Thursday, Mar 04, 2021 - 12:52:13
179 results - (0.000 seconds)

gave birth:

BROWARD (CBSMiami) – Two of the highest-ranking Broward Sheriff’s Office detention administrators were fired this week after a woman gave birth while in custody. Sheriff Gregory Tony has terminated Col. Gary Palmer and Lt. Col. Angela Neely. The sheriff said the firings are directly related to an incident a month ago when an inmate at the North Broward Jail in Pompano Beach gave birth while in custody. The Sun Sentinel reports jail deputies, who are not named, ignored the woman’s calls for help until after her son was born. The sheriff said the two people fired “grossly failed the agency and the inmate.”
    BROWARD (CBSMiami) – A major shakeup in the leadership of Broward County’s jails after two of the highest-ranking detention administrators were fired. Sheriff Gregory Tony has terminated Col. Gary Palmer and Lt. Col. Angela Neely. The sheriff said the firings are directly related to an incident a month ago when an inmate at the North Broward jail in Pompano Beach gave birth while in custody. The Sun Sentinel reports jail deputies, who are not named, ignored the woman’s calls for help until after her son was born. The sheriff said the two people fired “grossly failed the agency and the inmate.”
    A NEW mum has slammed her local NHS trust for fat-shaming her with an 'insulting' weight loss leaflet just SEVEN WEEKS after she gave birth. Dawn Wilson, from South Lanarkshire, Scotland, received the 'cheeky' fact sheet titled 'top 10 tips for achieving a healthy weight after having a baby' on Friday morning. 10New mum Dawn Wilson said she was 'fat-shamed' by her local NHS seven weeks after giving birthCredit: Kennedy News and Media The 29-year-old gave birth to her first child Ava McGilvray in August and claims she has only been seen once by a health visitor. When she read through the list, she noted it advised mums to 'attend a postnatal exercise class' despite most being cancelled. The senior care assistant has now called on the NHS to 'be more forgiving' of new mums and stop shaming them for eating a 'chocolate biscuit'. NHS Lanarkshire said sending out leaflets...
    A newborn baby found abandoned outside a Queens home over the weekend was allegedly thrown out of nearby a bathroom window by his mother who had just given birth, police said.   The baby was found laying naked in the front yard of a home on 126th St. near 107th Ave. in the Ozone Park neighborhood of Queens at around 10:15am Sunday morning. The child was barely breathing and it's umbilical cord was still attached. Police sources told the NY Post that the child was also suffering from hypothermia.  First responders rushed the child to nearby Cohen Children’s Medical Center in a critical condition but officials say he’s not expected to survive. A 23-year-old woman, who police believe to be the boy’s mother, was taken into custody shortly afterwards. She remains in custody at the 106th Precinct, however she has not yet been named with charges against her still pending, an...
    Olympic gymnast Alina Kabaeva, who was rumored to have given birth to twins fathered by Russian President Vladimir Putin, has reportedly “vanished” from the public eye. As the U.K.’s Sun newspaper reported, the 37-year-old former Olympic athlete had been rumored to be in a relationship with Putin, but has not been seen publicly since 2018, during which time she was rumored to have been two months pregnant. The report noted that it was believed she gave birth in April 2019 at a clinic in Moscow, but has not been seen since then. It was not clear exactly when she may have birthed the twins, the sex of the children, or whether Putin was indeed the father. But reports of her absence have drawn international attention, and the Russian leader’s penchant for complete privacy has added to the intrigue. A source told the outlet that her disappearance from the public eye...
    Brie Bella got her tubes tied. The “Total Bellas” star, 36, underwent the procedure after giving birth to her second child, son Buddy Dessert, two months ago. “I don’t know if I told people, but I got my tubes cut out,” Bella revealed on “The Bellas Podcast” this week. “Yep, this mama ain’t having any more babies.” Bella, who gave birth via cesarean section, said her incision from the c-section is “doing a lot better” but that her healing was impacted by the tubal ligation. “I am still a little swollen on one side,” she said. “I think the swelling took a little bit longer on my right side [because] that’s kind of where they tie it up.” Bella recently told People that she was finished having kids, “especially because we were lucky enough to get a boy, so now one of each.” She and husband Daniel Bryan are...
    Like all local companies, Benchmark Theatre had to close down in March because of the coronavirus, but co-founder and producing artistic director Haley Johnson managed nonetheless to be productive. In April, with her partner Marcus Pirozzoli, she gave birth to a son, Mason. In so many ways, this changed everything. Still, Johnson and Rachel Rogers, Benchmark co-founder and executive artistic director, were able to absorb the shock of closure, figure out how to make sure the company survives and plan for the future. Benchmark’s 2020 season will begin this fall with what the directors term “bite-size programming” that still cleaves with this year’s original theme: Hopes and Fears. Benchmark is a relatively new company that took up residence in the Lakewood venue once occupied by Rick and Patty Yaconis’s Edge Theater. Over the past two years Johnson and Rogers have created some memorable productions, from A Kid Like Jake, about...
    MINDY Kaling has revealed what fans can expect from Legally Blonde 3 amid her surprise baby news. The actress said the movie - which will likely be released in 2022 - will take a look at Elle's life in her forties. 10The third instalment will focus on Elle in her fortiesCredit: Kobal Collection - Shutterstock She told Good Morning America: "I'd been working with [Reese Witherspoon] on a couple movies and we've been friends for a while. "And I have always quoted the movies to her. I was that annoying friend that would be like, 'Bend and snap!' to her. And [Reese] asked me, 'You know, I'd really love to revisit this character.'" Mindy admitted she was "nervous" to be working on the screenplay for the sequel. She explained: "I was nervous because the movie is so iconic. 10Mindy is working on the screenplay for Legally Blonde 3Credit: Getty...
    Test rugby returns with Australia, New Zealand grudge match Inside the magic of Lakers’ Black Mamba jerseys designed by Kobe Bryant Mindy Kaling Reveals She Gave Birth to Baby No. 2 Mindy Kaling's latest project: She's a mom times two! Mindy Kaling Reveals She Gave Birth to Baby No. 2 E! See more videos SHARE SHARE TWEET SHARE EMAIL What to watch next Kane Brown and Sarah Hyland Set to Host 2020 CMT Music Awards E! Katharine McPhee Is Pregnant, Expecting First Baby With David Foster E! Katharine McPhee Is Pregnant, Expecting First Baby With David Foster E! Dr. Suzanne Quardts Husband Wants Mario Lopezs Hair in All-New Dr. 90210 Sneak Peek E! Why Maya Rudolph Says Her Saturday Night Live Return Was "Strange" Yet "Comforting" E! Boston Bond: The Truth About Matt Damon and Ben...
    MINDY Kaling revealed that she secretly gave birth to a second child named Spencer. The father of her new baby remains a mystery. 1Mindy revealed that she gave birth to a second child The 41-year-old shared the news while appearing on The Late Show on Thursday. Before she announced the news, Stephen Colbert said:  "I got something I rarely get these days, which is good news, so if you wouldn't mind sharing with our audience I think they'd be thrilled to find out something extraordinary that nobody knows up until this moment." The Office star continued: "Yes, I'm telling it for the first time now. It feels so strange. "I gave birth to a baby boy on September 3." Adding that the pregnancy was a secret, she continued: "This is news to a lot of people. It's true!" The proud mom added: "His name is Spencer. I forgot the most...
