Monday, Mar 01, 2021 - 07:53:23
128 results - (0.003 seconds)

he is still:

Gov. Gavin Newsom was still collecting his full paycheck of $17,479 every month after vowing to take a ten percent cut  California Governor Gavin Newsom did not take the pay cut he promised three months ago when he cut his workers' wages by 10 percent and is still collecting $17,479 every month.  Newsom, who is already a millionaire businessman with a chain of upscale wine stores, wineries, restaurants, nightclubs, hotels and retail shops, is paid $210,000 for his work as Governor.  He is the second highest paid governor in America after New York's Andrew Cuomo, who takes home $225,000.  Newsom's office told The Sacramento Bee, which accessed details of his pay over the last three months, that it was an 'oversight' that had led to him continuing to collect a full salary.  He then wrote to the State Controller asking for his pay to be retroactively docked.  RELATED ARTICLES...
    Alexei Navalny, the fierce critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin, joked just hours before his suspected poisoning about how he managed to stay alive for so long, according to a report. Ilya Chumakov, an activist in the Siberian city of Tomsk, told Reuters that she had met with Navalny along with a group and he was asked about how he managed to live to the age of 44, since he is considered Putin’s biggest political foe. Chumakov said that Navalny joked that he had to make excuses about not being killed but then turned serious. He said his death would not help Putin and likely turn him into a hero. Kira Yarmish, Navalny’s spokeswoman, told the news agency that the Siberian hospital treating him is not allowing his transfer to a hospital better equipped to treat him. France and Germany also offered to treat Navalny and Germany even sent...
    Getty John Kasich (R) Former Ohio Governor John Kasich was invited to speak at the Democratic National Convention as the party formally names Joe Biden as the 2020 presidential nominee and Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate. But Kasich has not switched his party allegiance. Although he says he will vote for Biden, Kasich has insisted that he still considers himself a conservative Republican. Here’s what you need to know: John Kasich: ‘The Republican Party Has Always Been My Vehicle But Never My Master’ I will be speaking at the #DNC Convention because I believe that America needs to go in a different direction. I've searched my conscience and I believe the best way forward is for change – to bring unity where there has been division. And to bring about a healing in America. pic.twitter.com/sfnBGBF3kG — John Kasich (@JohnKasich) August 11, 2020 Kasich is...
    A victim of Jeffery Epstein says the Duke of York being stripped of royal duties is not enough,  because he's still living a 'privileged and wealthy life' following his friendship with the disgraced paedophile. The former model who uses the name 'KiKi' and claims she was sexually assaulted by Epstein in 2004 at the age of 19, and in February penned an open letter to Prince Andrew urging him to cooperate with the FBI's probe into the late financier.  Speaking to FEMAIL ahead of Crime + Investigation's Surviving Jeffrey Epstein, she insisted Andrew should be 'held accountable' for his friendship with the paedophile, and that it's 'ridiculous' to think being stripped of royal duties is a worthy 'punishment'.  In November last year, Andrew took early retirement from royal duties in the wake of his disastrous Newsnight interview in which he failed to express sympathy for Epstein's victims, amid allegations from Virginia Roberts Giuffre...
    CNN’s Jim Acosta must have struck a nerve with President Donald Trump. Trump angrily denied Acosta’s reporting that some members of the president’s coronavirus task force were alarmed that Trump kept trying to change the subject during Tuesday’s meeting about the deadly pandemic, and sources familiar with the White House meeting feared he still doesn’t understand the gravity of the situation. “He still doesn’t get it,” the source said. “He does not get it.” As some members of the task force tried to stress the dire nature of the situation to the president during the meeting, the source said Trump repeatedly attempted to change the subject. “He starts talking about something else,” the source said. — Jim Acosta (@Acosta) August 5, 2020 Trump angrily lashed out a short time later. “CNN has no sources on the Task Force,” Trump tweeted. “Their ‘sources’ are made up, pure...
