Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 - 09:20:57
1000 results - (0.000 seconds)

Andrew Cuomo:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Sunday night he was “truly sorry” if “some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation,” as he sought to rebut claims by a former aide she was sexually harassed by him. “To be clear I never inappropriately touched anybody and I never propositioned anybody and I never intended to make anyone feel uncomfortable,” the 63-year-old said in a statement released by his office, adding he had teased people about their personal lives in an attempt to be “playful.” “I now understand that my interactions may have been insensitive or too personal and that some of my comments, given my position, made others feel in ways I never intended. I acknowledge some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation. To the extent anyone felt that way, I am truly sorry about that,” he said. WOW...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday responded after facing a second allegation of sexual harassment. It came as he battled with Attorney General Letitia James over the appointment of an independent prosecutor to investigate the allegations. It’s a crisis on top of a crisis on top of a crisis for Cuomo, who until recently was regarded as something of a political mastermind, CBS2’s Marcia Kramer reported Sunday. READ MORE: 2nd Former Aide Accuses Gov. Andrew Cuomo Of Sexual Harassment, Governor Requests Independent Review Crisis one is the mounting allegations of sexual harassment. Crisis two, Cuomo forced to reverse course and propose having attorney Attorney General James and Chief Judge Janet DiFiore appoint an independent investigator, after his attempt to name his own investigator was roundly criticized. Crisis three, the attorney general refused to act, instead demanding Cuomo send her a legal referral so her office can supervise...
    ANDREW Cuomo has been accused of sexual harassment by two ex-staffers and has confessed to carrying out "unwanted flirtation". The New York Governor has bowed to pressure and has agreed to an independent inquiry into allegations made against him. 2Andrew Cuomo confessed to "unwanted flirtation" after a second aide accused him of sexual harassmentCredit: AFP After sex pest claims came to light, an array of high profile Democrats - including President Joe Biden - turned on him, with one even branding him a "monster". Who is Charlotte Bennett? Charlotte Bennett is one of the two women who have accused Cuomo, 63, of sexual harassment. The 25-year-old is a former aide to Cuomo. She worked as executive assistant and health policy advisor in the Governor's administration until she left the post in November. Bennett now works as director of operations at Primary Maternity Care, according to her LinkedIn page. 2Charlotte...
    On Sunday night, around the time the woefully corrupt Golden Globes were wrapping up, John Oliver was launching into a speech against New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, “a man whose face, build, and general demeanor always seems to scream ‘Business Frankenstein.’” The comic opened his latest Last Week Tonight on the myriad controversies surrounding Cuomo, a man who was inexplicably hailed as a COVID-19 hero for holding regular press conferences while he was presiding over a state with the most COVID-19 deaths of any, erecting a performative blockade in New Rochelle to “contain” the virus’ spread, overseeing erratic dining and school rules, somehow found the time to write a book about how well he was doing containing COVID, and placing COVID-positive patients back into nursing homes—an outrageous decision that led to countless deaths, and I say “countless” because the number of nursing home deaths were underreported by the Cuomo administration,...
    GOVERNOR Andrew Cuomo is seen in a recently-surfaced video telling a woman reporter he wants to see her eat a whole sausage sandwich - just as he faces his second allegation of sexual harassment in a week. "Will you eat the whole sandwich?" Cuomo asks News 12 reporter Beth Cefalu in a recently surfaced clip from 2016. 2Cuomo is seen in a 2016 video asking a woman reporter if she would eat a sausageCredit: Twitter Cuomo then calls over an aide to give the reporter a sandwich. The video jumped to the aide giving Cefalu a sandwich, with the reporter recording the entire interaction on her phone. "I want to see you eat the whole sausage," Cuomo is seen telling the reporter. "I don't know if I should the whole sausage in front of you but I'm definitely gonna eat it," Cefalu responds. 2Cuomo then asked the reporter to sit...
    CNN ANCHOR Dana Bash accidentally referred to her CNN coworker Chris Cuomo instead of his brother, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, when talking about the sexual harassment allegations against the governor. In conversation with White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki, Bash misspoke and incorrectly quoted the New York Times article on "Governor Chris Cuomo." 4CNN star Dana Bash accidentally switched the Cuomos in conversation with Jen PsakiCredit: CNN 4Bash accidentally said "Chris Cuomo" faced allegations of sexual harassment instead of his brotherCredit: Getty Images - Getty "The New York Times is reporting that last night that a second allegation of sexual harassment against New York Gov. Chris Cuomo, this is a report from a former aide," Bash said on Sunday's "State of the Union." "First, President Biden has been consistent that he believes every woman should be heard," Psaki said. "There should be an independent review looking into these...
    NEW York Governor Andrew Cuomo has confessed to carrying out "unwanted flirtation" after a second aide accused him of sexual harrasment. Last night, a second former aide came forward with sex pest allegations three days after another ex-staffer made similar claims. 2Andrew Cuomo has confessed to "unwanted flirtation" after a second aide accused him of sexual harrasmentCredit: AFP 2Andrew Cuomo statementCredit: Twitter Now in a statement he has admitted that some things he said to staff in the past could have been interpreted as "unwanted flirtation." He said: "I acknowledge some of the things I have said have been misinterpreted as an unwanted flirtation. "To the extent anyone felt that way, I am truly sorry about that." Most read in NewsBreakingBACK IN THE RINGTrump says he 'may beat Dems a THIRD time' & rips Biden in wild speechBIG BUCKSRepublican calls for $10,000 STIMULUS CHECKS to all Americans in Biden's...
    More On: andrew cuomo Equality act guts religious liberty and other commentary AOC, top Dems demand independent probe of Cuomo NY AG wants to oversee probe of ‘troubling’ Cuomo sexual harassment claims Cuomo should lose emergency powers amid sexual harassment claims: de Blasio Growing scandals have the walls closing in around Gov. Cuomo, but his buddy Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie still has the gov’s back. Even after Cuomo’s mishandling of COVID in nursing- and long-term-care homes, his coverup of total fatalities and sexual-harassment allegations leveled by two former aides, Heastie is stifling efforts to rein in the governor, his longtime ally. When Assemblyman Ron Kim (D-Queens) accused the gov of threatening him in a heated phone call after The Post broke the story of a top Cuomo aide admitting the coverup was intentional, Heastie didn’t side with his colleague. Instead, he urged . . . calm, merely issuing...
    Hamilton.edu Charlotte Bennett Charlotte Bennett is the second former aide to accuse New York Governor Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment. The governor has also been under increasing fire for his nursing home policies relating to COVID-19. However, Bennett’s story adds to a growing sexual harassment controversy surrounding the Democratic governor. Bennett alleged to The New York Times that the governor made a series of personal remarks to her that made her uncomfortable. She said the governor never tried to physically touch her. Cuomo is divorced from Kerry Kennedy, the daughter of Robert F. Kennedy, and his relationship with celebrity Sandra Lee ended in 2019. Here’s what you need to know:1. Bennett Says Cuomo Asked Her Questions About Her Sex & Dating Life TwitterCharlotte Bennett Bennett gave her story to The New York Times. The Times reported that she alleges that Cuomo “asked her questions about her...
    Saturday night, the New York Times published allegations from a second woman who says Andrew Cuomo sexually harassed her. Charlotte Bennett, a 25-year-old former aide to the governor, recounts a pattern of inappropriate conduct, including probing questions about her sex life. In one exchange, Bennett told the Times, Cuomo inquired into her interest in older men, while making clear he was willing to date a woman as young as her. Bennett’s contemporaneous text messages lend support to her account. After the Times published its article, a series of New York politicians—including the lieutenant governor and the leading candidates for New York City’s mayor—called for an independent investigation into her allegations. Usually, I’d say that was exactly the right response. But here, I’m not so certain, for the simple reason that the governor doesn’t actually appear to dispute any of the facts in Bennett’s account. The question, then, should be simply...
    In a show that’s often known for its political jabs, all eyes are on the 2021 Golden Globes to see if it will address one of the bigger political stories happening right now — the allegations against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.  Two women have come forward with allegations of sexual harassment against Cuomo that he denies. Meanwhile, he is also facing criticism for allegedly underreporting nursing home coronavirus deaths by as much as 50% to avoid federal scrutiny. While the Globes are typically a night to honor the success of people in TV and film throughout the year, the show is rarely shy about taking political barbs at the hottest news stories of the day either by way of the hosts of the show or the stars accepting awards. For example, Ricky Gervais hosted the 77th Annual Golden Globes in 2020 where he made headlines for skewering Hollywood’s elite...
    ALBANY, N.Y. (CBSNewYork/AP) —  Gov. Andrew Cuomo has asked New York’s attorney general and chief appeals court judge to jointly appoint an independent lawyer to investigate claims that he sexually harassed at least two women who worked for him. The move came after legislative leaders assailed Cuomo’s plan to appoint a retired federal judge to conduct the probe. READ MORE: 2nd Former Aide Accuses Gov. Andrew Cuomo Of Sexual Harassment, Governor Requests Independent Review New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called on the state legislature to revoke Cuomo’s emergency powers related to the pandemic and backed calls for an independent investigator. My statement regarding the latest disturbing allegations against Governor Cuomo: pic.twitter.com/NfZgmJSrUD — Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) February 28, 2021 New York Attorney General Letitia James urged the governor to refer the investigation to her office. Given state law, this can only be accomplished through an official referral...
