dirtiest things you can do." White appeared to say it violated a "man code" that "even the ladies" know. The UFC boss also downplayed any bout agreement involving McGregor and the eight-weight boxing champion Manny Pacquiao. "I have no idea," he said. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The UFC boss Dana White is fuming at Conor McGregor for breaking a "man code" and leaking their private Instagram messages online. At a post-event press conference inside Fight Island's Flash Forum in Abu Dhabi, White told reporters, "it's one of the dirtiest...
    UFC president Dana White has slammed Conor McGregor after the Notorious shared their private conversation online. McGregor, 32, took to social media after 38-year-old veteran Diego Sanchez called him out. 2Dana White was furious with Conor McGregorCredit: Getty Images - Getty To Diego Sanchez... I seen your recent comments about your final bout and I am in! After you fought Pereira, I had requested for myself and you to compete in Dublin. This was back in February when I was working on opposition for my season, pre covid. Good luck this weekend! pic.twitter.com/Y0hf6Zr7XF— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) September 25, 2020 But the Irishman wanted to prove he was one step ahead of the game by trying to arrange a fight with Sanchez back in February. McGregor showed four screenshots of his conversation with White including one message that read: "A fight late May in LA. Me and Diego in Dublin...
    Getty UFC President Dana White. UFC president Dana White isn’t happy about UFC superstar Conor McGregor sharing personal text messages between the two men via social media. White stated his thoughts about the matter to the media during the post-fight press conference for UFC 253 on Saturday night in Abu Dhabi. “This is some man code stuff,” White said. “It’s just something you don’t do. It’s one of the dirtiest things you can do.” McGregor announced his plan to face boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao inside a boxing ring next year in the Middle East. But McGregor also went on a tirade against White and the UFC both before and after that stunning announcement. Huge parts of those tirades were directed at White for not getting McGregor any of the UFC fights he wanted. In the text messages McGregor shared on Friday via social media, McGregor offered to fight...
    By JENNIFER PELTZ, Associated Press UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Chinese President Xi Jinping urged the world to “reject attempts to build blocks to keep others out” as an image of his country’s storied Great Wall hung behind him. Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte used photos and videos to illustrate what he was talking about. Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison shared his policy views — and his scenic view of Sydney Harbor. If the annual U.N. General Assembly meeting of national leaders is always a window on the world, this year the window is opening directly onto their desks, presidential palaces and homelands. Staying home because of the coronavirus pandemic, they are speaking by video, adding a new layer of imagemaking to the messages and personas they seek to project. “They have to be authentic, they have to be believable, and this is even more of a challenge virtually. But it need...
    Former deputy assistant FBI director Peter Strzok during testimony before the House in 2018. If you’ve followed the story of the Russia investigation for any period at all, just the thought of Donald Trump talking about FBI agent Peter Strzok or attorney Lisa Page is enough to set your teeth on edge—if for no other reason than how Trump invariably slips either “lover” or “lovely” in when describing Page. The personal text messages between Page and Strzok have been the go-to for Republicans looking for evidence of some “deep state conspiracy” out to unseat Trump. The messages have been diced into fragments, misquoted, and taken out of context in an effort to somehow invalidate the entire Russia investigation. But the question before the court of Judge Amy Berman Jackson on Friday was whether or not those text messages should have been seen at all. Not only did release of the messages, complete with...
    Messenger probably isn’t the greatest option for your main messaging app, but being able to reset the default could let you choose apps that offer a better experience than Messenger or Apple’s Messages. Android’s mobile OS already lets users choose their preferred messaging app. Sadly, Apple is probably not going to give users that choice. Apple’s Messages app is still one reason that people buy Apple hardware, and Apple uses the encrypted messages to brag about its privacy practices.  But not allowing users to choose their default messaging app could add to the argument that Apple practices “monopolist behaviors.” The company is facing increased criticism over its App Store fees, and it is the target of multiple antitrust investigations. Today, Epic Games, Spotify and others announced the Coalition for App Fairness, an alliance to pressure both Apple and Google to change their app store rules and other restrictive policies. 
    Nicole Karlis September 24, 2020 11:02PM (UTC) ' When news broke that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg passed away, political organizers and advocacy groups jumped on the sad news as a chance to try to stop Trump from appointing a right-wing nominee prior to the election, against Ginsburg's dying wish. One prominent message began to circulate on social media, advising readers to text "RBG" to the number 50409. The message said that, by sending this text, citizens would add their signatures to a petition asking their local senators to delay a new Supreme Court Justice nomination until after the 2021 election. If you want the Senate to delay a new Supreme Court nomination until after the election, text RBG to 50409. It's a bot that will send a signed letter to your Senator. I was 414,446. It takes 2 minutes! — Betty Buckley (@BettyBuckley) September 21, 2020 ...