    MIKE TYSON has insisted he is looking to knockout Roy Jones Jr next month - even though it's against the rules. The two boxing veterans - who have a combined age of 105 - are going head-to-head on September 12. 2Mike Tyson has been knuckling down in the gym ahead of his comeback Credit: Instagram / @miketyson It is an eight-round exhibition bout that will take place in California. Both of the fighters have been told not to go for a knockout win - but Tyson has other ideas. When asked if he will be hunting for a KO, Tyson told TMZ: "If the opportunity comes, I'm always looking for it." Before the tanked-up veteran added: "This is search and destroy and I'm looking forward to recapturing my glory." Commission executive director Andy Foster has told the pair to "spar hard" but to refrain from hurting each...
    A father-of-six has flown to California to see his felon girlfriend for the first time after paying $5,000 out of pocket for her $50,000 parole bond because she is deemed a 'flight risk.' Scott, 45, from Las Vegas, Nevada, met his new love Destinie online, but he has never actually seen her in person because she had gained weight and didn't want him to 'see her like that.'   In a preview clip from Friday night's episode of the We TV reality series Love After Lockup, he is getting ready to pick her up at the Glenn County Jail, but he is admittedly worried he won't be attracted to her if she doesn't look like her picture.  Scroll down for video   Excited: Scott, 45, from Las Vegas, Nevada, is getting ready to pick up his new love Destinie from jail on Friday's episode of the We TV series Love After Lockup ...
    Grigor Dimitrov Grigor Dimitrov He has confessed how it has affected him to have been infected by coronavirus in his game, coming to admit that he still not ready to play even though it’s been weeks since he tested negative. The Bulgarian tested positive when he was playing the Adria Tour, reason why it had to return to its house of Mnaco and isolate itself. Although her condition was never critical and I did not need hospitalization, the tennis player assures that the disease has taken its toll. “Clearly I’m not ready to compete at the highest level right now, “he declared after losing his match to Feliciano Lpez at the Ultimate Tennis Showdown. “The movement is improving, everything else is going in the right direction, but it’s still not easy to recover,” he said. “The coronavirus was tough on me, so I stayed home for about a...
    The villain of ‘Doctors, life line’, shared her reasons why she rejected the idea of ​​having her second child Within their plans for this 2020, Grettell Valdez She contemplated the idea of ​​becoming a mother for the second time, however, the coronavirus pandemic that plagues the entire world caused her desires to be lived down. This was narrated in an interview for the Univision program, ‘El break de las 7’. During his meeting with the beautiful actress and host, Alejandra Espinoza, the villain of ‘Médicos, linea de vida’ shared her reasons for rejecting the idea of ​​having her second child. “I think I’m going very badly, and I already went to hell with several, I said that I wanted a son this year, I think that there will no longer be a child in the situation in which we live, create a conscience, and look I’m lucky, I...
    Hope Mars mission: Watch live as UAEs first probe heads to the red planet Hamilton criticises F1 after rushed anti-racism gesture Orlando Bloom says he is "broken" over missing dog Orlando Bloom's dog, Mighty, is still missing.  © Paul Archuleta/WireImage Orlando Bloom On July 15, Bloom shared on Instagram that he had tragically lost his dog. Bloom asked fans for help finding Mighty, who he adopted in 2017 during a separation from now-fiancée Katy Perry, noting that the pup was chipped and a reward would be offered for his return. On Sunday, July 19, Bloom posted a series of photos of Mighty, who he has still not found.  "I don't recall a time in my life where I've been so broken wide open. The rawness I have felt over these past few days and sleepless nights at the idea of my little man being lost and scared, with me...
    While Donald Trump continues to slip in the polls against Joe Biden, the president still remains ahead among two demographics – male and white voters, but the presumed Democratic nominee is still ahead in almost every other demographic. Overall, if the election were held today, Biden would earn 49 per cent of the vote, which is 8 per cent more than Trump's 41 per cent, according to a Fox News poll released Sunday. 'First of all, I'm not losing, because those are fake polls,' Trump told Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace in a pre-recorded interview. 'They were fake in 2016 and now they're even more fake. The polls were much worse in 2016.'  Trump has continuously dismissed polls showing Biden winning as 'fake,' claiming they will be proven wrong just like what happened in his 2016 victory against Hillary Clinton. The president also still refuses to say if he...
