Saturday, Feb 27, 2021 - 22:12:56
213 results - (0.001 seconds)

don’t support:

As Trump touts law and order, is crackdown on cities working? Amazon Prime Day Starts October 13—Heres Everything You Need to Know Dabo Swinney on social justice messages: I support common-sense causes, not political organizations Dabo Swinney really wants it known that his support for racial equality is apolitical. The Clemson coach was asked again about his stance on social and racial justice issues at his Tuesday news conference following his Monday night radio show. During that show, a caller requested that the support that Swinney’s team had for the Black Lives Matter movement be toned down because of the caller’s dislike for the organization that shares the same name as the movement. "For our football team, this is America and everybody has the right to free speech," Swinney said in response via ESPN. "I don't judge somebody because they don't think the way I think. I think...
    Ivanka Trump cut a stylish figure in a cream pantsuit on Tuesday evening while showing support for her father at his first presidential debate against Democratic nominee, former Vice President Joe Biden.  The 38-year-old White House senior adviser joined President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump on Air Force One as they traveled to Cleveland, Ohio, ahead of the highly-anticipated event.  Ivanka looked pristine in a $3,210 cream blazer with a wrap belt by Gabriela Hearst and matching dress pants as she stepped off the aircraft at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.  Outfit of the day: Ivanka Trump, 38, wore $3,210 cream blazer with a wrap belt by Gabriela Hearst and matching dress pants to the first presidential debate on Tuesday  Traveling in style: The White House senior adviser was seen stepping off of Air Force Once carrying a $4,700 Chanel bag  She carried a $4,700 quilted white leather Chanel bag as she...
    NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- The COVID-19 pandemic has put one of New York City's major problems -- homelessness -- on full display, and encampments are lining city streets from downtown to midtown to uptown.7 On Your Side Investigates found an encampment lining the whole side of a building on West 41st Street, filled with boxes and tarps, another crowded encampment under an overpass on West 59th and another lining a street in Harlem on East 124th."It's very rare in New York City, because this administration made a decision years ago to stop what he happened for decades before and not allow those encampments," Mayor Bill De Blasio said last monthSome residents, however, say they're experiencing a different reality."Well, the mayor's wrong," said George Aryeh, who manages an apartment building on East 124th. "He must be blind. He doesn't see what's going on here."Exclusive: Tenants living in Manhattan hotel alongside...
    NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- The COVID-19 pandemic has put one of New York City's major problems -- homelessness -- on full display, and encampments are lining city streets from downtown to midtown to uptown.7 On Your Side Investigates found an encampment lining the whole side of a building on West 41st Street, filled with boxes and tarps, another crowded encampment under an overpass on West 59th and another lining a street in Harlem on East 124th."It's very rare in New York City, because this administration made a decision years ago to stop what he happened for decades before and not allow those encampments," Mayor Bill De Blasio said last monthSome residents, however, say they're experiencing a different reality."Well, the mayor's wrong," said George Aryeh, who manages an apartment building on East 124th. "He must be blind. He doesn't see what's going on here."Exclusive: Tenants living in Manhattan hotel alongside...
    A Kentucky State Police ballistics report refutes the claim that the boyfriend of Breonna Taylor shot at cops, according to a report. Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron said two officers were justified in firing their weapons because Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had fired one shot at them. The KSP report says “due to limited markings of comparative value,” the 9-mm bullet that hit and exited Sgt. John Mattingly was neither “identified nor eliminated as having been fired” from Walker’s gun. Cameron said that Taylor was shot six times on the night of her death, but only one of the gunshots was fatal. Sgt. John Mattingly had entered the home after the door was broken down, and he was shot once in the leg by Walker, Taylor’s boyfriend. Walker has said he didn’t know the police were at the door, and he fired a “warning shot,” thinking it was an intruder....
    REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- Police blocked counter protesters from reaching a rally to support law enforcement in Redwood City.Friday afternoon's clash unfolded across the street from the event taking place at Courthouse Square.RELATED: 'We Back Blue': Hundreds rally in Napa to support law enforcementThat's where about 50 people carried signs and waved flags to support police.One man knelt while the national anthem was sung.Organizers urged people to not bring signs denouncing Black Lives Matter but one person held one reading "Black Lives Murder."They intended to keep the message pro-police.RELATED: 'If there's no justice, how can we have peace?' 'Go-slow' caravan ties up Bay Area bridge traffic"The basic message is we like our police the way it is. We don't want to reimagine it. We don't think it's worth re-imagining it right now when we are having so many issues in this country," said organizer Maria Rutenberg. "I've lived in...
    VIDEO4:0204:02Fed Chair Powell says more fiscal support is needed—Four experts are doubtful it can happenTrading Nation Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell urged Congress on Wednesday to provide the U.S. economy with more fiscal support to combat the coronavirus pandemic's ongoing impact. "Many borrowers will benefit from these programs, as will the overall economy," Powell said. "But for others, a loan that could be difficult to repay might not be the answer, and in these cases, direct fiscal support may be needed." Market watchers can agree on one thing: There is a need for further fiscal stimulus. How the congressional stalemate will unfold and affect U.S. stocks is a larger debate. Here's what four market analysts said on Wednesday as the major averages fell: Eugene Profit, the president, CEO and managing director of Profit Investment Management, questioned the idea of a V-shaped recovery: "September has caused a little bit of a...
    Former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley says he likes to keep focused on making music and doesn't like to talk about politics. But in a recent interview, the 69-year-old rocker made clear he's supporting President Donald Trump for re-election in 2020. "I don't think politics and rock and roll mix — in my opinion," Frehley told "The Cassius Morris Show" in an interview reported by Blabbermouth.net. The topic of politics came up while Frehley was discussing his new rendition of the Cream song "Politician," to appear on an upcoming covers album, "Origins Vol. 2." "I try to stay away from that as much as I can. I mean, once in a while, I'll make a crack," Frehley said. "I will say I'm a Trump supporter." "All the politicians have had skeletons in the closet," he continued. "But I think Trump is the strongest leader that we've got on...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The latest CBS News Battleground Tracker Poll in Florida shows the presidential race tightening in the hugely important state. Democratic candidate Joe Biden leads President Donald Trump by two points, 48% to 46%, among likely voters. At a honk for Trump event in Central Florida, organizers pointed to the number of honks as proof the president’s support is on the rise. “Judging from what we see from passing people, we get about 90 percent support from passing cars,” said Tom Vail. Among white Floridians, President Trump has a 22-point edge, according to the new poll of likely voters. (CBS News) “I agree with his policies. I believe he’s very much more fit to run this country than Joe Biden is personally,” said Donald Sisk. But to clinch the state, the president may need to win back support from voters like Dave Santarelli, who’s not sure he’ll vote...
    Donald Trump told a rally in Ohio on Monday night that suburban women 'love me' because he had prevented the construction of affordable housing in their neighborhoods.  In remarks that have been previously condemned as racist, the president said women of 'suburbia' appreciated his housing policies. In July the Trump administration repealed Barack Obama's 2015 Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule. The AFFH did not mandate low-income housing to be built in suburban areas, but rather aimed to eliminate discrimination and combat segregation in housing. Trump claimed on Monday night that he had saved the suburbs from an influx of low-income developments.   'We are doing really well with the African American community, with the Hispanic community, we're doing well with women,' he said. Donald Trump on Monday night told an Ohio rally that suburban women 'love me' The president used his Monday night rally to warn of Joe Biden's threat to...
    For anyone whose gender identity is not aligned with that recorded on their original birth certificate, the desire to bring a child into the world can be complicated. Thankfully, the medical community is addressing this growing population’s unique needs. “There’s a shift in society which is already notably helpful,” said Joshua D. Safer, MD, executive director of the Mount Sinai Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery (CTMS) and professor of medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. “We used to see trans kids escaping from unsympathetic households — now parents are on visits with them, trying to make sure things are done correctly. There’s wisdom from parents from that support,” he said. For Max Kristula-Green, 31, growing up in Tokyo until age 18 led to a shielded outlook on life. “The LGBT population and education surrounding it was limited there,” says Kristula-Green, who was born female but...
    WELD COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The men’s basketball team at the University of Northern Colorado created a video which is gaining a lot of interest. The video talks about race relations in America. “We stand for our community. We stand for our brothers and our sisters. We stand for our teammates, we stand together because Black lives matter,” a player says in the video. We Stand Together. #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/4FhoeSBFPe — UNC Mens Basketball (@UNC_BearsMBB) September 9, 2020 Students and coaches participated in the video. Eleven of UNC’s 16 players are Black. Coach Steve Smiley says they began talking about doing something as players shared their experiences. (credit: University of Northern Colorado) “I’ve been asked if i’m a gang member before, a drug dealer, just simple things like that, but they don’t know my story. They don’t know where I come from. They don’t know I’m a division one athlete, but...