    KATY Perry returned to the set of American Idol just six weeks after giving birth to her daughter Daisy. The singer will be socially distancing from her fellow judges as the coronavirus pandemic continues. 9Katy Perry was glowing as she returned to the set of American IdolCredit: Getty Images - Getty 9The show started production this weekCredit: Getty Images - Getty Katy, 35, was glowing as she returned to the set of American Idol with a cow-print jumpsuit, matching hat, and gloves, while standing by her judges' table. The singer – who has been very vocal about her life as a mom these days – also wore matching pumps with the outfit, making her stand out from Lionel Richie, Ryan Seacrest, and Luke Bryan. The talent show, which kicked off production on Monday, will accommodate to social distancing guidelines. 9The judges will be sitting at different tables...
    ORLANDO Bloom said his daughter Daisy is a "mini me" and called himself a "baby whisperer" weeks after his fiancee Katy Perry gave birth. The two have had baby Daisy at home for a month. Orlando, 43, went on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on Wednesday and gushed over his newborn daughter. 7Orlando Bloom revealed Daisy looks like him and his mom, but has Katy Perry's eyesCredit: Getty Images 7Orlando called himself the bay whisperer as he revealed that he chants to DaisyCredit: Ellentube "We have a mini-me, mini my mum, and a mini Katy, of course," the Pirates of the Caribbean actor laughed as the disgraced daytime host congratulated him on his newborn. When Ellen DeGeneres told him that when Katy sent her a picture of their baby, she noticed that Daisy looks like Orlando but that her eyes at Katy's. "Yes, the eyes do look...
    Six US states report record hospitalizations Restaurants and bars owned by celebrities Most Americans don't know these lucrative Social Security "secrets" Ad Microsoft Incredible Blanket Puts Humans In A Deep Sleep, Melting Stress Away Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/10 SLIDES © Courtesy of Jessica Nickerson/Instagram From Big Brother to babies on board! These former reality stars started families after leaving the CBS show. Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson announced in September 2018 that they were expecting their first child together. (The Marine welcomed his daughter Paisley in a previous relationship.) “WE’RE PREGNANT! And I’m over the moon!” the season 19 alums captioned their Instagram reveal at the time. “I’m so excited to bring our first child into this life we have created together! …...
    IGGY Azalea unveiled a dramatic new look on Thursday. The 30-year-old rapper - who secretly became a mom earlier this year - shaved her head to leave a bright red buzzcut. 12 Iggy Azalea revealed a dramatic new look on Thursday The pretty Australian, who usually has long blonde hair, looked stunning with her striking new style, which she shared to Instagram live. She captioned: "Just shaving my wig wbu?" It's the latest in a string on big surprises from the star this year. She revealed back in June that she has a son and had been hiding the news from her fans. 12 The 30-year-old rapper - who secretly became a mom earlier this year - shaved her head to leave a bright red buzzcut 12 The pretty Australian, who usually has long blonde hair, looked stunning with her striking new style, which she shared to Instagram live 12 She...
    A MUM-OF-SEVEN who gave birth just nine weeks ago has been given months to live. Samantha King was struggling with what she thought was chest infection and was prescribed antibiotics by her GP. 5Samantha King gave birth the daughter Lilah just nine weeks ago Credit: Facebook kyra Louise Limbrick 5The family are raising money so they won't be forced out of their home. Pictured left to right, partner Craig , Lexi, two, Lilah, nine weeks, Libby 10, Logan, five and Lacey, 9Credit: Facebook kyra Louise Limbrick When they didn’t work she was given scans which determined she had cancer, just two weeks after giving birth to her little girl Lilah. The former nurse from Tredworth, Gloucester is now having radiotherapy and immunotherapy. Cancer has been found in her lungs, breast and bones. It has invaded her chest cavity and she now has a tumour on her spine - doctors also...
    Fact check: No, Wisconsin votes don’t have to be counted by 8 p.m. on Nov. 3 MLB playoffs live updates: Marlins rally to beat Cubs, Astros sweep Twins Donald Glover Reveals Girlfriend Michelle Gave Birth to Third Baby Donald Glover's family is feeling even more love. © Provided by E! Christopher Polk/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images via Getty Images The actor and his longtime love Michelle welcomed their third baby, a son also named Donald, together during the coronavirus pandemic. He revealed the exciting news in a GQ discussion with I May Destroy You's Michaela Coel, telling the writer and actor, "You know, I had [a kid] during the coronavirus." He added that the little one's birth came amid the protests over George Floyd's death. The "This Is America" singer recalled, "Yeah, it was nuts. I was in the hospital bed. My son had just been born, like,...
    Amanda Seyfried and husband Thomas Sadoski’s family just got a little bigger. Seyfried, 34, secretly gave birth to her second child, a baby boy, with Sadoski. The couple announced the news in a statement to INARA and War Child USA with the first photo of their son. “Since the birth of our daughter 3 years ago our commitment to the innocent children that are so brutally affected by conflict and war has been a driving force in our lives,” the couple said in their statement. “With the birth of our son the work of INARA and War Child has become our North Star.” They didn’t reveal their son’s name. War Child is a UK organization that helps children in war-affected communities and INARA provides medical care for children in conflict areas. The “Mean Girls” star and Sadoski, 44, also share daughter Nina. The couple tied the knot in March...
    STUNNED Hayley Sexton gave birth to a son — after twice being told following scans that she was having a daughter. Hayley, 33, had painted her nursery pink, filled it with girly gear, chosen the name Isabella and written it on the room’s walls. 5Hayley Sexton was stunned to give birth to a son — after twice being told following scans that she was having a daughter 5Hayley named her son Alfie, having previously picked out the name Isabella and written it on the room’s walls Friends threw her a pink-themed baby shower with gifts including an ornament engraved with Isabella. But Hayley was in for a surprise when she gave birth after a 33-hour labour at hospital in Stockton-on-Tees, Co Durham, just over a week ago. She said: “When the midwife said, ‘He’s here’ I was like, ‘What do you mean He?’ "At two scans I’d been told...
    Amanda Seyfried and husband Thomas Sadoski’s family just got a little bigger. Seyfried, 34, secretly gave birth to her second child, a baby boy, with Sadoski. The couple announced the news in a statement to INARA and War Child USA with the first photo of their son. “Since the birth of our daughter 3 years ago our commitment to the innocent children that are so brutally affected by conflict and war has been a driving force in our lives,” the couple said in their statement. “With the birth of our son the work of INARA and War Child has become our North Star.” They didn’t reveal their son’s name. War Child is a UK organization that helps children in war-affected communities and INARA provides medical care for children in conflict areas. The “Mean Girls” star and Sadoski, 44, also share daughter Nina. The couple tied the knot in March 2017...