    DANA WHITE says Conor McGregor is “probably” still in the United States Anti-Doping Agency testing pool as he addressed the star’s potential comeback. Notorious last fought in January as he demolished Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone in the first round at UFC 246. 2Dana White has addressed rumours of a huge clash between Conor McGregor and Jorge MasvidalCredit: Getty Images After failing to land a rematch with bitter rival Khabib Nurmagomedov or a clash with Justin Gaethje he then announced his retirement last month. Despite that, speculation has been mounting that he is set to be offered another big-money super fight against Jorge Masvidal. Gamebred was defeated by Kamaru Usman at UFC 251 last Saturday. However, his stock and popularity has rocketed with the pay-per-view receiving 1.3million buys. Now UFC President has addressed talk amongst fans of the bumper clash between Masvidal and the Irishman - but it was not good news....
    President Donald Trump brushed off a question about why more black people are dying at the hands of police, arguing 'so are white people.' Trump called the killing of George Floyd 'terrible' but bristled when CBS' Catherine Herridge asked him why black people are 'still dying at the hands of law enforcement in this country.'  'So are white people. So are white people. What a terrible question to ask. So are white people,' he responded during an interview at the White House on Tuesday. 'More people, by the way. More white people.'  Although half of the people shot and killed by police are white, The Washington Post found in July study of five years of police shootings, black Americans are shot at a disproportionate rate.  While black Americans account for less than 13 per cent of the U.S. population, they are killed by police at more than twice the rate of white...
    Bradley Cortright July 14, 2020 0 Comments Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions says he still supports President Donald Trump and his policies — even if the feeling is not mutual. During an interview on Fox News on Monday, Sessions explained why he still supports Trump and his agenda even though the president endorsed his primary opponent.  “The president’s got strong feelings about this, and he gets to express those opinions,” Sessions said, adding, “I was before those polices before he announced. I was the number one voice in the Senate for them. I believe in them. Not because of any personal gain, but because I think they’re right for America and for Alabama.” (starting at 2:13) Sessions argued that Trump “needs stronger voices in the Senate” to stand up against China and champion religious freedom and a stronger immigration stance.  “Those things I know about. I’ve fought for. I understand them. I’ll help...
    Ryan Reynolds joked about Meghan Markle's royal title. Steven Ferdman/Getty Images, ABC News/Frame Grab via Getty Images Ryan Reynolds is confused over whether Meghan Markle is still The Duchess of Sussex. The actor made an awkward joke on his comedy quiz show "Don't" after asking a contestant what Markle's official title was "before she resigned." After the multiple-choice options were given, he said: "Or E, we taped this show seven months ago." Reynolds implied Markle gave up her official title after stepping back earlier this year, and it's something many fans are actually confused over. Markle is technically still known as The Duchess of Sussex, however, she doesn't use the "Her Royal Highness" prefix. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Ryan Reynolds made an awkward joke about Meghan Markle's royal title, and it shows he's still confused over what to call her. Speaking on his comedy quiz...
    Russell Crowe is hopeful he could be in a Gladiator sequel. The 56-year-old actor reminded fans that his alter ego, Maximus, was killed off in the 2000 blockbuster but he hasn't ruled out possibilities that he could still make an appearance in the much-discussed follow-up. 'I keep being like this sort of party pooper when I say, I just wanted to remind you I died in the first one. So, I don't really know. This far away, could we play with that? We could...' he told E! News. He wants in: Russell Crowe is hopeful he could be in a Gladiator sequel. Seen in June 2019 Would he come back from the dead? The 56-year-old actor reminded fans that his alter ego, Maximus, was killed off in the 2000 blockbuster but he hasn't ruled out possibilities that he could still make an appearance in the much-discussed follow-up. Seen in...
    A British entrepreneur who has been embroiled in a bitter court battle with his ex-wife claims he has been left 'penniless' and now lives with his 76-year-old mother after having his five properties taken away.  Richard Rothschild, 45, and Charmaine de Souza had a 21-year relationship after meeting as students, marrying in 2005 and having two children, now aged 13 and 10, before later separating.  He then met US Playboy model Sherra Michelle and moved her into his luxury Miami flat. Now the businessman, from west London, is fighting his ex-wife in court after complaining that a divorce judge handed her millions and left him nothing.  Mr Rothschild and Ms de Souza ran a thriving west London telecomms business, which he claims was started by capital injected by his mother during the 1990s. The pair led a lavish lifestyle living in the UK, with Mr Rothschild driving a Lamborghini. He...