    CNN anchor Dana Bash mistakenly confused her co-worker Chris Cuomo with Andrew Cuomo as she discussed allegations against the New York governor with White House press secretary Jen Psaki Sunday morning.  Bash was covering a second claim of sexual harassment against Cuomo on CNN's State of the Union when she said: 'The New York Times is reporting last night a second allegation of sexual harassment against New York Governor Chris Cuomo.' 'This is a report from a former aide Charlotte Bennett saying that Cuomo asked her alone in his office last spring about her sex life, including whether she ever had sex with older men she has other allegations as well,' she continued.  Bash eventually corrected herself by saying: 'Governor Andrew Cuomo I should say, obviously.' CNN anchor Dana Bash (left) mistakenly confused her co-worker Chris Cuomo with Andrew Cuomo as she discussed allegations against the New York governor...
    CNN news anchor Dana Bash accidentally called New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo by his brother Chris Cuomo's name when asking White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki about sexual harassment allegations against Andrew Cuomo. "The New York Times is reporting that last night that a second allegation of sexual harassment against New York Gov. Chris Cuomo, this is a report from a former aide," Bash said during Sunday's "State of the Union." CNN'S CHRIS CUOMO ONCE TEASED BROTHER FOR BEING 'SINGLE AND READY TO MINGLE' "First, President Biden has been consistent that he believes every woman should be heard. ... There should be an independent review looking into these allegations," Psaki said. Bash corrected herself after Psaki's response. CUOMO TEAM BACKS AWAY FROM SEXUAL HARASSMENT INVESTIGATION PICK, ALLOWS AG TO CHOOSE INDEPENDENT LAWYER Chris Cuomo is Bash's fellow news anchor at CNN and faced criticism for a series of chummy television interviews...
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) at a September 9, 2020 press conference. Lev Radin/Pacific Press via ZUMA Let our journalists help you make sense of the noise: Subscribe to the Mother Jones Daily newsletter and get a recap of news that matters.Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a Democrat who has served as the New York’s governor since 2011, is facing criticism from both parties and calls to resign after a second woman stepped forward to share her story of sexual harassment while working for him. Cuomo further angered critics by naming an investigator to look into the allegations—forcing him on Sunday to announce that he would not choose the investigator but leave that appointment to the state attorney general and the chief judge of the state’s highest court. This latest crisis for the three-term governor began on February 24, when Lindsay Boylan, a former top aide at the state’s economic development agency, published an account of the...
    Andrew Cuomo’s ex-girlfriend, Sandra Lee, issued words of ‘healing’ and ‘peace’ to her social media followers just hours after the New York Governor was accused of sexual harassment by a former aide for the second time. Lee, an Emmy-award winning Food Network chef who dated Cuomo for more than 14-years, wrote to Instagram on Saturday night: ‘Sending everyone peace and loving healing regards from Malibu! The best sunsets ever thank God for the Ocean!’ The 54-year-old’s post came in the wake of a bombshell New York Times report, in which Cuomo’s 25-year-old former aide, Charlotte Bennett, accused him of asking her inappropriate personal question at work, including whether she had monogamous relationships and if she dated older men. Bennett’s accusations followed closely on the heels of similar claims made by another former aide, Lindsey Boylan, who accused Cuomo, 63, of attempting to kiss her on the mouth while they were...
    Andrew Cuomo An adviser for New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) announced on Sunday that they asked the offices of state Attorney General Letitia James and Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals Janet DiFiore to jointly choose an attorney to run an independent investigation into sexual harassment claims against the governor. The attorney general is separately elected. The Court of Appeals Chief Judge Janet DiFiore is a Gov. Cuomo appointee — Nick Reisman (@NickReisman) February 28, 2021 This follows after the adviser announced on Saturday that there would be an “independent review” after a former aide stepped forward with sexual harassment claims against the governor, but some elected Democrats called B.S. and demanded a legitimately independent probe. “This is no joke,” wrote Rep. Kathleen Rice (D-New York, 4th District) on Saturday night. “There must be an independent investigation into these allegations. The accused CANNOT appoint the investigator. PERIOD.” Rice was not...
    Loading the player... Another former aide has come forward and accused Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment. Charlotte Bennett is the second woman in less than a week to detail workplace interactions with Cuomo that she considered inappropriate, prompting an anti-sexual harassment group to call for the three-term governor’s resignation. A former health policy advisor and executive assistant to Cuomo, Bennett told the New York Times that the governor had made comments and asked questions that were inappropriate and made her uncomfortable. She spoke about a particular encounter alone in his office at the State Capitol last June. Bennett left the administration in November. Charlotte Bennett (via LinkedIn In the wake of the allegations, the Sexual Harassment Working Group, made up of seven former state legislative staffers, are urging Cuomo to step down as Governor, according to the New York Post. “ENOUGH,” said a statement...
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) was hit on Saturday by allegations from a second former aide, who claimed the governor asked her inappropriate questions about her sex life back in June 2020. However, just one month prior, the “Cuomo Prime Time” host, Chris Cuomo, had his brother on the show as part of a collection of pithy interviews in the early months of the pandemic. “Do you think you are an attractive person now because you’re single and ready to mingle?” the CNN anchorman asked. “Do you think that you’re some desirable single person and that this is not just people’s pain coming out of them?” “I think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” the governor grinned. “Listen to you, you got an answer for anything. You’re feeling pretty good about yourself these days, aren’t ya?” the anchor beamed. BREAKING: Governor #AndrewCuomo is single and ready to mingle. Any...
    More On: andrew cuomo Pete Davidson as ‘Cuomo’ laments he’s ‘in the friggin’ doghouse again’ in SNL skit NY’s Sexual Harassment Working Group urges Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign Cuomo’s ex Sandra Lee wishes ‘peace, healing’ after second sexual harassment claim Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s history with women: Wives, girlfriends, accusers President Biden backs an “independent review” of sexual harassment claims against Gov. Andrew Cuomo after allegations from two female former staffers​, White House press secretary Jen Psaki said. “There should be an independent review looking into these allegations, and that’s certainly something he supports, and we believe should move forward as quickly as possible,​” Psaki told CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday. “They’re serious. It was hard to read that story as a woman, and that process should move forward as quickly as possible​,​ and that’s something we all support and the ​p​resident supports​,” Psaki said.​ Beth Garvey, special counsel...
    CNN’s Dana Bash asked White House press secretary Jen Psaki Sunday about the serious allegations of sexual harassment against New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. A second former aide to Cuomo came forward alleging he sexually harassed her in a New York Times report Saturday. Charlotte Bennett’s account followed that of another former Cuomo aide, Lindsey Boylan. Bash asked Psaki about the harassment allegations against the governor — awkwardly referring to him as “Governor Chris Cuomo” before correcting a minute later — and whether President Joe Biden believes Bennett or Cuomo. “President Biden has been consistent that he believes that every woman should be heard, should be treated with respect and dignity. Charlotte should be treated with respect and dignity, and so should Lindsey,” Psaki said. She told Bash Biden would support an “independent review looking into these allegations.” “It was hard to read that story as a woman, and that process...
    February 28, 2021 10:33 AM | With information from EFE 15 minutes. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is facing harassment allegations for the second time after a former aide reported asking him uncomfortable questions about his sex life, which the Democrat rejected, said Saturday. New York Times. The woman was identified as Charlotte Bennett, executive assistant and health policy advisor until last November. Bennett assured the newspaper that the governor asked him if he was monogamous and if he had ever had relationships with older men. He also pointed out, during several interviews with the newspaper, that the alleged harassment occurred late last spring, during the height of the fight against the coronavirus in the state. According to the newspaper, Bennett, 25, said that the most “disturbing” thing happened on June 5 when Cuomo allegedly asked him many questions, even if he thought age made a difference in romantic...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Gov. Andrew Cuomo has requested an independent review after another former aide has come forward with sexual harassment accusations. According to The New York Times, a second woman has come forward claiming the governor sexually harassed her when she was an executive assistant. READ MORE: Former Aides Karen Hinton, Lindsey Boylan Accuse Gov. Andrew Cuomo Of Bullying, Sexual Harassment The article states 25-year-old Charlotte Bennett is alleging Cuomo asked her late last spring “numerous questions about her personal life, including whether she thought age made a difference in romantic relationships, and had said that he was open to relationships with women in their 20s — comments she interpreted as clear overtures to a sexual relationship.” Bennett told The Times that she spoke to Cuomo’s chief of staff and Judith Mogul, special counsel to the governor, about the interaction. She was then transferred to a health policy...
    A second former aide alleged Saturday she was sexually harassed by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who responded with a statement of his own proclaiming innocence, saying he never made advances toward her and never intended to be inappropriate. Charlotte Bennett, a health policy adviser in the Democratic governor’s administration until November, told the New York Times Cuomo asked her inappropriate questions about her sex life, including whether she ever had sex with older men. The 25-year-old former aide added Cuomo, 63, confided he was open to relationships with women in their 20s. Bennett’s allegations come in the same week another former aide outlined claims of unwanted sexual advances in a blog post, as Breitbart News reported. WOW https://t.co/kWNvnnjfzw — Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) February 24, 2021 In that instance, Lindsey Boylan, a former deputy secretary for economic development and special adviser to the governor, accused Cuomo of subjecting her to an unwanted kiss...
