Saturday, Feb 27, 2021 - 20:19:24
463 results - (0.004 seconds)

The Eagles:

GLENDALE, ARIZONA - SEPTEMBER 29: Outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney #90 of the Seattle Seahawks makes an interception and runs in the football for a touchdown in the first half of the NFL game against the Arizona Cardinals at State Farm Stadium on September 29, 2019 in Glendale, Arizona. The Seahawks won 27 to 10. (Photo by Jennifer Stewart/Getty Images) Star pass-rusher Jadeveon Clowney has interest in joining the Eagles Here we are in early July and standout pass-rusher Jadeveon Clowney is still a free agent waiting to sign a contract with a team in need of a stud defensive end. Could that team end up being the Philadelphia Eagles? Per a report, Clowney has interest in multiple organizations, including the boys from the City of Brotherly Love. If the Eagles are serious about winning the NFC East again and making a push for a deep postseason run in the prime...
    For first time, U.S. records more than 70,000 new coronavirus cases in single day The One Place You Should Be Buying Your Groceries, But Arent Eagles announce discipline for DeSean Jackson, plan to keep the WR The Eagles announced discipline for DeSean Jackson on Friday. The team will fine the veteran wide receiver for his recent anti-Semitic comments. © Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports The Eagles won't cut DeSean Jackson after the WR made anti-Semitic comments on social media. Days after a report surfaced the Eagles were considering releasing Jackson, he remains on Philadelphia’s roster. The team will move forward with its 33-year-old wideout, who would be an expensive cut. 23 Cool Products That Could Sell Out In 2020 LEARN MORE Ad Gadgets Post It would cost the Eagles $12M-plus in dead money to release Jackson, and no cap savings would emerge from such a move. Jackson has apologized for...
    The Philadelphia Eagles have penalized DeSean Jackson for conduct detrimental to the team, after the wide receiver posted anti-Semitic quotes attributed to Adolf Hitler and Louis Farrakhan to Instagram. The Eagles said in a statement: This has been a difficult and emotional week for our community and organization. The Philadelphia Eagles do not tolerate hate towards any individual or group. We believe in respect and equality for all races, ethnicities, and faiths. We as an organization want to help be an instrument for positive change. This can only occur through strong, deliberate actions and a commitment to learn and grow. We have had a number of constructive conversations over the last few days, not only with DeSean Jackson, but also with many other players, members of the organization, and leaders in the community. That has led us to the point where we and he are ready to take the next...
    New England Patriots receiver Julian Edelman has proposed that he and Eagles wideout DeSean Jackson spend a day visiting Washington DC's Holocaust and African American museums after the Philadelphia star shared anti-Semitic quotes mistakenly attributed to Adolph Hitler on social media. 'DeSean, let's do a deal,' said Edelman, whose father is Jewish. 'How about we go to DC, and I take you to the Holocaust Museum, and then you take me to the Museum of African American History and Culture? Afterwards, we can grab some burgers and have those uncomfortable conversations.' Edelman, 34, made the offer on Instagram, which is the same platform Jackson was using Monday when he posted highlighted passages from an unidentified book, which claimed to be quoting Hitler. SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO  New England Patriots receiver Julian Edelman (left) has proposed that he and Eagles wideout DeSean Jackson (right) spend a day visiting Washington...
    Police ignored George Floyds I cant breathe plea: transcript Guess what? Ordering online groceries wont take a week anymore Stephen Jackson apologizes for using the wrong words in defense of DeSean Jackson over Hitler post After two days of combatively defending Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson, former NBA player Stephen Jackson apologized for his choice of words while talking with CNN’s Don Lemon on Wednesday. The contentious interview with Lemon was preceded by a report from CNN on DeSean Jackson’s Instagram story post featuring fake quotes from Adolf Hitler about a Jewish conspiracy against Black people, his apologies and Stephen Jackson’s defense of the player. One columnist was quoted as saying that defense “obliterated” the good will created by the basketball player’s role in the protests following the killing of his friend George Floyd. Stephen Jackson opened the interview by saying he “laughed” at CNN’s summary of the...
    Former NFL player Stephen Jackson said Wednesday that Philadelphia Eagles’ wide receiver DeSean Jackson was “speaking the truth” in his social media posts that included anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and a quote attributed to Adolf Hitler. “So I just read a statement that the Philadelphia Eagles posted regarding DeSean Jackson’s comments. He was trying to educate himself, educate people, and he’s speaking the truth. Right?” Stephen Jackson said in an Instagram video according to an ESPN report. “He’s speaking the truth. You know he don’t hate nobody, but he’s speaking the truth of the facts that he knows and trying to educate others.” (RELATED: Man Arrested After Defacing Catholic Cemetery With Swastikas, Anti-Catholic Language) The Eagles released a statement Tuesday calling DeSean Jackson’s posts “offensive, harmful, and absolutely appalling.” The posts included a page from a book that quoted Adolf Hitler and promoted anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Jackson also repeatedly promoted a...
    NEW ORLEANS, LA - DECEMBER 8: Raheem Mostert #31 of the San Francisco 49ers rushes during the game against the New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on December 8, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The 49ers defeated the Saints 48-46. (Photo by Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images) Raheem Mostert has demanded a trade out of San Francisco, but the Eagles don’t make much sense as a trade partner. Despite signing his current three-year contract with the 49ers just last offseason, Raheem Mostert wants a raise to become the highest-paid running back on the team. With the 49ers unlikely to oblige, Mostert has requested a trade out by the Bay, in hopes of landing a higher salary elsewhere. While the Philadelphia Eagles could use some running back help behind Miles Sanders, Mostert doesn’t make much sense, as Philly wouldn’t be able to afford his cap hit in the years to...
