Monday, Mar 01, 2021 - 07:39:51
224 results - (0.001 seconds)

I’m not allowed:

TODAY’S WORD — SOLUTE (SOLUTE: SAHL-yoot: Being in suspension; dissolved.) Average mark 14 words Time limit 25 minutes Can you find 19 or more words in SOLUTE? The list will be published tomorrow. SATURDAY’S WORD — CREDIBLE cede cider cire creed creel crib cried rebel rebid reed reel relic relied rice ride rile edible eider elder elide decibel decile deer deice deicer dele deli dice dicer diel dire drib iced idle idler beer belie bide bier bile bird bled bleed bred breed bride bridle leer lice lied lire To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used....
    Donald Trump has said that his niece Mary is 'not allowed' to write a book about the family, because she signed a non-disclosure agreement.  The book, Too Much And Never Enough, is described by publishers as 'harrowing and salacious' and is due out in August - shortly before the Republican National Convention. In an interview on Friday with Axios, published on Sunday, the president said the forthcoming book had angered many members of the family.  'She's not allowed to write a book,' Trump said.  'You know, when we settled with her and her brother, who I do have a good relationship with - she's got a brother, Fred, who I do have a good relationship with, but when we settled, she has a total ... signed a nondisclosure.'  Donald Trump pictured returning to the White House on Friday evening, after his rally in Tulsa. The president spoke to Axios on...
    Donald Trump President Donald Trump has commented on the upcoming book by his niece Mary Trump. He’s not a fan. “She’s not allowed to write a book,” he told Axios in a report published Sunday. “You know, when we settled with her and her brother, who I do have a good relationship with — she’s got a brother, Fred, who I do have a good relationship with, but when we settled, she has a total … signed a nondisclosure.” A Simon & Schuster spokesperson declined to comment. The nondisclosure agreement and controversial details of Mary Trump’s book Too Much And Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man were previously reported by The Daily Beast. The upcoming release isn’t a puff piece. The author describes an ugly family relationship dating back to least the 1981 death of her father, the president’s brother Fred Trump Jr. Then there’s the contentious 2000...
    TODAY’S WORD — CHASUBLE (CHASUBLE: CHAZ-uh-bul: A long, sleeveless garment worn by a priest.) Average mark 40 words Time limit 60 minutes Can you find 54 or more words in CHASUBLE? TODAY’S WORD — CHASUBLE cable case cash cause chase chub clash clause club clue cube hale haul heal hula able abuse ache sable sale sauce scab scale scuba seal shale slab slub slue suable such usable bale bascule base bash beach beau belch blah blase bleach blues blush bush bushel lace lase lash leach leash lues lush each To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be...
    TODAY’S WORD — CREDIBLE (CREDIBLE: KRED-ih-bul: Capable of being believed; plausible.) Average mark 36 words Time limit 60 minutes Can you find 51 or more words in CREDIBLE? The list will be published Monday. YESTERDAY’S WORD — TURBULENT tent turn true tube tuber tune tuner turn turtle tutu untrue utter rebut rent rube ruble rule runlet runt belt bent blue bluer blunt blur blurt brunet brunt brute bunt bunter burn burnt butler butt butte butter lent lune lure lute nutlet To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used. For example, if “bake” is used, “baked” or...
    Brisbane, Australia (CNN)Every day, the men unfurl large pleas for help over the balcony railings of their hotel room and stand in silence as traffic roars along the main road of the Australian city they're trapped in.Their signs are mostly made from bin bags stuck together with tape, and secured to the railing with shoelaces. "Where is justice?" one reads. These men are not hotel guests, but refugees and asylum seekers who have been in Australian immigration custody for seven years. Many arrived in Australian waters in 2013, after the government introduced offshore immigration processing. They were detained on the remote islands of Manus in Papua New Guinea (PNG) and on Nauru in the Pacific, in conditions once described by the United Nations as "harsh" and "inadequate." In 2016, Amnesty International called Nauru an "open-air prison." All are suffering the effects of prolonged, indefinite detention and were brought to Australia...