    SHE may have shot to her fame for her role in Coronation Street - but these days, Michelle Keegan is equally famous for her killer sense of style. Last week, the star sent fans wild when she unveiled chicest EVER Very range. 15Michelle Keegan sent fans earlier this month when she unveiled her new fashion range with Very with these sultry snaps And let's just say, Michelle's sultry ensembles were a far cry from the days when bodycon dresses were all the rage. Here Fabulous Digital takes a look back at Michelle's style evolution through the years - and the "secret messages" she sends with her flawless fashion choices. Finding herself Speaking to Fabulous Digital, fashion expert Harriet Davey said Michelle was still finding her feet with her personal style back in 2010. 15Michelle embraced the bodycon trend in 2010Credit: PA:Press Association 15Fashion expert Harriet Davey says Michelle was still...
    A young mother-of-two has been shot dead in what appears to be a murder-suicide by her husband at their Ohio home. Mikki Starr, 27, and Zachary Starr, 29, were both found dead in their home at 624 West Ford Avenue, Lima. Police are investigating a possible murder-suicide after alarming messages were posted on Facebook by Zachary. Officers from Lima Police Department arrived at the couple's home at 5.42pm last Wednesday. They found Mikki and Zachary inside dead from gunshot wounds. Detective Sergeant Jason Garlock, of Lima police, said a preliminary investigation seemed to show that Zachary shot Mikki before turning the gun on himself. Mikki Starr, 27, with her husband Zachary Starr, 29, with and their children Police officers outside the couple's home on West Ford Avenue, Lima, after the shooting Detective sergeant Garlock said: 'We had information from family members that there were some social media messages...
    The emoticons they came to stay. And although today we use them every time we write a message on our mobile phone or computer, the truth is that the first was not originally included in a text until 1982, when Scott fahlman, an engineer, programmer, and professor at Carnegie Mellon University, had the idea of ​​writing an email including the first two emoticons as we know them today: a colon, a dash and an open parenthesis (for the sad face), and with the closed parenthesis (for the happy face). Today we are all familiar with the smiley emoticon and its power to brighten up our text messages, chats, and emails. Even though we don’t tend to use them, we know what they mean. And to the typical emoticons that we used to introduce as text messages on older phones, today we have the possibility of including...
    Chiquis Rivera made it known to all his followers that he had made the decision to separate from Lorenzo Mendez. The singer had assured that it was by mutual agreement to break with their relationship. “With a heavy heart … he informed them through this medium that Lorenzo and I have decided to separate,” the star published. “It was a mutual and difficult decision, but necessary.” Days after the announcement, Lorenzo has published a series of messages on Twitter that has left his followers concerned. The singer hints that the separation is affecting him more than necessary. “The devil wants to see me at the bar drunk and trying to drown my sadness“, public. “No, I will stay close to my family, daughter and above all, God“. The devil wants to see me at the bar drunk and trying to drown my sadness. Nope ????????I’m...
    At times there are no better people to embarrass you than the people who love you the most - your family.  From brothers sharing their toilet triumphs to parents 'pressuring' their children into doing drugs, there really is nothing off limits.  More than one million people follow the Instagram account @YourSh****Family, believed to be run from America, which collates the most awkward and cringey text messages. The hilarious profile features some of the most unusual interactions people have with their family members which are submitted by members of the public.   One mother left their child extremely confused when she messaged them to let them know she had found her phone after it gone missing. She found it in the most logical place of all - the fridge After visiting their place, one mother felt the need to inform their child that the urine in their toilet was...
    Social media access has made every Tom Dick and Harry too entitled to post whatever comes to their head, irrespective of its necessity. Like this American blogger who DMed Sonam and called her all sorts of things. Apart from labeling her ‘a pure product of nepotism’ and more, the blogger also called her husband Anand Ahuja the ‘Ugliest’. That could be enough to rile up anyone and you would be tempted to use choicest expletives but Sonam showed extreme resilience. She showed the blogger her rightful place without being derogatory. The reply was nothing but savage! Soon enough the blogger in question posted on her Insta story that her account was hacked. Sonam Kapoor Says She Wants to Be Jaya Bachchan When She ‘Grows Up’; Actress Shares Law Maker’s Rajya Sabha Speech Sonam writes how she is aware this is the person’s way of getting more followers for herself. The...
    LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Muralist and activist Ruben Rojas has teamed up with ABC7 to design a t-shirt for the Feed SoCal campaign.Rojas was inspired by the spirit of giving for his t-shirt design."The best thing we can do is to be in service and provide our gifts and our talents for other causes bigger than ourselves," Rojas told ABC7.Rojas is known for weaving the mission statement "live through love" into his works. The artist uses urban landscapes as backdrops to spread messages of love and acceptance, inspiring communities to take a more positive outlook on life."I'm an everyday Angeleno. I'm born and raised here and it is my city and it is one of my responsibilities to be able to support [and] help in any way I can," Rojas said.In addition to painting murals around the world, Rojas has also spoken at TED Talks and even co-founded the nonprofit...
    An Oregon woman forced a suspected arsonist to the ground at gunpoint after she allegedly noticed the suspect had matches in his hands, according to a video. The video, shared on Kat Cast’s Facebook page, shows Cast driving up to the man while someone in her vehicle is taking footage. Cast exits the vehicle holding a handgun, walks over to the unidentified man, and orders him to get on the ground. “What are you doing on my property?” Cast asks. “Did you light anything on fire?” The man then responded that he was “passing through.” “What are you doing with those matches in your hands?” she asked. “I smoke,” he replied. Later in the video, Cast revealed that the man was not carrying cigarettes and told the man that she placed a phone call to the local police. It is unclear if the police charged the man after the arrest....
    Two high school football players were suspended after carrying Thin Blue Line and Thin Red Line flags onto the field to honor first responders who died on 9/11, after being told they were forbidden to do so. Brady Williams and Jarad Bentley, students at Little Miami High School in Ohio, were suspended from the team Monday, after the pre-game incident on Friday, September 11. The two students had asked permission to display the flags before the game, and were warned not to do so. But they displayed the flags anyway.  School superintendent Gregory Power said he had concerns that some see the flags as symbols of a political point of view.  Brady Williams (left) and Jarad Bentley (right), students at Little Miami High School in Ohio, were later reinstated to the team after the pre-game incident on Friday, September 11 Williams carried the Thin Blue Line flag, while Bentley...
    REAL Housewives of Beverly Hills' Denise Richards says she'll 'absolutely' expose the REAL texts between her and her rumored lover Brandi Glanville. Brandi claimed she could prove their affair based on texts she showed other cast members on the show. 6RHOBH's Denise Richards says she'll 'absolutely' expose the REAL texts between her and her rumored lover Brandi GlanvilleCredit: Bravo 6Brandi claimed she could prove their affair based on texts she showed other cast members on the showCredit: Bravo In a promo for the reunion finale, Denise addressed the cease and desist letter she sent: "The cease and desist was to make her tell the truth." Kyle chimed in: "I think a cease and desist is like don't talk." Erika added: "It means quit it." Lisa Rinna also went on responding to what she'd want to change about this season admitting: "I would have not had Denise come on this show."...
    One of Bollywood’s most versatile actors, Ayushmann Khurrana celebrates his birthday on September 14. The actor turns 36 and it’s truly commendable how much the actor has achieved at his age. From being a popular TV personality to have hosted shows to his Bollywood debut with Vicky Donor, the actor came a long way and has given his everything each time he took something on. Recently, the actor has delivered some back to back hits such as Andhadhun, Badhaai Ho, Article 15 among others. Ayushmann Khurrana Birthday Special: From Donating Sperm IRL To Being One of B-Town’s Most Educated Actors, Here Are Some Lesser Known Facts About Bollywood’s Charming Birthday Boy. Known for his natural acting and relatable characters, Khurrana quickly became the audience’s favourite and as the actor celebrates his birthday on September 14, birthday wishes have been flowing in for the star from his fans from across the...
    A political appointee of President Trump has been interfering with COVID-19 reports by health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention because their data doesn’t match the ‘optimistic messages’ sought by the White House. In one instance, CDC Director Robert Redfield and his scientists were accused of trying to ‘hurt the president’ with their reports about COVID-19, according to POLITICO. The reported interference was learned a day after it was revealed that the same group of Trump loyalists were seeking to muzzle Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert.  Since being named spokesperson for the Department of Health and Human Services, Michael Caputo, the Republican Party operative and former Trump campaign official, and his staff have pressured CDC personnel to alter the wording of its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. Michael Caputo (left), who was named by President Trump as chief spokesperson at the...
    Naomi Osaka has kept the spotlight on police brutality during the US Open by wearing masks bearing the names of high-profile victims of gun violence. Danielle Parhizkaran-USA TODAY Sports Naomi Osaka has kept the spotlight on police brutality in the United States by wearing masks printed with the names of high-profile victims of gun violence during each round of this year's US Open. So far, she's donned masks bearing the names of Breonna Taylor, George Floyd, Elijah McClain, Trayvon Martin, and Ahmaud Arbery. After her quarterfinal victory Tuesday, Osaka watched video messages of Martin's mother and Arbery's father thanking the two-time Grand Slam champion for raising awareness about violence against Black people. Though she was smiling and composed during the broadcast, Osaka later revealed that she "cried so much" once she was off camera. "It was really emotional," Osaka said during a post-match press conference. "At first I...