    “It’s getting hard to keep track of the bad news about the news right now.” MinnPost photo by Bill KelleySusan AlbrightThat’s how the Poynter Institute began its latest updating of press cutbacks, layoffs, furloughs and closings. It noted that both the Duluth News Tribune and the Forum of Fargo/Moorhead had cut to two print days a week and now use the mail instead of carriers — and that the Star Tribune “has had four days of furloughs in both quarter two and quarter three” for some employees. Those items were just a tiny part of an exhaustive nationwide list. For me, the pileup of bad news about the news is heartbreaking. During my career I have done stints at four metropolitan daily newspapers. Two of them have since died; the others are carrying on, but with much smaller newsrooms these days. Smaller staffs and tighter budgets don’t preclude terrific reporting. But with stronger...
    VIDEO2:1402:14Kevin O'Leary: Don't give airlines any more aid, stop giving money to zombie companiesSquawk Box Businessman Kevin O'Leary told CNBC on Thursday that the U.S. government should not provide another round of financial aid to airlines during the coronavirus pandemic.  "No more money for airlines. We don't need it anymore. The fact is, you have to let some of them go bankrupt," the "Shark Tank" investor said on "Squawk Box."  O'Leary's comments came ahead of a meeting Thursday between U.S. airline executives and White House chief of staff Mark Meadows regarding further aid for the industry. The CEOs are advocating for another $25 billion in support on top of the assistance that was granted as part of the $2.2 trillion CARES Act in March. As part of that initial $25 billion, the carriers were prohibited from cutting jobs through Sept. 30. But with air travel still suppressed due to Covid-19, albeit...
    Busan: a free zone for blockchain companies Busan was named a blockchain free regulation zone just over a year ago. The news was particularly followed: companies in Busan being in theory free to pursue blockchain projects without being hampered by the usual regulations. A few caveats already existed, however: ICOs were formally banned, even in Busan, and the government had focused on blockchain – not cryptocurrencies. Still, Busan had retained its city status particularly open to blockchain. In December 2019, we learned of the launch of a local currency based on the city’s blockchain: the “Dongbaekjeon”. What no doubt to encourage local companies to gradually adopt these technologies? Beware of ad effects Not really, according to a recent poll. As reported by Fn News, a survey by the Busan Research Institute indicates that companies in Busan are largely ignorant of blockchain-related issues and cryptocurrencies. 62%...
    MADRID (Reuters) - Teachers in the Spanish city of Bilbao staged a one-day strike on Tuesday to protest against their regional government's response to the COVID-19 crisis, while health workers in Madrid took to the streets to demand better working conditions. Protesters are demanding more staff and support from authorities as the recent surge in cases, at a time when pupils are returning to schools, prompted concerns about further infections. The health ministry reported 3,022 new coronavirus infections and 19 deaths in the past 24 hours. The number of cases was little changed from Monday's in an apparent stabilisation after a steady surge that began in July and peaked at around 12,000 cases 11 days ago. The infection numbers are updated retroactively and have often ended up exceeding the initial daily tally by thousands. Spain's cumulative number of cases, at 603,167, is the highest in Western Europe. The number of...
    Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has not been making many new fans since she began her gradual descent into full-on TERF, and her new book about a cisgender male serial killer who dresses like a woman to kill his victims is certainly not helping. In recent weeks and months, many actors from the Harry Potter movies have spoken out against Rowling’s transphobic views—however, one notable exception, Robbie Coltrane, who played the groundskeeper Rubeus Hagrid, is now coming to her defense. Hide In an interview with Radio Times this week, Coltrane attempted to downplay Rowling’s various remarks by chalking it up as people just looking to get offended. Hide “I don’t think what she said was offensive really,” said the 70-year-old actor. “I don’t know why but there’s a whole Twitter generation of people who hang around waiting to be offended. They wouldn’t have won the war, would they?” “That’s me...
    (CNN)Kim Kardashian was in hot water over the weekend over her new maternity line from her shapewear brand Skims, and was accused of trying to force pregnant women to look slimmer. Kardashian defended the line on social media Sunday, writing: "To anyone who has an issue with maternity solutionwear, and if you haven't been pregnant before you may not know the struggle of what it's like carrying all of this extra weight the way I did with millions of strong women."She stressed that the line is meant to "support" instead of slim. View this post on Instagram What you've been waiting for: @SKIMS Maternity is coming soon! Introducing Maternity Solutionwear™ that offers the best in comfort and support for your changing body during and after pregnancy. Launching on Wednesday, September 16 at 9AM PT / 12PM ET in 9 colors and in sizes XXS - 5X exclusively at SKIMS.COM. Join...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – The sounds of excitement, drive and dedication to finding a breast cancer cure may not be heard in Central Park this weekend, but they’ll certainly be heard online. This year, the 30th Race For The Cure goes virtual for a fundraiser that’s #TogetherApart. While the race might look and feel different because of the coronavirus pandemic, the Komen Foundation’s goal remains the same. “Thirty years of Race For The Cure and 30 years of creating more survivors,” said Linda Tantawi, CEO of Susan G. Komen Greater NYC. Tantawi told CBS2’s Vanessa Murdock that Komen started raising awareness and money for breast cancer research in the 1980s, when the five year survival rate was about 70 percent. In 2020, it’s 99.9 percent. KOMEN CONNECTION: Doctors Urge Women To Get Breast Cancer Screenings Now, Don’t Wait For Pandemic To End “There’s so much good news, but not enough...
    Ginger Zee got candid about her mental health and past suicide attempts in honor of Suicide Prevention Week. “This photo always breaks my heart. This was during my first real job on tv at WEYI. This wide, forced smile was not long after my second suicide attempt,” she captioned the old photo of herself. “Of course no one at work knew. I was a master at hiding my mental health issues. Especially from myself.” ABC News’ chief meteorologist, 39, said she was “lucky” not only to receive help but also to afford it financially. “It is #suicidepreventionweek and I often wonder if there is anything I could go back and say to myself the morning I tried to take my own life,” she continued. “I don’t know if I would have been ready to hear it – I don’t know if this message will help — but I feel...
    HOUSTON -- A Houston mother of four who was evicted with her children after she lost her job during the COVID-19 pandemic now has a home.Kenia Madrigal's story spread far and wide, with many stepping up to help after they found out she and her four children, ages 11, 8, 3, and 1, were sleeping in her SUV since June.Madrigal couldn't afford to pay rent at the time.After the story aired on KTRK-TV, a co-worker at her new job set up a fundraising account and hundreds of people from across the country donated.The GoFundMe page's initial goal was $800. It ended up raising more than $73,000.EMBED More News Videos "I get to cook again, oh my goodness!" Having a kitchen is something some of us may take for granted, but for Kenia Madrigal it means the world. With that money, Madrigal and her children were able to move into a...
    Eccentric pro golfer John Daly revealed Thursday he was diagnosed with bladder cancer and had a procedure to remove the disease. Daly made the revelation in an interview with the GOLF Channel. He said his doctor told him there was an “85 percent chance it comes back.” BROOKS KOEPKA OUT OF US OPEN WITH LINGERING INJURY “So I’ve got to go back and see him in three months. They will probably have to cut it out again,” Daly told the network. “It’s probably going to come back, and then another three months that you don’t know. You just don’t know. “Luckily for me they caught it early, but bladder cancer is something that I don’t know all the details. But it doesn’t look like it may go away. We will just see what happens. Maybe there’s a miracle. ... I’m cutting way, way back on the Diet Coke and counting...
    Dear Amy: My mother is adamant that the two sons of her recently deceased second husband attend his military funeral. One son, “L,” is a convicted sex offender. Columnist Amy Dickinson (Bill Hogan/Chicago Tribune)  My mother remarried when her and her new husband’s children were adults in their 20s — three children each. L sexually abused his brother’s daughter, my brother’s daughter and his own daughter, and he exposed himself to my daughter. All victims were tweens. When he sexually abused his daughter’s friend, the police arrested him. His prison term ended last year. My mother’s late husband championed the offender, saying he “earned back his trust” without ever saying how. He insisted that we all welcome him back into the family. My mother has bought into this under the heading of “Christian forgiveness.” Related Articles Ask Amy: Am I being a prude about my boyfriend’s ‘cam work’?...
    Rod Lamkey/CNP via ZUMA For indispensable reporting on the coronavirus crisis, the election, and more, subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter.Republicans plan to go ahead with a symbolic vote on their “skinny” stimulus plan: Senate Republicans plan to force a vote Thursday on their substantially scaled-back stimulus plan, in a maneuver all but guaranteed to fail amid opposition by Democrats who call the measure inadequate. After months of struggling to overcome deep internal divisions over the scope of another relief measure, Republicans hope to present a near-united front in support of their latest plan. They can then try to blame the continuing impasse on Democrats, who are expected to oppose it en masse, denying it the 60 votes it would need to advance. The Republican plan would amount to net new spending of $300 billion, about a tenth of the $3 trillion Democrats are asking for. And I confess...
