Saturday, Feb 27, 2021 - 22:37:41
332 results - (0.001 seconds)

’t think it:

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, accused the "liberal media" of ignoring his investigation of the Biden family's finances in order to protect the Democratic Party while speaking on the Senate floor on Thursday. "For over a year, Sen. [Ron] Johnson and I investigated the Biden family financial dealings," Grassley said. "We found that they engaged in potential criminal financial deals across the globe, including China, which created counterintelligence concerns. ... I think It’s outrageous that the Fourth Estate would choose to ignore facts when they are uncovered by Republicans." RON JOHNSON PUSHES BACK ON CALLS FOR HUNTER BIDEN SPECIAL COUNSEL "We showed our work and made our findings public, but the liberal media and Democrats chose to dismiss it," he continued. "They even falsely claimed our work was Russian disinformation. I believe they did this in order to protect leaders of the other party. Those same liberal outlets that disparaged our investigation now report that...
    MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow on Wednesday night ripped apart the long shot Texas lawsuit to throw out votes from four states that President-elect Joe Biden won, calling the Republican attempt to invalidate millions of ballots “patently insane” and “as dumb as you think it is.” After the Supreme Court denied a GOP bid to overturn Biden’s election victory in Pennsylvania with a one-line ruling, President Donald Trump and other Republicans jumped aboard Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s suit seeking that the electoral votes of Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin to be set aside. Besides Trump, attorneys general from at least 17 states that Trump won have joined the suit, filing an amicus brief. The case is seen as yet another dead end in a series of increasingly embarrassing legal defeats for Trump and his allies, something the MSNBC host pointed out at the top of her show on Wednesday. “President...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Across South Florida, numerous food distributions to those impacted by the pandemic are held on a weekly basis. “There are between six and eight hundred cars here getting in line very early in the morning,” said Kevin Picard, with the City of Sunrise, at a recent distribution. As the pandemic economic nightmare squeezes tighter and tighter, the boxes and bags of food handed out become even more critical. “People are really suffering,” said Carol Barollarth as she waited in line at a food distribution event in Homestead. It’s a bleak picture that grows darker by the day. “We have over 300 thousand people in Broward County who are food insecure right now,” said Broward Commissioner Dr. Barbara Sharief. Food distribution has been running at full tilt, but the question is how long can they keep going at such a pace. Most federal...
    MIAMI (CBSMiami) – After nine long months battling COVID, a Jackson Memorial Hospital employee was finally able to walk out of the hospital and be home with her family just in time for the holidays. “I don’t know what to tell you guys. The only thing I can tell you is that this is real, coronavirus is real. the effects are real,” 41-year-old Rose Felipe said. “But what’s more real is the love that I received here.” The mother of two is a technician who has worked at JMH for over 15 years. Felipe contracted the virus back in March and had to spend two months in the intensive care unit. Her diabetes and underlying health issues led to further complications. More from CBSMiami.com State’s COVID Dashboard Creator Says Gun-Wielding State Agents Raided Her Home Sun Sentinel Investigation: Gov. Ron DeSantis Has Mislead Public On Pandemic Since Day 1 Study:...
    Almost 25 years after having his ear bitten, Evander Holyfield says he’s close to negotiating a rematch with Mike Tyson.  The 58-year-old former heavyweight champion told TMZ Sports on Sunday that his team has been in contact with Tyson about setting up a date for an exhibition match.  MIKE TYSON TELLS JIM GRAY THAT HE ‘WANTED TO KILL’ EVANDER HOLYFIELD WHEN HE BIT OFF HIS EAR Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson fight for WBA World Heavyweight Title on June 28,1997 at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas, Nevada.  (Photo by Focus on Sport/Getty Images) "I'm a very confident person," Holyfield said. "I think it's gonna happen." The last time both fighters met was in June 1997 for the WBA Heavyweight Championship title. Tyson was disqualified in the third round after famously biting into Holyfield’s ear. The duo only fought one time before in 1996 when Holyfield won...
    Max Verstappen was chasing Valtteri Bottas for the P2 position on driver standing last weekend. With Lewis Hamilton out of the race, Verstappen was expected to close in the gap between him and Bottas at the Sakhir Grand Prix. However, Max Verstappen was trying to evade an accident involving Leclerc and Perez but ended up on the gravels and into the barriers. He was not happy as he kicked the barriers in frustration and called Leclerc’s plunge at turn 4 stupid because caused the accident during the starting lap. Formula One F1 – Sakhir Grand Prix – Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain – December 5, 2020 Red Bull’s Max Verstappen celebrates after qualifying in third position Pool via REUTERS/Tolga Bozoglu Talking about the accident, Verstappen pointed out, “that was an unnecessary risk. We’re all in front, you can’t suddenly gain two places there. That he passed me is fine, that...
    The viral testimony given by Rudy Giuliani’s star voter fraud witness Melissa Carone felt like a Saturday Night Live sketch, so the show decided to turn it into one. Featured Video Hide
    It has been more than a week, but Vee Serna is still shaken. In the darkness of the night before Thanksgiving, the young mother watched as California Highway Patrol officers descended on the neighborhood of El Sereno, callously yanking families from the vacant, state-owned houses they had commandeered mere hours before. Dozens of people were arrested on suspicion of trespassing, burglary and unlawful assembly. Terrified of what would happen if the officers found her and and her 8-year-old in one of the houses, Serna decided it was best to leave. But now mother and daughter are back in their cramped, one-bedroom apartment in Highland Park, once again facing the possibility of eviction. “I’ve been living off my credit cards, food banks and just the mutual aid of my friends and community,” Serna said. “I’m just committed to doing whatever I can to not end up on the streets.”...
    New York (CNN Business)How much is a moon rock worth? According to new contracts inked between NASA and four startups, it's somewhere between $1 and $15,000. NASA pledged in September to buy moon rocks from companies that can get robotic rovers to the lunar surface and scoop up samples of the dusty terrain, and the space agency asked for bids from companies all over the world. The winners were unveiled Thursday: California-based Masten, Lunar Outpost of Colorado, and two separate companies that are both called iSpace — one from Japan and the other from Luxembourg. The program, which NASA hopes will be completed by 2024, the same year the agency hopes to return astronauts to the moon, is among the most unique in US history. The goal is not to glean new information about lunar soil composition or study how various lunar resources can be used. The goal, rather, is...
    ARSENAL target Dominik Szoboszlai has liked an Instagram post about the Gunners' 4-1 victory against Rapid Vienna in the Europa League. The Red Bull Salzburg playmaker has been linked with a switch to the Emirates in January as the North Londoners look to add creativity to their side. 3Red Bull Salzburg player Dominik Szoboszlai liked this Instagram post about Arsenal's win on Thursday night 3Szoboszlai has been heavily linked with a move away from Austria in JanuaryCredit: Getty Images - Getty But despite the 20-year-old liking a post celebrating Arsenal's fifth consecutive victory in Europe this season, some fans believe it isn't a sign he will be joining the club. They pointed out to the fact that Szoboszlai could have been revelling in Vienna's misery as they are rivals with Salzburg. Vienna are third in the Australian Bundesliga - just four points behind Salzburg after nine games played. Commenting on...
    An official at the Brookings Institution offered to provide James Comey with a copy of the dossier.  Benjamin Wittes, the official, has emerged as one of Comey and the FBI’s most ardent defenders. He has never previously disclosed that he offered to assist the FBI in its investigation of the Trump campaign.  Two Senate committees released Wittes’ email to Comey along with a large batch of FBI documents related to the Trump probe.  An official at the Brookings Institution, a liberal foreign policy think tank, offered to provide James Comey with an apparent copy of the infamous Steele dossier weeks before it was published in early 2017, according to FBI emails released on Thursday. Benjamin Wittes, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, emailed Comey, who was FBI director at the time, on Dec. 28, 2016, saying that he had received a “very strange document” from a reporter...
    Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie has some tough decisions to make this offseason. Still being alive for the NFC East crown does not hide the fact the Philadelphia Eagles are an absolute mess in 2020. Fans around the country got to see that Monday night and fans in Philly may be wondering what changes will come this offseason. Some are calling for Doug Pederson to be fired. Others want Carson Wentz benched immediately, as his contract makes it impossible to simply cut him loose. FanSided’s NFL Insider Matt Lombardo has revealed it is likely GM Howie Roseman who gets the axe this offseason.Eagles need a change up topLombardo spoke to a former GM who believes Roseman is the one person in most danger of losing their job. “If anyone goes, it’s most likely Howie Roseman,” a former general manager tells FanSided. “The issue here is Jeffrey Lurie knows that if he...
    A MUM has revealed how she stuffed her child’s Elf on the Shelf inside a condom when she couldn't find a balloon. The anonymous woman shared a snap of her invention on Facebook, after she was forced to improvise. 2A mum revealed how she stuffed her kid's elf inside a condom after she didn't have a balloon to handCredit: Reddit The elf has been stuffed inside the condom to "quarantine" when returning from the North Pole. The condom has then been blown up, and the mum has written “I’m back but please help me out” on the exterior. Captioning her snap, the mum wrote: “Our elf is coming back tonight to live with us throughout the month of December. “Sorry I didn’t have any balloons so I improvised.” 2The mum was pretty chuffed with her invention but others said it was grossCredit: Reddit Her post has since been shared on...