    WhatsApp messages that crash recipients' phones instantly and forces them to delete and reinstall the app have reportedly been doing the rounds.  When opened, the messages, which contain a long string of unfamiliar numbers and characters, cause WhatsApp to freeze.  The issue is caused by a software bug that prevents WhatsApp from processing the combination of characters in the messages, leading to an 'infinite crash'. This has resulted in some WhatsApp users who had not recently backed up their conversations losing their entire chat histories permanently. Independent WhatsApp experts WABetaInfo were alerted of the issue by a user on Twitter and detailed the problem in a blog post.   The weird code and character combinations reportedly originated in Brazil, where it was becoming a particular problem for users.  The issue only affected devices that use iOS and Android devices were not affected, according to WhatsApp.  WhatsApp experts WABetaInfo were altered...
    The US Open line judge hit in the throat with a ball by Novak Djokovic has been subjected to vile online abuse after fans of the world No 1 discovered her Instagram account. Laura Clark, from Owensboro, Kentucky, was catapulted into the spotlight on Sunday night after Djokovic inadvertently hit her with a stray tennis ball, resulting in him being disqualified from the US Open. Laura Clark was the line judge struck by a ball from Novak Djokovic at the US Open on Sunday  Fans of Djokovic have been quick to find Clark on social media to send her death threats Clark's son died in 2008, and one of Djokovic's fans told her 'don't worry, you'll join him soon' RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Novak Djokovic is DISQUALIFIED from US Open for whacking a... After Novak Djokovic's sensational disqualification from...
    It can be difficult to give a subtle hint when you're feeling frustrated, as proven by these hilarious viral photos.  Diply rounded up a selection of photographs from around the world that show people being brutally blunt in a series of scenarios.   Among the amusing snaps was a single mother who advertised for a new partner via a sign on the back window of her car. Elsewhere, an angry customer blasted a restaurant employee for getting their order wrong by writing a message on their plate using onions.   Diply picked out a selection of hilarious scenarios where people around the world have given not so subtle hints, including a panhandler believed to be in the US who promised to use any money donated for taking revenge  That told them! A diner who requested no onion in their dish made their annoyance known by spelling out a message using...
    With the US presidential election just two months away, Facebook says it is taking further steps to encourage turnout, minimize misinformation and reduce the likelihood of post-election “social unrest.” The company said Thursday it will limit political advertising in the week before the election. It will also remove messages that convey disinformation about COVID-19 and voting. In all messages from candidates and campaigns that prematurely proclaim their victory, you will include links to the official results. “This election will not be like the others. We all have a responsibility to protect our democracy, ”Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a message Thursday. “That means helping people to register and vote, clearing up confusion about how the election will unfold, and taking steps to reduce the chances of violence and unrest.” Facebook and other social networks are under scrutiny for their handling of disinformation, as President...
    With the US presidential election just two months away, Facebook says it is taking further steps to encourage turnout, minimize misinformation and reduce the likelihood of post-election “social unrest.” The company said Thursday it will limit political advertising in the week before the election. It will also remove messages that convey disinformation about COVID-19 and voting. In all messages from candidates and campaigns that prematurely proclaim their victory, you will include links to the official results. “This election will not be like the others. We all have a responsibility to protect our democracy, ”Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said in a message Thursday. “That means helping people to register and vote, clearing up confusion about how the election will unfold, and taking steps to reduce the chances of violence and unrest.” Facebook and other social networks are under scrutiny for their handling of disinformation, as President...
    WhatsApp remains active all the time, because the true level of disconnection is reduced and because the notifications will continue to interrupt constantly. “data-reactid =” 12 “> The holidays are not complete if the WhatsApp is still active all the time, because the real Disconnection level is reduced and because notifications will keep interrupting constantly. That is why the messaging company has been working since April 2019 on a function that allows chats to be silenced and archived directly. Wabetainfo, is back in the development stage for early implementation. “data-reactid =” 14 “> This is the” vacation mode “that according to the Wabetainfo site, is again in the development stage for early implementation. What is the WhatsApp vacation mode about? This feature allows incoming messages to be archived automatically, leaving the responsibility of activating notifications to the users themselves. This is how it will work: When...