    Former Warriors star Stephen Jackson, a leader in the racial inequality protests after the killing of his lifelong friend George Floyd, raised eyebrows by saying Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson was “speaking the truth” after he shared anti-Semitic messages on social media. In his since-deleted Instagram video, Stephen Jackson said the onetime Cal star receiver was only “trying to educate himself” with his controversial postings that included a purported Hitler quote about Jews, as well as anti-Semitic views from Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan. After receiving backlash, including a strongly worded reprimand from the Eagles, DeSean Jackson used social media posts to repeatedly apologize Tuesday. pic.twitter.com/K9g1LANatg — Desean Jackson (@DeSeanJackson10) July 7, 2020 “I want to apologize to the Jewish community, Jeffrey Lurie, Howie Roseman, Doug Pederson, the Eagles organization and our fans for the insensitive and ill-informed posts that I shared on...
    Former NBA player Stephen Jackson defended Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson, who has apologized for posting an anti-Semitic statement that he incorrectly attributed to Adolf Hitler. Stephen Jackson, 42, claimed on Wednesday that the NFL player was "speaking the truth" when he issued multiple apologizes for a post on his Instagram story that alleged that Jews will "blackmail" America because they know that "Negros are the real Children of Israel." "So I just read a statement that the Philadelphia Eagles posted regarding DeSean Jackson's comments. He was trying to educate himself, educate people, and he's speaking the truth. Right? He's speaking the truth. You know he don't hate nobody, but he's speaking the truth of the facts that he knows and trying to educate others," the former NBA player said in a video posted on Instagram, according to ESPN. In the video, which he later deleted, he also...
    Another Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver has faced criticism after making comments about Jewish people online. Marquise Goodwin claimed that “The Jewish community is lashing out at me” after he posted a comment supporting fellow wide receiver DeSean Jackson. Jackson has faced a backlash after sharing anti-Semitic conspiracy theories on Instagram, including a fake quote attributed to Adolf Hitler, and promoting Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, a notorious anti-Semite. “How did I become a anti-Semetic [sic] overnight?” Goodwin wrote. “The Jewish community is lashing out at me on multiple pages, for what reason exactly? I’m highkey confused.” “In NO WAY do I condone anything Hitler related, AS I STRONGLY BELIEVE HE WAS IN THE WRONG. We all SHOULD come together in times like these instead of dividing,” added Goodwin, whom the Eagles acquired from the San Francisco 49ers in April. In a response to someone who commented on his post,...
    Former NBA player and current Black Lives Matter speaker Stephen Jackson, rushed to the defense of embattled Eagles receiver Desean Jackson on Tuesday. Claiming that the football player’s anti-Semitic Instagram posts were “speaking the truth.” In a video obtained via NBA Central, Jackson explained that Desean Jackson, who is of no relation to Stephen Jackson, was merely “trying to educate himself” and others, by posting anti-Semitic quotes from Nation of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan  and other quotes attributed to Adolf Hitler. “He was trying to educate himself, educate people and he’s speaking the truth,” Jackson said. “Right? He’s speaking the truth. You know he don’t hate nobody, but he’s speaking the truth of facts he knows, and trying to educate others. But, you all don’t want us to educate ourselves.” Stephen Jackson says Desean Jackson is speaking the truth pic.twitter.com/giPOBFYoU9 — NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) July 7, 2020 Over the 4th...
    DeSean Jackson is still a member of the Philadelphia Eagles after apologizing for posting anti-Semitic quotes mistakenly attributed to Adolph Hitler on social media, but his future with the team could ultimately be determined by whether or not his contact can legally be voided. Jackson has two years and $14.4 million remaining on his deal. As ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Twitter, Jackson has $4.8 million in guarantees for the 2020 season and has already received his $2 million option bonus.   The team could try and use Jackson's anti-Semitic social media posts to void those guarantees, according to Schefter.    SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO  Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson is being accused of anti-Semitism after sharing quotes attributed to Hitler on Instagram and voicing support for Louis Farrakhan. On Tuesday he posted video of himself on Instagram in which he apologized for his previous post  Jackson has two years and...
    Getty San Francisco 49ers WR Marquise Goodwin The backlash from DeSean Jackson’s controversial social media put up has hit Day 2. Jackson supplied a second apology late Tuesday evening after sharing insensitive (and false) feedback attributed to Adolf Hitler. The Eagles receiver has since reached out to a Philadelphia-area rabbi and promised to “make a distinction in our neighborhood.” In the meantime, the responses from his fellow athletes and teammates have been moderately sparse, apart from Stephen Jackson and Marquise Goodwin. Goodwin, who inked a one-year take care of the Eagles in April, took severe warmth on social media after commenting that he wished folks would care as a lot about “Black Lives Matter” as they did about Jackson’s posts. The previous 49ers receiver felt the necessity to put out a prolonged assertion on the matter since his assist for his new...
    Getty San Francisco 49ers WR Marquise Goodwin The backlash from DeSean Jackson’s controversial social media post has hit Day 2. Jackson offered a second apology late Tuesday night after sharing insensitive (and false) comments attributed to Adolf Hitler. The Eagles receiver has since reached out to a Philadelphia-area rabbi and promised to “make a difference in our community.” Meanwhile, the responses from his fellow athletes and teammates have been rather sparse, aside from Stephen Jackson and Marquise Goodwin. Goodwin, who inked a one-year deal with the Eagles in April, took serious heat on social media after commenting that he wished people would care as much about “Black Lives Matter” as they did about Jackson’s posts. The former 49ers receiver felt the need to put out a lengthy statement on the matter since his support for his new teammate in Philadelphia was misinterpreted. Goodwin acknowledged that he understood the...
    American Idol Alum Chris Sligh Says He Has Double Pneumonia After Contracting Coronavirus Treasury yields mixed as U.S. surpasses 3 million coronavirus cases The Eagles set a flawed precedent with Riley Cooper. Now they have to honor it with DeSean Jackson. Replay Video SETTINGS OFF HD HQ SD LO Skip Ad What about Riley Cooper? This was the troubling box that Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie constructed for himself in 2013. The one where Cooper, who is white, was caught on video uttering a racial epithet about a Black security guard at a country music concert, then faced little NFL consequence beyond a monetary fine and a lifetime of Google infamy. For years, the memory of Cooper’s disgraceful moment remained tucked under one of those times sure have changed categories in the NFL. Surely in today’s environment, with so much energy expended on tearing down racial tropes in America,...
