Friday, Feb 26, 2021 - 22:58:04
126 results - (0.001 seconds)

a human life:

FORMER Human Ken Doll Jessica Alves has today shown off her stunning new curves posing in a plunging swimsuit in Marbella. The Brazilian-born star, who appeared on Celebrity Big Brother in 2018, gave fans a glimpse of her latest look while sunning herself by the pool. 6Jessica Alves, 36,shows off her new curves while posing next to a pool in Marbella Credit: BackGrid 6Shge recently revealed she spent tens of thousands on a bottom augmentationCredit: BackGrid The pictures emerged after Jessica revealed she had spent £30,000 on a bum augmentation in which she had nine litres of filler injected into her body. Her black halterneck outfit also showed off her recent breast enlargment in the Spanish resort recently rocked by coronavirus. In July Jessica - previously known as Rodrigo - told how she jetted home to undergo a Bioplasty buttock augmentation She said the procedure left her feeling "sexy for the first...
    Alex Bernard dedicated his life to ministering to people who were suffering. As a pastor at Desert Reign Church in Downey, he organized food delivery programs, mentored young people and worked as a substance abuse counselor. He also volunteered as a chaplain at the same hospital where he would eventually die of COVID-19. “His whole life was serving other people,” said his wife, Blanca. Bernard is one of more than 9,000 people who have died of COVID-19 in California. In documenting their stories for “The Pandemic’s Toll,” an ongoing tribute to California’s coronavirus victims, The Times has spoken with hundreds of people about their loved ones’ lives. Through those difficult conversations, a pattern of human kindness has emerged: Story after story touches on small acts of generosity and great acts of charity — fundraisers, volunteer work, reliable helping hands. As a whole, the tributes tell the stories of ordinary...
    NASA/JPL A panoramic view of Pathfinder's Ares Vallis landing site, featured on the cover of the Dec. 5 issue of Science, reveals traces of this warmer, wetter past, showing a floodplain covered with a variety of rock types, boulders, rounded and semi-rounded cobbles and pebbles. These rocks and pebbles are thought to have been swept down and deposited by floods which occurred early in Mars' evolution in the Ares and Tiu regions near the Pathfinder landing site. It was a flawless launch on a beautiful Thursday morning when NASA’s Perseverance rover was blasted into space aboard the Atlas V on a seven-month voyage to Mars to look for evidence of ancient life. The anxiously awaited launch from Cape Canaveral, Florida, on July 30 is the beginning of the most robust search for life on the red planet in U.S. history. Scientists are optimistic that they may uncover some...
    SAN ANTONIO – NASA has officially sent off its rover to Mars this morning from its launch site in Cape Canaveral, Florida. The mission rover is named Perseverance and it’s the most robust rover to ever be sent to Mars. Perseverance will travel 65 million miles for 6-7 months before it lands on the red planet. It will also have a sidekick, Ingenuity, a Mars helicopter. It will be the first helicopter to attempt to fly on another planet. WATCH: NASA launches Mars rover to look for signs of ancient life Scientists believe that ancient Mars was warmer and had rivers and oceans and potentially life. It’s why it’s the rover’s job to collect evidence that shows there was once life on Mars. NASA engineer Diana Trujillo explains what kind of evidence the rover is trying to find. “It’s kind of like we are looking for fossils but not really,”...
    It’s not the news you want to hear during a global health crisis. In a new theoretical study appearing in Nature Scientific Reports, a pair of statistical researchers have warned that rampant human consumption has sent us on a tailspin towards a rapid “catastrophic collapse” — which could happen in the next two to four decades. Forest density, or the current lack thereof, is considered the cataclysmic canary in the coal mine, according to the report. By comparing the rate of deforestation against humanity’s rate of consumption, study authors Mauro Bologna and Gerardo Aquino have determined there’s a 90% chance our species will collapse within decades — calling this estimate an “optimistic” measure. “Based on the current resource consumption rates and best estimate of technological rate growth our study shows that we have very low probability, less than 10% in most optimistic estimate, to survive without facing a catastrophic collapse,”...