    Elvis Presley's iconic Graceland estate in Memphis, Tenn. was graffitied with messages in support of the Black Lives Matter movement and defunding the Memphis Police Department. Photos posted by local news affiliate Fox 13 on Twitter revealed messages spray-painted across the estate's outer walls. Similar graffiti also appeared overnight at the Levitt Shell, a local concert venue, according to the Daily Memphian. Crews are cleaning up after someone spray painted the walls of Graceland with messages like “Defund MPD” “Arrest Breonna Taylor’s murderers” and “BLM” and more. I’ll give you a live look on @FOX13Memphis midday. pic.twitter.com/iggrafPLb8— Shelia O'Connor FOX13 (@SheliaOConnor) September 1, 2020 Levitt Shell's executive director told the Daily Memphian that the clean up costs would only complicate financial problems brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, which has largely ended large public events across the nation. Protests in Memphis have continued for weeks along with other demonstrations in cities...
    Jacob Blake shooting and Americas anguished racial reckoning The most historic restaurant in every state Josh Gad Shared One of the Beautiful Final Texts Chadwick Boseman Sent to Him © Astrid Stawiarz - Getty Images Josh Gad took to Twitter following Chadwick Boseman's death to share screenshots of one of the last text messages the late actor sent him. On Friday night, people around the world were shocked to learn that Chadwick Boseman had passed away at the age of 43 after losing his years-long, private battle with colon cancer. Late Friday night, Josh Gad, who costarred with Boseman in 2017's Marshall, took to Twitter to share one of the last text messages his friend ever sent him. The message is beautiful and, in it, Boseman encourages Gad to "thank God for the unique beauties and wonders of the day." This weekend, people around the world have been...
    Chadwick Boseman texted his Marshall co-star Josh Gad to 'enjoy the simplicities of God's creation' only a few months ago. The Black Panther lead died this Friday at the age of 43 after privately struggling against colon cancer for four years. In response to the tragedy Josh, 39, tweeted a screen-grab of a warm text he received from Chadwick three weeks into the coronavirus lockdowns. Side by side: Chadwick Boseman texted his Marshall co-star Josh Gad to 'enjoy the simplicities of God's creation' only a few months ago; they are pictured at the 2018 NAACP Image Awards Entitled 'CATCH THE RAIN,' the lengthy message began: 'If you are in Los Angeles, you woke up this morning to the rare and peaceful sound of a steady precipitation.' He continued: 'If you're like me, maybe you looked at the week's forecast and found that it's supposed to rain for three straight days;...
    Josh Gad and Chadwick Boseman attend the premiere Of Disney and Marvel's "Black Panther" at Dolby Theatre on January 29, 2018 in Hollywood, California. Emma McIntyre/Getty Images Actor Josh Gad on Saturday shared one of the final text messages he received from Chadwick Boseman before his death. Boseman died Friday at the age of 43 following a private, four-year battle with colon cancer.  In the text, which mentioned frustration due to persistent rainy weather and the COVID-19 pandemic, Boseman encouraged Gad to "inhale and exhale this moment, and thank God for the unique wonders of this day."   "He knew how precious every moment was," Gad wrote in a tweet, adding "tonight the Heavens received one of its most powerful angels."  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. —Josh Gad (@joshgad) August 29, 2020Read more:  People are singing Chadwick Boseman's praises far and wide as the world mourns the...
    Mumbai, August 29: Chadwick Boseman died on August 29 at the age of 43, battling colon cancer. The actor was acclaimed worldwide, particularly for his lead role in Black Panther. The film’s maker, Marvel Studios, was gutted by the news and so were his Marvel co-stars. Marvel Studios posted on Instagram, “Our hearts are broken and our thoughts are with Chadwick Boseman’s family. Your legacy will live on forever. Rest In Peace.” Captain Marvel star Brie Larson also posted, “Chadwick was someone who radiated power and peace. Who stood for so much more than himself. Who took the time to really see how you were doing and gave words of encouragement when you felt unsure. I’m honored to have the memories I have. The conversations, the laughter. My heart is with you and your family. You will be missed and never forgotten. Rest in power and peace my friend.”...
    BRANDI Glanville has hit back at Denise Richards' claims that she doctored text messages between the pair. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills stars have been feuding all year after Brandi alleged she had embarked on a months-long affair with Denise. 11Brandi has denied faking the textsCredit: Bravo 11Brandi said the texts prove she was close to DeniseCredit: Bravo Denise has always denied the claims. The scandals has played out across all of season 10, and in the most recent episode Denise suggested that Brandi had faked text messages that made it appear they were closer than Denise said. Speaking on her podcast on Friday, Brandi's producer said: "It seems that all of the ladies really believe you." Brandi replied: "Well, because I'm not lying. 11Credit: Bravo 11Credit: Bravo 11Credit: Bravo 11Credit: Bravo "Because I'm telling the truth, and they've all seen my phone." "[Denise], she said that there's an...