    Trump’s Confederate Embrace Comes at Polling Cost: Protest Wrap Devin Nunes winery, yacht clubs, a resort in West Virginia owned by its governor – heres who got PPP loans Ex-NBA player Stephen Jackson defends DeSean Jackson, says he was speaking the truth with Hitler quote Replay Video SETTINGS OFF HD HQ SD LO Skip Ad Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has apologized multiple times for an Instagram story featuring a quote attributed to Adolf Hitler he posted on Sunday. The quote, which was debunked by Snopes as fabrication created in 2017, has Hitler supposedly saying he will start World War III to stop white Jews from from oppressing the Black community as part of a plot to extort American and seek world domination. That post drew scorn from many corners, including Jackson’s own team. However, Jackson found a defender in former NBA player Stephen Jackson, who has emerged...
    Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson offered a second apology on Tuesday for the anti-Semitic social media posts he made over the weekend, which sparked controversy. Jackson directed this apology to the Jewish community as well as Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie and general manager Howie Roseman, both of whom are Jewish. “I want to apologize to the Jewish community, Jeffrey Lurie, Howie Roseman, Doug Pederson, the Eagles organization and our fans for the insensitive and ill-informed posts that I shared on my social media,” Jackson wrote. “My intention was to uplift, unite, and encourage our culture with positivity and light. Unfortunately, that did not happen." EAGLES' DESEAN JACKSON ON ANTI-SEMITIC POSTS: 'I DEFINITELY DIDN’T MEAN IT TO THE EXTENT THAT YOU GUYS TOOK IT' He added: “I unintentionally hurt the Jewish community in the process and for that I am sorry! Now, more than ever, we must work together to end...
    DeSean Jackson and the Philadelphia Eagles addressed the anti-Semitic social media posts the wide receiver made over the weekend, which sparked controversy. Jackson put out a near-two minute contrite video explaining the posts and apologizing for them. JETS' ROOKIE DENZEL MIMS RIPS ON PHILLY: 'TRASH A-- CITY' “I’ve been getting a lot of backlash and a lot of feedback from the Instagram posts I put on my Instagram story. I just want to extend an apology on behalf of me and what I stand for because … I never want to put any race down or put any people down. My post was definitely not intended for anybody of any race to feel any type of way – especially the Jewish community. What I posted … I definitely didn’t mean it to the extent that you guys took it. “I just wanted to let you guys know I am very...
    PHILADELPHIA, PA - NOVEMBER 17: Dallas Goedert #88 of the Philadelphia Eagles runs with the ball against the New England Patriots at Lincoln Financial Field on November 17, 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images) The man who allegedly sucker punched Eagles TE Dallas Goedert offers up a conflicting story. A few weeks ago, a video surfaced of Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert getting punched in the face at a South Dakota-area bar. We heard the story, everyone seemingly picked the right side, but now another side of the story is coming out. Kyle Hadala, the man who was arrested for simple assault once the of the incident video surfaced, says that he and his group of friends were harassed by the South Dakota product in a series of events that isn’t depicted on videotape. Goedert’s version of events was that he was merely at the bar/restaurant with...
    Getty Eagles cornerback Sidney Jones makes some sense for the Seahawks. The Seattle Seahawks had a busy offseason enhancing their offensive line. ESPN’s Subject Yates famous that at one level 20 % of the Seahawks roster was offensive linemen. This quantity is down after the Seahawks launched Justin Britt and D.J. Fluker, however Seattle nonetheless has extra gamers than are going to have the ability to make the ultimate roster. Yates suggests the Seahawks commerce offensive lineman Ethan Pocic to the Eagles for cornerback Sidney Jones. The Eagles already sustained an enormous blow with starter Brandon Brooks out for the season with a torn Achilles and want so as to add depth to the offensive line. The Seahawks’ secondary is in flux as Quinton Dunbar’s authorized case continues. Jones is a well-recognized identify for followers within the Pacific Northwest after his standout...
    Getty Eagles cornerback Sidney Jones makes some sense for the Seahawks. The Seattle Seahawks had a busy offseason improving their offensive line. ESPN’s Field Yates noted that at one point 20 percent of the Seahawks roster was offensive linemen. This number is down after the Seahawks released Justin Britt and D.J. Fluker, but Seattle still has more players than are going to be able to make the final roster. Yates suggests the Seahawks trade offensive lineman Ethan Pocic to the Eagles for cornerback Sidney Jones. The Eagles already sustained a big blow with starter Brandon Brooks out for the season with a torn Achilles and need to add depth to the offensive line. The Seahawks’ secondary is in flux as Quinton Dunbar’s legal case continues. Jones is a familiar name for fans in the Pacific Northwest after his standout play at the University of Washington. Jones Was...
    Getty Seahawks guard Ethan Pocic has played both left and guard in Seattle. The Eagles seem content to roll into training camp with a competition at right guard. Brandon Brooks is out for the year and not walking through that door. Matt Pryor appears to be the front-runner to win the job after getting ringing endorsements from both his head coach and a former Pro Bowl left tackle. However, there are a bevy of veteran offensive linemen available in free agency or in a trade. One of the newest names plays for the Seattle Seahawks. According to ESPN’s Field Yates, the Eagles should float around the idea of swapping Sidney Jones for Ethan Pocic. The long-time NFL Insider included the potential move as part of his “Imagining Five 2020 NFL Player Trades” rumor column. The trade between the Eagles and Seahawks would be a player-for-player swap, exchanging two...