    Trafalgar Group pollster Robert Cahaly predicted candidate Donald Trump would win in 2016, and he has advice for him this year: stay above the fray. “Don’t pick small fights with people below you,” which includes “silly argument,” he told The Kyle Olson Show: “Even if somebody deserves to have you cut them down a couple notches, don’t do it,” Cahaly advised. “Stay above that fray. Stay above that stuff,” he said, calling it “a trap.” Cahaly urged Trump to focus on his successes, including the economy and taking action when Congress would not. “And don’t be daunted by these silly polls because they are silly,” he said, because they don’t acknowledge Trump’s true support. “We all know somebody who likes Trump who wouldn’t put a sign in front of their yard because they don’t want to deal with the crap,” he said, adding they would not acknowledge their support...
    Dear Ms. MoneyPeace, My two boys graduated from high school this year. Though they are twins, they are as different as can be. One, I’ll call Tommy, was planning to go to college several states away until the school went online. The other, Timmy, was planning a gap year of traveling and working abroad. The coronavirus upended a lot of people’s plans, including theirs. Timmy decided to go to a trade school for plumbing. Tommy is going to stay home and work odd jobs and may even “take a class or two” (his words). They want to know what their allowance will be! The economy isn’t great, though for now we are holding our own and have college savings in a 529 plan. My wife and I went to college. She says, “Whatever they want, I’m OK.” They are only 18 — so young to make a life decision....
    President Donald Trump on Friday said that he was looking forward to seeing a woman president but that he did not want it to be Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA). “How about her, is she a beauty?” Trump said as the crowd booed. The president spoke about Kamala Harris as he campaigned at the airport in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Friday evening. Trump again mocked Harris for earning only 15 percent support in the Democrat presidential primaries before fading to single-digits in the polls. Trump ridiculed Harris for leaving the race in December 2019 before the primary elections even started. “She left because she wouldn’t have gotten any votes; she was terrible,” Trump said. “And this would be your president possibly? I don’t think so.” Trump said he was open to the idea of a woman president but suggested that she would have to earn the support of the American people....
    Mark Wilson/Getty Images New York City public housing tenants spotlighted in a video at the Republican National Convention spoke out to the New York Times to say they were misled about the purpose of the video. The video starts with the message “President Trump promised to deliver real change for the residents of our nation’s cities. He kept that promise.” The video features Judy Smith, Manuel Martinez, Claudia Perez, and Carmen Quiñones criticizing how Bill de Blasio has dealt with public housing residents and what the Trump administration has done to help “shine a light on what’s going on.” The New York Times reports that the interviews were arranged and conducted by HUD official Lynne Patton. But despite the serious criticisms of the Democratic mayor, they’re apparently not exactly big Trump supporters: They were never told that their interviews would be edited into a two-minute video clip that would...
    CNN anchor Don Lemon went after Trump voters yet again following the president's speech at the Republican National Convention Thursday, saying they must suffer from "cognitive dissonance" to support someone Lemon described as a "bad person." Lemon's colleague Chris Cuomo had told him that the president's supporters had concluded that despite Trump's flaws, "Joe Biden will be worse" for the country. Cuomo theorized that Trump's voters are willing to "forgive" Trump's wrongdoings rather than vote for the Democrat. "I think you're letting them off easy," Lemon responded. "I don't believe that it's just because they think Joe Biden would be worse. I think it's because they like it, not [at] a certain level, on many levels. They like what he presents. They like the lies, one would have to. If you don't like the lies, then you're not a supporter. They like the shiny objects. They like the racism. They like the misogyny. They like all of...
    NFL great and former Heisman Trophy winner Herschel Walker revealed that he lost “some friends” due to his outspoken support of President Trump. Earlier this week, Walker delivered an impassioned defense of the president against charges of racism. Speaking with USA Today Sports after the speech, Walker expressed dismay over how people now unfriend each other over political disagreements. “In society today, if you’ve got a Black friend, oh, jeez you’re like king,’’ Walker said. “But not one time has (Trump) asked me to speak for him. I don’t even think he knew I was going to speak this time. I’m the one that asked.’’ “Losing friends has been a big cost,’’ he added. “I lost some friends, and that’s what’s so strange about it. How could in a country like America you disagree with someone that you now want to injure that person or you just don’t want to talk...
    Herschel Walker, an NFL great and longtime friend of President Trump, spoke at the Republican National Convention on Monday night because, he said, he wanted to give people a picture of who the president really is. Walker, who delivered his speech from his home near Dallas, said that he considers it a “personal insult” when critics accuse Trump of racism. The following day, he talked about paying a price for a friendship with Trump. “Losing friends has been a big cost,” Walker said. “I lost some friends, and that’s what’s so strange about it. How could, in a country like America, you disagree with someone that you now want to injure that person or you just don’t want to talk to them no more? Where did it get that you become a country like that?” HERSCHEL WALKER PRAISES TRUMP'S CHARACTER, DEFENDS NFL ANTHEM PROTEST STANCE Walker, who has voiced his...
    New York (CNN Business)Nike, the official maker of the uniforms for the NBA and WNBA, said Thursday it supports athletes' boycotts in response to the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin.Soon after the Milwaukee Bucks decided to not play Wednesday night, the NBA announced it would postpone Game 5 of three different playoff series. Within hours, three WNBA, five Major League Soccer and three Major League Baseball games were called off as athletes acted in solidarity with the Bucks."Nike stands in support of NBA and WNBA players and athletes across the sports community in their response to the senseless shooting of Jacob Blake. We remain committed to addressing the issue of systemic racism experienced by the Black community," the company said in a statement.Nike (NKE) was one of many companies that voiced support for the Black Lives Matter protests earlier this summer. In May, it reversed its iconic...
    Former NFL star Herschel Walker on Wednesday said that "the big cost" of his support of President TrumpDonald John TrumpThe Memo: GOP seeks to detoxify Trump at convention Harris honors Women's Equality Day in op-ed, calls for voting reform Trump breaks with precedent on second night of convention MORE has been the loss of some friends.  “In society today, if you’ve got a Black friend, oh, jeez you’re like king,’’ Walker, who said he volunteered to speak Monday night at the GOP convention, told USA Today Sports. “But not one time has (Trump) asked me to speak for him. I don’t even think he knew I was going to speak this time. I’m the one that asked.’’ “Losing friends has been a big cost,’’ said Walker, 58. “I lost some friends, and that’s what’s so strange about it. How could in a country like America you disagree with someone that...
    Former NFL star Herschel Walker on Wednesday said that "the big cost" of his support of President TrumpDonald John TrumpThe Memo: GOP seeks to detoxify Trump at convention Harris honors Women's Equality Day in op-ed, calls for voting reform Trump breaks with precedent on second night of convention MORE has been the loss of some friends.  “In society today, if you’ve got a Black friend, oh, jeez you’re like king,’’ Walker, who said he volunteered to speak Monday night at the GOP convention, told USA Today Sports. “But not one time has (Trump) asked me to speak for him. I don’t even think he knew I was going to speak this time. I’m the one that asked.’’ “Losing friends has been a big cost,’’ said Walker, 58. “I lost some friends, and that’s what’s so strange about it. How could in a country like America you disagree with someone that...
    OSU suspends 228 students for breaking coronavirus rules A regional supermarket chain just filed for bankruptcy despite surging grocery sales Dana White unfazed by criticism of Donald Trump support as RNC speech draws near When Dana White gives his speech at the Republican National Convention, he knows he’ll be addressing the nation at a time when politics, led by President Donald Trump, have become especially divisive in the U.S. © Provided by MMAJunkie Not that this matters to the UFC boss. “That sh*t doesn’t bother me,” White told reporters, including MMA Junkie, on Tuesday night in Las Vegas. “Listen, this is America. Everybody has their own opinions and their own choices. I know that sometimes people go after you because of whatever, but everybody knows me. Everybody knows what I’m about, and you know. “I don’t know. Talk to me after the speech.” White, who said he leaves for...
    Is it okay to watch college football games in the fall if you supported the season being canceled? This is a question being batted around right now on the football subreddit, and the answer is incredibly simple in my mind. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Is it hypocritical to watch college football this season if you believe that there should be no games? from CFB If you don’t support games happening during the coronavirus, then you have no right to watch in the fall. In fact, Ari Gold has a message for all of you. You don’t get to cheer for football not happening and then watch games in the fall. Are you kidding me? Have you lost your damn mind? You’re either with us or against us. It’s that simple. You can’t cheer against football, and then enjoy...