    The NightWare app uses the Apple Watch's biometric monitoring to identify and respond to nightmares. NightWare The FDA recently approved an app that claims to stop nightmares. The app, NightWare, uses heart rate and movement data to identify nightmares and vibrate users out of their dream states. Sleep experts said the vibrations would likely stop a nightmare, but won't address its root cause. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Nightmares are almost universally harmless. But for an estimated 3 to 8% of the population, recurrent nightmares are a disturbing problem that can wear down mental health and sleep quality. The medical device company NightWare created an app meant to help the numerous post-traumatic stress disorder patients who experience traumatizing and persistent nightmares.  The app, which was approved by the FDA this month, uses the Apple Watch's biometric monitoring technology to learn a user's sleep patterns and distinguish...
    Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he did not think the 2020 presidential election was rigged. Guest-host Dana Bash asked, “I want to move on to the Coronavirus. Just yes or no. Do you, Roy Blunt, as not just the former secretary of state of Missouri, as the rules chairman, you have a bird’s eye oversight view of the elections, you think it was rigged? Yes or no.” Blunt said, “I don’t think it was rigged, but I do think there was some things that were done that shouldn’t have been done. I think there was some element of voter fraud, as there is in every election, but I don’t have any reason to believe that the numbers are there that would have made that difference. I do wish in Pennsylvania, when they were opening all of those ballots, they would have let people...
    By Theresa Waldrop | CNN “You just have to dance, we can make a little money like that.” That’s what Shandel, then 13, said her boyfriend told her at a party he had taken her to some 12 years ago. And that’s how it all began, Shandel, now 25, recalled. Gradually, the man she thought of as the only person who loved her or even cared for her, demanded more. Much more — and she said he would physically abuse her if she refused. Even now, it is difficult for Shandel — who requested CNN use only her first name due to privacy concerns — to talk to strangers about what she was forced to do with men. She had left an abusive situation at home — her dad was on drugs, and her mother had “her own issues,” Shandel said. The man she left home for “was the first...
    (CNN)"You just have to dance, we can make a little money like that."That's what Shandel, then 13, said her boyfriend told her at a party he had taken her to some 12 years ago. And that's how it all began, Shandel, now 25, recalled. Gradually, the man she thought of as the only person who loved her or even cared for her, demanded more. Much more -- and she said he would physically abuse her if she refused.Even now, it is difficult for Shandel -- who requested CNN use only her first name due to privacy concerns -- to talk to strangers about what she was forced to do with men. She had left an abusive situation at home -- her dad was on drugs, and her mother had "her own issues," Shandel said. The man she left home for "was the first person that felt like who loved me."...
    The thing about Hillbilly Elegy is that it is a garbage movie. That’s not a flippant dismissal of the new Netflix film, directed by Ron Howard, based on J.D. Vance’s 2016 memoir, and starring Amy Adams and Glenn Close in backwoods drag. It’s to say that, when carefully considered, there is very little, if anything at all, that is redeemable about it; whatever misguided intention there was behind it, the resulting product is disposable. If you’re clued in to the world of Film Twitter or have perused coverage of the movie, you’ve already been made aware of that response. Since its review embargo broke three weeks ago, critics’ pans flooded the internet like a gushing sewer leak. The film is told from the perspective of J.D. Vance (Gabriel Basso), a former Marine and Yale law student from Appalachia. When his mother’s (Adams) drug addiction disrupts his life yet again, he...
    When it’s Just You and the Road: The Best Motorcycle Jackets for Every Season On this day: Mike Tyson made history vs. Trevor Berbick in 1986 Taylor Swifts fans are scrambling to decode her latest post, and many think it means shes finished rerecording Red © Roy Rochlin/FilmMagic Taylor Swift is a Grammy-winning musician. Roy Rochlin/FilmMagic Taylor Swift tweeted a cryptic message that there was "not a lot going on at the moment" on Sunday.  The artist also included a black-and-white photo of herself sitting on a couch. Many fans broke down the clues that led them to speculate that Swift's recent tweet meant she finished rerecording her 2012 album "Red." On Monday, the musician announced that she'd begun rerecording her older music after Scooter Braun's Ithaca Holdings LLC sold her master rights to an investment fund. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. When Taylor Swift announced...
    Taylor Swift is a Grammy-winning musician. Roy Rochlin/FilmMagic Taylor Swift tweeted a cryptic message that there was "not a lot going on at the moment" on Sunday.  The artist also included a black-and-white photo of herself sitting on a couch. Many fans broke down the clues that led them to speculate that Swift's recent tweet meant she finished rerecording her 2012 album "Red." On Monday, the musician announced that she'd begun rerecording her older music after Scooter Braun's Ithaca Holdings LLC sold her master rights to an investment fund. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. When Taylor Swift announced that she was in the process of rerecording her older music, she promised "plenty of surprises." And fans think she hinted at her first one on Sunday.  The Grammy-winning musician, 30, tweeted a cryptic message that there was "not a lot going on at the moment," along with...
    LET'S face it - we spend so long prepping the kids' lunchboxes every evening that our partners are lucky if they get thrown a sandwich and a can of Coke as they head out the door. That said, one savvy TikTok user has given us plenty of inspiration with the beautifully presented and nutritious lunchboxes she prepares for her husband every day. 4Liza Stian has amassed over 280k for her impressive lunchbox TikTok videosCredit: TikTok/@lizastian Liza Stian, 22, who lives in San Francisco, told The Mirror that she spends up to an hour prepping her husband's lunches everyday. She said: "It can take as little as 20 minutes or as long as one hour to pack one lunch. It depends on the dish complexity." The devoted wife - who has almost 280k followers - usually puts a large helping of noodles, rice or pasta in the lunchbox along with...
    Coronavirus quarantine: Are American adults capable of isolating for two weeks? Election 2020 updates: Georgia nears recount completion; no more uncounted ballots found I think its worth it: DC to extend hours at testing sites ahead of Thanksgiving Nationals park added as COVID testing site as DC extends hours at sites beginning Nov. 23 WJLA – Washington D.C. See more videos SHARE SHARE TWEET SHARE EMAIL What to watch next Thai protesters hit police HQ with paint and water guns AFP Australian forces killed unarmed Afghans: report Reuters Inside a Chinese Covid-19 vaccine trial CNN Georgia voter speaks up against Trump campaigns false accusation CNN Weissmann: Citizen Trump should be prosecuted for obstructing Special Counsel Mueller MSNBC Maddow: Trump leaves U.S. vulnerable with decapitation of cybersecurity agency MSNBC Outreach and education: Stacey Abrams lays out...
    In keeping with their inability to enjoy moments of triumphs, Democrats have embarked on a soul-searching expedition as to why the party failed so poorly down the ballot even as it ousted President Donald Trump from office. Into the mix of explanations, this week, comes one of the more dire and narrow-focused offerings: an argument that the party will never regain majority status in the Senate unless it starts taking on monopoly power; mainly, Big Ag. In a memo obtained by The Daily Beast, officials at the Open Markets Institute, an upstart liberal economic think tank, argued that Democrats are doomed in rural communities until they begin to address the consolidation of power among agricultural businesses. “Democrats have been lamenting the urban clustering of their supporters for decades, but, time and time again, they’ve neglected the key to recouping rural support: stopping agricultural, food processing, and retail monopolists,” the memo...
    CNBC's "College Voices 2020" is a series written by CNBC interns from universities across the country about coming of age, getting their college education and launching their careers during these extraordinary times. Michelle Gao is a senior at Harvard University, studying government and statistics. The series is edited by Cindy Perman.fizkes | iStock | Getty ImagesSome college students have seen their parents laid off, lose jobs or close businesses — major events that have shaken their family finances. That's forced some to have to jump in earlier than expected to help their family financially. And, it's caused them to really take a hard look at their dreams. Is what they originally intended to do after graduation still worth it? Over 50% of parents with college-age students said one earner had lost a job or had work hours reduced, and nearly 8% had a "catastrophic" experience where all sources of income were...
    CHICAGO (CBS) — COVID-19 brings big changes for college students in Chicago. The University of Illinois Chicago is switching to all remote learning. CBS 2’s Jeremy Ross reports from the UIC campus where the overall reaction on campus has been mixed. Most students have been fully online, so the announcement barely makes a dent in terms of schedule. But psychologically, that’s a different story. “I don’t really think it feels like school at all,” lamented UIC senior Kate Soja. It may look like a university campus, but the learning traffic here is about to take a detour — to the web. Powell McCarthy is one of more than 20,000 students about to learn completely online. Only about 10% were taking part in in-person learning before the school’s announcement. “It definitely has been a huge culture shock for me,” McCarthy said, who is currently studying computer science. Chancellor Michael Amiridis said after...