    Getty Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts File this one beneath essentially the most far-fetched commerce rumor in NFC East historical past. Jalen Hurts will get traded to the Dallas Cowboys. Effectively, possibly not. Stranger issues have occurred throughout the division, most lately in 2010 when the Eagles despatched Donovan McNabb packing to Washington in a weird and sudden transfer. Looking forward to 2021 for a minute: Dallas has an issue on the quarterback place. The Cowboys and Dak Prescott can’t appear to agree on a long-term contract that is sensible for either side. The sticking level has reportedly been on the size of the deal. They’ve till July 15 to determine one thing out or else Prescott will earn $31.Four million in 2020 beneath the franchise tag (assuming he indicators it). What does this must do with Hurts? The Cowboys inked former Bengals...
    Getty Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts File this one under the most far-fetched trade rumor in NFC East history. Jalen Hurts gets traded to the Dallas Cowboys. Well, maybe not. Stranger things have happened within the division, most recently in 2010 when the Eagles sent Donovan McNabb packing to Washington in a bizarre and unexpected move. Looking ahead to 2021 for a minute: Dallas has a problem at the quarterback position. The Cowboys and Dak Prescott can’t seem to agree on a long-term contract that makes sense for both sides. The sticking point has reportedly been on the length of the deal. They have until July 15 to figure something out or else Prescott will earn $31.4 million in 2020 under the franchise tag (assuming he signs it). What does this have to do with Hurts? The Cowboys inked former Bengals signal-caller Andy Dalton as the ultimate Prescott insurance...
    Getty Eagles legend Brian Dawkins is among the biggest safeties to ever play within the NFL. When Brian Dawkins talks concerning the security place, individuals are likely to hear. Particularly Eagles followers. Dawkins was the best security in franchise historical past and arguably the best participant in Philadelphia sports activities. He was aggressive, loyal, and fiercely aggressive — plus he was the crew’s undisputed chief for 13 seasons. Dawkins labeled himself “Weapon X” because of his capacity to play everywhere in the area and replenish a stat sheet. Properly, the Corridor of Famer not too long ago bestowed the identical honor on Jets security Jamal Adams. “I attempted to be somebody that, for those who have a look at each stat class, that there’s to be achieved … I’ve one thing in all of these,” Dawkins advised Jon Marks & Ike Reese....
    Getty Chris Lengthy retired from the Eagles after the 2018 season. The indelible picture of Chris Lengthy carrying an Allen Iverson throwback jersey on the Tremendous Bowl parade is all it’s good to know. His affection for Philadelphia runs many years deep. Lengthy’s legendary father, Howie, starred at Villanova College within the late 1970s. The 2 had been chatting about life on a current episode of the Inexperienced Gentle podcast when the subject turned to the place Chris may select to retire. You see, he spent eight seasons in St. Louis earlier than transferring to New England for one after which Philly for 2 on the finish of his profession. He famously donned that Iverson jersey — it’s been immortalized in mural kind — after serving to lead the Eagles to the franchise’s first-ever Tremendous Bowl championship. The 35-year-old admitted that St....
    Getty Chris Long retired from the Eagles after the 2018 season. The indelible image of Chris Long wearing an Allen Iverson throwback jersey at the Super Bowl parade is all you need to know. His affection for Philadelphia runs decades deep. Long’s legendary father, Howie, starred at Villanova University in the late 1970s. The two were chatting about life on a recent episode of the Green Light podcast when the topic turned to where Chris might choose to retire. You see, he spent eight seasons in St. Louis before moving to New England for one and then Philly for two at the end of his career. He famously donned that Iverson jersey — it’s been immortalized in mural form — after helping lead the Eagles to the franchise’s first-ever Super Bowl championship. The 35-year-old admitted that St. Louis may have been the choice if they still had a...
    Getty Jalen Mills inked a one-year deal worth $4 million this offseason to stay in Philadelphia and move over to safety. If the Eagles are serious about adding one more Pro Bowl piece, they are going to have to free up both roster and cap space. Addition by subtraction. Jamal Adams, Yannick Ngakoue and Joe Thuney are the three biggest names out there to acquire in a trade. Some lesser names make sense, too. Guys like Broncos running back Royce Freeman and Rams guard Austin Blythe are two intriguing options in a trade scenario. But the Eagles would have to give something up in any of those potential deals. Or maybe they stand pat and don’t tweak the roster at all. That was the impression shared by Doug Pederson last week in a radio interview. “This is pretty much the roster. Outside of maybe looking at a replacement...
    Getty Houston Texans RB Lamar Miller The Eagles’ never-ending quest for a veteran running back continues late into June. The team may ultimately just roll the dice with the young guys on the roster. Corey Clement has been slowly emerging as a favorite to win the backup spot — or at least the third-string job — behind Miles Sanders. He recently posted a series of Instagram videos showing himself smoothly cutting on a dime and accelerating forcefully on the grass. The fourth-year rusher has 142 carries for 580 yards in three NFL seasons, plus four catches for 100 yards and a touchdown in Super Bowl LII. The Eagles signed Clement to a one-year deal back in late April after initially letting him walk. The 25-year-old instructed his agent to only negotiate with Philadelphia in free agency. “I knew I had a lot left in the tank when it...
    Getty Dallas Goedert #88 of the Philadelphia Eagles celebrates his touchdown with fans in the second quarter over the Green Bay Packers during the game at Lambeau Field on September 26, 2019 in Green Bay, Wisconsin. (Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty Images) Leave it to Eagles fans to track down the enemy. The guy who attacked Dallas Goedert at a South Dakota bar is out of work. The Florida man — 29-year-old Kyle Douglas Halada — who sucker-punched the Eagles’ tight end at the Zoo Bar in Aberdeen, South Dakota, was reportedly traveling on a business trip when the encounter happened. However, Halada’s last known employer (Wilde Lexus of Sarasota, per his LinkedIn page) claims he has not worked at the car dealership since May 2, 2020. The store felt a need to put out a statement after their social media accounts became flooded with irate Eagles fans calling...