    The bishop of Tyler, Texas, is pushing Catholics to vote in upcoming elections and specifically to vote for those who support basic rights and freedoms, especially the right to life. “July 29, CATHOLICS PLEASE VOTE with a well formed conscience & choose candidates who respect life, morality, marriage, family & our basic freedoms,” wrote Bishop Joseph Strickland on Twitter Wednesday. “It is critical that we keep eternal truths at the forefront as we vote,” he added. “Study the issues & choose candidates who respect FAITH.” Last August, Bishop Strickland praised a brother bishop for refusing to give Holy Communion to Catholic politicians who support abortion legislation. Responding to an article titled: “Catholic Bishop Will Deny Pro-Abortion Politicians Communion Until They Repent of ‘Evil,’” Strickland thanked Bishop Thomas Daly of Spokane, WA, for his courage in upholding moral truth. “Thank you bishop Daly for standing strong,” Bishop Strickland wrote in a...
    Flying is one of the most recurring dreams in people; knows the different ways in which it can be interpreted Flying is a recurring dream. Photo: Alexas Fotos / Pixabay Fly It has been the dream of human beings for many years, at present, we can do it by using sophisticated machinery such as airplanes and helicopters. However, flying through the air in our human form, like happy little birds, only in our dreams. What feeling does it make you dream to fly? There will be those who feel liberated and others who generate fear, in any case, heralds good things. Flying is synonymous with freedom, it symbolizes our inspiration and the desire to transcend; it means that we pass through all the obstacles and we have the certainty of how to do it. If you present this type of dream very often it means that...
    Our immune systems — along with those of other mammals — could struggle to fight off 'alien' bacteria and viruses from other planets, scientists have warned.  Experts believe that microorganisms could exist on other worlds — and are working to look for signs of them on Mars and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. This life might not be 'as we know it', however, as alien organisms could rely on different amino acids — the building blocks of proteins — than life uses on Earth. Experts from Exeter and Aberdeen tested how mammal immune cells responded to amino acids that are rare on Earth but commonly found in meteorites. They found that immune cells can react to unusual amino acids — but in a manner that is considerably 'less efficient' than their usual responses. The findings suggest that extraterrestrial microorganisms could potentially pose a risk to future space missions — and...
    Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp signed a batch of new laws Tuesday aimed at bolstering foster care and battling human trafficking in the Peach State, including a bill that will ban traffickers from driving commercial vehicles for life. “Today is an important step forward to ensure a brighter, safer future for Georgia's children in foster care and bring an end to human trafficking in our state,” Kemp said in a statement. One of the bills signed into law, HB 823, will penalize anyone who “knowingly” drives a motor vehicle to commit human trafficking crimes -- like smuggling someone in the back of a truck or transporting a child for sex abuse -- with a lifetime ban on operating commercial vehicles. It’s part of Georgia first lady Marty Kemp’s initiative to shut down human trafficking and increase protections for children in the state. “This fight is far from over, and it is one...
    Miguel Henrique Otero Updated: 07/16/2020 15:32 Save On July 14, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries -OPEP- reported that Venezuelan oil production during the month of June was 393,000 barrels per day. This means that, from one month to the next, an unusual and vertical drop of 180,000 barrels has been caused. Since the average in May was 573,000 barrels per day, we are talking about a collapse of almost 32%: a crazy number, which escapes any form of rationality. These few data are categorical and unequivocal. They do not accept mitigating or excuses. They are the result of the planned process of undermining and perversion of Petróleos de Venezuela -Pdvsa- and the oil industry as a whole, which Hugo Chávez activated from the day he came to power. Measure after measure, day by day, they were liquidating what was one of the most important companies in the world....