    Sources tell Page Six that supermodel Gigi Hadid gave birth to her baby girl on her farm in rural Pennsylvania. The insiders also told us that the birth date was Sept. 19. Hadid and the baby’s dad, pop star Zayn Malik, had been isolating on the farm since May, and were more recently reportedly splitting their time between Pennsylvania and Manhattan. Hadid’s mom, Yolanda, has a farm nearby. Reps for Hadid did not comment, and sources familiar with the couple told us that they’re keeping all the details hush-hush until they’re ready to share them. Page Six previously reported that Malik, the former One Direction heartthrob, bought the farm next to Yolanda’s, where he grows tomatoes, cucumbers and cherries, and likes to ride around on his ATV. The couple also reportedly have a horse, called Cool, while Yolanda has cattle, sheep and chickens over at her spread. Hadid and...
    ALASKAN Bush People star Bear Brown has shared the first picture of him finally holding his baby son River six months after his ex Raiven Adams gave birth. The 32-year-old finally met his son River after six months of estrangement. 11Bear Brown share his very first pic with his baby son River six months after his ex Raiven gave birthCredit: Instagram 11 He kept fans posted on the incredible meeting on Instagram, as he called holding his son for the first time "so awesome." In the snap Bear holds River's little hand as the adorable kid laughs, while Raiven flashes a huge smile. Bear captioned the photo: "There is no feeling in the word like holding your very own !!! "It was so awesome to finally get to see and hold this beautiful little baby! River is perfect! It was great to see Raiven too!" 11Bear said it was an...
    PLANO, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Kelley and Aaron McKissack are overjoyed by the birth of their baby girl, Zoey. “I gave birth to little Miss Zoey, which is our second child, but my first to carry in my belly,” said new mom, Kelley. Kelley McKissack and baby, Zoey (credit: Medical City Plano) Zoey is really the family’s second “miracle baby.” “Our first daughter was born via surrogate, which was my mom,“ Kelley said. After Kelley suffered three miscarriages, in 2016 her mom stepped in to be her surrogate. She carried and delivered her own granddaughter. “We thought that was the only little baby we were going to get,” Kelley said, but she was wrong. About nine months ago Kelley found out she was pregnant. Her doctors at Medical City Plano did a laboratory workup and found a blood clotting disorder. Kelley needed to have blood thinning shots on a daily basis....
    EgyptAir recently got a brand-new passenger – for life. Last week, an EgyptAir flight was traveling from Cairo to London when passenger Hiyam Nasr Naji Daaban, 38, went into labor. The flight made an emergency landing in Munich, but before it landed, Daaban had already given birth to a baby girl, according to tweets from EgyptAir. The next day, the airline announced the newborn would be given free airline tickets for life, at least to Munich. NEW HAMPSHIRE MOM SAYS SHE WAS KICKED OFF FLIGHT AFTER HER 2-YEAR-OLD REFUSED MASK: REPORT In a Facebook post, the airline congratulated Daaban on her newborn and made several thanks, including to Dr. Moataz Fathi “for his efforts to keep the mother and baby safe,” and to the crew and passengers for how they handled the situation. PARENTS OF WATER-SKIING BABY FACE CRITICISM AFTER VIDEO GOES VIRAL According to a translation of the airline’s tweets, which were...
    JUDE Law has finally confirmed he's become a dad for the sixth time after his wife Phillippa Coan gave birth in lockdown. The actor, 47, and his wife, 33, have welcomed their first child together after getting married in May last year. 9Jude Law and Phillipa Coan have welcomed their first child together The Holiday star revealed the happy news during an interview with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show yesterday. When asked what he's been up amid quarantine, Jude said: "I've been gardening. Oh! And on top of that I had a baby. So there you go." Jimmy said: "Buried the lede, buried the lede on that one. Congrats, dad! That's awesome." The actor said "it's really wonderful" and shared that he and his wife felt "blessed that they could just nest as a family." 9Jude confirmed the news when he appeared on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight ShowCredit: NBC The star...
    The French First Lady Brigitte Macron has revealed how she felt 'helpless and scared' after the birth of her first child in a rare new interview.  Emmanuel Macron's wife, 67, had three children with her first husband André-Louis Auzière after their wedding in 1974 and today she has seven grandchildren.  Speaking to the French magazine Elle, Brigitte, who had her first child aged 21, admitted she felt 'helpless' when she left the maternity ward after giving birth. She said she dreaded being responsible for this child, revealing: 'I was scared not to know [what to do], I was scared something would happen to him. He spent the three first weeks screaming night and day.' Brigitte Macron, the French First Lady and wife of Emmanuel Macron, opened up about her struggles as a first-time-mother in 1975 when she gave birth to her first child Sébastien, aged 21 (pictured in February...
    AN anonymous lawyer has claimed that Donald Trump groped her breast "two months after Melania gave birth to his son Barron." On Thursday, the bombshell interview was published in The Atlantic with just eight weeks until the US presidential election. 10An anonymous lawyer claimed Trump 'grabbed her boob'Credit: AP:Associated Press 10Melania had given birth to Barron two months before the alleged incident, according to E. Jean CarrollCredit: AFP or licensors The unnamed woman told E Jean Carroll – who claimed Trump tried to rape her in the mid-90s – that the incident happened in 2006 on her last day of law school in Santa Monica. The lawyer described how the president inappropriately touched her after she had just pulled up to the hotel in her new BMW. Carroll noted that this alleged incident occurred about five months after Trump allegedly forcibly kissed Natasha Stoynoff at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida...
    Lauren Wellbank When Lauren Wellbank found out she was pregnant after a recent miscarriage, she was elated. But when the pandemic hit, Wellbank was terrified for herself, her family, and unborn baby.  After her son was born in April, Wellbank was suddenly juggling homeschooling, caring for her newborn, and protecting her family from the coronavirus. Had Wellbank known how trying it would be, she said she wouldn't have had another baby. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. When my third pregnancy ended in an Aldi bathroom last year, I was devastated. At 37, I was already worried that I was too old to have another baby. Two months later, when I found out I was expecting again, I hoped my baby would be my miracle — the balm to heal my broken heart.  Throughout the fall, as I checked off each passing week on the calendar in...
    AS we're sure all mums will agree, the weeks and months after giving birth go by in a blur - and it can take even longer until your body feels like it's YOURS again. One person who knows a little something about this is mum-of-three Samantha McSwain - who has shared a series of powerful images of her postpartum body. View this post on Instagram It’s been a little over month since I gave birth and I wanted to give you guys an update on my belly. It’s not all the way down yet, but I’m still continuing to do my Transverse Abdominis exercises which has helped a lot after I gave birth. It’s all about strengthening the inner core muscles???????? . . #postpartum #postpartumbelly #onemonthpostpartum #afterbabybody #postbabybody #postbaby #postpartumjourney A post shared by Samantha (@lovvesammay) on Mar 24, 2020 at 2:51pm PDT Earlier this year, Samantha, from Hawaii,...