    Houston Texans star J.J. Watt appeared to be unhappy with the front office’s decision to fire award-winning public relations boss Amy Palcic amid an ever-changing time within the organization. The Texans are sitting at 2-6 through the first nine weeks of the season. Having already traded DeAndre Hopkins and fired Bill O’Brien, the team went through more changes Wednesday by getting rid of Palcic. She was the 2017 Pete Rozelle Award winner for best PR staff. NFL WEEK 10 PREVIEW: IT'S MAKE-OR-BREAK FOR TEAMS IN PLAYOFF CONTENTION “First & only woman to be head of PR for an NFL team and winner of the Rozelle Award for best PR Staff in the NFL,” Watt tweeted. “Massive help in my hurricane relief efforts, community events and much more. Whoever picks up @amypalcic will be getting one of the absolute best in the business.” NFL WEEK 10 POWER RANKINGS: SAINTS SURGE AFTER...
    I spent one week dunking my face in ice water to help soothe some of the skin issues I'm having. Jen Glantz for Insider After speaking with a cosmetic dermatologist, I tried doing ice-water facials every day for a week. The easy and affordable practice consists of plunging your face into ice water to reduce puffiness and minimize imperfections.  I noticed my skin was a little irritated right away, but after a few days, I saw some improvement. This isn't something I'm likely to keep in my daily routine, but I might do it again for special occasions.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Ever since I was a teenager — and acne became the clingy best friend I never asked for — I've found myself super self-conscious about my skin. I've spent hours trying to concoct the perfect daytime and nighttime rituals and have tried almost...
    WAX MELTS, also known as wax tarts, are a brilliant and cheap way to keep your home smelling great. They fill the air with a gorgeous scent and the good news is they're easy to make yourself. Here's how. 2Wax melts are a cheap way of keeping your home smelling greatCredit: Alamy What you'll need to make wax melts: paraffin or soy candle wax - buy here fragrance oil - buy here candle wax dye - buy here silicone moulds, such as clam shell moulds - buy here Tools you'll need your cooker/hob to melt the wax container for melting the wax pouring jug metal spoon for stirring thermometer weighing scales 2How to make wax melts in six simple stepsCredit: Yankee Candle Step 1 - Prepare your space Clear a surface in your kitchen so you have plenty of space. Move any items you don't...
    On Tuesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “The Lead,” White House Coronavirus Task Force member Dr. Anthony Fauci stated that distribution of a coronavirus vaccine will “likely” begin next month and that he thinks people who are not high on the priority list to receive the vaccine are “going to get vaccinated within the first four months. I would say by April, you’ll be able to be vaccinated.” Fauci said that dispensing the vaccine will “likely” start in December. Later, host Jake Tapper asked, “I’m not high on the priority list. When will I be able to get the vaccine, when would my family be able to get the vaccine? Do you think by May, by June? What are we talking?” Fauci responded, “No, we’re talking probably by April, the end of April, I would think. Again, these are just guesstimates. I believe that within the next — within the first quarter.”...
    Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock. Control of the Senate will be decided in Georgia on Jan. 5, 2021, with a pair of runoff elections pitting Democrat Jon Ossoff against Sen. David Perdue and Rev. Raphael Warnock against Sen. Kelly Loeffler. “I don’t think it’s possible to overstate how big these races are,” the New Georgia Project’s Nse Ufot told The Washington Post. One major question is how much either President-elect Joe Biden or Donald Trump will engage in the race. Democrats having control of the Senate would be a huge advantage for Biden, but “Some close allies” told the Post he needed to be careful about "chasing the white whales." Trump, meanwhile, is too busy having temper tantrums over his own loss for much to be known about if or how he will ultimately weigh in on the Georgia runoffs. If you live in Georgia, register to vote now and share that link with your family and...
    Joe Biden won’t “heal the country” – he wouldn’t dare try.  If Biden really wants to bring the nation together, he could start by proving to the satisfaction of all voters that his election was free and fair. He should encourage a recount in those states, like Georgia, which remain too close to call, and join the Trump campaign in investigating possible chicanery in Pennsylvania and computer “glitches” that reportedly boosted Biden’s winning tally in Michigan.  PENNY NANCE: 2020 ELECTION'S ONLY WAVE – REPUBLICAN WOMEN DOUBLE NUMBERS IN THE HOUSE Almost certainly a review of ongoing election controversies will not change the outcome; the former vice president will likely remain the president-elect. Still, demanding transparency would be a good beginning for Biden. Taking an office that millions of Americans believe you “stole” will only deepen our country’s divide.   But imagine the blowback he’d get from Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin, who tweeted:  "Any R now promoting rejection of an election …  should never serve in office, join a...
    Sir Rod Stewart wanted to improve the heating at his Grade II listed mansion in Essex by installing double glazed windows Sir Rod Stewart has lost a battle to install double glazing at his 18th century mansion to make it warmer. The legendary singer wanted to improve the heating at his luxury property in Harlow, Essex, by getting rid of old, draughty windows. The 75-year-old rocker has already had draught proofing work done to the single-pane sash windows and had shutters fitted to them. He then applied to replace them with double glazed windows to improve 'thermal efficiency' at the home on the edge of Epping Forest he shares with wife Penny Lancaster. The work required planning permission from Epping Forest District Council because his home is a Grade II listed building. The council have now rejected the plans to winter-proof Durrington House after their own conservation team objected...
    WE'RE less than one week into lockdown - and we don't know about you, but we're SERIOUSLY missing the pub right about now. And one couple who know a little something about this are Joanne Easthope and Chalky White. 5Joanne and Chalky turned their conservatory into a lockdown bar using eBay and Amazon bargainsCredit: DIY On A Budget Official/facebook Posting on the Facebook group DIY on a Budget Official, the savvy pair revealed how they transformed their unused conservatory into a bar for lockdown. Joanne wrote: "We've been in our home for six years and inherited a conservatory that we never used. So welcome to our lockdown bar!" After clearing out the room, Joanne purchased a second-hand bar from eBay and added some glass shelves behind it. She then decorated the room with fake plants, a framed Budwiser print and added some black leather bar stools too. 5What the...
    THERE has been plenty of talk this week about diving. Cheating. Simulation. Going down too easily. 4West Ham fans were unhappy with Mohamed Salah's theatrics last weekendCredit: EPA 4Harry Kane was also criticised as Tottenham beat BrightonCredit: AP:Associated Press Two of the Premier League’s finest players — Mo Salah and Harry Kane — were accused of winning penalties with a lack of total honesty last weekend. But if you really think that professional footballers were looking at those incidents and saying, ‘It’s embarrassing, it’s got to stop’ then you’re sadly mistaken. No one in the game is outraged. No one thinks it’s anything like an athlete doping in the 100 metres. It’s our job to win games of football. To do whatever it takes, to gain any advantage. If there is any sort of contact from a defender in the penalty box, then it is perfectly acceptable to go down....
    Defense is one of the major question marks that could push LaMelo Ball out of the top spot in the NBA Draft. But those concerns may be overblown. LaMelo Ball’s defense was not the reason he acquired over five million followers on Instagram before turning even 18 years-old. As it turns out, heaving from behind halfcourt mid-game and making at-home videos with your brothers plays better online than off-ball stunts and veer switches. On both plays, LaMelo recognizes that it’s his responsibility to drop down and deter a potential lob to a sealing big man (as preventing shots at the rim are still the most important component to good NBA defense), before closing out hard but under control to his own man. Even if the opponent in the first clip created separation and scored, I’m still impressed by LaMelo’s ability to seamlessly transition from a vertical sprint toward the perimeter...
    A voter cast their ballots at a polling station in Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing polling station on November 1, 2020 in New York City. Shortly after polls opened on the last day of early voting in New York City the Board of Elections tweeted they crossed the one million vote threshold. (Photo by David Dee Delgado/Getty Images) In our highly-focused, micro-targeted, ultra-specific campaign environment of 2020, everyone is looking for that critical swing voter. Those mysterious voters who may tip the scales in favor of Vice President Joe Biden or Donald Trump. Are they gay white Republican millennials who hate fracking so they flip for Joe Biden? Are they suburban African-American Muslim moms who hate babies in cages but are convinced by Lil Wayne that Trump’s Platinum plan will put a milli a milli a milli in their pockets? Read More: Trump says Lil Wayne requested meeting:...
    For indispensable reporting on the coronavirus crisis, the election, and more, subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter. This photo of the Texas Supreme Court gives me the smallest drop of hope, like the water they found on the moon: But it is very good that these courts—Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida among them—are being forced to carve out some kind of legitimacy over Zoom. I know what you’re thinking: Isn’t the Texas Supreme Court a retrograde, anti-democratic misery pit built to notarize right-wing dictates? Sure. I realize that the Southern state courts are not affiliated with hope, and if they could they would rule it unconstitutional. Through geographic remoteness and other kinds of physical inaccessibility, through smug obscurantism, through pageantry and grand architecture, the courts (and other institutions) have wormed into our brains the sense that they are Over There: that the state is somewhere up and off and...