    The third night of the Republican National Convention capped off a "bad day for the Democrats," Fox News host Laura Ingraham argued Wednesday. "Why?" asked the "Ingraham Angle" host. "Well, they saw new polls showing the race is tightening in the battleground states, which means they haven't gotten any bounce from their convention." She continued, "Over and over, Republican speakers hit themes and issues that were ignored, simply ignored altogether, last week at the DNC." PENCE ACCEPTS VP NOMINATION, WARNS VOTERS 'YOU WON'T BE SAFE IN JOE BIDEN'S AMERICA' Ingraham pointed to a montage of clips featuring speakers who covered a broad array of topics, but stood united in what she called their "positive upbeat messages." "As a Chinese activist warned about the dangers of the CCP [Chinese Communist Party], a millennial candidate for Congress talked about how the GOP is the party of economic  opportunity," Ingraham said. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP "And for the third night in a row, a line-up of eloquent African-American...
    TikTok users have been cryptically talking about August 27 over the past two months. @stfusamantha/@ashleymateoofficial/TikTok TikTok users have been counting down to August 27 for almost two months for no clear reason. The date has become a meme on the app, with people frequently posting cryptic messages about positive or negative events that may happen if people don't protect themselves. While there's no consensus as to what's going to happen on August 27, it's effectively been given meaning as a TikTok meme, with people continuing to hype it up for various reasons. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. For months now, TikTokers have been counting down to August 27. It's a mysterious trend tied to an arbitrary date. Since July, people on TikTok have been posting videos reminding others to save the date, or insinuating that viewers were "chosen" to receive the message. No one knows why...
    AMAZON customers are sharing the very flirtatious and cheeky messages they have received from the customer service team. The messages have been sent on the Amazon live chat function - and have certainly brought shoppers a smile. 8Amazon customers are sharing the flirty exchanges they have had with the customer service teamCredit: Twitter While you should expect customer service staff to be friendly, these messages get very friendly indeed. From innocent compliments to extensive chats these shoppers certainly got more than they bargained for. BoredPanda has compiled several of the unprofessional exchanges. Twitter user Roxana was the first to share her very familiar chat, with the employee at first complimenting her name. 8Roxana shared the unprofessional exchange on TwitterCredit: Twitter 8Credit: Twitter 8The employee made it clear he didn't want to stop speaking to RoxanaCredit: Twitter He later went on to tell Roxanne that the "bad news" was that after...
    WASHINGTON (AP) — A speaker who had been scheduled to address the second night of the Republican National Convention has been pulled from the lineup after directing her Twitter followers to a series of anti-Semitic, conspiratorial messages. Trump campaign spokesperson Tim Murtaugh says, “We have removed the scheduled video from the convention lineup and it will no longer run this week.” Mary Ann Mendoza had been scheduled to deliver remarks Tuesday night to highlight the president’s fight against illegal immigration. Mendoza’s son was killed in 2014 in a head-on collision by a man who was under the influence and living in the U.S. illegally. She and and other parents whose children have been killed by people in the country illegally have labeled themselves “Angel Moms” and have made frequent appearances at the White House and Trump campaign events. Mendoza had apologized for the tweet, writing that she “retweeted a very...
    AN AT&T advert actress broke down in tears after creep trolls bombarded her with messages about the size of her boobs. Milana Vayntrub, also known as "Lily" in the advert, went on Instagram Live to air her disgust at the comments she has received since filming the commercial. 3The actress plays 'Lily' in the commericalCredit: Instagram 3Milana Vayntrub expressed her disgust on Instagram LiveCredit: Instagram She said: "Let me tell you I am not consenting to any of this I do not want any of this. "The photos that have come out of me that are super cleavagey are from like a pool party I went to at college over a decade ago." Milana appeared to read one of the live comments before saying: "Reporting them all is, it's, honestly, there's like so many more of them than I have time to report." 3Social media users were making comments...
    Popular Google services, including Gmail and Drive, presented problems for users in different parts of the world this Thursday, but were restored a few hours later, the US tech giant said. “We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and continued support,” the company said. “System reliability is the top priority for Google. We are making continuous improvements to improve our systems.” Frustrated users in countries such as Australia, Japan, France and the United States complained online about the outages and the DownDetector website reported drops in Google services on every continent. “Does anyone else have a problem with @gmail in Australia?” One person tweeted. Another Twitter user in Brooklyn, New York wrote: “In almost 16 years this is the first time I can remember Gmail being completely down.” Meanwhile, the technology giant responded to those affected that it was “aware of an interruption in services.” The...