    A second former aide has come forward with sexual harassment allegations against New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, who responded with a statement Saturday saying he never made advances toward her and never intended to be inappropriate. Charlotte Bennett, a health policy adviser in the Democratic governor's administration until November, told The New York Times that Cuomo asked her inappropriate questions about her sex life, including whether she had ever had sex with older men. Another former aide, Lindsey Boylan, a former deputy secretary for economic development and special adviser to the governor, recently accused Cuomo of subjecting her to an unwanted kiss and inappropriate comments. Cuomo denied the allegations. Cuomo said in a statement Saturday that Bennett was a "hardworking and valued member of our team during COVID" and that "she has every right to speak out." He said he had intended to be a mentor for Bennett, who is 25. "I...
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s love life has been rocky, and sometimes cringe-worthy, for years — since well before a second former aide accused him of sexual harassment on the job on Feb. 27. Briefly the hearthrob of some swooning liberals — who called themselves "Cuomosexuals" at the height of the governor’s daily COVID-19 briefings last year — Cuomo, 63, has made no secret that he’s on the prowl after a very public breakup in 2019. One of those Cuomosexuals was comedian Chelsea Handler. But when the LA-based comic asked him out online, the gov ghosted her, she joked last October, a year after his breakup with 14-year girlfriend and celebrity chef Sandra Lee. Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., is accompanied by his girlfriend Sandra Lee at the White House in Washington, Oct. 18, 2016. (Associated Press) NY GOV. CUOMO, SO-CALLED 'LOVE GOV,' JOKED WITH CNN HOST BRO 2 MONTHS BEFORE 2ND ALLEGED SEX HARASSMENT...
    More On: andrew cuomo NY’s Sexual Harassment Working Group urges Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign Cuomo’s ex Sandra Lee wishes ‘peace, healing’ after second sexual harassment claim Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s history with women: Wives, girlfriends, accusers ‘You’re a monster’: NY pols speak out against Cuomo as second accuser emerges It didn’t take very long for Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s latest sex-harassment controversy to make the leap into the nation’s popular culture — just hours after news broke of a second accuser, he was being mocked on Saturday Night Live. Cast member Pete Davidson took his best shot while portraying Cuomo in a cold open skit in which governors vied for coronavirus vaccines in a game-show setting. “Nice bodies, some of you,” Davidson’s Cuomo cracked while scanning the audience. When some in the audience groaned, Davidson continued, “I know. I’m in the friggin’ dog house again. “Remember when your favorite...
    A second woman has accused Gov. Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment, according to a new report. Charlotte Bennett, a 25-year-old former aide to Cuomo, told The New York Times that the governor asked her inappropriate personal questions, told her he was open to relationships with women in their 20s, and left her feeling that he “wanted to sleep with me.” Bennett, who worked as an executive assistant and health-policy adviser, told the Times the interactions took place in the spring, as the coronavirus pandemic flared. Cuomo, 63, never made any physical advances, she said. Still, she described a June meeting in Cuomo’s Albany office, during which he griped about being lonely during the pandemic and whined he “can’t even hug anyone.” Cuomo, 63, then pressed her: “Who did I last hug,” she said. She tried to dodge the question by saying she missed hugging her parents. “And he...
    As the daughter of a father, my stomach crawled up into my throat when I read Charlotte Bennett’s account of her time working for Gov. Andrew Cuomo. Bennett is not only the same age as Cuomo’s daughters, she actually told him that in middle school she’d played sports against them. And yet, Cuomo found it appropriate—and, he says, mentorly!—to repeatedly interrogate her about her sex life, talk to her about his physical loneliness since his split from his longtime girlfriend, and advise her to get a tattoo on her butt. I specify that these feelings come up for me as the daughter of a father because men so often think it’s relevant to frame their concern for women in the context of their familial ties. Cuomo also benefited last year from situating himself as New York State’s dad-in-chief. Just a month before Cuomo’s behavior toward her became aggressively unprofessional, according...
    An anti-sexual-harassment group made up of former state legislative staffers called on Gov. Cuomo to resign Saturday in the wake of sexual harassment allegations against him. “ENOUGH. New York State has now lost the talents and ambition of yet another woman, whose safety and integrity were eliminated to serve a powerful man’s desires. Andrew Cuomo must resign now,” the Sexual Harassment Working Group said in a statement, after ex-Cuomo aide, Charlotte Bennett, accused the governor of behaving inappropriately toward her last year.  Bennett, 25, told The New York Times that Cuomo, 63, complained to her about being “lonely” and not being able to hug anyone during the pandemic, before pressing her on who she last hugged. When she revealed her own history of sexual assault to Cuomo, Bennett claimed his reaction “was something out of a horror movie,” the paper reported. Cuomo allegedly kept repeating to Bennett, “‘You were raped...
    More On: andrew cuomo Cuomo’s ex Sandra Lee wishes ‘peace, healing’ after second sexual harassment claim Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s history with women: Wives, girlfriends, accusers ‘You’re a monster’: NY pols speak out against Cuomo as second accuser emerges For Andrew Cuomo, third time’s the harm: Goodwin An anti-sexual-harassment group made up of former state legislative staffers called on Gov. Cuomo to resign Saturday in the wake of sexual harassment allegations against him. “ENOUGH. New York State has now lost the talents and ambition of yet another woman, whose safety and integrity were eliminated to serve a powerful man’s desires. Andrew Cuomo must resign now,” the Sexual Harassment Working Group said in a statement, after ex-Cuomo aide, Charlotte Bennett, accused the governor of behaving inappropriately toward her last year.  Bennett, 25, told The New York Times that Cuomo, 63, complained to her about being “lonely” and not being able to...
    They’re not silent anymore: an increasingly vocal chorus of critics on both sides of the political aisle slammed Gov. Cuomo Saturday as news spread that a second former aide has accused him of sexual harassment. Everyone from familiar GOP foes to his own second in command spoke up in favor of an independent investigation after Charlotte Bennett, 25, came forward to The New York Times to describe Cuomo’s allegedly creepy behavior. At least one state senator didn’t mince words. “@NYGovCuomo, you are a monster, and it is time for you to go. Now,” wrote state Sen. Alessandra Biaggi, a Democrat from The Bronx. Most were more measured, including Democratic Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie. “As I previously stated, all allegations of harassment must be taken seriously. A truly independent investigation is warranted,” Heastie said. Senate leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins called the new allegations “deeply disturbing and concerning. The behavior described has no...
    More On: andrew cuomo Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s history with women: Wives, girlfriends, accusers ‘You’re a monster’: NY pols speak out against Cuomo as second accuser emerges For Andrew Cuomo, third time’s the harm: Goodwin Another former aide accuses Cuomo of sexual harassment: report Gov. Cuomo’s ex, Sandra Lee, offered words of “healing” to her social media followers just hours after sexual harassment allegations were made public against him by a second woman in a matter of days.  “Sending everyone peace and loving healing regards from Malibu! The best sunsets ever thank God for the Ocean!” Lee posted on Instagram Saturday night, alongside a photo of a beach.  The post was made hours after The New York Times revealed Cuomo’s 25-year-old former aide, Charlotte Bennet, is accusing the 63-year-old governor of asking her inappropriate personal questions at work — telling her he was open to relationships with women in their...
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s love life has been rocky, and sometimes cringe-worthy, for years — since well before a second former aide accused him of sexual harassment on the job on Saturday. Briefly the hearthrob of some swooning liberals — who called themselves “Cuomosexuals” at the height of the governor’s daily COVID-19 briefings last year — Cuomo, 63, has made no secret that he’s on the prowl after a very public breakup in 2019. One of those Cuomosexuals was comedian Chelsea Handler. But when the LA-based comic asked him out online, the gov ghosted her, she joked last October, a year after his breakup with 14-year girlfriend and celebrity chef Sandra Lee. “I’m a big fan of Chelsea’s and she is great and we have fun but on my dating life, you know, I am only dating at this point in-state residents,” Cuomo said during an appearance in October on...
    More On: andrew cuomo For Andrew Cuomo, third time’s the harm: Goodwin Another former aide accuses Cuomo of sexual harassment: report ‘Arrest Cuomo’ T-shirts a hit at CPAC NYC COVID-19 vaccinations hit a record high: de Blasio They’re not silent anymore: an increasingly vocal chorus of critics on both sides of the political aisle slammed Gov. Cuomo Saturday as news spread that a second former aide has accused him of sexual harassment. Everyone from familiar GOP foes to his own second in command spoke up in favor of an independent investigation after Charlotte Bennett, 25, came forward to The New York Times to describe Cuomo’s allegedly creepy behavior. At least one state senator didn’t mince words. “@NYGovCuomo, you are a monster, and it is time for you to go. Now,” wrote state Sen. Alessandra Biaggi, a Democrat from The Bronx. Most were more measured, including Democratic Assembly Speaker Carl...