    David Daley - Katie Fahey November 2, 2020 10:00AM (UTC) This year, Virginia voters have the rare opportunity to lead the way on making necessary structural change to our democracy by approving Amendment One on the general election ballot. This bipartisan state constitutional amendment will create Virginia's first redistricting commission and would prohibit partisan gerrymandering in Virginia once and for all.  That's the good news. The bad news is that some members of one political party have been stonewalling this progress over the last year. It's probably not the party you think.  : Although the history of the 2010 redistricting cycle unequivocally shows that Republicans created some of the most rigged, gerrymandered maps in our nation's history, this time it is some Virginia Democrats who have been the more recent roadblocks as Amendment One has moved toward the voters. For context, amending Virginia's constitution involves rigorous vetting. An identical version...
    A MOM has said she isn't bothered if she's criticized for dressing her young children as coronavirus for Halloween – because it's the scariest thing she can think of. Mira Sumpayco, from the Philippines, dressed her pair Madison and Daryll, both eight, as the killer virus and a hand sanitizer for the spooky holiday. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates   4Darryl and Madi, in an edited photo but in their coronavirus costumesCredit: Instagram/@mira_sumpayco/@daryllfashion Posting the snaps on her public Instagram page, she wrote: "The greatest battle of 2020. Hand Sanitizer vs CoronaVirus." In another she said: "Nothing is more terrifying this year, than this," captioning the picture "Madi coronavirus." And they were praised by many of her followers who said her children looked cute. One person wrote: "Haha, love it." 4Madi in her coronavirus costumeCredit: Instagram/@mira_sumpayco/@daryllfashion 4Daryll dressed as hand...
    A MUM has said she isn't bothered if people criticise her for dressing her young children as coronavirus for Halloween - because it's the scariest thing she can think of. Mira Sumpayco, from the Philippines, dressed her pair Madison, eight , and Daryll, eight, as the killer virus and a hand sanitiser for the spooky festival. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates   4Darryl and Madi, in an edited photo but in their coronavirus costumesCredit: Instagram/@mira_sumpayco/@daryllfashion Posting the snaps on her public Instagram page, she wrote: "The greatest battle of 2020. Hand Sanitizer vs CoronaVirus". In another she said: "Nothing is more terrifying this year, than this," captioning the picture "Madi coronavirus." And they were praised by many of her followers who said her children looked cute. One person wrote: "Haha, love it." 4Madi, in an edited photo, but in...
    Democratic candidate Joe Biden had trouble getting his words out on Saturday during a rally in Michigan as he railed against President Trump's plans for healthcare. Biden was on a roll as he told voters how Trump would take away their protections from pre-existing conditions and destroy the Affordable Care Act when he suddenly muttered something completely unintelligible. 'We're also going to act to protect health care. Trump and the Republicans just jammed through a Supreme Court nominee for one overwhelming reason, as Barack said, the president said, they have been trying with over 50 shots to take out Obamacare, to destroy the Affordable Care Act,' Biden started.    Democratic candidate Joe Biden had trouble getting his words out on Saturday during a rally in Michigan as he railed against President Trump's plans for healthcare Former U.S. President Barack Obama and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden greet each other...
    JOE Biden flubbed the word “healthcare” while attempting to slam President Donald Trump while speaking at a Michigan rally. Biden, while vowing to restore and build on the Affordable Care Act if elected, said he thinks Americans have a “right to have badakathcare.”
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — As New Yorkers continue to wait in long lines for early voting, there are still many unanswered questions from the New York City Board of Elections. All week long, CBS2 News has been requesting an interview with BOE executive director Michael Ryan. He’s still unavailable to answer questions, but finally Thursday, we got someone else from the board willing to speak — board secretary Frederic Umane. “I think a lot of it is unfair,” Umane told CBS2’s Andrea Grymes. WEB EXTRA: Tri-State Area Voter Guide For Nov. 3 General Election Umane feels it’s unfair that voters and elected officials are beating up on the board for massive lines and other problems. He says they’re adding polling hours this weekend to deal with enormous turnout during the first time early voting has been allowed in a presidential election — and in the middle of a pandemic, no less....
    Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer slammed President Trump for downplaying the alleged kidnapping plot against her, accusing him of stoking a "mob mentality" toward public officials. "I don't think it's funny," she said of Mr. Trump's rhetoric during an interview with CBS News on Wednesday. "And anyone who thinks it's funny has a real twisted sense of what humor is." Whitmer spoke with CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett for this week's episode of "The Takeout" podcast, which will air in full on Friday. During a rally in Lansing, Michigan, on Tuesday, Mr. Trump blasted Whitmer for imposing stay-at-home orders earlier in the year due to the coronavirus pandemic. When the president first mentioned the Michigan governor's name, the crowd began chanting, "lock her up." Mr. Trump responded, "I don't comment on that because every time, if I make just even a little bit of a nod, they say, 'the...
    Disney shared this mock-up image to show what the entrance will look like. Disney Parks Walt Disney World announced on Monday that it's changing iconic entrances that feature flag-embellished arches and cutouts of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. The new design is being made to complement other renovations, according to the Disney Parks Blog, and will no longer feature Cinderella Castle or the phrase "Where Dreams Come True." Some fans, however, argue that the new design lacks magic, and shouldn't be a priority as Disney employees are being laid off. Similar criticism was aimed at Disney World after it unveiled the new pink-and-gold exterior of Cinderella Castle over the summer. Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Walt Disney World's iconic entrance is getting a makeover — and some fans aren't looking forward to it. The Florida theme park announced on Monday that it will be changing the color scheme...
    Senator Ted Cruz dismissed the efficacy of the Trump campaign’s recent effort to use Hunter Biden as a political cudgel, telling Axios’ Jonathan Swan it won’t move a single voter. Cruz appeared on Axios on HBO and already made some news for falsely claiming that President Donald Trump didn’t really campaign on getting rid of the federal deficit (which he did.) In this clip, the Texas Senator and former political rival of President Trump reviewed the second and final presidential debate and praised Joe Biden, saying that one of his best points was when the former Vice President said that all of these attacks about each other’s families, “they don’t matter, what matters is your family.” He added, “that may have been Biden’s best moment, actually.” “So you don’t believe voters are moved by the Hunter Biden story,” Swan followed. Cruz grimaced as he said, “I don’t think it moves...
    Failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is apparently still fuming over her loss to President Donald Trump in the 2016 election. During a recent appearance on Kara Swisher's New York Times Opinion podcast, "Sway," the former secretary of state alleged that she was "born" to be president and that it literally makes her "sick" to her stomach to think of another Trump win.What did she say? At one point during the lengthy interview, Swisher asked Clinton if she thought a woman president would handle the coronavirus pandemic more ably. Clinton quickly responded by tooting her own horn, saying, "I have no doubt, especially if it were me." I was born for that. I mean, that's why I knew I'd be a good president. I was ready for crises and emergencies, and I would have done what you see these women leaders doing. You listen to the science....
    CBS News reporter John Dickerson said Friday that despite President Donald Trump’s efforts in Thursday night’s presidential debate, it is unlikely that the Hunter Biden email story will impact the looming election because the “news cycle” will ignore the story. “Joe Biden has an ally in the news cycle,” Dickerson told “CBS This Morning,” adding that “if President Trump tries to shift the turf under the Biden family for the purposes of muddying Joe Biden, the news cycle keeps returning to the central piece of this campaign which is coronavirus and the president’s response to it, and the country has a very negative view of that.” The New York Post first reported that an email recovered from a laptop left at a Delaware computer repair shop in April 2019 showed that both Hunter Biden and then-Vice President Joe Biden met with a top executive of  Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian...
    Malarkey! These are the words Americans looked up during the debate Workers who lost jobs because of COVID-19 find new careers in these fields ‘It’s daunting to think about what the consequences will be.’ With no stimulus deal, much of America’s temporary financial safety net will expire Dec. 31 © MarketWatch photo illustration/Getty Images, iStockphoto The end of the year could mean the end of several financial relief programs designed to keep Americans afloat during the pandemic-induced economic downturn. The prospect of another stimulus package before Election Day is uncertain, even as the White House and Democratic leaders kept talking Wednesday. What is certain for now, however, is that many Americans who are struggling financially will soon see their temporary financial safety net end unless lawmakers intervene. A wide range of financial assistance programs designed to help people stay in their homes, stay current on their student loans,...
    Dear Amy: Why is it so acceptable to drink alcohol as an activity? Alcohol impairs judgment, disinhibits, often gets paired with other drugs, ruins families, leads to serious health problems, causes traffic and other accidents, and deaths. Columnist Amy Dickinson (Bill Hogan/Chicago Tribune)  Yet, people all the time get together to have a drink, meet over drinks, go out drinking, celebrate with drinking, receive bad news by having a drink, boost their confidence with a drink, serve every dinner with a drink, etc. Why is this necessary? I don’t understand it any more than I understand why most people drive well over the speed limit. Curious, in Silver Spring MD Dear Curious: It is not necessary to drink alcohol in order to celebrate, socialize, cope with one’s boredom, or enhance the flavor of a juicy steak. There is no question that alcohol consumption (and addiction) is responsible for incalculable damage...