    Wisconsin football coach Paul Chryst isn’t spending time worrying about whether or not the stands will be packed in the fall. With the coronavirus pandemic continuing to cause problems around America, we still don’t know whether or not fans will be allowed at games in the fall. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Chryst said the following Friday, according to Bucky’s 5th Quarter: I haven’t spent a lot of time on it. Certainly we’re spoiled here, we’ve got a great fan base. Camp Randall’s game day atmosphere is as good as there is in this country, and yet, right now that’s not my decision and that’s not my call. Have I thought about it? Yeah, but there’s a lot of other stuff I should use my time on. Now, would some fans be concerned if their coach wasn’t spending time thinking about the fans? Sure,...
    TODAY’S WORD — TURBULENT (TURBULENT: TURB-yuh-lent: Violently agitated or disturbed.) Average mark 29 words Time limit 40 minutes Can you find 42 or more words in TURBULENT? The list will be published tomorrow. YESTERDAY’S WORD — ELAPID lade laid lead leap lied aide ailed aped paid pail pale peal pedal pied pile plaid plea plead pled pleiad plie plied idea ideal idle dale deal deli dial diel To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used. For example, if “bake” is used, “baked” or “bakes” are not allowed, but “bake” and “baking” are admissible. 4. Proper nouns,...
    TODAY’S WORD — ELAPID (ELAPID: EL-uh-pid: A venomous snake.) Average mark 23 words Time limit 35 minutes Can you find 30 or more words in ELAPID? The list will be published tomorrow. YESTERDAY’S WORD — RADICALS racial radial radical raid rail rascal acid acrid alas alias aria arid dais dial disc card clad laic laid lair lard liar lira sacral said sail salad sard sari scad scald scar To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used. For example, if “bake” is used, “baked” or “bakes” are not allowed, but “bake” and “baking” are admissible. 4. Proper...
    TODAY’S WORD — RADICALS (RADICALS: RAD-ih-kuls: Those who advocate fundamental or revolutionary change from current conditions.) Average mark 32 words Time limit 40 minutes Can you find 32 or more words in RADICALS? The list will be published tomorrow. YESTERDAY’S WORD — CONVINCE coin cone conic connive cove coven once oven ovine neon nice nine nonce none novice vein venin vice vine voice icon envoi To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used. For example, if “bake” is used, “baked” or “bakes” are not allowed, but “bake” and “baking” are admissible. 4. Proper nouns, slang words,...
    DEAR MISS MANNERS: My son’s best friend is rude. Today he told our daughter, “Shut up, no one wants to hear your singing” when she was humming in our playroom. He regularly contradicts me in normal conversation, and when his father came to pick him up after his last visit, the child told his father, “You suck.” Judith Martin  We want our son to have friends, and we want those friends to be welcome in our house, but this is not acceptable language. What is an appropriate approach to his boorish behavior? I simply cannot allow him to be unkind to our daughter while he is in our house. GENTLE READER: Nor should you. The distinction to be made is that while the friend is in your house, he is expected to abide by your rules — which include treating one another with respect. Miss Manners trusts that you know...
    SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Exactly what's open and what's not in California really depends on which county you find yourself in. While dine-in restaurant service has been up and running for weeks in Butte and El Dorado counties, curbside retail pick-up just at the end of May in Santa Clara County.Why the staggered response? It's because Gov. Gavin Newsom is allowing for local variance when it comes to how quickly (or slowly) counties want to reopen their economies.RELATED: Only one Bay Area county isn't allowing sit-down restaurants to reopenSome sectors are allowed to reopen (with modifications) everywhere in the state, as long as the county gives the green light. Those sectors include retail (for curbside pickup), manufacturing, logistics, childcare facilities, offices where people can't telework, car washes, pet groomers, landscapers and outdoor museums.However, if a county wants to open gyms, bars, hair salons, barbershops, schools, dine-in restaurants, movie theaters shopping...