    More from: Michael Goodwin Democrats cynical ‘Jan. 6’ politics: Goodwin Joe Biden brings America back to bad Obama days: Goodwin Biden repeats Obamas mistakes by dissing Israel: Goodwin Gov. Cuomos ‘heartless’ distortions can’t hide truth: Goodwin A second justified impeachment outcome: Goodwin It was a freewheeling conversation in a Manhattan restaurant about how to change Albany. Andrew Cuomo, then New York’s attorney general, was a lock to be elected governor in 2010 and was already gaming the hurdles and opportunities.  His conclusion would prove prophetic in ways he couldn’t imagine. “The answer is to do it in two terms,” he told a companion. “Third terms are always a mistake.”  Cuomo cited his father, Mario Cuomo, and Republican George Pataki as governors who should have stopped after two terms, the companion tells me.  The irony is beyond rich now that Andrew Cuomo is hitting major turbulence midway through his own...
    GOVERNOR Andrew Cuomo has been accused of sexual harassment by another former employee less than a week after he was accused by sexual harassment by a former aide. Charlotte Bennett claimed the New York governor asked personal "questions about her sex life, whether she was monogamous in her relationships and if she had ever had sex with older men." 4Cuomo, 63, has been accused of sexual harassment by a second womanCredit: AP:Associated Press 4Charlotte Bennett, 25, claimed Cuomo would ask if she's ever been with an older manCredit: Twitter In an interview with the New York Times, Bennett, 25, said she left the governor's office last November after claiming the harassment came during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic. "I understood that the governor wanted to sleep with me, and felt horribly uncomfortable and scared," Bennett said. "And was wondering how I was going to get out of it and...
    Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Tags: New York, Associated Press
    More On: andrew cuomo ‘Arrest Cuomo’ T-shirts a hit at CPAC NYC COVID-19 vaccinations hit a record high: de Blasio ‘Impeach!’ Billboard vents fury at Cuomo over COVID nursing home scandal NY officials quiet on probe into nursing home’s suspiciously low death count A second woman has accused Gov. Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment, according to a new report. Charlotte Bennett, a 25-year-old former aide to Cuomo, told the New York Times that the governor asked her inappropriate personal questions and had said that he was open to a relationships with women in their 20s. Cuomo released a statement Saturday night saying, “Ms. Bennett was a hardworking and valued member of our team during COVID. She has every right to speak out.” “When she came to me and opened up about being a sexual assault survivor and how it shaped her and her ongoing efforts to create an organization...
    A second former aide to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is accusing him of sexual harassment. Charlotte Bennett, 25, who served as an executive assistant and health policy adviser in the Cuomo administration, told the New York Times the most recent episode of the Democratic governor's alleged inappropriate behavior toward her occurred on June 5 in his Albany office. The former aide said Cuomo asked her a series of questions about her personal life, including whether she viewed age gaps as important to relationships. Bennett said she viewed Cuomo's questions, along with his suggestion that he'd be open to dating women in their 20s, as sexual overtures. Cuomo said in a statement to the outlet that he “never made advances toward Ms. Bennett, nor did [he] ever intend to act in any way that was inappropriate.” The Washington Examiner reached out to Cuomo's office for fruther comment. He has...
    A GUN store owner has paid for a giant billboard calling for Governor Andrew Cuomo's impeachment amid fury over the number of Covid deaths in nursing homes. Brian Olesen purchased the massive sign which shows a picture of the embattled Democrat along with the message "IMPEACH!" in huge red letters. 2A giant billboard simply reading 'IMPEACH!' has appeared in New YorkCredit: WYNT The flashing electronic billboard has been catching the eyes of motorists along Interstate 787 since Tuesday, reports the NYPost. Olesen said: "The purpose is to demand that he be held accountable for the mass deaths at the nursing homes. "Our original message was ‘He lied, they died,’ but the billboard company rejected it.” His store, American Shooter Supply, is forking out the $8,5000 monthly bill for the gigantic advertisement. The billboard's launch comes as Cuomo continues to be under fire over the number of deaths in...
    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called on the state Legislature to investigate the “extraordinarily serious” sexual harassment accusations leveled against Gov. Andrew Cuomo by a former staffer, Lindsey Boylan. During an interview with DC reporters in the Capitol Thursday, AOC described the accusations as “extraordinarily serious” and said alleged victims “deserve to be heard.” She said the “process for hearing this allegation falls squarely in the state legislature.” Boylan, a candidate for Manhattan borough president, alleged in an essay posted on Medium Wednesday that Cuomo kissed her “on the lips” and suggested, “Let’s play strip poker,” while conversing on a plane trip. Cuomo personally denied Boylan’s initial harassment claims back in December, saying, “It’s not true.” Her essay on Wednesday for the first time spelled out alleged specific acts. Lindsey Boylan, now running for Manhattan borough president, leveled sexual harassment claims in an essay against Andrew Cuomo.Rashid Umar Abbasi The governor’s outgoing...
    CNN's Jim Acosta was greeted at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Friday with chants that his network “sucks” and asked about scant coverage of the Andrew Cuomo scandal.  Acosta, a CNN anchor and its chief domestic correspondent, arrived at the conservative conference in Orlando, Florida, to a crowd that shouted “CNN sucks” at him. 6CNN's Jim Acosta arrived at the Conservative Political Action Conference to 'CNN sucks' chantsCredit: Twitter 6CNN's Jim Acosta was asked about the network's scant coverage of the Andrew Cuomo scandalCredit: Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. Then a correspondent for the conservative magazine The Federalist, David Marcus, cut him off mid-interview to inquire about CNN’s skimpy coverage of New York’s embattled Governor Cuomo.  Marcus recorded video of himself approaching Acosta who was interviewing a man about former President Donald Trump’s scheduled appeared at the conference on Sunday. Acosta asked the interviewee if...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New York State Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins is speaking out about the sexual harassment claims against Gov. Andrew Cuomo. “The allegations are extremely disturbing, obviously, and there is absolutely no place for that in any part of our life,” Stewart-Cousins said. READ MORE: Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Top Advisor Steve Cohen Deflects Questions About Bullying And Sexual Harassment Allegations Former aide Lindsey Boylan says Cuomo kissed her and asked her to play strip poker in 2017. Boylan also accuses the governor of creating a culture of sexual harassment and bullying within his administration. MORE NEWS: Former Aides Karen Hinton, Lindsey Boylan Accuse Gov. Andrew Cuomo Of Bullying, Sexual Harassment The governor denies the claims.
    Jim Acosta was met with 'CNN sucks' chants at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Friday before a conservative journalist confronted him over the network's coverage of Andrew Cuomo's nursing home and sexual harassment scandals. CNN correspondent Acosta was met with a raucous crowd of hecklers as he arrived to cover the four-day right-wing political event in Orlando, Florida.  Footage on social media shows the journalist being interrupted mid-interview by David Marcus, a correspondent for conservative magazine The Federalist, who harassed him over the reporting about the New York governor.  CPAC is being held from Thursday through Sunday with Donald Trump set to speak on the closing day in his first public appearance since leaving the White House and being impeached for a second time by the House.  Jim Acosta was confronted by a conservative journalist at CPAC over the network's coverage of Andrew Cuomo's nursing home and sexual harassment...
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo faced increasing pressure following sexual-harassment allegations as star-studded TIME’S UP joined the growing calls for an investigation. Cuomo previously enjoyed celebrity support, those same stars have now started to demand a response to allegations by former aide Lindsey Boylan that Cuomo kissed her "on the lips" without warning in 2018 and offering to play strip poker during an October 2017 flight on his official state jet. NEW YORK, NEW YORK - MARCH 20: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during his daily news conference (Photo by Bennett Raglin/Getty Images) NEW YORK CITY, NY - SEPTEMBER 10: Lindsey Boylan attendS ELIE TAHARI SOHO Celebrates Fashion Night Out in New York City. (Photo by SHAUN MADER/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)  "Allegations of inappropriate behavior in any workplace are deeply troubling and should be addressed," foundation president and CEO Tina Tchen said in a statement published...
    Emmy organizers are facing demands to strip Andrew Cuomo of the 'farcical' award they gave him for his pandemic press briefings, DailyMail.com can reveal. In a letter sent Friday, 10 GOP representatives urged the president and CEO of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (IATAS) to distance the group from Cuomo by rescinding his International Emmy Founders Award. In November, IATAS awarded Cuomo with an Emmy for his daily, televised press conferences providing an update on the developing coronavirus situation in one of the states most hard-hit by the pandemic – which the organizers called ‘masterful’ at the time. 'Rescinding Governor Cuomo's Emmy will not bring back the lives lost due to his deceit and reckless policies,' they wrote to Bruce Paisner. 'However, it would send a message to their surviving loved ones that IATAS sympathizes with their pain and stands with them in solidarity.' 'We urge you...
    After snubbing Tara Reade, the woman who made a very credible sexual assault allegation against His Fraudulency Joe Biden, the left-wing Times Up organization has decided to turn on  Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) in calling for an investigation of the credible sexual misconduct allegations made against the disgraced governor by a former staffer. Earlier this week, Lindsey Boylan, Cuomo’s deputy secretary for economic development for a little more than three years, starting in March of 2015, added troubling details to her December 2020 allegation that Cuomo “sexually harassed me for years.” The details include allegations of outright harassment and a lot of creepy behavior. Using her Medium site, Boyland detailed how Cuomo “repeatedly touched her body, attempted to kiss her on the mouth, invited her to play strip poker,  and overtly objectified her.” After that, my fears worsened. I came to work nauseous every day. My relationship with his senior...