    Entertainment : The Tanti family has just welcomed a new member to their clan. After giving birth to Tiago, it is little Angélina that Manon Marsault has just given birth. Pink notebook in the great and beautiful family of Marseillais. If Manon Marsault found herself embroiled in the clash between Jessica Thivenin and Carla Moreau, she is now far from all these concerns. Indeed, the young woman has just give birth to her daughter Angélina! It is this September 2, 2020 that the little one decided to point the tip of her nose, thus making her parents happy. A healthy little girl It is on social networks that the happy parents announced the news. The one who managed to ensure that this moment is filmed to keep an unforgettable memory, shared her joy on Instagram. She also revealed that the little girl weighs...
    POP superstar Ed Sheeran today announced the birth of his daughter — believed to have been conceived at the South Pole. Ed and wife Cherry said they were “completely in love” with the newborn, named Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran (L.A.S.S).  8Ed Sheeran poses on a boat in Antarctica wearing a Sir David Attenborough-themed festive jumper last Christmas 8Ed posted a picture of baby socks to announce the news 8The singer's statement on the birth of his daughter Credit: Instagram The pair enjoyed a magical trip to Antarctica last year — and welcomed their newborn daughter nine months later. The chart superstar, 29, revealed today that Cherry, 28, gave birth last week. A source said the couple, who married in secret last year, wanted one of the middle names to be after the place of their conception. They went on: “They view Antarctica as a very special place and also felt...
    View this post on Instagram A post shared by Ed Sheeran (@teddysphotos) on Sep 1, 2020 at 1:01am PDT Ed Sheeran is now singing lullabies. On Tuesday, the 29-year-old singer announced wife Cherry Seaborn had given birth to the couple’s first child, daughter Lyra Antarctica, last week. Ed Sheeran and Cherry SeabornGetty Images “Ello! A quick message from me as I have some personal news that I wanted to share with you… Last week, with the help of an amazing delivery team, Cherry gave birth to our beautiful and healthy daughter – Lyra Antarctica Seaborn Sheeran,” the proud dad posted to Instagram, sharing a photo of baby socks in navy and gray. “We are completely in love with her,” Sheeran continued. “Both mum and baby are doing amazing and we are on cloud nine over here. We hope that you can respect our privacy at this time. Lots of...
    Shanghai office workers rescued a stray pregnant cat and gave her refuge inside a meeting room in their building, where she then gave birth to eight kittens.  Employees of design consultancy Holmes & Marchant opted to take in the cat after she was seen meowing at people who walked past their building. The feline then gave birth to eight kittens a few days later and the heartwarming tale was documented on Bored Panda by one of the employees, Angela Sy.  Photos show the cat both before and after she gave birth, while other shots show the kittens after being born and as they got bigger. Shanghai office workers rescued a stray pregnant cat and gave her refuge inside a meeting room in their building, where she then gave birth to eight kittens The employees of design consultancy Holmes & Marchant opted to take in the cat after it...
    Anti-mask activist arrested 2nd straight day for violating statehouse ban What is the plan? NYC restaurant owners plead for clarity on when indoor dining can resume Katy Perry Just Gave Birth to Her First Child, a Daughter Named Daisy Dove Bloom Katy Perry’s Top 10 Red Carpet Looks Harpers Bazaar See more videos SHARE SHARE TWEET SHARE EMAIL What to watch next Nearly 30% of office workers will take less time off this summer Veuer How to pop a pimple yourself, according to Dr. Pimple Poppers tips INSIDER How to explain a coronavirus-related layoff on your resume Buzz60 Run out of things to do? Try one of these very specific hobbies. The Washington Post Singles now displaying COVID antibody test results in dating apps! Buzz60 Ways to ask a stranger for help landing a job Veuer ...
    A mom named her son Sky after his one-of-a-kind birth experience. Mixmotive/Getty Images/Chrystal Hicks Chrystal Hicks named her son Sky Airon after giving birth to him mid-flight. Hicks lives in Glennallen, Alaska, where the hospital doesn't have a neonatal unit — so she was medically evacuated via plane to a hospital in the city of Anchorage.  Hicks' water broke 20 minutes into the flight, and she later chose her son's name based on the unexpected but special experience. "We were 18,000 feet in the air when he decided to come out," Hicks told Insider. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Chrystal Hicks has a one-of-a-kind story to someday tell her son, who was born at 18,000 feet in the air. On the morning of August 4, Hicks, who was 35 weeks pregnant at the time, unexpectedly experienced contractions. That night, she knew that she needed to go...
    JOY-ANNA Duggar showed off her big baby bump as she passes her due date. Fans had previously believed she had given birth after a prolonged absence from social media. 6Joy-Anna Duggar announced she's already overdueCredit: Instagram 6She is expecting a daughter any day nowCredit: Instagram Joy-Anna, 22, took to Instagram on Wednesday to show off her pregnant belly while carrying her two-year-old son, Gideon, on it. She seemingly confirmed she was way over her due date as she shared: "Happy Due Date, Baby! We are just here impatiently awaiting your arrival! "Meanwhile, your brother thinks my bump makes the perfect chair! #40weeks!" 6Fans believed she had already given birth after a three-day absenceCredit: Instagram A week ago, fans believed she welcomed her baby girl before her August 19 due date due to a three-day absence from social media. One follower said: “Joy’s not posted maybe she’s had the baby!”...
    Teddi Mellencamp is getting candid about her body. The “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star posed in a high-waisted bikini and showed off her stretch marks and loose skin in a video posted to Instagram on Sunday just five months after giving birth to her third child. “It’s easy to lose ourselves in comparison- how we perceive our bodies vs others,” Mellencamp, 39, captioned the post. “We too often default to self-criticism and forget about the effort we’ve put in to get to here. It’s taken years of work for me to feel comfy enough to head to a beach day and only think about the good times I’ll be having with the kiddos, rather than things not fully in my control.” She continued, “And even so, I can snap a pic feeling confident in my bikini but the reality is the stretch marks and loose skin are there.” But...
    TEEN Mom 2 star Kailyn Lowry revealed she used honey to ease the pain after giving birth to her 8lb 15oz son Creed at home.  Kailyn, 28, welcomed her son Creed on July 30 with her on-again, off-again boyfriend Chris Lopez by her side.  9Kailyn Lowry gave birth to her son Creed on July 30Credit: Instagram 9She is also mom to sons Isaac, 10, Lincoln, 6, and Lux, 3Credit: Instagram On her Coffee Convos podcast with co-host Lindsie Chrisley, the Teen Mom 2 star revealed more details from her “painful” birth.  In quotes obtained by The Ashley’s Reality Roundup, Kail said: "I went into labor around 5:30 in the morning. I woke up, literally my eyes opened all the way up and I was like, ‘Oh my God, I’m in pain!’” Kail almost ditched her home birth plans seven hours in because of the pain.  9Kail revealed she almost...