    Alex Thomas October 22, 2020 0 Comments Former President Barack Obama encouraged Americans to vote by mail this week and posted a video of himself going through the process, saying that “it’s not as tough as a lot of folks think.” Obama opened the video saying, “I thought I would share with you how I’m voting because I’ve been voting by mail for years. And you’ll see that it’s not as tough as a lot of folks think.” After opening the ballot, Obama said, “The first person to vote for is my favorite candidate for president and vice president. Generally, I don’t share my ballot — in this case though, I think you all know. I’m voting for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.” While the Obama family has lived in Washington, D.C., for the past few years, he still votes in Illinois. The former president rose in law and...
    NARBERTH, Pa. (CBS) — In one Montgomery County community, you need to be sure to mask up or pay up. Narberth Mayor Andrea Deutsch is expected to sign an ordinance that will fine people caught without a face covering. Beautiful day here in Narberth! People are sounding off about a new ordinance that requires people to wear a mask – or pay a fine. Watch on @CBSPhilly at 4,5,6p https://t.co/i0zad3IGZO pic.twitter.com/V9zgiT6qGC — Matt Petrillo (@MattPetrillo) October 22, 2020 Narberth Police will first give people a warning, but the second time someone is caught without a mask, a $15 fine will be issued. “I don’t know about the $15 part,” resident Charles Hutton said. “I think it goes too far.” People who live and work in Narberth can’t stop talking about the area’s new face mask rule. “People are sort of at the threshold of being told what to...
    The Big Ten wants to play for the national championship. Will that be possible? Warning signs a job isnt as good as it sounds ‘It is daunting to think about what the consequences will be.’ With no new stimulus deal, much of America’s temporary financial safety net will expire Dec. 31 © MarketWatch photo illustration/Getty Images, iStockphoto The end of the year could mean the end of several financial relief programs designed to keep Americans afloat during the pandemic-induced economic downturn. The prospect of another stimulus package before Election Day is uncertain, even as the White House and Democratic leaders kept talking Wednesday. What is certain for now, however, is that many Americans who are struggling financially will soon see their temporary financial safety net end unless lawmakers intervene. A wide range of financial assistance programs designed to help people stay in their homes, stay current on their...
    Ric Flair thinks that the Undertaker will wrestle one more match before retiring for good. The Deadman had confirmed his retirement on the ‘Last Ride’ documentary on the WWE Network. He wrestled his last match at WrestleMania 36 in a ‘Boneyard match’ against AJ Styles. One more match Undertaker wrestling his final match at WrestleMania seems like a fitting way to hang up his legendary boots. However, the Nature Boy strongly believes that Taker has one more match in him. He believes Undertaker should wrestle his final match in front of a crowd of 80-90,000 fans. The ideal location would be WrestleMania 37, provided COVID-19 is under control. “I think he will be back”, said Flair. “I think he wants it and I think the fans deserve to see him go out in front of 80 or 90,000 people live. I think he needs to wrestle again once we...
    Matt Slocum/AP For indispensable reporting on the coronavirus crisis, the election, and more, subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter.This afternoon, Barack Obama stopped by Philadelphia, the largest city in that crucial swing state of Pennsylvania, to urge people to elect his former vice president, Joe Biden, to the highest office in the land. At the roundtable of community leaders, Anthony Phillips, the executive director of a youth civic engagement organization in Philadelphia, asked the president, “Given our political and social atmosphere, why should young Black men care to be engaged in the political process?” Obama didn’t mince words. “What I consistently try to communicate during this year, particularly when I’m talking to young brothers who may be cynical about what can happen, is to acknowledge to them that government and voting alone isn’t gonna change anything,” he said. “Young people are sophisticated, so there’s no point in overhyping what...
    (CNN)Many Republicans speak of originalism as though it were a commandment written into the text of the Constitution. They speak reverently of strict obedience to the plain meaning of the Constitution at the time it was written, and to its framers' original intent. But their brand of originalism more closely resembles a tool they use to achieve whatever their current policy goals are. Derek BlackDemocrats, in contrast, often recoil at originalism as if it were a dirty word. But originalism -- properly understood and applied -- can be just as friendly to Democrats as Republicans. Both parties' misunderstandings do the principle a disservice in a way that may threaten our democracy's future. The most fundamental aspect of our original constitutional system is the restraint of power. Presidential restraint. Congressional restraint. Judicial restraint.The Constitution grants the president few explicit powers. The president commands the armed forces, appoints officials and judges...
    Less than a week after missing out on practice because of an illness, Odell Beckham Jr. is confident that he won’t contract COVID-19.  The Cleveland Browns’ star receiver said Wednesday that he doesn’t believe he’s susceptible to the virus which has claimed the lives of more than 221,000 Americans.  NFL COULD PUSH BACK SUPER BOWL ‘AS FAR AS 4 WEEKS’ IF NECESSARY, PACKERS CEO SAYS "Not in an arrogant way," Beckham began. "I don't think COVID can get to me. I don't think it's going to enter this body. I don't want no parts of it, it don't want no parts of me.”  “It's a mutual respect,” he continued.   PLAY SUPER 6 FOR EAGLES, GIANTS THURSDAY NIGHT CLASH Beckham missed two practices last week after being sent home on Thursday for a non-COVID-19 related illness. He tested negative for COVID-19 twice, as per NFL protocol, and was allowed to return...
    The Breakfast Club host Charlamagne tha God says more black voters are drawn to and support President Donald Trump in the presidential election because he is actively courting them and the “old Democratic regime” thinks black voters will simply “fall in line.” In an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon, the radio presenter explained that many black votes, especially males, appreciate how the president is actively targeting them as part of his campaign message. “When it comes to black people you see who maybe are showing support for Trump, I think it’s because Trump is actually talking to young black male voters. He’s directing ads toward them. They are a group that never get courted,” Charlamagne said. “Black people don’t get courted either as a whole. But that old Democratic regime speaks to old black men and they think everybody else in the black community and black families are going to fall...
    The prospect of another stimulus package before Election Day is uncertain, even as the White House and Democratic leaders kept talking Wednesday. What is certain for now, however, is that many Americans who are struggling financially will soon see their temporary financial safety net end unless lawmakers intervene. A wide range of financial assistance programs designed to help people stay in their homes, stay current on their student loans, keep their lights on and meet other financial obligations during the pandemic-induced economic downturn are scheduled to end on or before Dec. 31. “It is daunting to think about what the consequences will be for families, individuals, businesses, our economy when the COVID-19 protections and financial assistance are no longer available,” said Jack Gillis, executive director of the Consumer Federation of America, a research, service and advocacy organization promoting consumer interests. If no deal materializes soon, a stimulus package...
    Fans think Hailey Bieber's new tattoo is reminiscent of a promise ring Justin Bieber gave Selena Gomez. Jean Baptiste Lacroix/FilmMagic and Tibrina Hobson/Getty Images Hailey Bieber got a tattoo of a "J" on her ring finger, and fans think it looks just like the ring her husband Justin Bieber gave to his ex, Selena Gomez.  Tattoo artist Mr. K uploaded a picture of Hailey's tattoo to his Instagram, with the caption "J is for @justinbieber."  But on social media, fans pointed out that the font on Hailey's tattoo was strikingly similar to the one featured on Gomez's promise ring.  "Not wifey getting a tattoo of selena's ring that was [given to her] by her own husband," one fan wrote.  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Hailey Bieber (née Baldwin) got a new tattoo in honor of her husband Justin Bieber, but fans can't stop comparing the model's...
    Armie Hammer as Maxim de Winter and Lilly James as Mrs de Winter in the grounds of the grand Manderley estate. Kerry Brown/Netflix The early reviews for Netflix's new film "Rebecca" have been poor, but director Ben Wheatley told Insider that they are "'irrelevant'" to him and his assessment of the film's success.  "You can just look at it in terms of numbers and you go, 'Oh, look, it's at 55% [Rotten Tomatoes score] it's a split,'" he said during a phone call on Tuesday evening. "Half the people like it and half the people don't, so whether people like it or not it's kind of irrelevant at that point. As long as some people are liking it, it doesn't matter if some people don't." Many publications — including Insider — have panned the film for striking the wrong thematic tone and failing to match up to either...
    Coming off of the dueling town halls for President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden, it was inevitable that Saturday Night Live would poke fun at both. However, it was comedic legend Jim Carrey’s version of Biden that people aren’t loving. Hide SNL recreated the town halls through the lens of people who flipped back and forth between the two channels. The recreation of NBC’s controversial town hall with Trump (played by Alec Baldwin) was given a thumbs-up. But the recreation of ABC’s town hall with Biden (played by Carrey) left people yearning for something different, like Jason Sudeikis or Kate McKinnon playing Biden instead. Hide Marlow Stern (@marlowNYC) tweeted, “jim carrey’s manic energy couldn’t be more off for biden. just doesn’t work at all.” jim carreys manic energy couldnt be more off for biden. just doesnt work at all.— Marlow Stern (@MarlowNYC) October 18, 2020 Hide Theres...