    Thursday on FNC’s “Hannity,” Donald Trump, Jr., son of former President Donald Trump, decried the double standard applied to Govs. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) and Ron DeSantis (R-FL) regarding their respective states’ handling of COVID-19. As the younger Trump noted, DeSantis has taken criticism from the media for a more hands-off approach, while Cuomo’s has been aggressive in using government power. “Look at the difference in the handling of Governor DeSantis versus Andrew Cuomo,” he said. “Andrew Cuomo gets Emmys for sending your grandmother to her nursing home to her death, OK? Governor DeSantis got more hell in Florida for keeping beaches open, for keeping beaches open, with social distancing and masks than Andrew Cuomo got for executive orders sending people into nursing homes to die. When we knew sending the sick and elderly back into nursing homes was a susceptible population and people would get hurt.” “Governor DeSantis gets more...
    On Thursday’s broadcast of Fox News Radio’s “Fox Across America,” Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) reacted to the sexual harassment allegations against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) by stating that there are “several people who would be speaking out in a New York minute if it wasn’t Andrew Cuomo,” and that “Cuomo himself, if he wasn’t the one being accused, he would be one of the most outspoken of the group.” Zeldin said, “There are several people who would be speaking out in a New York minute if it wasn’t Andrew Cuomo, if it was someone they didn’t have a relationship with. And quite frankly, Andrew Cuomo himself, if he wasn’t the one being accused, he would be one of the most outspoken of the group. It’s kind of like, if you view Andrew Cuomo, the former attorney general, if he was the attorney general right now on the nursing...
    Those who made Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo an exemplar of pandemic leadership are abandoning his side as news of his alleged cover up of the amount of nursing home deaths in New York continues to unravel. Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was commended by corporate media, heralded by Hollywood, and defended by powerful Democrats for his COVID-19 response. Cuomo issued a March 25, 2020 order that required nursing homes to accept recovering COVID-19 patients from the hospital. In May, Cuomo rescinded the order. Cuomo’s government omitted individuals who lived in nursing homes or long-term care facilities from their data on nursing home deaths because, according to a May Daily Caller News Foundation report, while the individual may have contracted the disease in the nursing home, they died in the hospital. Over the course of the nearly two month period when Cuomo’s directive was active, more than 9,000...
    Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office is searching for the right person to fill a communications job with their office following the announcement of several scandals in the recent weeks. The position of Senior Communications Lead for Strategy and Messaging which was posted on the job search site, Daybook, on Feb. 24, 2021, comes in the wake of scandals involving nursing home cover-ups, and allegations that Cuomo sexually harassed former aide, Lindsey Boylan. “Governor Cuomo is looking for a new spokesperson. His office posted this ad describing their “immediate” need about an hour ago,” White House Correspondent reporter for Yahoo News, Hunter Walker wrote in a tweet. Governor Cuomo is looking for a new spokesperson. His office posted this ad describing their “immediate” need about an hour ago. pic.twitter.com/KlGs18th0E — Hunter Walker (@hunterw) February 25, 2021 “The State of New York’s Executive Chamber has an immediate opening for...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — As Gov. Andrew Cuomo continues to dispute allegations of sexual harassment and workplace bullying, there are demands for an independent investigation into the claims. If you wanted to hear from Cuomo on Thursday about the accusations made by former aide Lindsey Boylan you were plumb out of luck, CBS2’s Marcia Kramer reported. READ MORE: Former Aides Karen Hinton, Lindsey Boylan Accuse Gov. Andrew Cuomo Of Bullying, Sexual Harassment The closest reporters got was a Team Cuomo-sanctioned conference call with top advisor Steve Cohen, a former federal prosecutor, who wanted to defend the governor’s actions in the nursing home scandal, not discuss Boylan and calls for independent investigation into her charges. Lord knows, Kramer tried. “What Marcia was saying was even though my experience as a former prosecutor and defense attorney, and the answer is, yeah, that’s not what I am here to talk about,” Cohen said. READ...
    (CNN)Gov. Andrew Cuomo's spokesperson denied an allegation Thursday that the New York Democrat had sexually harassed a former employee, calling the allegations "quite simply false."Cuomo's office was reacting to a Medium post from Lindsay Boylan, in which she wrote that in 2018 Cuomo "stepped in front of me and kissed me on the lips." Cuomo's office also categorically denied another allegation in the Medium post that the governor had suggested he and Boylan play "strip poker" on a flight -- providing denials from four current and former staffers who had flown with Boylan and Cuomo and insisted the episode did not happen.Boylan first made the allegation of sexual harassment in December 2020. Cuomo denied it then as well.While it's not at all clear whether the denial puts an end to this or not, what is clear is that Cuomo is in the midst of a massively perilous moment in his...
    White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Thursday that the woman accusing Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) of sexual harassment “should be heard.” “The president has been consistent in his position, when a person comes forward, they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect,” Psaki said. “Their voice should be heard, not silenced, and any allegation should be reviewed.” Cuomo’s former aide Lindsey Boylan claimed the governor kissed her on the lips and repeatedly made suggestive comments when she crossed paths with him. “Governor Andrew Cuomo has created a culture within his administration where sexual harassment and bullying is so pervasive that it is not only condoned but expected,” she wrote in an essay on social media. Cuomo has denied the allegations. “Look, I fought for and I believe a woman has the right to come forward and express her opinion and express issues and concerns that she has,” he...
    The White House on Thursday said it would keep working with New York Governor Andrew Cuomo as he faces allegations he sexually harassed a former aide. Cuomo is head of the National Governors' Association and President Joe Biden will attend their virtual winter meeting on Thursday afternoon. The Democratic governor is facing calls for an investigation after Lindsey Boylan - who worked as a special advisor to Cuomo in 2018 - charged in an essay published to Medium Wednesday that Cuomo asked her to play strip poker and kissed on the lips without her permission.  Cuomo has denied the allegations.  White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that all women should be heard and treated with dignity when these allegations are made. But she didn't denounce Cuomo, whose supported Biden during the presidential campaign. 'The president has been consistent in his position: when a person comes forward; they deserve to be...
    The White House supports a review of the sexual harassment complaint against Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. President Biden has long said that when a person comes forward regarding sexual misconduct, "their voice should be heard, not silenced," according to White House press secretary Jen Psaki. "They deserve to be treated with dignity and respect," Psaki told reporters Thursday. "And any allegation should be reviewed." But Psaki said that Biden was focused on working with governors across the country as they lead localized responses to the coronavirus pandemic. JILL BIDEN EMBARKS ON CHARM OFFENSIVE AS PRESIDENT ENCOUNTERS EARLY SNAGS Biden and Cuomo are scheduled to talk Thursday when the president takes part in the National Governors Association’s winter meeting. Cuomo is the current chairman of the bipartisan group. Biden is expected to concentrate on how the federal government can better collaborate with its state counterparts "to address the pandemic...
    David Dee Delgado/Getty Images Where’s New York Governor Andrew Cuomo? CNN viewers might be asking that question this week after his name nearly vanished from the network. The Democratic governor has faced an onslaught of allegations this month from fellow members of his party. Those allegations began with a report by the state’s attorney general alleging that New York’s nursing homes undercounted the number of coronavirus deaths.  State Assemblyman Ron Kim subsequently accused the governor of threatening him in an effort to keep the allegations secret. And this week, a former aide to the governor, Lindsey Boylan, accused Cuomo of sexually harassing in a culture of “pervasive” harassment and “bullying.” Gov. Cuomo has denied these allegations. The explosive allegations even bubbled into a Senate confirmation hearing this week for Merrick Garland, who is expected to serve as the next attorney general, with Garland saying that he was open to investigating criminal...
    White House press secretary Jen Psaki dodged questions Thursday about the new sexual harassment allegations raised against Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, the same day Cuomo is set to take part in a meeting with President Joe Biden and the remainder of the nation’s governors. Lindsey Boylan, a former staffer in Cuomo’s office, accused the governor Wednesday of kissing her without consent during a one-on-one briefing and making other sexually suggestive comments. Cuomo’s office called the allegations “quite simply false” in a statement. (RELATED: Tara Reade, Rose McGowan Believe Cuomo Accuser Lindsey Boylan) New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks during a press conference before the opening of a mass Covid-19 vaccination site in the Queens borough of New York, on February 24, 2021. – The site run by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), along with another in Brooklyn, gives priority to local residents in an effort to equitably...
    Meghan McCain lashed out Thursday at Democrats who have remained silent in the wake of sexual assault accusations aimed at Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo. McCain mentioned some Democrats — including Cuomo himself — who had rallied behind Dr. Christine Blasey Ford when she made accusations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, saying on ABC’s “The View” that their silence on Cuomo sent an “extremely bad message.” (RELATED: ‘Media Has Ignored It For A Year’: Meghan McCain Slams Media For Giving Cuomo A Pass While Blasting Cruz) WATCH: Cohost Joy Behar was the first to mention Kavanaugh, suggesting that he should have been more thoroughly investigated when accusations surfaced during his confirmation battle. “I would like to also add that these allegations should be taken seriously and thoroughly investigated just like the following: Jim Jordan, covering up and failing to report sexual abuse of minors by former...