    A Russian schoolgirl, 13, who claimed that the father of her unborn child was a 10-year-old boy has now given birth to a daughter. Darya Sudnishnikova became famous after claiming that she was impregnated by her prepubescent boyfriend Ivan.  However, she later revealed that she had been horrifically raped in her hometown Zheleznogorsk by a boy aged 16.  Now, Darya has told her 350,000-plus followers that she went through a 'tough' delivery as she gave birth gave at a clinic in Krasnoyarsk, Siberia. She has not yet shared a picture of the child - who weighed in at 8lbs and measured 21 inches - after she was ordered by doctors to rest. Darya Sudnishnikova became famous after claiming that she was impregnated by her prepubescent boyfriend Ivan, 10 She posted: 'That's it, I gave birth to a girl at 10 am. It was tough, I'll tell you everything later, I'm...
    TEEN Mom 2 star Kailyn Lowry revealed more details and photos from her “hard” and “scary” home birth with her fourth son Creed.  Kailyn, 28, gave birth to her second child with ex Chris Lopez to join their son Lux, 3, her son Lincoln, 6, with ex-husband Javi Marroquin and her oldest Isaac, 10, with ex-boyfriend Jo Rivera, on July 30. 11Kailyn Lowry gave birth to her son Creed on July 30Credit: Instagram 11Kail revealed more details and photos from her home birth during an Instagram Q&A On her Instagram Story, the MTV star shared additional details from her home birth.  Kailyn revealed she was in labor with Creed for “9 hours,” as she accompanied the response with a photo of her son breast feeding.  When a fan asked for tips on a natural labor, she responded: “I honestly believe I was able to cope with the pain because I...
    Actress Jodie Turner-Smith, who is married to actor Joshua Jackson, recently admitted that she gave birth at home because U.S. hospitals are awash in “systemic racism.” “We had already decided on a home birth because of concerns about negative birth outcomes for black women in America,” the actress told British Vogue for its upcoming issue. It is of note that this decision was made long before the COVID-19 crisis erupted around the globe. And Turner-Smith went on to add that the “negative birth outcomes” to which she was referring are caused by “systemic racism.” “According to the [CDC], the risk of pregnancy-related deaths is more than three times greater for black women than for white women, pointing, it seems to me, to systemic racism,” the Queen & Slim star insisted. Turner-Smith added that her home birth plans worked out in terms of timing, as the coronavirus came with new restrictions...
    Chilis host attacked for refusing to seat a large group 6 national restaurant chains in deepest trouble amid COVID-19 include Outback Steakhouse, IHOP and Dennys Ciara Drops "Rooted" Music Video Shot 2 Days Before She Gave Birth to Baby Win: Watch Ciara has a message for all "Black queens and kings." Ciara Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 E! See more videos SHARE SHARE TWEET SHARE EMAIL What to watch next Ciara Says She Was Still Working on Music While in Labor (Exclusive) ETonline Franchesca Ramsey Talks About How MTVs Decoded Is Tackling Race, Racism and Pop Culture People Demi Lovato Teases New D7 Track | Billboard News Billboard Luke Bryan Says the Lady Antebellum Name Change Is a Mess US Weekly Viola Davis Hilarious Reaction to Cardi Bs "WAP" E! Online Maroon 5 "Nobodys Love" - Late...
    Jodie Turner-Smith and Joshua Jackson decided on welcoming their baby girl at home well before the coronavirus pandemic hit for a specific reason. “We had already decided on a home birth because of concerns about negative birth outcomes for black women in America,” the “Queen & Slim” star, 33, said in British Vogue’s September 2020 issue. “According to the [CDC], the risk of pregnancy-related deaths is more than three times greater for black women than for white women, pointing, it seems to me, to systemic racism.” Not only were the couple able to avoid the risks of entering the hospital amid the pandemic, the former “Dawson’s Creek” star, 42, and his wife were also able to be with each other while she was in labor — a process that took four days. “We never imagined that in the coming weeks, hospitals around the country would begin restricting who could...
    Jodie Turner-Smith and Joshua Jackson decided on welcoming their baby girl at home well before the coronavirus pandemic hit for a specific reason. “We had already decided on a home birth because of concerns about negative birth outcomes for black women in America,” the “Queen & Slim” star, 33, said in British Vogue’s September 2020 issue. “According to the [CDC], the risk of pregnancy-related deaths is more than three times greater for black women than for white women, pointing, it seems to me, to systemic racism.” Not only were the couple able to avoid the risks of entering the hospital amid the pandemic, the former “Dawson’s Creek” star, 42, and his wife were also able to be with each other while she was in labor — a process that took four days. “We never imagined that in the coming weeks, hospitals around the country would begin restricting who could be...
    LIMA, Peru (AP) — Before she gave birth in Peru’s largest maternity hospital, María Alvarez closed her eyes and made one request through her face mask. “Where’s my husband?″ she said. “I want my husband to come.″ But the baby’s father, Marco Martínez, had died a month before from the novel coronavirus. María, who had an asymptomatic case of the virus, was giving birth to her first child, a daughter, at 24 in a special ward for mothers with COVID-19. Peru’s National Perinatal and Maternal Institute has dedicated about half its facilities to care for infected pregnant women. Between April and the start of August, more than 2,000 infected patients gave birth there, with 120 newborns testing positive. One in four people in Peru’s capital of 10 million people could be infected with the coronavirus, according to a study published by health authorities in July, with more than 483,000 confirmed...
    California Attorney General Xavier Becerra on Friday sought to end the prosecution of a woman charged with murder after delivering a stillborn child with “toxic levels of methamphetamine” in its system. Chelsea Cheyenne Becker, 26, of Hanford, Calif., delivered a stillborn child at the hospital on Sept. 10, 2019. After medical professionals and family members told police Becker may have used drugs while pregnant, the Kings County Coroner's Office conducted an autopsy and ruled the death a homicide due to “toxic levels of methamphetamine” in the baby's system. She was arrested in November 2019 on murder charges and has remained jailed on a $5 million bond for the past 10 months awaiting trial. A superior court denied Becker’s motion to dismiss the charges on June 4. CALIFORNIA MOM OF 3 ARRESTED AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO STILLBORN WITH 'TOXIC LEVELS OF METH' IN SYSTEM In an amicus brief filed on Friday, Becerra...
    (CNN)California Attorney General Xavier Becerra filed an amicus brief on Friday in support of ending the prosecution against a woman who was arrested and charged with murder after delivering a stillborn baby with toxic levels of methamphetamine in its system.Chelsea Cheyenne Becker, 26, delivered a stillborn child on September 10, 2019, that medical professionals believed may have been exposed to drugs while she was pregnant. The death was ruled a homicide after an autopsy by the Kings County Coroner's Office found methamphetamine in the baby's system, police said.Becker has been in jail since November of 2019 and is currently awaiting trial. Her bail is set at $5 million. The superior court denied Becker's motion to dismiss the charges in June."Our laws in California do not convict women who suffer the loss of their pregnancy, and in our filing today we are making clear that this law has been misused to...
    A mother has shared incredible photos of her 'miracle' baby girl who weighed just 1 pound, 2 ounces when she was born four months before her November 16 due date. Lura Lauer, 28, and her fiancé Ricky Garcia, 39, from Charlotte, North Carolina, welcomed twins Lyric Elaine and Cali Rose on July 15 after she went into premature labor 22 weeks and two days into her pregnancy.  Speaking with  The Sun, the mom said the micro-preemies were both given a 10 per cent survival rate. Cali tragically died two days after she was born, but their surviving daughter Lyric has been defying the odds and is now three weeks old.  Miracle baby: Lyric Elaine Garcia weighed 1 pound, 2 ounces when she was born at 22 weeks and two days, four months before her November 16 due date  'Every challenge she’s faced thus far, she’s been kicking a**,' Lauer said of...