    Getty Yannick Ngakoue celebrates a big play in 2018. If the Eagles want to trade at least one first-round pick (plus a Pro Bowl veteran player) then give Jacksonville a call. It just makes more sense. Following multiple reports of Philadelphia being in the Jamal Adams’ sweepstakes, it’s time to go back and look at a better fit for the Eagles. Jaguars star edge rusher Yannick Ngakoue has been looking for (no, screaming) his way out of Jacksonville for quite some time. The Eagles have long been high on his wish list but they never made a legitimate trade offer. In fact, the last team to make any kind of offer was the Las Vegas Raiders on draft weekend. Ngakoue remains stranded in Jacksonville and still hasn’t signed his franchise tender with the deadline of July 15 looming on the horizon. What’s going to happen? Will the Eagles...
    ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) — A Florida man is accused of punching Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert at a bar. The 29-year-old man is charged with misdemeanor assault and has been released on a personal recognizance bond, according to Ernest Thompson, chief deputy state’s attorney in Brown County. Goedert, 25, is a Britton, South Dakota, native and was at The Zoo bar in Aberdeen when he was punched and knocked to the ground about 1 a.m. Saturday. Thompson confirmed a video of the punch that surfaced on social media involved Goedert, the Argus Leader reported. The video shows Goedert with his arm outstretched, distancing himself from another man before being punched by a different person. Thompson said it’s not yet known what happened before the confrontation. Goedert was taken by ambulance to a hospital, treated and released. ___ More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL Copyright © 2020 The...
    Getty Eagles LT Jason Peters is one of the most unselfish players on the roster. Jason Peters is still working out and looking for a home. Will he put up a second residency in Philadelphia? It’s looking like a strong possibility considering the uncertainty at both the left tackle spot and right guard position for the Eagles. Peters is a known commodity, a future Hall of Famer who would provide an insurance policy on second-year man Andre Dillard. The 38-year-old may even choose to hop over to right guard after the Eagles lost Brandon Brooks for the year. According to ESPN’s Tim McManus, the team hasn’t ruled out bringing Peters back. The franchise is a tad hand-strapped financially due to potential salary-cap issues in 2021 stemming from Carson Wentz’s mega-deal. It also seems a stretch for them to make a blockbuster deal for Patriots guard Joe Thuney. That...
    Getty Jamal Adams Is it another epic troll job or legitimate plea to be traded? For now, Jamal Adams seems to like the way he looks in midnight green. Adams, the Jets’ All-Pro safety, recently listed the Eagles as one of eight teams he is interested in playing for in 2020. The 24-year-old has demanded a trade out of New York despite being under team control for two more seasons. No matter, Adams has made his intentions known and he’s “trying” to land in Dallas. But don’t count out the Eagles in swooping in with an offer for the former sixth overall pick. The Instagram account EaglesTopDogs recently mocked up a sweet photo of Adams wearing a No. 33 midnight green jersey, with white chin strap and black visor. He kind of looks like Brian Dawkins. Adams actually “liked” the photo from his personal account. View this post...
    The man suspected of sucker punching Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert in the face during a barroom brawl in South Dakota has been arrested. Aberdeen (South Dakota) police confirmed the arrested of the 29-year-old Kyle Douglas Hadala, who is being charged with simple assault. An Aberdeen officer declined to provide any more information to the Daily Mail. Goedert, 25, is said to be doing fine after the altercation at Zoo Bar in Aberdeen on Saturday, NJ Advance Media reported. According to police, Goedert was taken to a hospital after the incident, but has since been released.  Aberdeen (South Dakota) police confirmed the arrested of the Kyle Douglas Hadala (right), who is being charged with simple assault. An Aberdeen officer declined to provide any more information to the Daily Mail. Hadala is accused of assaulting Dallas Goedert (left) Moments before he is punched, Goedert is seen confronting...
    Dallas Goedert was hit by a guy in a bar in South Dakota | Steven Ryan / . Kyle Douglas Hadala, suspected of having beaten Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert to unconsciousness in a South Dakota bar, was arrested Monday. A security video from the “Zoo” bar showed how Goedert was beaten to the point of having to be taken to a local hospital. Police announce arrest of man who assaulted Dallas Goedert https://t.co/YrSdkQA6RM – ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) June 22, 2020 “At approximately 1:07 am on June 20, 2020, the Aberdeen Police Department responded to an emergency call made from South Main Street. A man was hit in the face and transported to Avera St. Lukes Hospital. to be rehabilitated, “reads the police report. “The investigation led to the arrest of Kyle Douglas Hadala, 29. The subject was charged with single assault,” he explained.
    see also Wild video shows NFL player getting knocked out with sucker punch Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert appeared to be knocked... A suspect has emerged in the sucker-punch attack on Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert. Kyle Douglas Hadala, a 29-year-old from Sarasota, Fla, was charged with simple assault for allegedly hitting Goedert at a restaurant in South Dakota, according to multiple reports. The punch was caught on video and went viral. “It was discovered that an adult male had been punched in the face. The male was transported to Avera St. Lukes Hospital where he was treated and released,” the Aberdeen police department said in a statement. In the video, which lasts 40 seconds, Goedert is talking to one man when he is punched in the face by another. He hits the floor and a fight breaks out around his motionless body. ESPN confirmed the...
    PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert was hospitalized on Friday night after he was sucker-punched inside a South Dakota bar. Footage of the incident has now surfaced. Above is reportedly a video of the incident at the Zoo Bar in South Dakota, about 60 miles from Goedert’s hometown of Britton. Download The New And Improved CBS Philly App! The 25-year-old was knocked unconscious but is OK following the scary scene. A suspect involved was arrested on Saturday, according to an ESPN report. Neither Goeddert nor the Eagles have commented publicly about the altercation.
    Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert appeared to be knocked out cold after getting sucker-punched Friday night at a restaurant in South Dakota, a video of the incident appears to show. The 25-year-old was said to be “fine,” according to multiple reports, but a new video from the Twitter user @SamStompy seems to have revealed more details of the altercation, which surfaced Saturday. The Twitter user said they had a connection to the bar owner, and the video was later shared by ESPN and NFL Network. In the 40-second clip, the 6-foot-5, 256-pound Goedert appeared to be talking to a man in the restaurant and looked to be pushing him away with his right hand when another man came into the picture from his left. Just as Goedert began to turn his head, he was punched in the face by the unidentified man and immediately fell to the floor...
    Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert appeared to be knocked out cold after getting sucker-punched Friday night at a restaurant in South Dakota, a video of the incident appears to show. The 25-year-old was said to be “fine,” according to multiple reports, but a new video from the Twitter user @SamStompy seems to have revealed more details of the altercation, which surfaced Saturday. The Twitter user said they had a connection to the bar owner, and the video was later shared by ESPN and NFL Network. In the 40-second clip, the 6-foot-5, 256-pound Goedert appeared to be talking to a man in the restaurant and looked to be pushing him away with his right hand when another man came into the picture from his left. Just as Goedert began to turn his head, he was punched in the face by the unidentified man and immediately fell to the floor on...
    Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert is “fine” after getting sucker punched at a restaurant, ESPN reports. Mitchell Republic has more details on the incident: Police were called to The Zoo Bar in Aberdeen just after 1 a.m. on a report of “people busting glasses and have busted heads,” according to archived local police scanner traffic reviewed by Forum News Service. Police radioed in shortly after from the scene to run Goedert’s ID, and those of two other men.   Mitchell Republic also reports an “ambulance was called for what was identified as a 24-year-old male who was unconscious but breathing.” The publication could not report if that person was Goedert. NJ.com reports Goedert was “evaluated at a hospital as a precaution.” NJ.com also adds Goedert was at the restaurant with his family.  ESPN reported a suspect was arrested in the aftermath. Video of the altercation leaked online later. MORE: Brett Favre compares Colin Kaepernick to...
    Philadelphia Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert was sent to the hospital Saturday after a bar fight. According to NJ.com, the Eagles player was taken to the hospital after being “allegedly sucker-punched unprovoked” by a person at a bar while having dinner with his family. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) The Mitchell Republic reported that the incident occurred at The Zoo Bar in Aberdeen, and that police responded to a call about “people busting glasses and have busted heads.” Goedert is said to now be doing just fine.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Dallas Goedert (@sgoboy_88) on Dec 16, 2019 at 10:11am PST As the Mitchell Republic pointed out, there have been a lot of rumors swirling around about what happened, and it seems to still be very unclear. All we know for sure is that Goedert is...
    Getty Eagles TE Dallas Goedert scored the video games first landing and completed with 9 catches for 91 yards. South Dakota is dwelling to the picturesque Badlands. It additionally set the scene for a scary incident involving one star Eagles tight finish. Dallas Goedert was reportedly sucker-punched unprovoked at a South Dakota bar and rushed to the hospital for additional analysis. The third-year tight finish wasn’t severely injured and was despatched dwelling on his personal accord, per NJ Advance Media. Per supply, #Eagles TE Dallas Goedert was with household at a restaurant final night time and was sucker punched unprovoked. He was taken to the hospital for analysis and is okay. — Mike Kaye (@mike_e_kaye) June 20, 2020 Goedert is a star within the making and his identify has been producing buzz as a attainable long-term substitute for starter Zach Ertz. The...
    Getty Zach Ertz of the Philadelphia Eagles The best safety in football wants to be traded and the Eagles are on his wish list. How much are you willing to give up for him? Adams, who earned first-team All-Pro honors in 2019, has “reached an impasse” in contract talks in New York. He has since demanded a trade out of New York and his preference is to play for a Super Bowl contender. According to NFL Hall of Famer Michael Irvin, the Jets are seeking a first-rounder and a third-rounder in exchange for Adams. It’s a steep price but actually fair market value for a player of his caliber. The Eagles have shied away from giving up high draft capital in recent offseasons, including this one when they chose not to aggressively pursue DeAndre Hopkins. They also passed on Jalen Ramsey at last year’s trade deadline. But, what...
    Getty Jets S Jamal Adams It’s been a crazy, roller-coaster day for Jamal Adams. And the last twisting turn includes the Philadelphia Eagles. Adams, a two-time Pro Bowl safety for the Jets, had been looking for a long-term contract in New York but the two sides “reached an impasse” in May, per ESPN’s Rich Cimini. Adams wants to be the highest-paid safety in football, a number around $15 million per year. There’s been no movement to that end. Now the 24-year-old reportedly wants out of town. On Thursday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Adams has requested a trade and provided a list of seven NFL teams he’s interested in playing for in 2020. The Eagles are one of those teams, along with the Ravens, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs, 49ers and Seahawks. Here are the seven teams to which Jets’ Pro-Bowl safety Jamal Adams would welcome a trade, per source:
    Getty Images Matt Pryor finds himself in a position to win a starting job in the NFL. It’s what every kid dreams about when he first straps on the pads and he’s “ready to go.” Pryor, a sixth-round pick out of Texas Christian, looks like the best in-house candidate to take over for the injured Brandon Brooks at right guard. The third-year man played in three games in 2019, including a start in the Eagles-Seahawks wild-card playoff game. Pryor held his own, for the most part in those contests. Now the 332-pounder has to prove he deserves a seat at the big boy’s table every Sunday. “I’m going to be ready to go,” Pryor told Eagles Insider Dave Spadaro. “It’s time to take my game to a new level. I know the opportunity is there. You don’t like it to happen when somebody gets hurt. We all feel...