    Former Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., defended his decision to publicly endorse Democratic candidate Joe Biden for president on "The Story" Monday, prompting host Martha MacCallum to ask Flake to name an "actual policy" of Biden's that he supports. At one point, MacCallum asked Flake how, as a lifelong Republican, he is supporting a candidate who has promised to be "the most progressive president in history." "I think, if you look at Joe Biden's record, he's not been that," Flake responded. "This is a primary that he has just been through. He also said he would work with Republicans ... that's not a popular thing to say in the Democratic primary, but he did. FLAKE JOINS MORE THAN TWO DOZEN FORMER GOP MEMBERS OF CONGRESS TO LAUNCH 'REPUBLICANS FOR BIDEN' "He's a creature of the Senate," Flake added. "He knows how to compromise. He knows how to work across the aisle and I'm confident he will do that in the future." Maccallum...
    Vice President Mike Pence dismissed QAnon days after the president thanked its adherents for supporting his administration. He sought to put some distance between the conspiracy theory, which claims that a group of powerful sex traffickers is working to take down President Trump, and the White House during a media blitz Friday morning comprising multiple TV interviews across several networks. “I don’t know anything about that conspiracy theory. I don’t know anything about QAnon, and I dismiss it out of hand,” Pence said on CBS This Morning after host Tony Dokoupil asked if he or Trump believed the theory. He also was asked about it during his appearance on CNN. “You said the president seemed to embrace it. I didn’t hear that,” Pence told anchor John Berman on New Day. “I heard the president talk about he appreciates people that support him, very generally. I don't know anything about that...
    On Thursday, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany clarified that President Trump does not support the conspiracy movement QAnon. During a press conference on Wednesday, the president was asked to give his thoughts about QAnon – a movement that characterizes President Trump as waging a secret war against an elite group of pedophiles, from the deep state to Hollywood. “I don’t know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate,” Trump said. “But I don’t know much about the movement — I have heard that it is gaining in popularity and from what I hear, these are people that, when they watch the streets of Portland, when they watch what happened in New York City in just the last six or seven months … these are people that don’t like seeing what’s going on in places like Portland, and places like Chicago and New...
    Roger Sollenberger August 20, 2020 10:00AM (UTC) President Trump crossed a new line Wednesday — one that until recently no one knew existed — when he offered praise from the White House briefing room for the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory, which the FBI has labeled a potential domestic terrorism threat. QAnon followers "like me very much" and "love America," the president told reporters, before affirming the group's core belief that he is in fact "saving the world" from the "radical left." NBC News correspondent Shannon Pettypiece kicked off the discussion, asking, "Can you talk about what you think about [QAnon] and what you have to say to people who are following this movement right now?" : "I don't know much about the movement, other than I understand they like me very much. Which I appreciate. But I don't know much about the movement," Trump said. He then connected the values of the group to one of his own campaign themes — law and order. "I have...
    VIDEO3:0103:01Trump on QAnon conspiracies: We're saving the world from a radical left philosophyWhite House President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he knows little about the controversial conspiracy theory known as QAnon – but added that he is nevertheless grateful for the support of its followers. "I don't know much about the movement, other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate," Trump said at a White House press briefing. Trump had been asked for his thoughts about QAnon a week after he celebrated the victory of Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican congressional candidate who has reportedly promoted the baseless conspiracy, following her primary election win in Georgia.  "Marjorie is strong on everything and never gives up - a real WINNER!" Trump tweeted after Greene's victory. QAnon began as a fringe internet conspiracy alleging, among other things, that Trump is secretly fighting against "deep state" factions of powerful...
    President Trump said it may not be a bad thing that followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory believe he was sent to save the world from cannibals and pedophiles. Trump was asked during a press conference on Wednesday if he was concerned about the support he has been given by QAnon conspiracy theorists. He said he appreciates their support but admitted that he does not know much about the movement. "I don’t know much about the movement other than I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate. But I don’t know much about the movement. I have heard that it is gaining in popularity. ... I’ve heard these are people that love our country, and they just don't like seeing [riots]. So, I don't know really anything about it other than they do supposedly like me," Trump said. A reporter asked if he found it...
    Donald Trump claimed recently that “the ‘suburban housewife’ will be voting for me” in a declaration that some critics said was a not-so-subtle racist dog whistle about ensuring that the suburbs are white. But the so-called suburban housewives didn’t all agree with the president’s message and thousands of them gathered together to push back against Trump and promote his opponent Joe Biden, as a new report from the Daily Beast reveals. Since Trump’s declaration, multiple groups have been created on social media dedicated to women living outside of cities who don’t agree with Trump’s message or description of them. “Donald Trump used sexist language to describe us as ‘Suburban Housewives.’ He also said that we’d be voting for him. He’s wrong. This page is created for ALL women to share thoughts, express opinions and ELECT JOE BIDEN AND KAMALA HARRIS,” one group proclaims. Within a few days of its creation,...
    DENVER (AP) – The NFL is spending some $75 million on COVID-19 testing, and that’s one reason Broncos running back Phillip Lindsay agrees with the decisions by the Pac-12 and Big Ten to scrap football this fall to the chagrin of many players and coaches. “Honestly, it’s scary. And for those kids, they don’t have the protocols that we have,” Lindsay said. “They don’t have the money to get tested every day and to have this: People come in here and clean it every day. And you have a bunch of kids that aren’t just going to sit there and listen and stay at home. They’re going to be all around, especially if they’ve got to go to class. (Credit: CBS) “So, honestly I saw it coming. And until they can come up with (a therapy or vaccine) I don’t think those kids should play because it is real. I’ve...
    Congratulations are in order for rapper Gucci Mane and wife, Keyshia Ka’oir, as the couple is expecting their first child together. Ka’oir — a model and founder of KA’OIR Cosmetics — announced the news via Instagram in a racy post, revealing her baby bump while clad in black lace lingerie. Gucci followed up with his own post, sharing yet another sexy snap, simply captioning the flick, “My wife pregnant my life is great @keyshiakaoir ❤️????????.” The “Still Remember” artist, whose real name is Radric Delantic Davis, shares 13-year-old son, Keitheon, with ex Sheena Evans. Last summer, Davis agreed to pay Evans $10,000 per month in child support. He was also ordered to pay for new transportation for Evans and their son, as well as to make an undisclosed six-figure payment to cover back child support payments. Ka’oir, 35, also has children from a previous relationship, explaining on “The Breakfast...
    Barack Obama is sharing doubts about the ability of his former Vice President Joe Biden to win the 2020 election, according to a new report.    Tensions linger between the camps with the VP determined to prove the naysayers wrong after Obama backed former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as his successor in 2016, Politico states. While the former President has publicly backed Biden - albeit late in the day - he is said to be warning his inner circle that he may not be fit for office. 'Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f**k things up,' Obama has cautioned, according to one Democrat who spoke to Politico.   Obama allegedly cautioned insiders not to underestimate his VP's ability 'to f**k things up' Obama is said to have bemoaned Biden's lack of understanding for much of the Democratic electorate.  The former president allegedly told one former Democratic candidate that he was struggling to...
    Dolly Parton has issued a rare political statement voicing her support for the Black Lives Matter movement.  In an interview with Billboard magazine, published on Thursday, the country music icon, 74, said she appreciated the millions of Americans taking to the streets to protest for racial reform following the death of black man George Floyd.  'I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen,' she stated.  'And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white a**es are the only ones that matter? No!' Throughout her five-decade career, Parton has been largely apolitical - often refusing to giver her opinion on various politicians and policies.  Dolly Parton has issued a rare political statement voicing her support for the Black Lives Matter movement. The 74-year-old is pictured late last year  Black Lives Matter protesters have been taking to the streets across America since late...
    Country music legend Dolly Parton voiced her support for Black Lives Matter and the protesters pushing for change in America.Parton was featured in a story in the August 15, 2020, issue of Billboard magazine.In an interview with the magazine, she said she had not personally attended any of the recent protests, but she supported them."I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen," she said. "And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white (expletive) are the only ones that matter? No!"In fact, in 2018 the singer took out the term "Dixie" from her Civil-War themed family dinner show attraction previously known as the "Dixie Stampede."Parton said she learned that the word was offensive and decided it should be changed. The event is now known as "Dolly Parton's Stampede.""There's such a thing as innocent ignorance, and so many of us are guilty of that,"...