    A brave woman gave birth to a baby boy at a hospital in Beirut as the city’s devastating explosion shattered windows and cut off power just after she was wheeled into the delivery room, pulse-pounding footage shows. In the video, Emmanuelle Khnaisser is shown going into labor Tuesday before the powerful blast shakes the room and knocks her husband, Edmound, to the ground while he films. “My son George was born under a catastrophic blast, I did not believe we came out alive,” Edmound told Reuters. But doctors and nurses — who worked in torchlight during the disaster — eventually delivered a healthy bundle of joy, he said. The proud papa praised quick-thinking health care workers, writing a message on his son’s behalf on social media that read, “Thank you for bringing me safely into this world. I hope I can pay you back some day.” The name of the...
    MEGHAN Markle broke royal tradition when having Archie by choosing somewhere more 'discreet' to give birth. The royal mums - including Kate Middleton - had been giving birth in the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital London before stepping out for a photo on the hospital steps. 3Meghan broke royal tradition and gave birth to Archie somewhere elseCredit: AP:Associated Press According to the new royal biography Finding Freedom, "Meghan never considered giving birth at St. Mary's Hospital in London, where Kate delivered all three of her children." And instead, authors of the book, Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durrand, revealed the Duchess of Sussex wanted to deliver somewhere "more discreet," and choose London's Portland Hospital. The late Princess Diana started the tradition by having both William and Harry in the Lindo wing, and before that royals - including the Queen - often gave birth at home. The Duchess of Cambridge,...
    Retired professional wrestling twins and reality TV starlets, Nikki and Brie Bella, defied the odds and gave birth to baby boys less than day apart. Nikki, 36, welcomed her first child on Friday while her sister, Brie, welcomed her second child on Saturday. In true Bella Twins form, the pair announced their births together on Aug. 2. “7/31/2020,” Nikki wrote to her 9.5 million Instagram followers. “Our baby boy is here and we couldn’t be HAPPIER and more in LOVE! Everyone is safe and healthy.” NIKKI AND BRIE BELLA'S DAD REVEALS DAUGHTERS' DUE DATES, SAYS HE'S 'ESPECIALLY EXCITED FOR NICOLE' Likewise, Brie wrote, “It’s a BOY,” to her 7.8 million followers. “8-1-2020 We are overwhelmed with joy and everyone is healthy!!!” Names have not been disclosed as of yet, but Nikki – who is 16 minutes older than Brie – commented on the pair’s remarkable deliveries on their joint Twitter account....
    Lebanons pandemic fighter restores some faith in public sector Marlins Claim Brian Moran, Sign Brett Eibner Nikki Bella welcomed her son one day before twin sister Brie Bella gave birth  Talk about twinning! Following Sunday's news Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan welcomed a baby boy on Saturday, Brie's twin sister Nikki Bella announced she and her fiance, Artem Chigvintsev, became parents to a son of their own just one day prior. © Rob Latour/Shutterstock Nikki Bella, Artem Chigvintsev "7/31/2020 … Our baby boy is here and we couldn't be HAPPIER and more in LOVE!" Nikki, 36, wrote on Instagram Sunday, posting a shot of her own hand entwined with those of Artem, 38, and their little one. The picture mirrored the one Brie had shared less than two hours earlier. RELATED: Celebs and their cute kids in 2020 "Everyone is safe and healthy," Nikki added. View...
    A mother who gave birth while battling coronavirus has no memory of being pregnant with her now three-month-old daughter due to a brain injury she suffered while fighting for her life.  Sylvia LeRoy, a 35-year-old labor and delivery nurse at Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York, was 30 weeks pregnant when she went into cardiac arrest on April 12, two weeks after she was diagnosed with COVID-19. Once stabilized, she was rushed to the emergency room to deliver her daughter, Esther, via C-section. The four minutes she spent without oxygen to her brain caused an anoxic brain injury that has affected everything from her motor function to her memory. Speaking with the New York Post, Sylvia's older sister, Shirley Licin, revealed the mother of two can barely speak and doesn't remember being pregnant.  Scroll down for video   Fighting for her life: Sylvia LeRoy, 35, from Brooklyn, New York, was...
    TEEN Mom star Chris Lopez has confirmed Kailyn Lowry was due to give birth on July 25, revealing he has "lost track of the days" as her due date passes. The father of Kail's youngest son Lux, Chris took to Instagram to share that he has been "preparing" for the 25th "for the longest time". 9 Chris spilled the beansCredit: Instagram He said: "I lost track of the days, all I know is I have been preparing for the 25th for the longest time." "Any predictions on if baby boy is officially here yet?" commented one fan account as another shared the video alongside baby emojis. Teen Mom fans have been eagerly awaiting the birth of Kail's fourth baby, although her ongoing feud with Chris has soured her pregnancy. In the video, Chris also claimed that "really don't care" about her pregnancy anymore, shocking fans. 9 9 9 But he...
    SAM STOSUR has shown off her new baby Evie - and she says she is an "absolute gem". The tennis star, 36, and partner Liz Astline posted a video of the little nipper, whose full name is Genevieve. 2Tennis star Sam Stosur in action in AustraliaCredit: Rex Features Former world No4 Stosur was pleased as punch with Evie. The Australian ace, who has been world No1 in the women's doubles, welcomed her new addition on June 16. Stosur said it still “feels weird” to talk about having a daughter of her own. She told Australia's Channel 9: “Just very, very happy and excited, and just very proud to have little Evie here. “Still seems a little bit weird to say she’s my daughter. But I’ll get used to that. It’s just absolutely amazing. “She’s just an absolute gem, and even the tougher times don’t seem so bad when you just...
    Federal prison in Lompoc failed to isolate, test symptomatic inmates, IG investigation finds Dominique Crenn on the Fate of Restaurants: Were Looked At as Disposible Red Panda, Who Recently Gave Birth to Cubs, Missing from Ohio Zoo A red panda has gone missing from her habitat at Ohio's Columbus Zoo. © Columbus Zoo and Aquarium The animal was last seen Tuesday in her Asia Quest habitat On Wednesday, the zoo shared that the nocturnal animal was discovered missing from her Asia Quest habitat, where she was last seen Tuesday evening, via a Facebook post. The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium described the panda as a "small, non-threatening mammal about the size of a raccoon" and explained that while she does not present a threat to the public, the zoo is "eager" to have her back. RELATED: Columbus Zoo Enjoys Baby Boom Including a Giraffe Calf, a Sea Lion Pup, and...