    Brandi Glanville wants her 'RHOBH' co-stars to know she's not a liar. Brandi Glanville will be seen firing back at Denise Richards‘ denials of an affair while attending Teddi Mellencamp’s baby shower on the August 19 episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. In a sneak peek at the episode, Brandi is seen sitting down with the other shower guests, including co-stars Kyle Richards, Lisa Rinna, Erika Jayne, and Dorit Kemsley, who inform her about the many discussions they had with Denise in Rome, Italy, where they were vacationing throughout the past few episodes. “Sh*t hit the fan in Rome,” Kyle begins. “Denise has said that none of this is true,” Dorit adds. While in Europe, the actress was asked not only about the bad things she was accused of saying about the women, including comments about Teddi living in her dad’s shadow and claims of Erika being an...
    Facebook rolled out an update that merges Instagram with Messenger, providing users with access to a list of features in Direct Messages. The move adds a 'new colorful look for your chats,' more emoji reactions, swipe-to-reply and the ability to chat with others who use Facebook. CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced last year that the firm would bring together the messaging infrastructure of popular apps, as well as with incorporate end-to-end encryption. The merger comes as the tech tycoon battles with government regulators who are investigating the possibility of breaking up the social giant. Scroll down for video  Facebook rolled out an update that merges Instagram with Messenger, providing users with access to a list of features in Direct Messages. The move adds a 'new colorful look for your chats,' more emoji reactions, swipe-to-reply and the ability to chat with others who use Facebook The update, first spotted by The...
    Leslie David Baker is best-known for playing the character of Stanley Hudson, Michael Scott’s favorite “sassy” and “urban” character on The Office. Last week, Baker faced racist threats on social media after starting a Kickstarter campaign for a spinoff of the hit TV series. Hide In The Office finale, Stanley Hudson’s story ends with him retiring in Florida. The proposed spinoff, titled “Uncle Stan: Coming Out of Retirement,” centers around Baker’s character coming out of his retirement to help his nephew Lucky with a flower/motorcycle shop in Los Angeles, the Root reported last month.   Hide While the Kickstarter campaign earned $336,450, surpassing the target of $300,000, racist trolls flooded Baker with repeated uses of the N-word and photos of Black people being lynched. Baker posted screenshots of the messages last week, saying they were proof that racism is still alive. Hide One Instagram user, @fuhrerjeremy, called Baker the N-word and...
    Leslie David Baker says that racism has gotten worse after exposing hateful comments he received following his decision to start a crowdfunding campaign for a spinoff to “The Office.” The star, who is best known for playing Stanley Hudson on the popular NBC sitcom, began a Kickstarter campaign to try and get a spinoff titled “Uncle Stan” off the ground. The proposed spinoff would see his character come out of retirement in Florida and move to Los Angeles to help his nephew run a motorcycle and florist business, much to the dismay of Stanley's soon-to-be-fiancee. However, after announcing the project, Baker took to Instagram to reveal some of the vile responses he received from racists who were unhappy with him soliciting “The Office” fanbase for money. After the post went viral, Baker opened up to USA Today about his experience. 'THE OFFICE' REVIVAL REPORTEDLY IN THE WORKS WITH LIMITED RETURNING CAST...
    Vivian Byerly, a rising fifth grader at Greensboro Day School, had made the message while enjoying a 'Pirate Day' with her third grade class in 2019 A North Carolina fifth grader made an unlikely pal when over one-year-old message in a bottle was found by a fisherman more than 4,000 miles away.  Vivian Byerly, a rising fifth grader at Greensboro Day School, had made the message while enjoying a 'Pirate Day' with her third grade class in 2019.  'When we finished learning about the coastal plains region of North Carolina the class voted to celebrate by having pirate day,' third grade teacher, Susan Ferguson, explained to Fox 8.  While the class did a number of activities to resemble pirates, the teacher shared that the youngsters truly enjoyed doing the messages. Some wrote theirs and sealed them with glue, while others chose to seal their messages with wax.  'With the...
    Cuomo: Health workers to supervise annual 9/11 light tribute Blazers beat Grizzlies in play-in game, will face Lakers in 1st round The Offices Leslie David Baker Says Racism Has Gotten Worse After Being Sent Hateful Messages The Office's Leslie David Baker is opening up about the racism he's experienced since pushing for a spinoff series. © Provided by People Presley Ann/FilmMagic Last month, the actor, 62, who played Stanley Hudson for all nine seasons of the hit comedy series, created a Kickstarter page in the hopes of crowdsourcing funding for a project titled Uncle Stan: Coming Out of Retirement.  As of Saturday morning, more than 1,500 donors have pledged more than $360,000 to help the spinoff come to life — but not everyone was supportive. Baker shared shocking racist messages that he's received about the project in an Instagram post on Wednesday. “For those of you who don’t believe racism...