    Second in a three-part series examining the Giants’ NFC East foes. Even though it is understood things change rapidly in the NFL, sometimes it is remarkable how turbulent the roster shuffle can be. The Eagles are only three years removed from claiming the first Lombardi Trophy in franchise history and yet fewer than 20 players remain from the Super Bowl LII victory. It is far too drastic to call what it is happening in Philadelphia a malaise, but it is not unfair to say this is a huge season ahead for the Eagles. They profess to be cutting edge as far as having a forward-thinking front office and an innovative and player-friendly head coach, and yet there is a stagnancy to their most recent results. The Eagles seem better than what they have been the last two seasons. And they do not lack for confidence. “When I look...
    Getty Images Former Bengals WR Chad Johnson spent 11 years in the NFL. One thing the Eagles don’t have enough of are players with fun nicknames. Sometimes a good one can psych an opponent out at the line of scrimmage. Sure, there is the Green Goblin (Jalen Mills), Ginger Jesus (Carson Wentz), and White Snake (Nathan Gerry). Plus Strap (Cre’Von LeBlanc), Jaccpot (DeSean Jackson), Gravedigger (Javon Hargrave), and Big Play (Darius Slay). Now the Eagles can add a new one to the list: Jalen Reagor has been dubbed “The Magician.” The rookie receiver from Texas Christian was given the moniker by six-time Pro Bowler Chad Johnson earlier this week. The former Bengals star didn’t explain why but it seems to do with Reagor’s insane ability to make people miss in space … wave the magic wand and poof! Preciate it uncle
    Even without OTAs, debilitating injuries can still happen. Just ask the Eagles. Pro Bowl right tackle Brandon Brooks has been lost for the upcoming season after tearing his left Achilles tendon while working out at the team’s practice complex, he confirmed on Twitter. This is a significant loss. Brooks, who signed a four-year, $54.2 million contract extension in November, had started all 48 games over the last three years after joining the Eagles following four seasons with the Texans. The only game he missed last year was the wild-card loss to the Seahawks. The Eagles allowed seven sacks in that game. “My heart sunk when I got the news,” Eagles coach Doug Pederson told reporters on Tuesday morning. “We are still looking at a lot of options. Starting with our own roster. We’ve got some time before training camp.” He’s reached three straight Pro Bowls, but the 30-year-old lineman is...
    Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson is more than okay with players who kneel during the national anthem. The national anthem debate is once again front and center in the sports community thanks to Drew Brees and you can expect players across the league to protest. If guys in Philly do it, they’ll have Pederson’s complete and total support. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Highlight: @readdanwrite asks @drewbrees what the star NFL quarterback thinks about “players kneeling again when the NFL season starts.”@drewbrees: “I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country.” Full exchange: pic.twitter.com/MpCkFyOMed — Yahoo Finance (@YahooFinance) June 3, 2020 Pederson said the following Tuesday about potential protests and if he’d join them, according to John Clark: We are going to have discussions. We’ve been able to have dialogue and conversations. Nothing...
    Getty Ronald Leary with Cowboys No one would have thought the Eagles would be looking for reinforcements this soon. Not before training camp even started. Then, the unthinkable happened. Brandon Brooks is done for the entire 2020 campaign, courtesy of a freak ACL tear at the team’s practice facility. The Eagles’ starting right guard — and arguably their best offensive lineman — is out. Jason Peters’ name will no doubt be blaring loudly on sports-talk radio tomorrow morning. He’s a good bet to land on the roster at left tackle, with someone else jumping over to right guard. There are also other options for Philadelphia to investigate in free agency, including a four-time Pro Bowl selection. They could also let their rookies and young veterans fight for the spot. Either way, the right guard position just became the best battle to watch at camp. So I guess now...
    Getty Saints sign Safety Malcolm Jenkins Malcolm Jenkins is ready to take his activism to the national stage. The former Eagles safety is joining CNN as a contributor on reform issues. Jenkins, who inked a four-year deal with the Saints in the offseason, has long been a leading voice for social justice and racial equality in during his six years in Philadelphia. He co-founded the Players Coalition in 2017 with former NFL receiver Anquan Boldin as a way to enact change. Jenkins has also written op-ed pieces for outlets like the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN and the Philadelphia Inquirer. In his new role for CNN, Jenkins will be a regular contributor and said it’s important that “journalists must not make the grave mistake of allowing the world to go back to sleep” in the wake of public protests over the killing of George Floyd. It’s imperative...
    Bryce Harper has a backup plan if Major League Baseball and the players union cannot come to an agreement on compensation for a pandemic-shortened season. Harper told Philadelphia Eagles offensive lineman Lane Johnson on his “Outside the Lane” podcast on Saturday that he would want to don the green and white if can’t play for the Philadelphia Phillies this season. GARY SHEFFIELD RECALLS INCIDENTS OF ALLEGED RACIAL BIAS IN POLICE ENCOUNTERS: 'NOW DO YOU BELIEVE ME?' “If baseball doesn’t come back, I’ll just go play for the Eagles,” Harper said jokingly. Harper and Johnson had a laugh after the comment. METS' GM BRODIE VAN WAGENEN, MLB VOW TO USE PLATFORM TO CALL FOR 'SOCIAL CHANGE' In all seriousness, baseball doesn’t appear close to coming to an agreement on salaries to start the season. Baseball players told MLB additional talks to start the season during the pandemic are pointless and said...
    The Eagles might have the best defensive tackle rotation in football. The interior line is the stuff of nightmares. The addition of Javon Hargrave in the offseason only strengthened an already freakish collection of talent, including Fletcher Cox, Malik Jackson and Hassan Ridgeway. Yes, the latter player may not inspire the same amount of fear as the other three but remember the name. The 25-year-old is out to prove he belongs in the conversation. And he believes that Philadelphia owns the best defensive line in the NFL. “This interior is probably, man, as they say every year, probably one of the best that’s out there if everybody can stay healthy,” Ridgeway told reporters in April. “You got a lot of talented people all in the same room, so it’s going to be a lot of competition.” Ridgeway bet on himself in free agency when he inked a cheap one-year deal...