    A WOMAN has revealed how her husband made her a light-up bed using cheap radiator boards, three pieces of wood and LED lights. Sheri Nicola Scott, 52, from South Stifford, in Essex, said she asked her partner Sean Donnelly, 52, to make her a fancy headboard and he came up with the clever hack.  5Sheri Scott showed off the incredible light-up bed her partner made for her with LED lights Sheri, who has worked in a local sandwich shop for nine years, said she desperately wanted a rustic look in her new bedroom after the couple moved into their home together last Christmas.  Sean, who works as an electrician, has been working his way around the house - completing DIY jobs and giving the property the TLC it required. Sheri shared her husband’s genius headboard hack on Facebook, writing: "Asked hubby for a headboard and this is what he made...
    CBS News is chronicling what has changed in the lives of residents of some of the biggest battleground states in 2020 amid the coronavirus pandemic. Students in the Milwaukee Public Schools last saw their teachers in-person in mid-March before the COVID-19 pandemic forced Governor Tony Evers to shutter the schools. This set off a chaotic effort to ensure students were still receiving basic needs, including free breakfast and lunch, and figuring out remote instruction once it became clear students wouldn't be returning to the classroom. Seven months later, virtual learning continues in Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS), Wisconsin's largest school district. When the decision was made in July to start the year virtually, some parents applauded the district for taking the safe route, while others spoke out against the plan. They didn't think the spring semester had worked out well and feared students would fall behind.  Get Breaking News Delivered to...
    U.S. gun sales soar amid pandemic, social unrest, election fears Fast Food May Be Your Only Dining Out Option Left, Experts Warn Do you know these lucrative Social Security secrets? Ad Microsoft Full screen 1/8 SLIDES © Getty Will the Seahorse Win the Golden Mask on The Masked Singer? Here's Who We Think It May Be Season four of The Masked Singer is well underway, and one of the standout performers is the Seahorse. The Seahorse made its debut during episode two of the show, and completely blew the judges away with its performance of "Only Girl (in the World)" by Rihanna. Their followup performance was just as incredible as they sang "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion during episode four. And yes, they hit those high notes....
    DEAR ABBY: My husband and I have been together for 11 years, married for eight. We have been through a lot together, which has served to strengthen our marriage. My husband is my Prince Charming and my happily forever after. Jeanne Phillips  Recently, he has discovered that he likes wearing women’s clothes. It started with him wearing women’s underwear under his clothes, which didn’t bother me. I even bought him a few pair I liked. It has progressed quickly. He assures me that he isn’t gay, he does not want to become a woman or want to dress in women’s clothes full time. However, some of his behaviors have changed, and his wearing women’s clothing has increased. Related Articles Dear Abby: ‘The world’s nicest guy’ just broke my windshield Dear Abby: I’ve always loved her. Should I offer to adopt her? Dear Abby: My...
    Scientists: Herd immunity strategy against COVID will kill, not help Fast Food May Be Your Only Dining Out Option Left, Experts Warn Im a Runner, and I Tried Nikes New Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% - Heres What I Think About It I've been running since I was 7 years old, and I think it's safe to say I know a lot about running and running gear; on most days, you can catch me in leggings, a sports bra, a pullover, and a pair of running shoes. In college, I was obsessed with the Nike Pegasus (it was my team's official training shoe), and over the past 10 years, it's still been my go-to. © POPSUGAR Photography / Tamara Pridgett I'm a Runner, and I Tried Nike's New Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% - Here's What I Think About It Although I'm clearly biased, I enjoy testing out other sneakers to...
    Samsung’s QLED 75-inch 4K TV is $700 off for Prime Day Not only does this TV have 4K picture quality, it has adaptive lighting so you’re always getting the best quality, Alexa built-In, and Quantum HDR for a wider spectrum of brightness and color. You can even see Keanu Reeve’s sweat, says Scouted Contributor John Brandon Shop the rest of our Prime Day deal picks here. Samsung’s 75-inch Q90T is the ultimate TV. It has 4K picture quality, Alexa built-in, and Quantum HDR. This means there is a broader spectrum of blacks and colors that makes the images more and more vivid. With this TV in your living room, you won’t miss a thing, whether you’re watching the big game, or your favorite movie. Samsung QLED 75-inch 4K TV Down From $3298Buy on Amazon$2598Free Shipping | Free Returns Let Scouted guide you to the best Prime Day deals....
    Maybe you don't like politics with your beer. Or maybe you think small businesses should stay above the ideological fray so that they don't alienate one group of potential customers while catering to another. It's an understandable take, but one that really isn't possible anymore in a country that is now truly divided. Even the simplest choices — such as what organization to donate money to or whether or not to support the Black Lives Matter movement or enforce mask rules — can have repercussions. So, with that "damned if you do, damned if you don't" environment as the background, a few breweries are putting politics on tap. Others are simply encouraging people to vote, including Arvada's Luki Brewery, which is offering people the chance to vote on the style characteristics for its yet-to-be-brewed Democracy IPA, which will be released on November 3 — election day. (Hurry, though, because voting on...
    Roberta McCain, John McCains mother, dies at 108 We Press On Because Theres No Other Way: Running a Restaurant in Mexico City Under COVID-19 Timothy Johnson eyes Bellator heavyweight title shot: I think Ive done enough to earn it After notching his third straight win, Timothy Johnson wants a shot at the Bellator heavyweight title. © Provided by MMAJunkie Johnson (15-6 MMA, 3-2 BMMA) avenged his loss to Cheick Kongo in the main event of Bellator Europe 10 on Saturday, edging out the hometown fighter by split decision at Accor Arena in Paris, France. Johnson prevailed as an underdog once again and thinks his upset wins over the formerly unbeaten Tyrell Fortune and UFC veterans Matt Mitrione and Kong are enough to warrant a title shot against heavyweight champion Ryan Bader (27-6 MMA, 5-1 BMMA). Speaking to reporters after his win in France, Johnson explained that, while he’s targeting...
    Iowa Sen. Joni ErnstJoni Kay ErnstTrump fuels and frustrates COVID-19 relief talks The Hill's Campaign Report: A debate over debates | Wisconsin mail ballots must be in by Nov. 3 | Who won Wednesday's VP debate? Greenfield raises record .7 million for Iowa Senate bid MORE (R) said lawmakers on the Senate Judiciary Committee should be tested for COVID-19 before they begin confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett. “I actually do think that it would be smart to do that, and I hate to do it without having reasons to do so, but I think if we’re going to be working in close proximity over long hours, it’s probably not a bad idea,” she told reporters in the Hawkeye State Saturday. “I do think it would be smart” for Judiciary Committee members to test again for COVID before a SCOTUS hearing, Joni Ernst says in...
    Dr Anthony Fauci says it is clear the White House hosted a 'super spreader' event after more than a dozen people, including President Donald Trump, tested positive for COVID-19.  'I think the data speak for themselves,' Fauci, the top infectious disease expert in the country, told CBS News Radio on Friday.  'We had a superspreader event in the White House and it was in a situation where people were crowded together and were not wearing masks.' Fauci's comments came after he was asked about the lack of mask wearing at the White House.  He said that health experts had been talking about the importance of wearing masks in public for at least six months.    Dr Anthony Fauci says it is clear the White House hosted a 'super spreader' event after more than a dozen people, including President Donald Trump, tested positive for COVID-19 The superspreader event Fauci referenced was...
    President Donald Trump tweeted another video recorded in front of the White House Wednesday afternoon to make more public comments about his recovery from the coronavirus. He commended the “great professionals” at Walter Reed and said, “I wasn’t feeling so hot, and within a very short period of time they gave me Regeneron, and it was, like, unbelievable. I felt good immediately.” The president talked up Covid therapeutics and said, “It just made me better. I call that a cure… We have get ’em done, we have to get ’em approved.” A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT! pic.twitter.com/uhLIcknAjT — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2020 On the continued work for a vaccine, Trump remarked, “We’re going to have a great vaccine very very shortly. I think we should have it before the election, but frankly the politics gets involved and that’s okay. They want to play their games…...
    Boulder-based Augustus stumbled into the music world not long after guitarist Jim Herlihy and singer Colin Kelly got drunk at a concert together in 2013. "It was the classic 'get wasted at a show and think how great it would be to start your own band,'" says Herlihy with a laugh. Now 37, Herlihy says he played guitar in college but never imagined performing in real venues. "I didn’t realize I could make the jump from just someone who plays the guitar in your bedroom to someone who could play live. The line was blurred between fan of music and someone who played music."Related Stories Augustus Will Deliver Its New Album by Skateboard...Some Day Psych-Rock Quartet Augustus Talks New Album, Idle Tyler Stanfield's "Whiskey Heart" Isn't Really About Whiskey Songwriter Colin Kelly, 33, had a different experience: "I went to college for music and wanted to do this...