    National treasure Dolly Parton has made a rare political statement, coming out in support of the Black Lives Matter movement. Parton, 74, made the statement to Billboard in an expansive feature published Thursday. “I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen,” she said of the protests that erupted across the United States in response to the police killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor. “And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!” The colorful quote comes after the revelation that Parton was ahead of the curve when it comes to country music re-brandings: In 2018, she renamed her Dixie Stampede dinner attraction in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, “Dolly Parton’s Stampede.” “When they said ‘Dixie’ was an offensive word, I thought, ‘Well, I don’t want to offend anybody. This is a business. We’ll just call...
    National treasure Dolly Parton has made a rare political statement, coming out in support of the Black Lives Matter movement. Parton, 74, made the statement to Billboard in an expansive feature published Thursday. “I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen,” she said of the protests that erupted across the United States in response to the police killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor. “And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!” The colorful quote comes after the revelation that Parton was ahead of the curve when it comes to country music re-brandings: In 2018, she renamed her Dixie Stampede dinner attraction in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, “Dolly Parton’s Stampede.” “When they said ‘Dixie’ was an offensive word, I thought, ‘Well, I don’t want to offend anybody. This is a business. We’ll just call it...
    Actress Jodie Turner-Smith announced she and her husband, actor Joshua Jackson, had an at-home birth for their child in April, citing “systemic racism” in the United States. "We had already decided on a home birth, because of concerns about negative birth outcomes for black women in America — according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the risk of pregnancy-related deaths is more than 3 times greater for black women than for white women, pointing, it seems to me, to systemic racism," Turner-Smith said in British Vogue’s September 2020 edition. Turner-Smith, a model and star of the movie Queen & Slim, said that having their daughter at home allowed for her to have Jackson, a white actor known for his roles in Dawson’s Creek and Fringe, and others in the room amid the pandemic. “We never imagined that in the coming weeks, hospitals around the country would begin...
    Thursday on CNN, network political commentator Van Jones predicted President Donald Trump’s attacks on presumptive Democratic vice-presidential nominee Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) as an angry Black woman would backfire. Earlier during a Fox Business interview, Trump called Harris “a madwoman” who is “so angry.” Jones said, “They do not know how to deal with Kamala Harris. I mean, bottom line, that is just not effective, calling her a mad woman when you saw yesterday she was anything but that. It definitely — what they’re about to do is create such a backlash of support for Kamala. Once you go down the angry black woman thing even African-Americans who are holding back, ‘what about the criminal justice piece?’ Now you’re creating a wave of sympathy and empathy and solidarity for her, and frankly, don’t forget, this summer was demonstrated by the millions that it’s not just black people by ourselves. You have...
    DONALD Trump Jr has accused the Biden family of being as corrupt as the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. His comments came after Joe Biden's son Hunter reportedly settled a $450,000 tax debt within six days last month, according to a new report. 4Don Jr. accuses the Biden family of giving Hillary Clinton a run for her money when it comes to corruptionCredit: Getty - Contributor Donald Trump Jr, who is one of his father’s most prominent campaign surrogates, retweeted an article on Monday with a comment ripping Hunter Biden. His tweet reads: "Hunter Biden hit with a 450k lien! Barely a peep in the media! Biden family gives Hillary Clinton a run for her money when it comes to corruption." According to Washington Free Beacon reported Monday, Hunter was slapped with the hefty lien of $453,890 on July 9 by the District of Columbia for unpaid state income...
    Monday on CNN’s “OutFront,” former Gov. John Kasich (R-OH), who is set to speak in support of Joe Biden for president at the Democratic National Convention, said Evangelicals’ support for Trump was not “consistent with the things that they believe in as promoted in the Old and New Testament.” Kasich pointed to Democratic presidential nominee former Vice President Joe Biden’s faith as a determining factor in his support. Kasich said, “I would encourage other Republicans to know that it is okay to take off a partisan hat, take off your partisan hat and vote on the basis of what your conscience tells you about the future of our country, not just for yourself but for your kids as well.” He continued, “I believe Biden can bring us together. I’ll disagree with Joe on things, and they expected that when they asked me to do this. I said yeah, there are things I’ll disagree...
    Conservative activist Terry Schilling said Monday that President Donald Trump can’t be shy about opposing transgender males competing in women’s sports because a majority of Americans are on his side. “We need to push the Republican Party to run hard on these issues because there is no losing in this whatsoever,” Schilling told Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” “The thing about this issue is frankly I don’t know why people aren’t picking this up. We just got done with a poll — we surveyed over 7,000 people in the top ten swing states across the country. We found that three-quarters of Americans including 53% of Joe Biden’s own supporters oppose allowing transgender boys, that is boys that identify as girls, to compete in women’s athletics. This is a super majority,” Schilling told Carlson. (RELATED: We Spoke With This Former Olympian About Transgender Athletes. Here’s What She Said) The executive...
    Ellen DeGeneres’ brother — producer and writer Vance DeGeneres — is coming to her defense amid accusations of a “toxic” workplace at her eponymous talk show. Vance called attacks on his famous sibling “bulls–t” in one of two heartfelt social media posts Tuesday. “If you think Ellen would knowingly allow bullying or racism on her show, you don’t know my sister,” her brother, 65, wrote in a s upportive Twitter post. “She has been and continues to be a bright light in a dark world. She’s one of the kindest, most generous people you’ll ever meet. And one of the funniest.” Ellen, 62, has recently faced accusations of behind-the-scenes sexual misconduct, racism and more on the part of the show’s staff. The allegations fly in the public face of the longtime show host, who encourages viewers to “be kind.” On Tuesday, Vance also took to Facebook with an...
    ABC Updated: 08/04/2020 16: 01h Save King Juan Carlos He is already in the Dominican Republic after the statement that was released this Monday announcing his departure from the country to facilitate the reign of his son Felipe VI after the commotion surrounding the accusations made by his examiner Corinna Larsen. After making a stop in Sanxenxo (Pontevedra) and traveling by car to Porto, he took a flight to Santo Domingo, as ABC revealed, to probably meet his friend Pepe Fanjul, son of Alfonso Fanjul and Lillian Rosa Gómez-Mena,and his wife, Emilia. Pepe Fanjul and Don Juan Carlos Their friendship story goes back decades since the sister of Pepe Fanjul’s grandmother, Edelmira Sampedro, was married to Alfonso Borbón y Battenberg, eldest son of Alfonso XIII, the grandfather of Don Juan Carlos. Hence they are like brothers. The Fanjul are a family of Spanish descendants who emigrated to Cuba and...
    Well over three-quarters of Americans would support a nationwide mask mandate, a Hill-HarrisX survey revealed on Monday. The survey, taken July 26-27 among 948 registered voters, asked, “Would you support or oppose a national mandate to wear a face mask?” A hefty majority, 82 percent, said they would support such a mandate. Only 18 percent opposed. Of the 82 percent, 61 percent said they would “strongly” support the measure, and 21 percent said they would “somewhat” support it. Voters appear to be united on the issue across various age groups, races, and party lines. A majority of Republicans, 66 percent, indicated they would support a nationwide mask mandate, as did 85 percent of independents and 93 percent of Democrats. Dritan Nesho, chief researcher and CEO at HarrisX, told Hill.TV that a national mask mandate is “less of a partisan issue than you would think.” “Two-thirds of Republicans and over eight in 10...
    Families of Chicago police officers and their supporters took to the streets of the city’s Mount Greenwood neighborhood to call on Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) and other residents to support the Chicago Police Department on Sunday. The dozens who joined the “Walk to Support CPD” said that Chicago’s finest have been going through a rough couple of months, from protests to an uptick in summer violent crime, and said they wanted to show support, WLS reported. “You see these guys are out here and these women out here serving, and you don’t know if they’re going to go home tonight,” said Donna Marquez, whose brother, Officer Donald Marquez, was killed in the line of duty. “They don’t even know it. They pray they will. We pray they will.” Those at Sunday’s rally also looked to criticize Lightfoot for her “lack of support” for the police as Chicago gun violence continues...
    DONALD Trump Jr has slammed likely Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden for "kowtowing" to the "radical" defund the police movement. The eldest son of President Trump took to Twitter to slam his father's likely 2020 rival, claiming Biden has said "Yes, absolutely!" to redirecting the nation's police funding. ⚠️ Follow our US election 2020 live blog for the latest news & updates 5Donald Trump Jr shared a tweet claiming Joe Biden supports defunding the policeCredit: Splash News 5Biden's campaign said he does not support defunding, but reforming, police departmentsCredit: AFP or licensors "Biden has kowtowed to the radical Defund the Police movement, pledging 'Yes, absolutely!" to redirecting police funding and pledging to 'reimagine' policing as part of the new Biden-Sanders party platform," Trump Jr wrote. He also shared a link to a press release on his father's website that further slams Biden. "President Trump is correct in his...