    New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio called for an "independent investigation" into sexual harassment allegations against Gov. Andrew Cuomo. The Democratic mayor did so when asked about the allegations, which come from former Cuomo staffer Lindsey Boylan, during a press conference on Thursday. “These allegations are really disturbing. Let’s be clear about that — they’re really disturbing. We have to, as New Yorkers, we got to take this seriously. When a woman comes forward with this kind of very specific allegations, they have to be taken serious. We need a full and independent investigation," de Blasio said. "This is just unacceptable. This kind of behavior, if true, is unacceptable, in any public servant, in anybody." De Blasio, who is no stranger to clashing with Cuomo, insisted that any investigator who looks into the allegations must not be "compromised" by the governor's office. Boylan expounded on her allegations in a...
    CNN HOST Chris Cuomo has come under fire after he avoided discussing sexual harrassment claims against his brother, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo in a apparent media blackout. Five of America's major broadcasting networks - ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC and MSNBC - have swerved mentioning the allegations made by the Governor's former special adviser Lindsey Boylan during their evening news broadcasts. 7CNN host Chris Cuomo skirted over the claims about his brother similarly to other major broadcastersCredit: CNN 7Governor Cuomo has been accused of sexual harassment by his former aide Lindsey BoylanCredit: AFP or licensors Boylan published an essay on Medium citing Cuomo's "inappropriate behavior towards women", claimed that he confessed he had a "crush" on her, forcibly kissed her, and suggested they should "play strip poker". Cuomo is also facing calls for his impeachment and resignation after he was told he had "blood on his hands" after instating the controversial...
    CNN HOST Chris Cuomo has come under fire after he avoided discussing sexual harrassment claims against his brother, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo in a apparent media blackout. Five of America's major broadcasting networks - ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC and MSNBC - have swerved mentioning the allegations made by the Governor's former special adviser Lindsey Boylan during their evening news broadcasts. 7CNN host Chris Cuomo skirted over the claims about his brother similarly to other major broadcastersCredit: CNN 7Governor Cuomo has been accused of sexual harassment by his former aide Lindsey BoylanCredit: AFP or licensors Boylan published an essay on Medium citing Cuomo's "inappropriate behavior towards women", claimed that he confessed he had a "crush" on her, forcibly kissed her, and suggested they should "play strip poker". Cuomo is also facing calls for his impeachment and resignation after he was told he had "blood on his hands" after instating the controversial...
    Actress and #MeToo activist Rose McGowan is calling for an investigation into Gov. Andrew Cuomo following sexual harassment accusations from a former aide. Speaking to Fox News Thursday, McGowan said she believed Lindsey Boylan, who came forward this week to allege that Cuomo kissed her “on the lips” without warning inside his Manhattan office and created a culture that encouraged harassment. “I completely stand by Lindsey Boylan. Its truth leaks from every word on the screen that she wrote. She, none of us, should endure what she endured,” the actress-turned-activist told the network. “If they’re doing it to her, what are they doing to constituents? What is he going to do to what he considers the little people? It’s monstrous.”  McGowan went on to call for an independent investigation into the matter, adding that ensuring honesty was paramount to prevent the issue from being sidelined over politics. Andrew Cuomo...
    Actress Rose McGowan gave her support to the woman who accused Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment in an interview published Thursday by Fox News. Lindsey Boylan, a former staffer for Cuomo, first accused the governor of sexual harassment in a December tweet thread and went on to detail her accusations in a post published Wednesday on Medium. Rose McGowan backs @NYGovCuomo accuser, calls for probe into ‘monstrous’ claims https://t.co/6uWYJfQjHD — Fox News (@FoxNews) February 25, 2021 “I completely stand by Lindsey Boylan,” McGowan told Fox News. “Its truth leaks from every word on the screen that she wrote. She, none of us, should endure what she endured. If they’re doing it to her, what are they doing to constituents? What is he going to do to what he considers the little people? It’s monstrous.” (RELATED: Cuomo Denies Allegation That He Kissed, Harassed Former Staffer) McGowan,...
    More On: andrew cuomo Finally, the bully Gov. Cuomo has been exposed: Devine Assembly Dems eye removing Cuomo COVID emergency powers amid scandal Time to impeach the unmasked Gov. Cuomo Cuomo, now beset by Lindsey Boylan claim, once insisted Kavanaugh take lie-detector Actress and #MeToo activist Rose McGowan is calling for an investigation into Gov. Andrew Cuomo following sexual harassment accusations from a former aide. Speaking to Fox News Thursday, McGowan said she believed Lindsey Boylan, who came forward this week to allege that Cuomo kissed her “on the lips” without warning inside his Manhattan office and created a culture that encouraged harassment. “I completely stand by Lindsey Boylan. Its truth leaks from every word on the screen that she wrote. She, none of us, should endure what she endured,” the actress-turned-activist told the network. “If they’re doing it to her, what are they doing to constituents? What...
    America’s three most prominent networks–ABC, NBC, and CBS–ignored any mention of sexual harassment claims against Gov. Andrew Cuomo during their evening news programs Wednesday. CNN and MSNBC also declined to address the scandal. According to transcripts, ABC’s World News Tonight, CBS’s Evening News, and NBC’s Nightly News made no mention of the embattled Cuomo, who is also facing calls for his impeachment and resignation after he was accused of covering up the number of deaths from the coronavirus in state nursing homes following his controversial order that these facilities accept coronavirus-positive patients. Cuomo’s former deputy secretary for economic development and special adviser Lindsey Boylan alleged on Wednesday in an essay published on the website Medium that the governor went “out of his way to touch me on my lower back, arms and legs,” forcibly kissed her on the lips during a one-on-one briefing, and suggested they “play strip poker” during a plane ride. Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) later on Wednesday called for...
    Actress and activist Rose McGowan said she is “completely” standing by Lindsey Boylan, a former aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) who has accused him of sexual harassment. McGowan said she would like to see Cuomo “out” of office. “I completely stand by Lindsey Boylan. Its truth leaks from every word on the screen that she wrote,” McGowan told Fox News. “She, none of us, should endure what she endured. If they’re doing it to her, what are they doing to constituents? What is he going to do to what he considers the little people? It’s monstrous.” Boylan made waves on Wednesday after publishing a Medium post detailing instances of sexual harassment from the Democrat governor. The former deputy secretary for economic development said Cuomo “repeatedly touched her body, attempted to kiss her on the mouth, invited her to play strip poker,’ and overtly objectified her,” as Breitbart News detailed. https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/1364937869748502533...
    Titanic. Hindenburg. Cuomo. The news media have covered everything about only two of these deadly disasters. The third — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-Thug) — happens to be both a liberal Democrat and brother of an absurdly liberal CNN anchor. So the media coverage has been cataclysmically bad, instead. The latest of a lengthy series of Cuomo scandals involves sexual harassment allegations. Ordinarily, the press loves it when a woman goes public blasting a politician and speaking her "own truth." Not this time. ABC, CBS, NBC AVOID EXPLOSIVE SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIMS AGAINST ANDREW CUOMO ON EVENING NEWS BROADCASTS Former Cuomo aide Lindsey Boylan wrote a damning attack on the once-popular governor. "Andrew Cuomo abused his power as Governor to sexually harass me, just as he had done with so many other women," she claimed. Boylan alleged that Cuomo invited her to "play strip poker," called her "Lisa," the name...
    ANDREW Cuomo's ex-aide claims the New York Governor sent her a creepy signed photo on Valentine's Day. Lindsey Boylan, 36, has detailed the alleged sexual harassment she experienced while working for Cuomo, 63, who she was told had a "crush" on her shortly after she first met him. 6Lindsey Boylan has accused Andrew Cuomo of sexual harassment - claims the Governor has denied 6Cuomo is alleged to have kissed Boylan and sent her a signed photo on Valentine's DayCredit: AP:Associated Press Governor Cuomo has denied all allegations of misconduct made against him. In an essay published on Medium titled "My story of working with Governor Cuomo", Boylan accused the politician of bullying and harassment. She wrote: "His inappropriate behavior toward women was an affirmation that he liked you, that you must be doing something right." Boylan started her job as VP at Empire State Development in the Cuomo administration...
    ANDREW Cuomo’s ex-aide Lindsey Boylan alleged that she underwent "years" of sexual harassment at the hands of her boss and revealed he used to call her "Lisa" after his rumoured ex-girlfriend. The Democratic candidate for Manhattan borough president detailed the instances of alleged harassment in an essay published on the open publishing platform Medium. 4Lindsey Boylan has accused Andrew Cuomo for "years" of sexual harassmentCredit: Facebook Andrew Cuomo is also accused of calling her "Lisa" after his rumored ex-girlfriend Who is Andrew Cuomo's rumored ex-girlfriend Lisa Shields? It is unclear when Lisa Shields and Andrew Cuomo dated. According to Boylan's essay, she was told via e-mail to "look up Lisa Shields" because they could have been "sisters', with her being the “the better looking sister.” What has Andrew Cuomo been accused off? Boylan has claimed the New York Governor kissed her on lips and asked her to play strip poker. Writing an...
    A former top aide to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has accused him of intimidation and sexual harassment, expanding on allegations she first made in December. In an essay posted to Medium on Wednesday, the former staffer accused the governor of going "out of his way" to touch her "lower back, arms and legs," and kissing her during a one-on-one meeting.  Lindsey Boylan, the former Chief of Staff at New York's state economic agency, claimed that the governor took an "uncomfortable" interest in her after she was appointed to the role in 2015. "My boss soon informed me that the Governor had a 'crush' on me," she wrote, saying she was told by the Director of the Governor's Offices that Cuomo suggested she "look up images of Lisa Shields — his rumored former girlfriend — because 'we could be sisters' and I was 'the better looking sister.'"  "The Governor began calling...