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The coronavirus has canceled organ transplants nationwide but UPMC said donations in Western Pennsylvania haven’t been disrupted at all. Waiting lists for deceased donors remain long and many “would be” recipients never live to get one. That’s why doctors tell KDKA that they want more people to know about living donors. There are only a few qualifying organs for this type of procedure, and one of them is the liver. “Roughly 95 percent come from a deceased donor and only five percent come from a living donor,” said Abhi Humar, chief of transplant at UPMC. (Photo Credit: KDKA) Dr. Humar said roughly 25 percent of people die while on the waiting list. If there’s a willing match, this option gives people a much faster shot at a second chance. This strongly benefits people like 71-year-old Al Jaworski of Westmoreland County. He and his wife, Cookie, are waiting...
    Dr Yochai Re'em (pictured), a third-year psychiatry resident at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, began experiencing a low-grade fever and leg pain on March 14 and was soon diagnosed with coronavirus A New York physician said he is still experiencing coronavirus symptoms more than than 100 days after he first caught the illness. Dr Yochai Re'em, a third-year psychiatry resident at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medicine, began feeling sick on March 14. After a few days of a low-grade fever, loss of appetite and leg pain, he was diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. Now, four months later, the doctor is still experiencing gastrointestinal symptoms like stomach pain and nausea, 'continuous discomfort' in his leg and abnormal liver function. Re'em writes in an op-ed for STAT News that he's felt hopeless and, some days, he believes he will never be rid of the signs of illness that had killed more...
    OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER has reassured Scott McTominay ‘I haven’t forgotten about you’. Nemanja Matic and fit again Paul Pogba have now established themselves in a midfield partnership with the Manchester United boss keeping the same team three league games running since the season’s restart. 1Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has assured Scott McTominay he is part of his long-term plans Credit: PA:Press Association With Matic, 31, signing a new three-year deal this week and nobody bidding for 27-year-old Pogba they are likely to be around at Old Trafford for a while yet. But Solskjaer insists that 23-year-old McTominay is still very much in his thoughts with the team still fighting on three fronts this season with the FA Cup and Europa League too. Solskjaer said: “Scott is still a young boy. “He is seven or eight years younger than Nemanja and Nemanja's been on record saying how much he can see himself...
    BACHELOR star Alex Michel did not propose to chosen one Amanda Marsh during the first season of the popular reality show - but they did begin a relationship. They broke up shortly after. 9 The first Bachelor ever - Alex Michele Here is more about the first Bachelor ever and what happened to his pick. Who is Alex Michel? Alex, 49, was the first Bachelor ever on the show The Bachelor. When he was studying at Harvard, a friend of his sent him an email about auditions to be on the show. The first official season premiered in March of 2002 with Alex as the first Bachelor ever. 9 Alex and Amanda on the first season After seven weeks of filming and getting to know the girls, he picked Amanda Marsh as his fiance. Although they did not get married, they are still friendly with each other. In an interview...
    Canadian sports anchor Dan O'Toole revealed his 5-week-old daughter, Oakland, is "safe" after he reported she was missing a few hours earlier. On Friday, he took to Twitter to provide an update about the harrowing ordeal. "My baby Oakland has been found and is said to be safe. Police informed me at 12:07am. I still have not seen Oakland or held her. To those that have decided to attack me for fearing for my daughter's safety, I don’t know what to say," he wrote. ASHLEY GRAHAM TALKS RACIAL INJUSTICE AND MOTHERHOOD "I just hope that you never have to look in the eyes of your own children, and tell them that you don’t know where their sister is, or when they will ever see her again. I am still broken. I don’t know if any of us will ever be fixed. We just want our Oakland back." He continued, "A 5...