    Tyler Stanfield wrote his latest single, “Whiskey Heart,” when he was living in Austin, Texas, a few years ago. He says people who aren’t paying attention think it’s a song about drinking. “It’s not,” Stanfield says. “Whiskey is a metaphor. That’s kind of one of the fun things about it is I like to see if people go deeper than just thinking that it’s about getting drunk and doing that kind of thing.” The song is part of an as-yet-unreleased three-track EP and is actually about love, and the overwhelming need for it. Related Stories Country Singer Taylor Shae Tells Stories Through Song Lara Ruggles, aka Sharkk Heartt, Takes a Bite at the System Barbara Jo Kammer and the Hippie Buckaroos Bring Hope to Seniors “We’re always after love, the love of a woman or another person,” he says. “That’s what it kind of came out to be...
    AVONDALE — Multiple people were injured and had their belongings destroyed during a Monday fire at an encampment for homeless people in Avondale. It’s at least the second time encampments in the area have been damaged by fire in recent months. The Fire Department did not say Monday’s blaze was intentional, but a man who lives at the encampment said he saw two men start the fire. Carlos Rivera, who lives at the encampment at Belmont and Kedzie avenues, was starting his day when he saw two strangers coming in and out of the encampment. He said it looked like they were dropping off equipment, but then they set fire to two tents and ran off. The fire, which Rivera said started about 10 a.m., destroyed all of Rivera’s belongings, including his cellphone and wallet. As he tried to put it out, he burned his hand, he said. “I think...
    (CNN)On a New York City avenue near midtown Manhattan's Restaurant Row, several former restaurant windows are currently dotted with For Lease signs. But one features a surprising promise in the middle of a pandemic: "Coming Soon.""I want to go forward — no surrender," said Salvatore Fraterrigo, who placed that sign at his Sicilian restaurant Norma, a 70-seat trattoria set to open this month after the pandemic pushed back a planned spring launch.Opening a restaurant in America's most expensive city is daunting at any time. But doing so during the coronavirus crisis is forcing nascent New York City restaurateurs to cook up survival strategies before they even take their first orders."It's extremely difficult: You put a lot of capital into opening a new restaurant, and you need to start generating revenue right away," explained New York City Hospitality Alliance Executive Director Andrew Rigie. "So those people who were ready to open...have...
    A DOTING mum has given her dinosaur-obsessed toddler an incredible Jurassic inspired bedroom, complete with a hand-painted wall mural and leafy wall art. Robyn Emily, shared her two-year-old's new room online and revealed it was now her favourite room in the house. 6Mum Robyn Emily showed off the incredible dinosaur room she made for her toddlerCredit: Facebook/Robyn Emily 6She even hand-painted a huge wall mural Credit: Facebook/Robyn Emily The room is decorated in various green hues and features a selection of dinosaur toys, books and decorations. The best part by far, though, is the incredible mountain-esque feature wall which features little dinosaurs climbing the cliffs. Posting in the Hinch Army House Decorating Inspiration And Tips Facebook group, Robyn wrote: "Just want to share my 2 year old, obsessed dinosaur room." "It’s taken blood sweat and tears, freehand drawing and then painting the mural but so proud. Definitely my...
    REAL Housewives of Beverly Hills star Dorit Kemsley left fans confused as they claimed they "didn't recognize" the star in her latest Instagram snaps. Dorit, 44, revealed she'd combined date night with an "impromptu" photo shoot prior to dinner, to capture a selection of six images showing her posing in ripped jeans and a floral top. 9Dorit Kemsley fans claim she looks 'unrecognizble' in her latest Instagram picturesCredit: Instagram Despite the delicate T-Shirt featuring quirky gloved sleeves that covered the whole of the Bravo beauty's hands, followers were preoccupied with the reality star's appearance. Dorit plumped for poker straight blonde hair and chose baby pink lipgloss to highlight her plump pout, while choosing a thick black liner to enhance her eyes with a flick. After being left slightly puzzled, one Instagram follower wrote: "She doesn’t look like herself ????," to which one then replied: "Ha! I know, right?" Another added:...
    The Washington Post tweeted early Friday morning after President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump were diagnosed with coronavirus: “Opinion: Imagine what it will be like to never have to think about Trump again.” The ill-timed tweet was sent at 1:33 a.m. EDT, 39 minutes after President Trump tweeted news of the diagnosis. Tonight, @FLOTUS and I tested positive for COVID-19. We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately. We will get through this TOGETHER! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2020 Washington Post tweet (Screenshot / Twitter) The Post‘s twitter feed made the offending tweet seem like a reaction to the news, though the two articles were unrelated: Washington Post twitter feed (Screenshot / Twitter) The tweet linked to a column by Eugene Robinson, which had been posted early Thursday afternoon and was unrelated to the news of Trump’s diagnosis. Still, the timing of the Post tweet made the...
    A family of seven from Malden, Washington, has suffered immensely over the past few weeks as first their home was destroyed by a wildfire — and then they all contracted the coronavirus. First, the wildfireMatthew and Jessica Graham, along with their five children, lost their home and everything in it when a wildfire tore through their small town over Labor Day weekend, KREM-TV reported. The Grahams were in Idaho visiting Jessica's parents when they received word that a fire had sparked back home. They were notified by a friend that the town library and post office had caught fire and their house was directly in the wildfire's path. Shortly after, they received the devastating news that their house had been consumed and that nothing was left except, thankfully, the dog and the chickens. "[The friend] told us that it was a total loss," Matthew said. "It just felt like a...
    I like to think of myself as worldly enough to appreciate all kinds of music, but I draw the line at heavy metal. Not all of it — Heavy Metal magazine is a sci-fi institution, and ’80s hair metal and spandexed goons should be cherished — but definitely the guttural, headbanging shit. No offense to the fans of thrash metal, folk metal, death metal, gothic metal, doom metal, industrial metal, grindcore, power metal, speed metal and, of course, the German wave of Neue Deutsche Härte: My stoner ears just aren't that hard-core. But my lungs are darker than any music could be, so what are a few nugs of a strain named Hardcore OG going to do? After smoking a joint of Hardcore OG on an empty stomach, I've learned that when it comes to weed, as with music, toilet paper and porn, I'm more of a soft-core guy. Named...
    “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare” unexpectedly added a new killstreak in “Warzone” on Tuesday that is being criticized on social media by fans of the game mode. The “Foresight” streak, which can be picked up from the ground in bunkers following the Season 6 update, allows players to see every circle location for the remainder of a match. People who get the streak, then, have a massive tactical advantage over everyone else. Campers in particular could use “Foresight” to set up where the safety zone shrinks to and pick off targets as they are pushed into the area. MORE: NFL hits COVID-19 snag; Titans game in jeopardy Season 6 also brought an underground subway system to the Verdansk map, though that introduction is less controversial than the “Foresight” streak. Here are some of the Twitter fan reactions to the “Warzone” killstreak change: Campers have a new best friend ???? —...
    VIDEO5:0405:04Elon Musk: Tesla will be worth more in five yearsSquawk Alley Tesla's stock has already risen over 400% this year, but CEO Elon Musk said he thinks the company "will be worth more in 5 years" in an interview with Kara Swisher for a New York Times podcast. "Some critical mass of the market has concluded that Tesla will win, I guess," said Musk on the stock's increases. "I've gone on record already saying the stock prices have been high, and that was well before the current level. But also if you ask me, do I think if Tesla will be worth more than this in 5 years? I think the answer is yes." In May, Musk tweeted that Tesla's stock price was "too high," which sent it down 12% that day. However, since he made those remarks, shares are up almost 200%. In the wide-ranging interview, Musk also said, "Tesla...
    Joe Sargent/Getty Images Heinz Field during the game between the Houston Texans and the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 27, 2020. On Sunday, before the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Houston Texans 28-21 at Heinz Field, Steelers team president Art Rooney II appeared on the team’s pregame radio show on WDVE 102.5 FM and sounded hopeful that fans will soon be allowed to attend the team’s home games. “We feel good about our outdoor plan we submitted to the authorities,” Rooney said. “We’re seeing around the country other stadiums having fans and so far not having any major outbreaks of the virus because of that situation. We really think it’s time.” According to Rooney, the team’s plan includes “seating pods” that accommodate two to eight people, and if the plan goes into effect, season ticket holders will have priority in terms of selecting pods. The team will...
    A BRIDE who isn’t a fan of sponge cake has showcased her amazing cookie stack - and now everyone wants one. Taking to the Facebook group Family Lockdown Tips & Ideas her sister shared a snap of the tasty creation that she had made for the big day. 1A bride who doesn't like cake decided to have a giant stack of cookies insteadCredit: Facebook She explained that the couple had put their wedding off due to COVID 19 but had finally been able to celebrate. The sister had baked the cookies in several sizes and then stacked them so that they resembled wedding cake tiers. Captioning the post she wrote: “My sister's wedding has been reorganised twice, it looks nothing like she imagined including me making her wedding cake but it’s still going to be magical! “No where near professional standard but her and her fiancé do not like sponge...