    A new mother has been urged to leave her husband after revealing that he started a 10-month affair just six weeks after she gave birth to their second child.  The unnamed British woman, 34, took to parenting forum Mumsnet to ask other mothers for their advice, after doubting her decision to stay with her childhood sweetheart. Revealing that they had been together for 15 years, she explained that they had two children - aged five and one - and became distant after the birth of their youngest, sleeping in separate beds and with her partner often going on  boys' holidays - leaving her unsupported. The mum-of-two revealed she discovered he was having an affair with a 25-year-old in March, and while the other woman claimed to love him, her husband said it was 'just sex', and begged her to forgive him - which she did. British woman, 34, has been...
    A Covid-19 mother who gave birth while on a ventilator has died never having met her newborn daughter and despite her husband's pleas for better care. Aurora Chacon Esparza, 35, was being treated at the North Memorial Hospital in Brooklyn Center after displaying symptoms of coronavirus. Doctors were concerned that her baby was not getting enough oxygen and said she needed an emergency C-section despite being only 30 weeks pregnant. Baby Andrea remains healthy but Esparaza, who never got to meet the newborn, tragically passed away on Sunday, according to her family's GoFundMe page.  Aurora Chacon Esparza, 35, who gave birth while on a ventilator at the North Memorial Hospital in Brooklyn Center, has died The message on the site, written by Esparaza's husband Juan Duran, read: 'My wife Aurora now rests in peace with God.  'She passed away today in the early morning of Sunday July 19th 2020.  RELATED ARTICLES...
    A newborn girl who was not breathing when she was born in a New Jersey train station bathroom was saved by a transit officer who performed CPR and rushed her to a hospital. Body camera video released Friday by the New Jersey Transit Police Department shows Officer Bryan Richards entering a women's bathroom in Newark Penn Station on Tuesday. Richards walks into the bathroom to find two other officers standing near an opened stall where a woman stands inside. 'Oh s***!' Richard's exclaims when the mother, holding a blanket, reveals the unresponsive child wrapped inside. 
    JUSTIN Timberlake and wife Jessica Biel have reportedly welcomed their second baby boy after the actress allegedly secretly gave birth earlier this week. The 39-year-old Sexy Back singer and 38-year-old movie star became parents for a second time while keeping their pregnancy under wraps from the public, according to Daily Mail. 1 Justin and Jessica have reportedly welcomed their second baby boyCredit: Getty Images The outlet also reported that Jessica’s mom, Kimberly Conroe Biel, has been with her daughter and newest grandchild this week. A friend of the couple told the publication the growing family will stay with Kimberly for the time being at her Colorado home. More to follow... For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online. The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video. Download our fantastic, new and improved...
    A MUM-OF-TWO has detailed how she gave birth at home on her bathroom floor despite her waters not breaking prior to her son being born. Vanessa Jeffery, from Brisbane, Australia planned to "labour at home" until she felt ready to head to the hospital, but her new bub couldn't wait and arrived early - straight into the hands of the doula. 8Vanessa Jeffery, from Brisbane, Australia, gave birth on her bathroom floor 8Her husband Chris and doula were on hand to help before paramedics arrived The 32-year-old teacher said she started to experience mild contractions a day before the birth, and knew she was going into the early stages of labour. She called her doula, Selena Rollason, who rushed over to offer support TO Vanessa and her husband Chris as they prepared to head to the hospital. The expectant mum revealed that she sat on the bathroom floor...
    Two advocacy groups have filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security watchdog saying that U.S. border officials forcibly separated a pregnant Honduran asylum-seeker from her family after they asked for safety at the U.S. border, ultimately forcing her and her U.S. citizen newborn back into Mexico just two days after she gave birth in a U.S. hospital. “The Office of Inspector General complaint calls for an urgent investigation of the U.S. Border Patrol’s treatment of this family, including the forced expulsion of the newborn U.S. citizen and his mother to Mexico, as well as the forced removal of the father and son,” the Jewish Family Service of San Diego (JFS) and ACLU Foundation of San Diego & Imperial Counties (ACLUF-SDIC) said. They wrote “both the father and mother expressed their fear of returning to Mexico,” but were sent back by officials anyway. The Jewish Family Service of San Diego and ACLU Foundation of San Diego & Imperial Counties...
    A WOMAN has revealed how she gave birth at home in the toilet, just an hour after doctors dismissed her symptoms as IBS and trapped gas. Charlotte Wheeler-Smith, 31, had no idea she was pregnant and had done a 7km run and personal training sessions while dealing with the stomach cramps for two days. 4Charlotte Wheeler-Smith had no idea she was pregnant until she went into labourCredit: Mirrorpix 4She still got periods, had no baby bump and was told she had 'trapped wind and IBS' an hour before giving birth at homeCredit: Mirrorpix The fitness mad lawyer even called a doctor, who did a house call on the morning she gave birth, but said the pain was probably down to IBS. Speaking on Good Morning Britain today, Charlotte, who's from London but lives in Amsterdam, said her labour came out while her boyfriend Dominic was out for a run. She...
    MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Sam Stosur, the 2011 U.S. Open champion, is now a mom. The 36-year-old Australian tennis pro announced Monday on Instagram that her partner, Liz, gave birth to a girl in June. “Life in lockdown during coronavirus has been challenging in many ways but personally it’s been one of the most exciting and happy times of my life,” Stosur wrote. She continued: “It has been a whirlwind time but we could not imagine life without her now.” In addition to claiming her Grand Slam singles title by beating Serena Williams in New York in the final nine years ago, Stosur was the runner-up at the French Open in 2010 and a semifinalist at Roland Garros three times. In doubles, Stosur has been ranked No. 1 and won three Grand Slam trophies, most recently at the 2019 Australian Open. In singles, she has been ranked as high as...
    The family of a Minnesota mom who gave birth while on a ventilator fighting coronavirus is pleading for a transfer to a hospital that could give her emergency live-saving treatment.  Aurora Chacon Esparza, 35, started displaying coronavirus symptoms in early June and was taken to North Memorial Hospital in Brooklyn Center where she was placed on a ventilator.  By June 23, doctors were concerned that her baby was not getting enough oxygen and said she needed an emergency C-section despite being only 30 weeks pregnant.   They delivered a healthy baby girl named Andrea ten weeks prematurely yet Esparza remains on a ventilator 21 days after being admitted.  Aurora Chacon Esparza, 35, has been on a ventilator fighting coronavirus in a Minnesota hospital for 21 days. While there she gave birth to a baby girl named Andrea (pictured) Juan Duran (pictured above left with Esparza) said they believed her...
    Oxygen The mugshot of Giselle Esteban, convicted murderer of nursing student Michelle Le On Friday, July 10, Dateline NBC is rebroadcasting an episode called “Vanished,” which examined the disappearance and murder of Vietnamese-American nursing student Michelle Le in 2011. Ahead of that episode, here’s what you need to know about the crime, the woman who was convicted of the murder, and how she gave birth in prison.Giselle Diwag Esteban Was Pregnant When She Murdered Michelle Le and Gave Birth in PrisonDateline Episode Trailer: Vanished | Dateline NBCKeith Morrison reports Friday, July 10 at 9/8c on NBC. Watch full episodes: http://www.nbc.com/dateline Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/datelinenbc Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/datelinenbc Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/datelinenbc2020-07-08T12:46:37Z On May 27, 2011, Michelle Le, a nursing student at the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in the San Francisco area, was training with her co-workers when she ran out to the parking structure...