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is denying allegations this week that he has used his position to belittle and bully critics and opponents, sexually harass an aide, and suggest she "play strip poker." In the wake of the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment, what do some of the nation’s leading liberal women have to say about the issue? Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, an outspoken supporter of women’s rights who had blasted former Senate colleague Al Franken, D-Minn., as he was ousted following his own misconduct allegations in 2018, did not respond to Fox News’ requests for comment on her home-state governor. CUOMO ACCUSED OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT BY FORMER AIDE "There is no prize for someone who tries to hold accountable a powerful man who is good at his day job," Gillibrand, D-N.Y., told a reporter in 2019, adding that one of Franken’s accusers was a staffer. "But we should have the...
    The three major broadcast networks joined CNN and MSNBC Wednesday in avoiding mention of sexual harassment claims against Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo during their evening news programs.  According to Grabien transcripts, ABC's "World News Tonight," CBS' "Evening News," and NBC's "Nightly News" made no mention of the embattled Cuomo, who is facing calls for his impeachment and resignation after he was accused of covering up the number of deaths from COVID-19 in state nursing homes following his controversial order that assisted living facilities accept COVID-positive patients. On Wednesday, Lindsey Boylan, Cuomo's former deputy secretary for economic development and special adviser, alleged in an essay published on the website Medium that the governor went "out of his way to touch me on my lower back, arms and legs," forcibly kissed her on the lips during a one-on-one briefing and suggested that they "play strip poker" during a plane ride.  The governor's office has denied Boylan's harassment claims, calling them "simply false" and insisting the...
    CNN appears to be giving cover to Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo by not covering sexual harassment allegations leveled against him by former administration aide Lindsey Boylan.  Boylan, the former deputy secretary for economic development and a special adviser to Cuomo, published a bombshell essay Wednesday on the website Medium. She accused the governor of going "out of his way to touch me on my lower back, arms and legs," forcibly kissing her on the lips during a one-on-one briefing, and suggesting that they "play strip poker" during a plane ride.  Cuomo's office denied Boylan's harassment claims, calling them "simply false" and insisting the strip poker comment "did not happen." Eight hours after Boylan came forward with her claims, CNN, the home network of the governor's brother Chris Cuomo, has made zero mention of the allegations on its air or on CNN.com, according to Grabian transcripts and search results on the network's website.  GOV. CUOMO ACCUSED...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Stunning charges have been levied against Gov. Andrew Cuomo. He has been accused of creating a toxic workplace culture that includes bullying and sexual harassment. His accusers are two former staffers, including New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio‘s former press secretary, CBS2’s Marcia Kramer reported. Cuomo was at a no-press-allowed opening of a Queens vaccination site on Wednesday, joking about how he would personally vaccinate state Sen. Leroy Comrie. “I get to select the part of the anatomy where I do the vaccine,” Cuomo said. But that was the last New Yorkers were to see of him. A promised availability never materialized after two aides former attacked his workplace conduct, accusing him of being a bully and sexually inappropriate. READ MORE: Gov. Andrew Cuomo Denies Former Staffer Lindsey Boylan’s Sexual Harassment Allegations: ‘Simply Not True’ One salvo came from Karen Hinton, de Blasio’s former press secretary,...
    Fox News correspondent-at-large Geraldo Rivera and Fox News contributor Deroy Murdock denounced New York’s scandal-plagued governor, Democrat Andrew Cuomo, after former aide Lindsey Boylan accused him of sexually harassing her. "How the mighty have fallen," Rivera told Martha MacCallum on "The Story" Wednesday. "Just six months ago, Andrew Cuomo was the paragon of virtue, the man that steadied the entire nation during the pandemic with his well-publicized briefs, his book that came out. He had the only reputation that was salvageable in the midst of the pandemic. Now it seems everything has come to light that shows there's another side to Andrew Cuomo, allegedly." Cuomo's office has denied Boylan's claims, with press secretary Caitlin Girouard calling them "simply false". For his part, Murdock said that whether Cuomo committed sexual harassment or not, he is certainly guilty of "terrible leadership." 'LET'S PLAY STRIP POKER': FORMER AIDE ACCUSES ANDREW CUOMO OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT Responding to...
    Ron Kim, a Democratic New York Assemblyman, is promising to "stand with Lindsey Boylan," the onetime aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo accusing her former boss of sexual harassment. Kim, an outspoken Cuomo critic, called the governor a "coward who has abused his powers" in a series of tweets on Wednesday. "His pattern of abuse and harassment toward his aides, journalists, lawmakers, and critiques is despicable. As a lawmaker, I have the duty to hold him accountable. I will not stand down. I will stand with Lindsey Boylan," he wrote, accusing Cuomo of "verbal abuse." I will stand with my colleagues who have endured his verbal abuse. I will stand with the 15,000 families who lost loved ones in nursing homes. Andrew Cuomo is a coward.2/2— Ron T. Kim (@rontkim) February 24, 2021 Boylan, who served as a staffer in the Cuomo administration from March 2015 to October 2018, accused the...
    House Oversight Committee Republicans have asked Chairwoman Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) to subpoena New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to testify before the panel on coronavirus deaths in his state’s nursing homes, according to a report. Fox News reported Wednesday: Fox News exclusively obtained a letter committee Ranking Member James Comer, R-Ky., and all Republicans on the panel sent to Maloney, D-N.Y., demanding that the committee “hear the truth, under oath, directly from Governor Cuomo.” Comer and Republicans said that Cuomo and his administration “engaged in a cover-up effecting those most vulnerable to COVID-19,” and demanded that Maloney “immediately notice a full committee hearing with Governor Cuomo as the sole witness.” […] Comer and Republicans noted that GOP members of the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis demanded “accountability and transparency” while “blowing the whistle” on Cuomo’s actions, requesting in June nursing home and fatality data from Cuomo—a request Democrats...
    New York : Lindsey boylan, former adviser to Governor Andrew Cuomo, and current candidate for Manhattan Borough President, revealed new details about the alleged sexual harassment suffered during the four years that he worked for the state president, and whate Cuomo has denied. Boylan, who came to hold the position of deputy secretary of the Economic Development Department before leaving the Governor’s office In 2018, she claimed last December that the politician had “sexually harassed her for years.” “Many saw it, and stared,” he said then. “I never knew what to expect: would he question me about my work (which was very good) or would he harass me by talking about my appearance? Or would it be both in the same conversation? It was like that for years, ”he added. On that occasion, last December, when Boylan used Twitter to launch his first accusations, Cuomo assured: “the tweets are...
    GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik demanded the immediate resignation of Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo following the emergence of a more detailed account of sexual harassment claims against the governor. Lindsey Boylan, a former Cuomo staffer, expounded on her allegations in a Medium post on Wednesday morning after first accusing the governor of sexually harassing her “for years” last December. Cuomo denies the claims. Boyland, who was in Cuomo administration from March 2015 to October 2018, said the governor kissed her without her consent and made other unwanted physical and verbal advances, which she claims his staff knew about. Stefanik, who called for an investigation into the allegations when Boylan first came forward, issued a statement on Wednesday seeking Cuomo’s resignation and labeling him “a criminal sexual predator.” A STRIP POKER PROPOSAL AND AN UNWANTED KISS: FORMER ANDREW CUOMO AIDE DETAILS SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIMS “On December 14th, I was one...
    More On: andrew cuomo All in: Poll shows major support for NY casino expansion amid pandemic Congresswoman demands that ‘criminal sexual predator’ Cuomo resign House GOP slams Biden’s $1.9T COVID-19 bill: ‘Too corrupt and too liberal’ ‘Let’s play strip poker’: Ex-aide details sexual harassment allegations against Gov. Cuomo Assemblyman Ron Kim on Wednesday intensified his push for Gov. Andrew Cuomo to be impeached over the widening nursing home COVID-19 death scandal as he also pressed for more accountability of the facilities. During a rally in Manhattan’s City Hall Park, Kim called on Cuomo to repeal the pandemic-related immunity granted to nursing homes and hospitals and to make public all his communications with people tied to those industries. “We know that his poison pill of giving legal shields to some of the worst nursing home executives at the peak of the pandemic led to more unnecessary deaths that we could...
    FORMER aide to Governor Andrew Cuomo, who is married with a child, alleged that she underwent "years" of sexual harassment at the hands of her boss. Boylan, a Democratic candidate for Manhattan borough president, detailed the instances of harrasment in an essay published on February 24, 2021. 7Lindsey Boylan is married to investment banker LeRoy KimCredit: Instagram Who is Lindsey Boylan's husband? Lindsey Boylan's husband is LeRoy Kim. The pair wed at the Sleepy Hollow Country Club in Scarborough, New York in 2012. At the time, she was 28 years old while Kim was 40. On June 12, Boylan tweeted about Loving Day, a day that celebrates the 1967 United States Supreme Court decision that struck down all anti-miscegenation laws. 7Boylan has been married since 2012Credit: Getty Images - Getty 7Boylan was 28 when she wed 40-year-old KimCredit: Instagram "Happy Loving Day. My husband and I wouldn't have been...