    Halley Farwood August 2, 2020 2:00PM (UTC) If you are anxious, stressed, or depressed about the coronavirus pandemic, you're in good company. Many of us could use some professional counseling right now, but social isolation practices have made therapists' offices inaccessible just about everywhere. The solution? Teletherapy.  Teletherapy (or "telemental health") is therapy conducted through video conferencing. Right now, it may be the safest way to receive counseling.  Typically, you won't need to purchase any special equipment or software; if your computer or phone has a front-facing camera and a microphone, you have everything you need. : But talking to a therapist in front of a screen may seem weird, especially for those of us who are used to in-person healthcare. As a clinical psychologist, part of my work lately has been helping assuage concerns and answer questions about teletherapy, and letting people know what to expect. I've assembled...
    Submit your letter to the editor via this form. Read more Letters to the Editor. Money takes priority over lives in baseball For several reasons, I’ve become disenchanted with major league sports. Major League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred reinforced my view after several Miami Marlins players were found to have COVID-19. Instead of promising to tighten safety protocols for his players or give his heartfelt apologies to the players and their families he stated the following: “I don’t see this as a nightmare. We built protocols to continue to play” and “That’s why we have the pool of additional players.” It reminded me of a war movie where men are pinned down in a bunker with bullets flying everywhere. After the lieutenant orders a group of men to take the hill and they’re all gunned down, he sends the next group of men. Manfred’s planning was all about knowing players...
    THIS was supposed to be a good news story about the success of the Mitsubishi Outlander, having just clocked up 50,000 UK sales. But Mitsubishi shocked the car world this week by announcing it would “freeze the introduction of all new models” into the UK and Europe. 6Outlander PHEV — not just Britain’s best-selling plug-in hybrid, but also across Europe as well That basically means that, by the end of 2021, the Japanese firm will no longer sell new cars in the UK. If you are a current customer or have a new model ordered — there are 15,000 in stock in the UK — don’t panic. You will continue to receive full support in terms of service, repair, warranty, parts and accessories well into the future. Manufacturers are legally obliged to support new cars for ten years with a full service and parts service. Colt Car Company, the UK...
    After multiple rounds of voting that ran for weeks, Stapleton residents have chosen Central Park as the new name for their neighborhood, ditching the moniker the development took almost three decades ago, when it was built on the former home of Denver's first municipal airfield, named after Benjamin Stapleton, a leading member of the Ku Klux Klan who was elected mayor of Denver in 1923 with the KKK's help. "We’re saying here in our neighborhood that we don’t support racism, we don’t support social injustices, and we don’t support anything that is representative of that," Angela Williams, a state senator and resident of Stapleton, said during a Zoom call to announce the name. Central Park received 63 percent of the votes, beating out Skyview as the top choice in the final round of voting that wrapped up on July 30. A total of 5,834 votes were counted.Related Stories Stapleton's New...
    By contrast, the state does very little to support pregnant people and ensure families thrive once a child is born. Alabama opted out of the Affordable Care Act's expansion of Medicaid, leaving many people uninsured.  The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists says that uninsured women receive less prenatal care and are more likely to experience adverse outcomes, including low birth weight and infant mortality. The state also refuses to provide reasonable accommodations for pregnant workers and offers only unpaid family leave, capped at 12 weeks.  The situation is very similar in Texas, which also has a 22-week ban — and the second-highest amount of abortion restrictions in the country. Like Alabama, Texas opted out of the Medicaid expansion. The state also used the pandemic as an excuse to ban abortions. According to the investigative website ProPublica, the state has the highest rate of uninsured women of reproductive age in the...
    Samantha Lee/Insider Plan to break the news to your friend as early as possible to give her time to process your decision. When you tell her, stress that it was a tough call to make, but it isn't a reflection of your friendship. Offer to support your friend from afar, by sending a care package, helping her with pre-wedding tasks, and making yourself available for virtual emotional support. Have a question for Julia? Fill out this anonymous form. All questions will be published anonymously. You can read more Doing It Right here.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. My childhood friend asked me to be her bridesmaid almost a year ago. I happily agreed and joined her and the other bridesmaids to purchase our dresses. Of course, this was all before the coronavirus pandemic. Although the reception is being rescheduled to next year, the wedding will...
    Democratic Georgia state Rep. Vernon Jones gave MSNBC host Craig Melvin a fiery response after Melvin asked the Trump campaign surrogate if he was being paid to support the president’s reelection campaign. “Are you a paid campaign surrogate?” Melvin asked Jones during a segment of his program. “Let me be clear. You get paid to shape a liberal narrative. You get paid to attack this president. I don’t get a dime from this president,” Jones responded in clear outrage. Melvin, raising his eyebrows, attempting to move on, acknowledged Melvin’s response. “Asked and answered,” Melvin said. Jones didn’t stop. “Everything that I’ve done is based on me and my principles. See, that’s the problem. Whenever an African American…” Melvin replied indignantly: “No, no, whoa, whoa, I did not raise your race — you’re not going to imply that I asked that question because you’re black.” Jones responded, “So don’t ask me...
    Georgia State Rep. Vernon Jones on Friday reacted to an MSNBC anchor asking him whether or not he was paid to support President Trump's candidacy. “I was surprised, but, at the same time I know it's very widespread throughout the liberal media and throughout the Democratic Party that African-Americans with independent voices and conservative leanings, there is no place for them and they’re pushed out,” Jones told “Fox & Friends First.” Jones said that Black people who “attempt to come off of the plantation,” which is a phrase connoting those straying away from the Democratic Party to conservatism, are called a “sellout and shamed” as if they were being paid to do so. “It’s just outrageous. It’s just crazy. It just shows the bigotry throughout the liberal media and the Democratic Party,” Jones said. SANDMANN ATTORNEY CALLS CNN’S BRIAN STELTER A ‘LIAR,’ CHALLENGES HIM TO SUE FOR DEFAMATION  Jones told MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin that he (Melvin) is...
    Democratic State Rep. Vernon Jones tore into MSNBC’s Craig Melvin Wednesday after being asked if he supports President Donald Trump because he is “being compensated.” Jones spoke on “MSNBC Live with Craig Melvin” about why black Americans are succeeding amid the Trump presidency. The interview quickly took a sour turn, with Melvin questioning whether Jones is “a paid campaign surrogate” after voicing support for Trump. “Are you being compensated?” Melvin added. (RELATED: JONES: I Am Black And I Am A Democrat. But ‘I Ain’t’ Voting For Joe Biden This November) “Let me be clear,” Jones quickly responded. “You get paid to shape a liberal narrative. You get paid to attack this president. I don’t get a dime for this president. I don’t get a dime from the campaign. Everything I’ve done has been me and based on my principles. And see, that’s the problem. When an African American …” WATCH: ...
    Georgia Democratic State Rep. Vernon Jones slammed MSNBC host Craig Melvin on Wednesday after Melvin asked Jones if the reason that he supported President Donald Trump was because he was being paid. “Are you a paid campaign surrogate?” Melvin asked. “Are you being compensated?” “Let me be clear. You get paid to shape a liberal narrative. You get paid to attack this president,” Jones fired back. “I don’t get a dime for this president. I don’t get a dime from the campaign. Everything I’ve done has been me and based on my principles.” “And see, that’s the problem, when an African American that’s an [elected official]–” Jones continued before Melvin cut him off. “Sir, I did not raise your race,” Melvin said as the bickering intensified. “Let me finish now,” Jones said. “Let me finish.” “No, no, wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Melvin continued to interrupt. “You’re not going to imply that...
    On Monday, Douglas County Sheriff Dan Coverley of Nevada advised the county library to “please .. not feel the need to call 911 for help,” given their apparent forthcoming support for the far-left Black Lives Matter movement, which explicitly calls for the defunding of police nationally. “Due to your support of Black Lives Matter and the obvious lack of support or trust with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, please do not feel the need to call 911 for help,” Coverley wrote in a letter addressed to the Douglas County Public Library Board of Trustees. “I wish you good luck with disturbances and lewd behavior, since those are just some of the recent calls my office has assisted you with in the past.” Fox News reported that Mr. Coverley’s letter came in response to a special meeting among the Douglas County Public Library Board of Trustees that would include the consideration of “adopting a diversity statement...
    Democratic Georgia Rep. Vernon Jones told MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin that he is “paid to shape a liberal narrative” during a heated interview on Wednesday in which the lawmaker took exception to a question about whether or not he’s compensated to support President Trump. Jones, who a member of Black Voices for Trump Advisory Board, was asked by MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin if he is paid to support Trump as a Democrat. "Are you a paid campaign surrogate? Are you being compensated?" Melvin bluntly asked. SANDMANN ATTORNEY CALLS CNN’S BRIAN STELTER A ‘LIAR,’ CHALLENGES HIM TO SUE FOR DEFAMATION  “Let me be clear. You get paid to shape a liberal narrative. You get paid to attack this president,” Jones shot back. "I don’t get a dime for this president. I don’t get a dime from the campaign. Everything I’ve done has been me and based on my principles.” Jones then started to discuss how African Americans are expected to oppose Trump but Melvin...