    FORMER baseball star Bobby Bonilla gets paid every year by the New York Mets - even though he has not put on a uniform in nearly two decades. Here is more on the 57-year-old Bonilla and his odd annual payday. 7 Bobby Bonilla takes a strike during a game against the New York Yankees at Yankee StadiumCredit: Getty Images - Getty 7 Bonilla signed the richest contract - to date - when he first joined the MetsCredit: Getty Images - Getty What is Bobby Bonilla Day? Bonilla gets a check for $1,193,248.20 every July 1 as part of an arrangement he made with the Mets when he was sent packing from the team. The team agreed to make yearly payments of nearly $1.2million for 25 years starting in 2011 when they bought out the remaining $6million on his contract before the 2000 season. Bonilla last played for the Mets in...
    LOGAN Brown, the son of Kody and Janelle Brown, has been noticeably absent from TLC's Sister Wives. The eldest of the 12 Brown children, Logan appeared on the show in his early school years but has recently had limited screen time. 5 Logan Brown and Michelle PettyCredit: Twitter He proposed to longtime girlfriend Michelle Petty in 2017. Who is Logan from Sister Wives and where is he now? Logan is the first son and eldest child of the Brown children, born May 1994. He has featured on Sister Wives for many of its seasons until recently. He was the firstborn to Kody's second wife Janelle. Kody had already been married to Meri for three years at that point. 5 Kody Brown and his four wivesCredit: Instagram In earlier seasons, fans watched as Logan took on responsibility around the Brown household to take care of his younger siblings. In his college...
    Oklahoma State head football coach Mike Gundy was pictured last week wearing a T-shirt with the logo of conservative news outlet One America News Network. Even though Gundy apologized, the Left is still coming after him. People are now accusing the college football coach of using racial slurs 30 years ago – in 1989. Remember, the Left is trying to destroy him because he wore a T-shirt – a T-shirt – with the logo of a news network on it. OAN, as the network is referred to, has pushed some controversial segments (full disclosure: I have appeared on OAN numerous times). Most recently, it claimed the 75-year-old man who was pushed to the ground by Buffalo police and hit his head was an “ANTIFA provocateur.” Buffalo police said the man was trying to stir up the crowd, but there was no evidence he was a member of the violent Antifa...
    One of the three cops involved in Breonna Taylor's killing has been fired, the Lousiville Mayor announced on Friday, but the Kentucky Attorney General is still weighing whether or not to bring charges.  Brett Hankison - who had previously been accused of sexual assault on the job - has been fired.  The other two cops -  Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrave - have not been fired.  The Mayor refused to say why Hankison had been fired over the other two.  'Unfortunately, due to a provision in state law that I would very much like to see changed, both the chief and I are precluded from talking about what brought us to this moment or even the timing of this decision,' he said at a Friday press conference.   It came after the Kentucky AG said on Thursday that he was still investigating the case and that he hadn't yet decided on...
    A tree surgeon was sent flying with a live chainsaw in his hand when operating on an unstable tree while standing in the branches. Footage taken by Shane Flanagan shows the tree surgeon atop a tall tree while cutting a large branch in Boston, Massachusetts, on Sunday. The tree sways from its foundations swinging to one side sending the upper branch flying and the man falls off his perch with the chainsaw still running in his hand. A tree surgeon was sent flying with a live chainsaw in his hand when operating on an unstable tree in Boston, Massachusetts The tree sprung back when the branch came off due to tension ropes on the ground, causing the man to fall off with the running chainsaw held above his head RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next That's nuts! Moment stunned couple are joined by NINE red... Shocking moment...
    (CNN)It's been a year since Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi was sworn in for a second term after securing a crushing victory, becoming the country's first leader since the 1970s to do so with a clear parliamentary majority.During his campaign, Modi faced questions about India's mixed economic performance in the previous five years, but he won over voters with promises to shore up national security and by pushing a Hindu nationalist agenda.In the past six months, he's faced two significant challenges: nationwide protests over a controversial citizenship law, which led to violent attacks on Muslims, and the threat of thousands of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic.His handling of the latter has earned praised at home and abroad. But the biggest test is arguably to come -- reopening the country while keeping its 1.3 billion people safe.Here are five things we've learned about the Indian leader during the past year.Read MoreElement...