    A woman who was shot nine times by her ex-husband before he killed their two children and turned the gun on himself in a shocking murder-suicide had her scars removed in an emotional new Netflix makeover show.   Katrina, from the US, explained how she was shot in her head, arms, legs and torso by her ex-husband in the attack in her home, leaving her with scars covering her body. She awoke in hospital to discover that he had murdered their two children while she lay on the floor, before taking his own life in front of her.  Appearing on the first episode of Netflix's Skin Decision: Before And After, which launched in the UK on Wednesday, Katrina asked for help lessening the appearance of her scars and wanted a tattoo of her husband's name removed. She said she did not want the physical reminder of the horror she had endured...
    Secretary of State Mike Pompeo declared that the American way of life is “under attack” and accused the New York Times of promoting “Marxist” ideology with its controversial "1619 Project" in a speech on Thursday. Pompeo made the remarks as he unveiled a new draft report by the Commission on Unalienable Rights. He said that while America had sometimes strayed from its founding principles, those very principles gave it a standard to judge its failings and a political framework to move towards equality. He cited examples such as Brown vs Board of Education and the leadership of Martin Luther King Jr. POMPEO LAUNCHES COMMISSION TO GROUND FOREIGN POLICY IN US FOUNDING PRINCIPLES “Yet today the very core of what it means to be an American, indeed the American way of life itself, under attack,” Pompeo said. “Instead of seeking to improve America, too many leading voices promulgate hatred of our founding principles.” Pompeo was referring to some...
    Tulsa health official: Trump rally ‘likely’ source of virus surge Guess what? Ordering online groceries wont take a week anymore Walk the Moon Frontman Nicholas Petricca Comes Out as Bisexual © Getty Images Nicholas Petricca decided to speak his truth on the last day of Pride Month. The Walk the Moon frontman came out as bisexual in an Instagram post on June 30.  "My whole life i have passed for a 'normal person', cisgender straight guy, and this has afforded me a life of privilege.  virtually no name-calling or bullying or hardship around my sexuality really at all.  my heart is with so many LGBTQ+ human beings who have had a much more challenging experience than I have," Petricca wrote. "AND i believe in what Harvey Milk said… (i’m paraphrasing) that when the collective as a whole, when people as a whole realize that we are everywhere… that we...
    Texas city to issue criminal citations if COVID-19 patients leave homes Devin Nunes winery, yacht clubs, a resort in West Virginia owned by its governor – heres who got PPP loans Walk the Moons Nicholas Petricca Reveals Hes Bisexual: I Believe That Sexuality Is a Spectrum Nicholas Petricca is proud to be a part of the LGBTQ community. © Tim Mosenfelder/Getty Images Nicholas Petricca The Walk the Moon frontman, 33, opened up about his sexuality in an Instagram post celebrating the last day of Pride Month on June 30, sharing with his followers that he identifies as bisexual. "my whole life i have passed for a 'normal person,' cisgender straight guy, and this has afforded me a life of privilege. virtually no name-calling or bullying or hardship around my sexuality really at all," he wrote in the caption of a video. "my heart is with so many LGBTQ+ human...
    Back when we started WIRED magazine, it was all digital, all the time. In Silicon Valley, bodies were treated like the somewhat inconvenient and sometimes embarrassing things that needed to be fueled and occasionally rested so that they could support big heads that housed big ideas about the future. Human biology wasn’t exactly on our radar, except in science fiction, where pandemics always seemed du jour.WIRED OPINIONABOUTJane Metcalfe is the founder, with Louis Rossetto, of WIRED. After a stint as the president of TCHO Chocolate, she created NEO.LIFE to track the ways we are changing as we bring an engineering mindset to our own biology. For more on this topic, read Neo.Life: 25 Visions for the Future of Our Species. To share your thoughts, please send email to visions@neo.life. Then, in 1995, we published Scenarios, our first special issue, which imagined the future in 25 years, i.e. 2020. One article...