    SISTER Wives star Gwendlyn Brown, the daughter of Kody and Christine, recently came out as bisexual, and she’s since been dealing with her siblings “gossiping” about it. The 18-year-old, who has been using her social media platform to spread awareness of LGBTQ rights and Black Lives Matter, publicly shared her sexual orientation last month with an update to her Twitter bio. 9Gwendlyn Brown called out her siblings for 'gossiping' about her bisexualityCredit: Instagram At the time, Gwendlyn’s older sister Mykelti shared her support during a Facebook Live LuLaRoe clothing sale.  When a fan asked if Mykelti is “super proud of Gwen for coming out as bisexual,” she responded, “of course I am!” On Thursday, Gwendlyn revealed all hasn’t been going as well as it appeared last month and slammed her siblings for always talking about her and for saying bisexuality isn’t real. She tweeted: “That moment when you find out your siblings...
    ARE you a romantic rustic bride or planning a whimsical yet vintage-inspired special day? Scoff all you want - wedding themes are a big deal. That said, one couple managed to come up with one we've never seen before when they threw an entirely MINION-themed wedding. 3The bridesmaids at the Despicable Me-themed wedding wore yellow dresses to match the MinionsCredit: Reddit The Despicable Me superfans found a way to incorporate the little yellow helpers into almost every aspect of the day - and even had a Minion mascot to greet guests at the venue. What's more, the bridesmaids even walked down the aisle in matching yellow dresses. And if that wasn't enough, the eccentric couple also had a wedding cake toppers specially made to match the theme. Earlier this week, photos from the Minion-themed wedding were posted on Reddit's wedding shaming forum. 3The couple had a specially made Minion wedding...
    California has already endured its worst fire year in recorded history, but with more heat and wind in the forecast, officials say conditions could get even worse as the state enters the peak of its traditional burning season. Another heat wave is bearing down on California — adding a potent ingredient to an unwelcome meteorological cocktail that will bring dangerous fire weather conditions to some parts of the already scarred state. It could be a double threat, making it harder to contain still-burning fires while also helping spark new ones when firefighting resources are already stretched thin. In recent years, some of California’s worst fires have ignited in October, November and even December, when hot Santa Ana, sundowner and diablo winds bear down, fanning the flames. “There are another two months of drama ahead,” climatologist Bill Patzert said. “If you think the season is bad now, just wait.” Even...
    By Matthew Geagan, CBS Boston BOSTON (CBS) — The Celtics did not play like a desperate team on Wednesday night. They were sluggish to start Game 4 against the Miami Heat, and then continued to play some pretty sloppy basketball throughout. Now they’re just one loss away from being sent home from the NBA bubble. Miami took a 3-1 series lead in the Eastern Conference Finals with a 112-109 victory on Wednesday, meaning Boston will be fighting off elimination come Friday evening. The Celtics better come out with a lot more juice than they did Wednesday night, otherwise their bubble is going to burst pretty quickly. They didn’t have any sense of urgency when Game 4 tipped off, and Miami took control early despite looking pretty rusty themselves following a three-day break in the series. Boston committed 11 turnovers in the first half and 19 overall in Game 4, leading...
    Ex-police officer charged in Breonna Taylor case This City Just Banned Candy From the Grocery Store Checkout Line It Takes Longer Than Youd Think For Cats to Become Friends - Heres What Experts Say There is no denying that cats are straight up adorable. They're soft, cuddly, energetic, and full of the cutest quirks - who wouldn't want a house full of cats? And yet, being a parent to multiple cats is not as easy as it sounds. Simply introducing two cats to each other does not mean they will automatically get along. Here's how long it normally takes for cats to start getting along, and how you can help the process. © Getty / Akimasa Harada It Takes Longer Than You'd Think For Cats to Become Friends - Here's What Experts Say How long does it take for cats to get along? The answer to this question depends...
    Bad news, Californians, but 2020’s fire season may not be an aberration. In fact, we’re probably facing years of increasing fire, smoke, death and destruction both in rural towns and suburban foothills unless we and the rest of the country get on the same page on how to deal with this threat. At least that’s how Tom Harbour, retired fire chief of the U.S. Forest Service, sees it. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Harbour, who led the agency’s fire response for 11 years and spent 46 years in firefighting, gave his thoughts on how California and the West have arrived on this fire-filled path and the difficult choices that would have to be made to leave it. “The broad confluence of factors that you got there in California — the Meditteranean climate, the [dead trees] in the Sierra and then over 2 million properties at risk —...
    IT'S supposed to be the most important day of your life - so it's only natural that most brides want all eyes to be on them at their wedding. That said, the only fashion "rule" guests have to follow is avoiding the colour white at all costs - but that wasn't enough for one bride-to-be. 3The bride felt this floral full length dress was inappropriate for her winter wedding because of its trainCredit: Facebook Posting on the Facebook group That's It, I'm Wedding Shaming, the Canadian bride explained how one guest is planning on wearing floral full-length dress to her winter wedding later this year. "She is not being malicious," the bride wrote. "Rather [she is] being encouraged by people to wear it. My family, specifically my mom, think I'm insane to have any questions about this dress." As well as taking issue with the dress' train, the bride feared...
    SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- We could see a new standard to help determine when counties in California can reopen. It's called the "equity metric."Counties in California are placed in one of four colored-coded "community disease transmission" risk tiers.RELATED: Coronavirus employment recovery will not be equal across Bay Area, new report predictsRight now, in order to determine how and when a county can reopen, California uses two primary indicators to determine how and when a county can reopen:1. Average number of COVID-19 cases per day2. Average percentage of positive test resultsCalifornia's Department of Public Health is still finalizing details, but a third metric, called the "equity metric," is in the works.VIDEO: Statistics show COVID-19's stunning impact on Bay Area after 6 months of sheltering in placeEMBED More News Videos These statistics show the toll of the coronavirus pandemic on the Bay Area, six months after the shelter-in-place was ordered. Dr. Mike...
    John Lennon's killer has apologised to the singer's widow, Yoko Ono, saying he thinks about the 'despicable act' all the time. Mark David Chapman, 65, was denied parole for an 11th time following a hearing last month. He has been locked up since murdering the beloved former Beatle in Manhattan in December 1980. He shot Lennon four times outside the Dakota apartment building in the Upper West Side, as Ono looked on.  A transcript of the parole hearing has revealed that the board rejected Chapman's release on the grounds it 'would be incompatible with the welfare of society'.  Mark David Chapman, seen left in a 2018 mugshot, has been denied parole for the 11th time. He murdered John Lennon in front of his wife, Yoko Ono, outside The Dakota in Manhattan in 1980 Yoko Ono and John Lennon during their 'bed-in' in the presidential suite of the...
    White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Monday commented on replacing recently deceased Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. As Democrats and Republicans quarrel over whether or not the president in the final year of his term should nominate a justice, McEnany pointed to remarks made by Democrats in 2016 to justify nominating Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. She then advised that replacing Ginsburg “can be done” before the upcoming presidential election, and the White House thinks “it will be done.” “We do think that we will end up having the votes,” McEnany stated. “We encourage Republican senators to take a look at this nominee we’re putting forward. It will be a very talented woman. The president did confirm that it will be a woman. So, we do think that it will be, of course, a tight turnaround. We know Justice Ginsburg, in fact, who we honor her legacy...
    Patrick Mahomes won the NFL MVP award in his second season in 2018. Lamar Jackson won the NFL MVP award in his second season in 2019.   Is Kyler Murray about to keep that second-year trend rolling in 2020? The question is by no means premature after Murray’s Cardinals improved to 2-0 with a 30-15 victory over Washington in Week 2. MORE: Murray is upset with his ‘Madden 21’ rating Murray is trending on Sunday just as much as those last two MVPs. He added two more rushing touchdowns on quarterback draws, giving him three TDs for the season, and both runs went viral. They were part of a day in which he had eight carries for 67 yards to go along with 26-of-38 passing for 286 yards, with a TD and an interception.   While Mahomes and Jackson continue to dominate in the AFC, Murray is shining in the NFC spotlight. And, hey, Murray is the only one of those three to win the...
    (CNN)Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff Marc Short told reporters Sunday that he doesn't believe the timing of President Donald Trump's announcement on a Supreme Court nominee will "take us long" following the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. "I don't think it will take us long," Short said after an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union."The vacancy on the bench creates what many conservatives view as a once-in-a-generation opportunity to move the makeup of the court from its current split of five conservative justices and four liberal justices to a more dominant 6-3 majority.Trump, Short said, has already spoken with a lot of the candidates on his list before the seat was vacant. Short would not comment on the White House re-interviewing candidates this spring, but did not deny that they had the search process underway before there was a formal vacancy. On Saturday, Trump quickly moved...
    Jimmy Butler lamented another slow start from the Miami Heat as the Boston Celtics held on for a 117-106 win in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals. Miami’s lead in the series was cut to 2-1 as Boston raced out to an early lead and saw it out, with four Celtics players scoring at least 20 points. The Heat had overturned a 14-point fourth-quarter deficit to win Game 1, while they rallied from a 15-point hole in the third quarter to take Game 2, yet this time around Miami, who trailed by 20 points at one point in Game 3, were unable to muster another comeback. “I think it gets old, playing from behind consistently,” Heat swingman Butler told reporters. “Especially against a great team like Boston and what they bring to the table.” Boston led 31-22 after the first quarter and though Miami scored 32 fourth-quarter...