    TODAY’S WORD — CONVINCE (CONVINCE: kun-VINS: By argument, to cause someone to believe or take action in something.) Average 16 words Time limit 30 minutes Can you find 22 or more words in CONVINCE? The list will be published tomorrow. YESTERDAY’S WORD — DEMURRED deed deem deer demur demure drum dude erred mere murder murre udder redder reed rudder rude ruder To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used. For example, if “bake” is used, “baked” or “bakes” are not allowed, but “bake” and “baking” are admissible. 4. Proper nouns, slang words, or vulgar or sexually...
    TODAY’S WORD — DEMURRED (DEMURRED: dih-MURD: Voiced opposition; objected.) Average mark 14 words Time limit 25 minutes Can you find 18 or more words in DEMURRED? The list will be published tomorrow. SATURDAY’S WORD — CRIMINALS cairn calm cilia claim clam clan cram criminal racism rail rain raisin rani iris mail main manic marc marl marlin mica mini minicar nail naris alms amir arms laic laicism lain lair liar limn lira sail sari scam scan scar scram scrim silica simian similar slain slam slim snail snarl To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used. For example,...
    TODAY’S WORD — RECLINED (RECLINED: rih-KLINED: Lay back or down.) Average mark 37 words Time limit 60 minutes Can you find 54 or more words in RECLINED? TODAY’S WORD — RECLINED redline reed reel rein relic relied rend rice ride rile rind eider elder elide erne cede cider cinder cire creed creel cried leer lend lender lice lied lien line liner lire iced idle idler need nerd nice nicer niece decile decline decliner deer deice deicer dele deli denier dice dicer diel dine diner dire To purchase the Word Game book, visit WordGameBooks.com. Order it now for just $5 while supplies last! RULES OF THE GAME: 1. Words must be of four or more letters. 2. Words that acquire four letters by the addition of “s,” such as “bats” or “dies,” are not allowed. 3. Additional words made by adding a “d” or an “s” may not be used. For example, if...
    SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Exactly what's open and what's not in California really depends on which county you find yourself in. While dine-in restaurant service has been up and running for weeks in Butte and El Dorado counties, curbside retail pick-up just at the end of May in Santa Clara County.RELATED: When will we see a second wave of COVID-19 cases?Why the staggered response? It's because Gov. Gavin Newsom is allowing for local variance when it comes to how quickly (or slowly) counties want to reopen their economies.Some sectors are allowed to reopen (with modifications) everywhere in the state, as long as the county gives the green light. Those sectors include retail (for curbside pickup), manufacturing, logistics, childcare facilities, offices where people can't telework, car washes, pet groomers, landscapers and outdoor museums.However, if a county wants to open gyms, bars, hair salons, barbershops, schools, dine-in restaurants, movie theaters shopping malls...
    Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints quarterback, who has a charity that feeds the needy and helps sick kids, was berated until he apologized for his own personal views about kneeling during the National Anthem: “I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country. Let me just tell what I see or what I feel when the National Anthem is played and when I look at the flag of the United States. I envision my two grandfathers, who fought for this country during World War II, one in the Army and one in the Marine Corps. Both risking their lives to protect our country and to try to make our country and this world a better place. So every time I stand with my hand over my heart looking at that flag and singing the National Anthem, that’s what I think about....
    Some NBA coaches might not be allowed to be on the bench when play resumes July 31. According to Tim Reynolds, NBA commissioner Adam Silver said “certain coaches” might not be on the bench because of the coronavirus pandemic. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) As pointed out by Reynolds, there are currently three head coaches in the league at least 65 years old. Adam Silver says it is possible that “certain coaches” may not be able to be the bench coach when play resumes at Disney “in order to protect them.” Gregg Popovich is 71. Mike D’Antoni is 69. Alvin Gentry is 65. The CDC says people 65 and older are at higher risk. — Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) June 5, 2020 How would this work? Would they have to sit in a different area? Would the coach’s box on the sideline move? If the...