    ‘Despite all our medical advances,’ my friend Jason used to quip, ‘the mortality rate has remained constant – one per person.’ Jason and I studied medicine together back in the 1980s. Along with everyone else in our course, we spent six long years memorising everything that could go wrong with the human body. We diligently worked our way through a textbook called Pathologic Basis of Disease that described, in detail, every single ailment that could befall a human being. It’s no wonder medical students become hypochondriacal, attributing sinister causes to any lump, bump or rash they find on their own person. Jason’s oft-repeated observation reminded me that death (and disease) are unavoidable aspects of life. It sometimes seems, though, that we’ve developed a delusional denial of this in the West. We pour billions into prolonging life with increasingly expensive medical and surgical interventions, most of them employed in our final,...
    JENNIFER Aniston made a statement that wearing a mask "shouldn't be a debate" by posting a selfie of her wearing a mask on Instagram. The actress encouraged fans to wear masks "if you care about human life." 10 Jennifer showed that she practices what she preachesCredit: Instagram 10 She penned a lengthy Instagram post encouraging fans to wear masksCredit: Instagram The Friends star stared directly into the camera while donning a black mask to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The star captioned the post: " I understand masks are inconvenient and uncomfortable. "But don’t you feel that it’s worse that businesses are shutting down... jobs are being lost... health care workers are hitting absolute exhaustion. And so many lives have been taken by this virus because we aren’t doing enough." 10 She concluded the post with a red heart emojiCredit: Instagram 10 The actress asks fans to think of others...
    Supermodel Emily Sears revealed that she underwent brain surgery while awake after suffering “multiple seizures.” “So, last Thursday, I had brain surgery!” the 35-year-old model captioned her post on Instagram, along with a photo of herself in a hospital bed at UCLA’s neurosurgery unit. The post was noted by Fox News in a piece published Tuesday. (SLIDESHOW: 142 Times Josephine Skriver Barely Wore Anything)   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Emily Sears (@emilysears) on Jun 29, 2020 at 3:10pm PDT The Australian model explained that the “past year of my life is so hard to put into words. In April last year, I suddenly woke up in an ambulance being taken to hospital after having a major seizure while shopping.” (SLIDESHOW: 142 Times Josephine Skriver Barely Wore Anything) “After a few days of tests, I was diagnosed as having a cavernous malformation, otherwise known...
    MODEL Emily Sears underwent brain surgery while awake and 'remember every moment.' The 35-year-old Australian model had maintained her epileptic seizures a secret from her followers for over a year. 5 Emily Sears revealed she had brain surgeryCredit: Instagram Emily took to Instagram to reveal the shocking news of her brain surgery procedure on Monday. She shared a shocking photo taken by her boyfriend, the cricketer Shane Warne, where she was sleeping in a hospital bed with a bandaged head. She announced: "So, last Thursday, I had brain surgery! I’ve delayed posting this because I don’t even know where to begin. The past year of my life is so hard to put into words." 5 She revealed that she's been battling with seizures for over a year nowCredit: Instagram The model dived into how everything started: "In April last year, I suddenly woke up in an ambulance being taken to...
    Paul Archuleta / Getty Images Australian model and influencer Emily Sears shared that she underwent brain surgery while awake last week in an Instagram post to her 4.9 million followers.  Sears wrote that she was diagnosed with a cavernous malformation — a cluster of abnormal blood vessels in the brain — after having a major seizure during a shopping trip.  She decided to have the brain surgery, which she was awake for, to stop the seizures she was having rather than relying on medication to manage her condition.  "I remember every moment of being awake, there was 2 surgeons and one waved at me," she wrote. "It was as strange and surreal as it sounds."  Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. Emily Sears, a model who has graced Carl's Jr. ads and appeared in campaigns for Khloe Kardashian's Good American denim line, shared that she underwent a life-changing...