    The Philadelphia Eagles will open facilities starting June 8. According to the team’s website, facilities will open “with a limited number of employees” starting this upcoming Monday. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) However, players and coaches “continue their work from home” during the coronavirus pandemic. NovaCare Complex and Lincoln Financial Field are set to re-open with limited employees on June 8 — Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) June 4, 2020 Honestly, I’m not exactly sure why you need to open up team facilities if your players and coaches are both staying home. I guess it’s just a green light for anyone that might want to return and work from the offices, and it does allow executives to return.   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Carson Wentz (@cj_wentz11) on Apr 23, 2020 at 4:10pm PDT However, until the players actually get...
    Texas Longhorns receiver Brennan Eagles has claimed he’s done playing football for the time being. Following the death of George Floyd, we’ve seen coaches, players and executives across sports step forward with statements and different actions. Well, Eagles is planning on boycotting football until he sees a change. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)   View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Brennan Eagles ???? (@_brennaneagles_) on May 15, 2020 at 12:48pm PDT “I’m not going to play another snap knowing what’s going on in our society due to color and the system being broken,” Eagles wrote in part in a recent Twitter post. Judging from the full post, which is honestly a shade hard to follow, it sounds like Eagles has a problem with where money in sports goes. You can read the full post below. ✊???????? pic.twitter.com/7L81OJmiS6 — ???? (@_BrennanEagles_)...
    Eagles songwriter Don Henley asked Congress on Tuesday to “Take It to the Limit” to protect artists against online pirating, wading into a copyright fight pitting Hollywood and the recording industry against big tech platforms like Google’s YouTube. The blockbuster hitmaker of the 1970s testified online from his home before a Senate Judiciary subcommittee weighing possible changes to a 1998 copyright law. The law allows holders of copyrighted material to formally ask parties they believe have taken their content without permission to remove it. The parties can dispute the claim. If they comply promptly with the request, there are no legal consequences. Otherwise, they may be subject to criminal penalties. Henley said the law is weak and needs to be changed to make it more effective in stopping online piracy. LED ZEPPELIN WINS 'STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN' COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT CASE
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Eagles songwriter Don Henley urged Congress on Tuesday to “Take It to the Limit” to protect artists against online pirating, wading into a copyright fight pitting Hollywood and the recording industry against big tech platforms like Google’s YouTube. The blockbuster hitmaker of the 1970s testified online from his home before a Senate Judiciary subcommittee weighing possible changes to a 1998 copyright law. The law allows holders of copyrighted material to formally ask parties they believe have taken their content without permission to remove it. The parties can dispute the claim. If they comply promptly with the request, there are no legal consequences. Otherwise, they may be subject to criminal penalties. Henley said the law is weak and needs to be changed to make it more effective in stopping online piracy. The so-called “notice and takedown” system under the copyright law is used by the movie and recording...
    Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson had an idea to give fans a treat at home if they cannot get to the stadium this season because of the coronavirus pandemic. Jackson said Friday on his teammate Lane Johnson’s “Outside the Lane” YouTube show the NFL should consider putting a mic on players on the field as opposed to broadcasts pumping in artificial crowd noise. TEXANS' KENNY STILLS, FREE AGENT ERIC REID RESPOND TO NFL'S STATEMENT ON PROTESTS: 'SAVE THE BULLS--T' “It’s going to get crazy, I think they should, though,” the veteran wide receiver said. “They should give the fans the inside to really see what goes on between the white lines. It gets crazy, bro. I know in the trenches it gets crazy, and I know out there on the outside it gets crazy too with the conversations we going back and forth on.” The NFL plans to start...
    Bald eagle numbers in Massachusetts have soared so far in 2020, according to state wildlife officials. They described the ascension as “a dramatic uptick,” with more than 70 active nests located so far this spring. Among those nests is the first to have been seen with eggs on Cape Cod in 115 years, according to the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, also known as MassWildlife. The state said it recently improved the official status of the nation’s most iconic birds from “threatened” to “special concern” within its borders. While state and federal laws have been established to protect bald eagles from human interference, the birds can fiercely fight for territory with each other and additional airborne predators. This year also marked the first documented sighting of bald eagles nesting on Martha’s Vineyard, MassWildlife said in a press release — but the eggs in that nest cracked in a battle...
    Philadelphia Eagles stars Carson Wentz and Zach Ertz spoke out Thursday about the case of George Floyd, who died earlier this week after being arrested in Minneapolis. Wentz and Ertz tweeted separate statements. COLIN KAEPERNICK ON GEORGE FLOYD CASE: 'WHEN CIVILITY LEADS TO DEATH, REVOLTING IS THE ONLY LOGICAL REACTION' “Been thinking about the George Floyd situation and thinking of the words to say [and] coming up empty,” Wentz said. “All I know is that the institutional racism in this country breaks my heart and needs to stop. Can’t even fathom what the black community has to endure on a daily basis. “Being from North Dakota, I’ve spent a large part of my life surrounded by people of similar color, so I’m never gonna act like I know what the black community goes through or even has gone through already. I’ll never know the feeling of having to worry about my...
    (CNN)Once on the endangered species list, bald eagles are flourishing in Massachusetts.The Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife (MFW) said in a post on their website this week that there's been a "dramatic uptick" in eagle nests this year -- more than 70 active nests were spotted this spring.That includes the first bald eagle nest with eggs on Cape Cod in 115 years, and the first-ever documented case of eagles nesting on nearby Martha's Vineyard. The Cape saw its last nest in Sandwich back in 1905.Bald eagles recently improved from threatened to special concern on the Massachusetts Endangered Species Act list due to successful conservation measures, MFW said, after conducting an eagle reintroduction program in the 1980s that has led to an uptick in the population of bald eagles in Massachusetts and the New England area.While bald eagles are no longer on the endangered species list, they are still protected...