    The president of the NYPD detectives union said on Thursday that the government is stopping the police from doing their job amid the riots that broke out during the protests over George Floyd's death. “It’s not the police department. We know what we have to do and how we have to do it. We just need the OK to go,” said Paul DiGiacomo on  “Fox & Friends.” The president of the Detectives' Endowment Association said that the chaos could be stopped in a couple of hours. “They know how to confine the criminals and keep the peaceful protesters marching. We’ve done it before hundreds of times,” DiGiacomo said. TRUMP SIGNS SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE ORDER THAT CALLS FOR REMOVAL OF LIABILITY PROTECTIONS OVER 'CENSORING' A New York City police officer was randomly attacked and stabbed in the neck late Wednesday while patrolling in Brooklyn, which resulted in a struggle that caused two additional officers to suffer gunshot wounds....
    WALNUT CREEK, Calif. (KGO) -- Retailers in downtown Walnut Creek are still covered in plywood despite the county easing restrictions on the health order.Starting Wednesday, shopping inside stores is allowed in Contra Costa County. But while many store owners said they couldn't afford to be closed, they now feel they can't afford to be open. They are still worried about vandals destroying their buildings and stealing their merchandise after the looting that happened on Sunday. They are also worried about safety.RELATED: Retailers clean up after Sunday demonstration in Walnut Creek as police brace for more lootingJin Fillinger says she has been waiting for this day since she was forced to close her boutique, Jinny's, in March. But Wednesday, she said the timing did not feel right."I am not going to reopen. I have decided to stay closed for the rest of the week because the city has enacted a curfew...
    Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said it wasn't true that he allowed a neighborhood to get overrun during the protests over the death of George Floyd, and he also defended Police Chief Medaria Arradondo. In an interview with local CBS affiliate WCCO that was posted Friday, Frey spoke about the decision to vacate the 3rd precinct amidst the protests. When asked what the plan was for keeping order and being told that some officers told WCCO that they felt the order was to allow it to get overrun, Frey responded that it was not. "That could not be farther from the truth," he said. Frey explained that Arradondo called him on Wednesday to say they needed support from the Minnesota Guard. He said a commander and deputy chief contacted the Department of Public Safety Commissioner the following day. Protesters stand in front of the 3rd precinct police building as it burns...
    President Trump weighed in on the unrest in Minnesota following the death of George Floyd, saying Friday that “the looters should not be allowed to drown out the voices of so many peaceful protesters.” “The rights of peaceful protesters are very important but we can’t allow the situation to descend further into lawless chaos,” Trump continued. “It is very important, I believe, to the family, to everybody, that the memory of George Floyd be a perfect memory.” The president said his administration is working closely with the Justice Department (DOJ) and speaking with Floyd’s family to investigate the case. “I understand the hurt, I understand the pain. The family of George is entitled to justice and the people of Minnesota are entitled to safety,” Trump added. “It’s a horrible situation, we’ll be reporting back.” Trump’s remarks come after he sought to clarify what he meant in a tweet Thursday night about...
    SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Exactly what's open and what's not in California really depends on which county you find yourself in. While dine-in restaurant service has been up and running for a few weeks in Butte and El Dorado counties, curbside retail pick-up just started a few days ago in Santa Clara County.RELATED: When will we see a second wave of COVID-19 cases?Why the staggered response? It's because Gov. Gavin Newsom is allowing for local variance when it comes to how quickly (or slowly) counties want to reopen their economies.Some sectors are allowed to reopen (with modifications) everywhere in the state, as long as the county gives the green light. Those sectors include retail (for curbside pickup), manufacturing, logistics, childcare facilities, offices where people can't telework, car washes, pet groomers, landscapers and outdoor museums.However, if a county wants to open schools, dine-in restaurants or hair salons and barbershops, they have...