    Carl’s Jr. model Emily Sears revealed she underwent brain surgery last week. The Australian star took to Instagram on Monday and revealed she was diagnosed last year with “a cavernous malformation, otherwise known as cavernoma, which is a cluster of abnormal blood vessels in the brain which cause epileptic seizures.” According to the 35-year-old, the diagnosis came after “having a major seizure while shopping” last April. “So, last Thursday, I had brain surgery!” Sears captioned a photo of herself in a hospital bed at UCLA’s neurosurgery unit. “I’ve delayed posting this because I don’t even know where to begin. The past year of my life is so hard to put into words. In April last year, I suddenly woke up in an ambulance being taken to hospital after having a major seizure while shopping. After a few days of tests, I was diagnosed as having a cavernous malformation, otherwise known...
    Re: “Letter: Looted objects don’t equate to the loss of human life” (Letters to the editor, Page A8, June 19) The letter-writer suggests that “looting is not violence” since insurance can replace property, but not human life. While the final product of looting may be property, which is certainly something not the equal of human life, that doesn’t justify the act of looting, nor does it make act nonviolent.Related Articles Letter: Don’t stop with statues, remove presidents from bills Letter: NBA should just cancel current 2020 season Letter: Time for college athletes to force change in programs Letter: Let’s respect each other, not fall to mob mentality Letter: Grateful to county medical officials for helping save lives People have been killed while trying to protect property from the looters, and during the violence, I doubt that they cared...
    Coronavirus has cost the US more than 138,000 years in potential human life, according to a Harvard University study.  Although coronavirus is particularly dangerous to older people, the infection has by no means spared young people.  Harvard researchers calculated years of life lost based on how many people under the age of 65 have died of COVID-19, because these young people would under normal circumstances be unlikely to die this year. And to their horror, the study authors found that black Americans collectively lost 45,777 years of life - 37 percent more than the loss suffered by white Americans as a whole.  Collectively Americans have lost 138,000 years of potential life. Nearly 46,000 years of human life have been lost among black Americans, 37% more years than white people have lost despite making up a smaller share of the US population (file)   More than 120,000 Americans have...
    Louisville police officer Brett HankisonSource: Louisville Metro Police Department The Louisville Metro police department has fired one of the police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor, more than three months after the 26-year-old black woman was killed in her home. A termination letter sent to Officer Brett Hankison released by the city's police department Tuesday said Hankinson violated procedures by showing "extreme indifference to the value of human life" when he "wantonly and blindly" shot 10 rounds of gunfire into Taylor's apartment in March. The letter also said Hankison, who is white, violated the rule against using deadly force. Taylor, who was Black, was shot eight times by officers who burst into her Louisville home using a no-knock warrant during a March 13 narcotics investigation. The warrant to search her home was in connection with a suspect who did not live there, and no drugs were found...
    Re: “Do the lives of looted car and shop owners matter too?” (Letter to the editor, Eastbaytimes.com, June 5): To answer the letter-writer’s question as to whether the lives of looted car and shop-owners matter, the answer is that the loss of material objects does not equate to loss of human life. Additionally, we know that the majority of protestors, like myself, aren’t looting. There are people taking advantage of police chaos. Furthermore, looting is not violence, second-degree murder is. Car insurance will replace your car, life insurance does not replace your life. Related Articles Letter: Third track star also took stand for human rights Letter: We need reporters to keep our public officials honest Letter: Bill shows our unity on solving climate issues Letter: Guatemalan or not, the US flies asylum-seekers there Letter: Humans at PG&E made the choices that killed 84 To equate Black lives to material objects...
    A bizarre snapshot of the surface of Mars has recently resurfaced along with the conspiracy theory that it shows a human bone. Some people think they can see a femur amongst rubble on the Red Planet but this theory was debunked by NASA long ago. The photo was actually taken back in 2014 by the Curiosity Rover’s MastCam. It’s still used by conspiracy theorists to claim that there was once human life on Mars. This is because it shows a piece of rubble that looks quite similar to a human thigh bone. A NASA spokesperson previously explained: “Seen by Mars rover Curiosity using its MastCam, this Mars rock may look like a femur thigh bone. “Mission science team members think its shape is likely sculpted by erosion, either wind or water. “If life ever existed on Mars, scientists expect that it would be small simple life forms called microbes. “Mars...