    MSNBC anchor Craig Melvin asked Georgia state legislator Vernon Jones (D) if he supports President TrumpDonald John TrumpBiden hits Trump's 'law and order' message: He's trying to 'scare the devil' out of people Pelosi bashes Barr after testimony: 'He was like a blob' and 'henchman' for Trump Schumer: Trump should want COVID-19 deal to help GOP election chances MORE only because he's "being compensated," leading to a fiery response from Jones in an interview that aired on the network Wednesday morning. Jones joined Melvin on MSNBC where the discussion quickly went off-the-rails. "Are you a paid campaign surrogate? Are you being compensated?" Melvin asked Jones. July 29: After Democrat @RepVernonJones used FACTS to explain why Black Americans aredoing better under President Trump, Craig Melvin asked:"Are you being compensated [by the Trump campaign]?"Vernon Jones fired back: "You only ask me that because I don't fit your narrative." pic.twitter.com/9UaNLHeVme— Abigail...
    The widow of a New York City Police Sergeant who was killed by an ex-convict in the Bronx in 2016 on Saturday urged the men and women in blue to not “back down” and to “keep fighting,” as violent anti-police protests are taking place across the country. The U.S. protests began after George Floyd, a black man, was killed while in police custody in Minneapolis, but have devolved into riots in cities across the country, where police are often targets of violent attacks by Antifa and groups linked to the political organization Black Lives Matter. The New York Post reported on Lisa Tuozzolo, whose husband Paul was shot in the head while on duty, and her speech at a rally in support of police that drew about 1,000 people in East Meadow, Long Island, over the weekend. “We will keep fighting,” the widow told the group gathered for an event...
    Presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s deal with supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) was never officially finalized, despite overt efforts on the part of Biden’s campaign to include Sanders supporters at the highest levels of his presidential effort. Now, Sanders delegates — more than 360 in total — say they may not be willing to play along with the more moderate candidate’s proposed party platform, and they’re pledging to withhold support of the if the Democrats don’t include an explicit endorsement of Sanders’ “Medicare-for-All” plan. “More than 360 delegates, most of whom back Sanders, have signed on to a pledge to vote against the Democratic Party’s platform if it does not include support for ‘Medicare for All,'” POLITICO reported Monday. “They argue that single-payer health care is an urgent priority amid a worldwide pandemic and the biggest unemployment crisis since the Great Depression.” “This pandemic has shown us...
    Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) told The Washington Post on Sunday he won’t confirm any Supreme Court justice nominee who do not have a record noting that Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided.  “I will vote only for those Supreme Court nominees who have explicitly acknowledged that Roe v. Wade is wrongly decided,” Hawley told The Post. “By explicitly acknowledged, I mean on the record and before they were nominated.” “I don’t want private assurances from candidates. I don’t want to hear about their personal views, one way or another. I’m not looking for forecasts about how they may vote in the future or predications. I don’t want any of that. I want to see on the record, as part of their record, that they have acknowledged in some forum that Roe v. Wade, as a legal matter, is wrongly decided,” he said.  Hawley’s decision to focus on abortion in the...
    Fact check: Trump falsely suggests kids dont transmit coronavirus and that US case surge in part due to protests and Mexican migration 5 Beloved Restaurants Debuting New Menu Items While Cutting Others Lack of fans will force NBA players to support each other more LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — The Los Angeles Clippers were minutes away from winning their opening scrimmage of the NBA restart against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George sat on the bench as onlookers after subbing out for the afternoon. Reserve guard Rodney McGruder drove to the basket aggressively and converted a difficult layup while drawing the foul with 2:09 left in the scrimmage. The Clippers’ bench erupted. Players stood up and forcefully exulted, sending echoes through the building. That was the loudest point of the game. With no fans in attendance due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the scrimmage provided a...
    Queen Letizia and King Felipe VI of Spain put safety first as they headed to the movies in Madrid on Saturday night.  Letizia, 47, and Felipe VI, 52, who were not accompanied by their two daughters Princess Leonor, 14 and Princess  Sofia, 13, enjoyed some alone time after their marathon tour of Spain.  The royals put on a casual display in jeans and t-shirts -  and both were wearing mask in accordance with government guidelines.  The visit aimed to encourage members of the public to head to the cinemas in support of the Spanish film industry.  Queen Letizia of Spain, 47, and her husband Felipe VI, 52, cut casual figures as they headed to a multiplex in Madrid to enjoy a film The couple put safety first by donning face masks, while Letizia could be seen selecting the tickets from the machine Even for a night out with...
    BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Lewis Hamilton demanded more support from Formula One’s governing body and urged other drivers to make more of an effort in the fight against racism, after some drivers took a knee and others again did not in disorganized scenes before Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix. As in the previous two races this season, all drivers were supposed to gather before the national anthem to stand while wearing “End Racism” T-shirts. Hamilton and others, such as his Mercedes teammate Valtteri Bottas and Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel, took a knee while others appeared to be hurriedly arriving late and not even in position. It meant that before the drivers were all gathered together as one, the anthem had started and Hamilton and those kneeling had to quickly stand up out of respect for the host country. “There definitely is not enough support for it. From a driver’s point of view,...
    By SEAN MURPHY, Associated Press OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — One day after announcing an agreement in principle with Oklahoma’s attorney general on proposed federal legislation regarding tribal jurisdiction, the leaders of two of five major Native American tribes indicated Friday that they don't support the deal. Muscogee (Creek) Nation Principal Chief David Hill and Seminole Nation Chief Greg P. Chilcoat both said they're not in agreement with the document released Thursday by Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter. The agreement announced Thursday with leaders of the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee (Creek) and Seminole nations came after the high court ruled last week that much of eastern Oklahoma remains an Indian reservation. The agreement was not legally binding, but was a framework for proposed federal legislation. “As the chief, I very much believe that collaboration between federal, state and tribal governments is critical and necessary following the Supreme Court's decision," Hill wrote...
    James Harden #13 of the Houston Rockets looks on during the first half of the game against the Boston Celtics at TD Garden on February 29, 2020 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images) Looks like James Harden may be the latest celebrity getting the side-eye from social justice activists after he seemingly wore a mask showing support for the Blue Lives Matter movement. READ MORE: Nick Cannon concerns fans with cryptic tweets after podcast scandal According to Fox News, on Friday the Houston Rockets star responded to the backlash after he was pictured wearing a “Thin Blue Line” mask while arriving at the NBA bubble. James Harden: "It was just something that covered my whole beard. I thought it looked cool. That was it." Harden said hes in process of determining how he will voice his support for the Black Lives Matter while in NBA bubble,...
    Despite what the current polling shows, voters view 2020 presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden as "too much of an empty vessel" to elect him into office in November, "Fox & Friends Weekend" co-host Pete Hegseth asserted Thursday. In an interview on "Varney & Co," Hegseth explained that while he thinks a Biden victory is possible, the odds of the former vice president returning to the White House are slim. BIDEN LEADS IN NEW SWING STATE POLL BUT MAJORITY SAY 'SECRET TRUMP VOTERS' COULD TILT ELECTION "I think there’s too much time. President Trump has accomplished too much," Hegseth said, calling Biden "completely incapable." "There might be people that don’t love how COVID-19 has been handled in every way, they don’t love, you know, the clashes in the streets so they are uncertain right now," he explained. "But when the contrast comes down to that month before the vote, and you say 'do you support law enforcement or not...do you believe...
    Donald Trump Jr. and his spokesman Andy Surabian are still being denied access to their Twitter accounts more than 12 hours after the social media platform suffered one of the largest hacking attacks in company history. “Since early evening yesterday, both Donald Trump Jr. and I have been locked out of our respective Twitter accounts,” Surabian told Daily Caller Thursday morning. “We haven’t heard anything from Twitter on how/why this happened or if they plan on doing anything to rectify the situation.” (RELATED: Hackers Compromise Joe Biden, Barack Obama’s Twitter Accounts, Promote Bitcoin Scam) CINCINNATI, OH – AUGUST 01: Donald Trump Jr.  (Photo by Andrew Spear/Getty Images) Twitter temporarily locked every verified “blue check” account Wednesday evening after hackers infiltrated numerous high profile accounts, including former President Barack Obama and former Vice President Joe Biden, and posted cash-for-bitcoin scam messages. The company’s investigation revealed the hackers gained access to “internal...