    A former aide accused New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) of unwanted sexual advances in a blog post published Wednesday. Lindsey Boylan, the former deputy secretary for economic development and special adviser to Cuomo, said Cuomo repeatedly touched her body, attempted to kiss her on the mouth, invited her to play “strip poker,” and overtly objectified her, documenting her experiences with screenshots of emails and texts in a Medium post. Boylan alleges that Cuomo’s top female staff members “normalized” the governor’s conduct. In 2018, she says, she began to “speak up” after Cuomo allegedly kissed her without consent, but her superiors “reprimanded” her: After that, my fears worsened. I came to work nauseous every day. My relationship with his senior team — mostly women — grew hostile after I started speaking up for myself. I was reprimanded and told to get in line by his top aides, but I could no longer...
    Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) on Wednesday called for New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) to resign in the wake of twin scandals over his handing of data on coronavirus deaths in the state’s nursing homes and allegations of sexual harassment by a former aide. In a Medium post published earlier Wednesday, Lindsey Boylan, the former deputy secretary for economic development and special adviser to Cuomo, alleged the governor made unwanted advances toward her, including attempting to kiss her on the mouth. Boylan alleges that Cuomo’s top female staff members “normalized” the governor’s conduct. In October 2017, Cuomo invited her to play “strip poker,” she wrote. “Governor Cuomo has earned his title as Worst Governor in America, and now every New Yorker knows that he is a criminal sexual predator,” Stefanik said in a statement. “On December 14th, I was one of the first and one of the only elected officials in New York State to call for...
    A former aide to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who accused him of sexual harassment, is sharing more specifics about her allegations. Lindsey Boylan, who was in Cuomo's administration from March 2015 to October 2018, published a post on Medium on Wednesday, expounding on her experience after first accusing the governor of sexually harassing her “for years” last December. Cuomo, 63, quickly denied the allegations, at which time Boylan had not provided any evidence or corroborating witnesses to support her claims. But in her Medium post, titled "My story of working with Governor Cuomo," Boylan provided details as well as screenshots of what she said were internal email and text message conversations. She began the post by writing that Cuomo suggested they “play strip poker” during a flight in October 2017. A year earlier, while she was chief of staff at Empire State Development, Boylan said her boss told her...
    Journalist Morgan Pehme alleged Governor Andrew Cuomo’s (D-NY) office “terrorized” him for investigating his administration, according to an op-ed published Monday. Pehme — a documentary producer known for co-directing Netflix’s Get Me Roger Stone — said he received a threatening call from Cuomo deputy Melissa DeRosa at 4:30 AM: While the April 2014 call I received from DeRosa didn’t come directly from the governor, I knew it bore the full weight of his power. City & State, the New York politics magazine I edited at the time, was about to publish a story exposing Cuomo’s machinations to distort the final report issued by the Moreland Commission on Public Corruption. Pehme said he received a “barrage of calls” as Cuomo’s media handlers” who vigorously “pushed me to spike the article, alternately approaching me with carrot (a hot exclusive to be named later) and stick.” “Seven years later, I don’t recall precisely everything DeRosa hurled at me, though...
    New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo admitted in May that he would not place his elderly mother in a nursing home, two months after his controversial order barring long-term care facilities from turning away COVID-19-positive patients. "If I were advising a friend, I would say you have a vulnerable person. Best to keep them at home and not put them in a congregate facility. Keep them in a situation where you have the most control," Cuomo told MSNBC in May. "That is the blunt truth. That's what I would do with my mother," he added. WATCH: @NYGovCuomo on @MSNBC“You have a vulnerable person best to keep them at home and not put them in a congregate facility. Keep them in a situation where you have the most control. That is the blunt truth. That’s what I would do with my mother.” pic.twitter.com/hAbNivyh2b— MSNBC Public Relations (@MSNBCPR) May 27,...
    Juan Williams defended Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo during Monday’s broadcast of “The Five,” saying he believed Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott could soon face more scrutiny. Williams argued that he wasn’t sure that Cuomo, under fire for reportedly hiding the number of COVID-19 deaths linked to New York nursing homes, had actually committed a provable crime. (RELATED: ‘That Wasn’t Cool’: Jesse Watters Rebukes Juan Williams For Suggesting His Cohosts Stood With Capitol Mob) WATCH: Co-host Jesse Watters began the segment by noting that Cuomo was likely to face an investigation into whether more nursing home residents died as a result of his Mar. 25 order requiring such facilities to accept patients regardless of their COVID-19 status — and whether Cuomo’s actions after the fact amounted to an illegal cover-up. “All right, Juan,” Watters asked. “Do you think they are going to bring charges?” “I think it’s...
    Sen. Ted Cruz is chalking the media's "obsession" with his recent trip to Cancun up to "acute Trump withdrawal." The Texas Republican, who returned to his home in Houston on Thursday after he attracted public ridicule for his decision late Wednesday to travel with his family to Cancun, Mexico, as his state faced a historic winter storm and power grid failures, argued that journalists' fixation on his recent travel was driven by the relative quiet of former President Donald Trump since departing office. "I will say, to venture into practicing medicine, that I actually want to diagnose the media. The media is suffering from acute Trump withdrawal, where for four years every day, they could foam at the mouth and be obsessed with Donald Trump, and now that he has receded from their day-to-day storyline, they don't know what to do with themselves," he said during an interview with conservative...
    CNN host Brian Stelter compared Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to former President Donald Trump on Monday, saying that Cuomo has resorted to “media bashing” following the news of his alleged cover up of coronavirus deaths in New York nursing homes. Stelter appeared on “CNN Newsroom” alongside host Brianna Keilar and discussed Cuomo’s threats against the media in their coverage of the nursing home scandal. (RELATED: ‘You Will Be Held Accountable’: Congressman Lays Out Possible Federal Case Against Andrew Cuomo) “New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has a new target in his sights. The media. Cuomo is under fire over accusations that he and his administration covered up thousands of Covid related deaths from nursing homes. The governor, taking aim at the media with a not-so-veiled threat,” Keilar began, before playing a video of Cuomo attacking the media over “misinformation” during a press conference and saying he would...
    President Biden’s pick for attorney general largely avoided weighing in on the Justice Department’s investigation into New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s handling of nursing homes during the coronavirus pandemic, though he promised that no one with a conflict of interest would lead such an inquiry. Judge Merrick Garland was pressed by Republican Sen. Ted Cruz during his confirmation hearing on Monday about the FBI and the Brooklyn federal prosecutor’s office investigation into Cuomo’s nursing home orders and reports of a possible cover-up of nursing home death data during the coronavirus pandemic. “Nine senators wrote a letter to Chairman Durbin asking this committee to investigate Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s policies concerning COVID and sending COVID-positive individuals into nursing homes. A senior aide of his admitted to a cover-up to hide information from the Department of Justice,” Cruz said. “You’ve committed to a number of investigations here at this hearing today...
    Eleven New York State Democrats introduced a resolution on Monday to censure Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo for covering up nursing home deaths and threatening lawmakers. The resolution, signed by elected members of the New York State Democratic Party, condemned Cuomo for his lack of transparency on nursing home deaths and “belligerent conduct” towards public officials, according to the New York Post. (RELATED: ‘Loud Enough For My Wife To Hear’: Ron Kim Details Threatening Phone Call From Gov. Cuomo’) NYS Democrats take steps to censure Gov. Cuomo over nursing home scandal https://t.co/1TRHNDCaJ0 pic.twitter.com/H90jnzYXAJ — New York Post (@nypost) February 22, 2021 “Actions have consequences. I consider it my responsibility as a representative of the Democrats in my community to hold members of our party accountable, from City Council up to the Governor,” said Queens Democratic District Leader Emilia Decaudin in a statement to the Post. Democrats introduced this resolution following...
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s alleged threat to “destroy” state Assemblyman Ron Kim over criticism of the spiraling nursing home scandal is just the latest example of the governor’s well-known penchant for bullying political foes, according to sources and a published report. The Democrat has built such a reputation for threatening adversaries — and berating employees — that Mayor Bill de Blasio, another fellow Democrat who is a frequent target of the fury, last week characterized Kim’s claim as “classic Andrew Cuomo.” Though now in his third term as governor, Cuomo’s no-holds-barred approach to politics was on display as early as his first, according to New York political insiders. At the wedding of two former administration staffers during the governor’s first term, one speaker asked during a toast how many attendees had been bullied by Cuomo at some point — then watched as hands shot up across the room, a guest told...
    Eleven New York State Democrats are seeking to censure Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) over his handling of data regarding coronavirus deaths in the state’s nursing homes. The New York Post reported Monday that seven of the 11 Democrat members behind the censure resolution represent New York City: The reasons for the proposed rebuke, as laid out in the resolution, include: Cuomo’s team undercounted COVID-19 [Chinese coronavirus] deaths of nursing home residents deaths in public reporting by up to 50 percent and the true data was only revealed after an investigative report by state Attorney General Leticia James pointed that out; The Cuomo administration “repeatedly stymied and refused” to comply with requests and hand over information about COVID-19 in nursing homes to state legislators — and admitted the stonewalling was “due to fear of” legal and political accountability” amid an investigation by the US Justice Department. That’s a reference to Secretary to the Governor...