    Leslie David Baker in "The Office." Chris Haston/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal "The Office" star Leslie David Baker received racist messages on Instagram after sharing his plans for a comedy spin-off featuring his character Stanley Hudson. "For those of you who don't believe racism is still alive in the world... here's the proof," the actor wrote in a post showing screenshots of some of the messages. The crowdfunding campaign has since raised close to $300,000, and after shooting a pilot episode Baker intends to shop the show to potential television networks and steaming platforms.  During an interview with Comic Book, Baker said that he intends to keep all the racist messages he received up on his Instagram feed for people to see. "In order to affect change, you can't just press the delete button and pretend that it didn't happen," he said. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Leslie...
    An actor on “The Office” shared some incredibly racist and hate-filled responses he received upon setting up a crowdfunding campaign for a proposed spinoff for his character. Leslie David Baker, best known for playing Stanley Hudson on the U.S. version of the immensely popular NBC sitcom, began a Kickstarter campaign to try and get a spinoff titled “Uncle Stan” off the ground. The proposed spinoff would see his character come out of retirement in Florida and move to Los Angeles to help his nephew run a motorcycle and florist business, much to the dismay of Stanley's soon-to-be-fiancee. However, after announcing the project, Baker took to Instagram to reveal some of the vile responses he received from racists that were unhappy with him soliciting “The Office” fanbase for money. JOHN KRASINSKI AND 'THE OFFICE' CAST RECREATE SHOW'S WEDDING DANCE FOR NEWLYWEDS Actor Leslie David Baker shared the racist messages he received...
    New Jerseys Atilis Gym, which reopened against COVID-19 emergency orders, loses business license Theres a Reason Why You Haven’t Been Able to Find Dr. Pepper on Grocery Store Shelves Agents of SHIELD Signs Off: Read the Casts Social Media Messages Ahead of the Series Finale © ABC After seven seasons of adventures across the Marvel Comics canon, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are saying goodbye on Wednesday -- with one last epic battle against an advanced alien race, their omnipresent, time-bending Predictor and a few trenchcoat-clad Inhumans hell-bent on destroying S.H.I.E.L.D. and bringing anarchy to a shattered Earth. It's a series finale showdown that's been a long time coming -- the culmination of seven seasons and 136 episodes, more screen time than any other Marvel team has spent together. From its premiere in 2013, S.H.I.E.L.D. has staked its claim, not just as Marvel Television's flagship show, but as a unique corner of the comic universe, with loyal fans...
    If you've ever scribbled someone's number down in a rush and then texted the wrong number you'll know just how embarrassing it can be when you have apologise to the unsuspecting recipient. BoredPanda has compiled a list of some of the most bizarre and amusing messages people have received without any explanation. One person received an image of a bunch of grapes with the accompanying message 'Consider this your f****** warning' before the sender quickly realised their error.  Another was asked by a stranger what type of cheese they had eaten for lunch because they wanted to go to the shops and buy some. Here, FEMAIL take a look at the most baffling texts shared online.  People shared their most surprising exchanges with strangers who had the wrong number, including someone who was in hospital again after 'Jake' had an accident One person was left confused as to...
    THE Office's Leslie David Baker has revealed he's been bombarded with racist abuse over his new Stanley spin-off series. The 62-year-old actor played Stanley in the hit NBC series for nine seasons and earlier this year, revealed he was raising funds to film a pilot episode for a new spin-off series about his character. 4The Office's Leslie David Baker has revealed he's been bombarded with racist abuse over his new Stanley spin-off seriesCredit: Getty Images - Getty While Leslie has been flooded with support from fans of The Office, he has revealed how he has also sadly been bombarded with racist abuse from online trolls. Taking to Instagram, Leslie posted a series of hateful messages he had received on the social media platform, including the repeated use of the N-word. Other messages featured horrific lynching photos, and Leslie said: "For those of you who don’t believe racism is...
    Indore, August 11: Dr Rahat Indori, a renowned Urdu poet and lyricist, died at a hospital in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore on Tuesday. He had tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday. Dr Vinod Bhandari from Sri Aurobindo Hospital said that Indori suffered two heart attacks on Tuesday. He also had 60 percent pneumonia. Rahat Indori Dies of Heart Attack After Testing COVID-19 Positive, Renowned Poet And Lyricist Breathes His Last at Indore’s Aurobindo Hospital. Through his couplets, Indori used to express his views on socio-political scenarios in the country. His couplets resonated among all segments of society and his followers’ included people from all demographic circles. On his sudden death, here are some shayari and messages by him. Rahat Indori Dies: Rahul Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal, Other Politicians Pay Tribute to Noted Urdu Poet & Lyricist. Shayari Reads: Ab Na Main Hun, Na Baaki Hai Zamane Mere, Fir Bhi MashHoor...