    ‘We’re focused on the paper returns’: As the IRS reopens offices — how long will it take to receive your tax refund? Dean Moon’s AA/Fuel Dragster Found After 43 Years. These Teens Support Black Lives Matter — But Their Parents Don’t © Ira L. Black - Corbis As the Black Lives Matter movement gains unprecedented support and coverage in the wake of the police killing of George Floyd, families are reckoning with differing perspectives on policing and systemic racism. Claudia Conway is directly contradicting the views of her mother, Kellyanne Conway, senior counselor to President Trump. Through a series of TikToks, tweets, and Instagram stories, the 15-year-old has made her position clear: She is pro-BLM and anti-Trump. As the Conways fight their familial battle in public, similar conflicts are playing out across the country. Anastassia, a 17-year-old from Texas, has been clashing with her parents, community, and classmates for...
    Civil rights attorney Leo Terrell, a former Democrat, opened up to the Daily Caller’s Stephanie Hamill about being “shunned” by colleagues and friends for recently expressing support for President Donald Trump. “My colleagues have shunned me, they don’t talk to me, they don’t text me anymore,” said Terrell. “I don’t care, I don’t care.” He went on to explain that he’s not going to be a “sell out” and that he finds it offensive that some people expect African Americans to give their votes to the Democratic Party. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: ‘Mayhem And Lawlessness’ — Rand Paul Compares Protesters Tearing Down Statues To The Taliban.) He also discussed why he doesn’t support the Black Lives Matter Movement or the effort to defund the police. WATCH: The views and opinions expressed in this commentary are those of the author and do not reflect the official position of The Daily Caller.  Check...
    LEWIS HAMILTON vowed to continue his support for the Black Lives Matter movement after his commanding win in the Styrian Grand Prix. The world champion stood on the podium with his fist in the air and his head bowed in an echo to the Black Power gesture seen at the 1968 Olympic Games. 3Lewis Hamilton was one of the drivers taking a knee on the Red Bull Ring gridCredit: Getty Images - Getty 3The Brit later raised a fist as he stood atop the podiumCredit: EPA American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos both raised a fist in Mexico City in a poignant display to promote equal rights. But while Hamilton was at least able to hammer home the point - F1's message was shambolic. Hamilton and 11 other drivers, dressed in black t-shirts, took a knee ahead of the race, along with the team of mechanics who work on...
    Although his dispensary emphasizes treating all people politely and avoiding political discussions, after dealing with another rude customer in a MAGA hat, budtender and comic Byron Graham had to vent, and did so not in the store, but in "Trumpsters Don't Deserve Legal Weed." Asks Graham: "How can someone who signals his allegiance to the ostensible party of law and order with his very headwear avail himself of freedoms that he didn't vote to earn and his chosen representatives have fought to take away? How do these men — who tacitly support the worst abuses of the War on Drugs and explicitly support a president who's exploited fear of drug traffickers as a smokescreen to separate migrant families and lock children in cages — not get it? How can they so nakedly flout federal law without the slightest fear of comeuppance or twinge of sympathy for victims of police brutality?"...
    Ultimate Fighting Championship star Jorge Masvidal offered up support to the Goya Foods company after it was targeted with a boycott following the CEO’s positive words about President Trump. “Actions of @GoyaFoods speak louder than the #woke mob,” Masvidal tweeted Saturday along with a news article about the company donating millions of pounds of food to Puerto Rican victims of Hurricane Maria. “My people don’t get influenced by those that don’t know. They’ve been helping our people when we needed it most.” Actions of @GoyaFoods speak louder than the #woke mob. My people don’t get influenced by those that don’t know. They’ve been helping our people when we needed it most https://t.co/lXYpUcu7uh— Jorge Masvidal UFC (@GamebredFighter) July 11, 2020 Masvidal, who is of Cuban and Peruvian descent, posted his tweet as Goya Foods, the largest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States, faces a boycott pushed by several prominent Democrats...
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — NFL Hall of Famer Jerome Bettis weighed in on the Washington Redskins’ name and why it is time the team changes its name. Bettis, known as “The Bus,” made the comments during a Question and Answer session Friday. “You don’t realize that it’s a derogatory name because you’re not a Native American, so you don’t understand the significance,” Bettis said. “It’s much like as an African American man, a lot of people may not understand what some words mean and are offensive to me, to my culture. So it’s the same exact situation. We weren’t understanding, and probably a little bit of being naive or disingenuous and not wanting to really know, but I think times have changed and it’s time for a change in Washington.” Bettis played as a running back for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1993 to 2005.
    "Socialists" on Seattle's City Council are holding a "reasonable majority" of residents hostage by threatening to slash police spending by 50 percent, a union leader said Saturday. "It's absolutely a travesty," said Seattle Police Officers Guild President Michael Solan, appearing on "Fox & Friends Weekend." SEATTLE CITY COUNCIL SEEMS READY TO DEFUND POLICE BY 50 PERCENT Solan warned that the defund police push in Seattle is "leading the way in how public safety will be conducted from this day forward" nationwide. Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best talks with activists near a plywood-covered and closed Seattle police precinct Tuesday, June 9, 2020, in Seattle, following protests over the death of George Floyd, a black man who was in police custody in Minneapolis. Under pressure from city councilors, protesters and dozens of other elected leaders who have demanded that officers dial back their tactics, the police department on Monday removed barricades near its East Precinct building in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, where...
    (CNN)President Donald Trump's Portsmouth, New Hampshire, rally has been delayed, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said Friday.McEnany told reporters aboard Air Force One that the rally would be postponed a week or two due to the impending thunderstorms in the area. The rally was slated to be held outside at an airplane hangar amid the coronavirus pandemic.Trump commented on Tropical Storm Fay ahead of his departure for Florida earlier Friday, saying he was monitoring the storm, which is expected to hit the East Coast. New Hampshire is also expecting thunderstorms.Ahead of the now-postponed Saturday rally, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway appeared to downplay crowd expectations, claiming that "millions" of supporters are staying home because they already support Trump and don't need to see him in person amid a pandemic."People will decide whether they want to go. I think there are so many millions, literally, of Trump-Pence voters who don't...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – City of Miami Mayor Francis Suarez continues to blast the decision of County Mayor Carlos Gimenez to scale back restaurants to outdoor dining. He says not enough information was shared with the league of cities. “I don’t support the decision the way that it was done and I don’t support it because it lacked the fundamental evidence. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t support it if the evidence was there but I don’t support it in the way that it happened,” Suarez said. More than 20 mayors voted on a resolution condemning the order. A joint statement reads in part: “City mayors are requesting future decisions be made on scientific evidence and data. Additionally, the resolution states that moving forward city mayors and industry leaders should be consulted as part of the decision making process.” Ani Meinhold, the owner and general manager of Phuc Yea in Miami,...
    Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., told “America’s Newsroom” on Thursday that he doesn’t agree with New York Attorney General Letitia James’ “broad statement” that “New Yorkers have lost faith in law enforcement.” James released a preliminary report regarding her office’s ongoing investigation into the NYPD’s response to last month’s protests, highlighting disparities between its treatment of White people and communities of color, and calling for a change-up of the department’s command structure, more diversity among leadership and the “redesign” of police’s role in society. James released her office’s “Preliminary Report in Ongoing Investigation into NYPD Response to Recent Protests,” in a tweet on Wednesday afternoon, writing, “it is impossible to deny that many New Yorkers have lost faith in law enforcement.” When asked if he agrees with the assessment that New Yorkers don’t trust the police to do their jobs fairly Zeldin said, “That's a broad statement, you shouldn't be speaking for the entire state.”...
    The White House did not immediately respond to an inquiry about Duke's tweets. In February 2016, Duke, a white nationalist, told his supporters that voting against Donald Trump was "really treason to your heritage." "I'm not saying I endorse everything about Trump," he explained. "In fact, I haven't formally endorsed him. But I do support his candidacy, and I support voting for him as a strategic action. I hope he does everything we hope he will do." Trump disavowed the endorsement initially, but when asked about the endorsement in a CNN interview that week, Trump refused to condemn him. "I don't know anything about David Duke. I don't know what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacist. I don't know." Trump said he would not condemn "a group that I know nothing about." But Trump was feigning ignorance. In 2000, after deciding not to proceed with a...
    Caitlyn Jenner has opened up on how a small gesture by pop superstar Lady Gaga helped her cope with the stress and trauma of publicly admitting her transition. Jenner says that she was terrified at how the world would react when she appeared on an ABC News special with Diane Sawyer to reveal that she was transgender in April 2015. And in a new interview the former Olympic decathlon gold medalist opened up on how coming out and going through a transition was not an easy process, but riddled with doubts. Reality star Jenner, speaking to a new show called Hollywood Disclosure with Serena DC, also denied claims that her family were divided at the time. In a new interview, the former Olympic decathlon gold medalist opened up on how coming out and going through a transition was not an easy process Jenner says Lady Gaga was first...