Thursday, Mar 04, 2021 - 03:29:17
108 results - (0.002 seconds)

be convicted:

Bruno Dey, a former Nazi guard, covers his face with a green folder during trial. Reuters A 93-year-old man, Bruno Dey, was convicted of 5,232 counts of accessory to murder for the time he served as a guard at the Stutthof concentration camp between 1944 and 1945, CBS News reported. The Hamburg juvenile court convicted him, since Dey was 17 years old when he served. The court gave him a two-year suspended prison sentence on Thursday. More than 40 co-plaintiffs from around the world testified against the former Nazi guard during the trial. The verdict comes more than 75 years after the end of World War II, meaning it will likely be one of the last Nazi trials in history. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. When he was 17 years old, Bruno Dey served as an SS guard in a unit known as "Death's Head" at...
    Crooked ex-pol Sheldon Silver is scheduled to show up Monday afternoon before a Manhattan judge to be re-sentenced in a $4 million bribery scheme – after his request to appear via video feed was rejected. The disgraced longtime Assembly speaker failed in his bid last week to convince the federal judge to allow him to appear remotely because of the coronavirus pandemic. “The Courthouse has reopened to the public and implemented screening at entry, mask and social-distancing requirements, and sanitation protocols, among other precautions,” Judge Valerie Caproni wrote in her ruling. “This Court is currently holding in-person proceedings where those measures are all observed. Accordingly, it is the Court’s preference to conduct Mr. Silver’s re-sentencing at the Courthouse,” she added. Sheldon Silver leaving his home on Sunday. Silver was convicted of corruption charges in November 2015 and sentenced to 12 years in May 2016.Kevin C. Downs for New York Post...
    Disgraced former top state pol Sheldon Silver will be hauled before a Manhattan judge Monday to be re-sentenced in a $4 million bribery scheme. Lawyers for the convicted 76-year-old ex-Assembly speaker tried to convince a federal judge last week to allow him to appear by video feed for his sentencing because of the coronavirus, but the jurist balked. “The Courthouse has reopened to the public and implemented screening at entry, mask and social-distancing requirements, and sanitation protocols, among other precautions,” federal Judge Valerie Caproni wrote in her ruling. “This Court is currently holding in-person proceedings where those measures are all observed. Accordingly, it is the Court’s preference to conduct Mr. Silver’s re-sentencing at the Courthouse.” The shamed elderly con refused to comment to The Post on Sunday as he hopped in his car dressed in a blue polo shirt and wearing a mask outside his Grand Street home in...
    Rudy Giuliani has slammed New York Mayor Bill De Blasio's commission of a Black Lives Matter Mural outside Trump Tower and accused the group of being a terror organization.  'Black Lives Matter is an organization run by three Marxists and financed by a convicted terrorist – who I happened to have convicted, who got 58 years in jail and got a corrupt pardon from Bill Clinton,' Donald Trump's lawyer Giuliani said on Hannity on Friday. 'This is not a benign organization. I can’t say yet that we can prove it’s a terrorist organization. It's certainly a violent organization and I believe in the course of time it will be shown to be a terrorist organization,' he added. Black Lives Matter is an organized movement that advocates for non-violent civil disobedience to protest police brutality against African-American people.  Rudy Giuliani blasted the Black Lives Matter movement on Friday on Hannity on...
    KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee man who was freed last year after spending 12 years in prison for a killing he says he didn't commit should be exonerated of the crime, the Tennessee Board of Parole determined. The board voted unanimously Wednesday to make that recommendation to Gov. Bill Lee in the case of Adam Braseel, who was charged in the 2006 bludgeoning of Malcolm Burrows, the Knoxville News Sentinel reported. The vote came after Braseel's legal team argued his innocence in the killing during video conference hearing that lasted almost seven hours. No one witnessed Burrow's killing along a rural road in Grundy County, but his sister told authorities a red-headed man lured her brother away and returned to beat her so severely she suffered brain damage. The red-headed Braseel was convicted of murder despite no physical evidence tying him to the scene and sentenced to life in...
    KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Tennessee man who was freed last year after spending 12 years in prison for a killing he says he didn’t commit should be exonerated of the crime, the Tennessee Board of Parole determined. The board voted unanimously Wednesday to make that recommendation to Gov. Bill Lee in the case of Adam Braseel, who was charged in the 2006 bludgeoning of Malcolm Burrows, the Knoxville News Sentinel reported. The vote came after Braseel’s legal team argued his innocence in the killing during video conference hearing that lasted almost seven hours. No one witnessed Burrow’s killing along a rural road in Grundy County, but his sister told authorities a red-headed man lured her brother away and returned to beat her so severely she suffered brain damage. The red-headed Braseel was convicted of murder despite no physical evidence tying him to the scene and sentenced to life...
    The widow of Rayshard Brooks says she is glad the police officer who shot dead her husband has been charged but she is now praying he will be convicted - as she opened up on facing Father's Day without him.  Atlanta police officer Garret Rolfe, 27, was charged on Wednesday on 11 counts including felony murder over the father-of-three's shooting death last week in a Wendy's parking lot. Brooks' widow, Tomika Miller, told NBC's Today on Thursday that while she was relieved about the charges, nothing would bring her husband back.  'I'm glad about the charges but I want to see them go through,' she said. 'No matter how many charges they face, it's not going to bring him back.  'It's very emotional. Father's Day is coming up and all I can keep thinking about is my husband won't be here.  'There's not gonna be a day where I see him walk through the...
    Philonise Floyd advocated capital punishment for police officers involved in the death of his brother, George Floyd, whose viral encounter with police officers prompted mass protests around the country. "These officers, they need to be arrested right now. They need to be arrested and be held accountable about everything, because these people want justice right now," he said on Thursday, referring to the protesters. When CNN's "New Day" asked what justice would look like, he added: "Justice is these guys need to be arrested, convicted of murder, and given the death penalty. They need to because they took my brother's life. He will never get that back. I will never see him again. My family will never see him again. His kids will never see him again." GEORGE FLOYD CASE: DOJ MAKES DEATH INVESTIGATION A 'TOP PRIORITY' AFTER VIOLENT PROTESTS GRIP MINNEAPOLIS His comments came as the Justice Department announced that it...