    (CNN)Maggie Sillero was 28 weeks pregnant with triplets when she got the terrifying news that she had Covid-19.She wasn't sick on May 8 when she went to The Woman's Hospital of Texas in Houston -- and never showed any coronavirus symptoms. She was admitted for observation because she was considered high-risk and her doctor wanted to monitor her and her babies' health for the final weeks of the pregnancy.Sillero told CNN that she hadn't left her house since March, so she thought the coronavirus test would just a routine precaution."When I got the news, it was very shocking. I could not believe it," she said.Read MoreThese moms wore masks while giving birth. You can wear one to the grocery store, they sayHer husband also tested positive and was also asymptomatic, she said.Sillero said her mom and her 5-year-old son, Alexander, both tested negative, even though they'd all been together. Her...
    Iskra Lawrence has detailed how she prevented vaginal tearing during her at-home water birth, saying the the 'most important thing' she did was train her vagina to expand. In her latest YouTube video, the 29-year-old model opened up about the products that helped prepare her body for giving birth, including a pelvic floor muscle exerciser from Germany. 'Not tooting my own horn here, but the downstairs area was immediately like it never happened,' Iskra said of giving birth to her baby boy in April. 'I had no pain after the first day... Everything went back to normal.' Tips: New mom Iskra Lawrence has detailed how she prevented vaginal tearing during her at-home water birth in April  Tools: The model recommended the EPI-NO Delphine Plus, a $125 device from Germany that consists of a silicone balloon and a hand pump The new mom explained that she had always planned...
    LOS ANGELES, California -- Susie Rabaca, the Southern California mother who survived a battle with leukemia long enough to give birth to healthy twins, has died.Rabaca, a mother of five children, died Wednesday morning with family at her side, her mother told Eyewitness News.Eyewitness News brought you Rabaca's story in 2018 when she was weeks away from giving birth and in need of a bone-marrow transplant to help treat her leukemia.In response to her story, a record-breaking number of people signed up to be potential bone-marrow donors, but she needed a 100% match and her mixed heritage made it difficult to find a donor.RELATED: SoCal leukemia patient gives birth to twins after finding perfect donor matchEMBED More News Videos A Southern California woman battling cancer while pregnant has given birth to twins just a week after finding the perfect bone-marrow donor. A perfect match was found and she gave birth...
    When Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin spoke to my colleagues at Stanford’s technology licensing office in the late 1990s, other search engines already existed. But Page and Brin, who were graduate students at the time, believed the page-rank algorithm they had developed at Stanford was superior, even though no other entrepreneurs saw its potential. So they decided to launch a start-up. The Stanford licensing office saw merit in their idea and licensed the algorithm — which was owned by the University — back to the entrepreneurs. The rest is history. It’s unlikely Google would have become the world’s most popular search engine without the sorts of patent protections provided by the Bayh-Dole Act, a little-known law passed in 1980. In fact, over the past 40 years, Bayh-Dole has given rise to some of our nation’s most revolutionary innovations. And as you read this piece, it’s fueling promising research...
    Little Jefferson was born at 24 and a half weeks of pregnancy in Colombia. Her mother suffering from coronavirus had to be put in an artificial coma to be able to give birth. The baby born 14 weeks before term Pregnant and contaminated with coronavirus, Diana Angola, a 36-year-old Colombian, had to undergo emergency surgery. Her lungs were weakened, the doctors performed a cesarean section and the young woman was plunged into an artificial coma so that she could give birth to her baby. Her son Jefferson came into the world 14 weeks premature and without being contaminated by Covid-19.“He was born with great difficulty breathing, we had to resuscitate him, we had to go through the whole procedure of a critical patient,” said Dr. Velasquez on the story from Le Figaro. Pediatrician Edwin Olivo, one of the specialists involved in the delivery, said the child has already gained weight...
    A MUM has revealed how she gave birth to miracle twins, after being told she was infertile and then advised to have an abortion by doctors - who gave them a 10 per cent chance of survival. When Hayley Bevan, 32, discovered she was pregnant in 2017, her babies were diagnosed with Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome, a rare condition where the twins share a placenta, resulting in one baby being starved of sufficient blood flow to the body.   8Hayley Bevan, 32, from Grimsby, was told she was infertile - but discovered she was pregnant at her HYSTERECTOMY appointmentCredit: HotSpot Media Doctors advised the mum-of-five, from Grimsby, Lincolnshire, to abort her babies.    But Hayley was determined to continue with her pregnancy and had healthy daughters Elsie and Ivy Bevan, now two. Speaking exclusively to Fabulous, Hayley, a full-time mum, says: “I thought I’d never get pregnant again after doctors told me I was infertile.   ...
    LONDON – French President Emmanuel Macron marked Gen. Charles De Gaulle’s famed World War II appeal to resist the Nazis on Thursday in a special ceremony intended to invoke the deep friendship between the longtime allies. Macron traveled to London to mark the day that De Gaulle delivered his defiant broadcast on the BBC 80 years ago, urging his nation to fight on despite the fall of France. “Your nation spearheaded the liberation of the world. It erected, against Nazi barbarism, the most beautiful of the ramparts: that of unity and fraternity,” Macron told Prince Charles. “The United Kingdom gave Free France its first weapon: the microphone of the BBC.” Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, received Macron at his Clarence House home with a guard of honor formed by the Number 7 Company of the Coldstream Guards and their band. Macron awarded Charles the Legion of...
    LONDON (AP) — French leader Emmanuel Macron is set to mark Charles De Gaulle’s famed World War II appeal to resist the Nazis on Thursday in a special ceremony intended to invoke the deep friendship between the longtime allies. The French president is traveling to London to mark the day that De Gaulle delivered his defiant broadcast 80 years ago urging his nation to fight on despite the fall of France. In a reflection of the importance of the event, the trip marks Macron’s first international trip since France’s lockdown amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, will receive Macron at his Clarence House home with a Guard of Honor formed by the Number 7 Company of the Coldstream Guards and their band. The event on Thursday commemorates De Gaulle’s “Apel’’ via a BBC broadcast to his countrymen on June 18, 1940, urging them to...
    Former UFC champion Miesha Tate revealed Sunday that she gave birth to a baby boy in her bathroom. Tate’s partner Johnny Nuñez delivered their son, Daxton. She posted a photo of herself holding her newborn baby on Instagram. DANA WHITE HITS OUT AT BOXING PROMOTER BOB ARUM AFTER UFC'S LATEST LAS VEGAS EVENT “Today I became a Mother all over again! The experience was incredible, we planned a hospital birth but our son had other plans!” Tate wrote in the caption. “Daxton Wylder Nuñez was born at 8:20am June 14th in our home. We welcomed our son as a family..... it was perfectly imperfect and I am over the moon!” Tate thanked Nuñez for helping her stay focused as she was giving birth. “I cannot thank you enough @johnnyboymma you kept me centred, focused and helped me unexpectedly deliver our baby! I couldn't have done it without you truly. Thank...