Monday, Mar 01, 2021 - 12:11:16
22 results - (0.001 seconds)

decision to quit:

    Renee Paquette needs no introduction for wrestling fans. The former Renee Young is famous for her time in the WWE as a backstage interviewer and a commentator. Renee left WWE in late 2020 after eight years with the company, and she finally revealed the real reason she parted ways with the promotion. AUSTIN, TX – MARCH 15: WWE Host Renee Young speaks onstage at ‘Hit A Home Run With Content Creation And Streaming’ during the 2015 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival at Four Seasons Hotel on March 15, 2015 in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Heather Kennedy/Getty Images for SXSW) Why did Renee Paquette leave WWE? Renee recently joined Chris Van Vliet on his podcast discussing a plethora of things, including her WWE release. Chris asked her when she legit thought about leaving WWE. Renee instantly replied, “I think it’s probably like two, three years ago, I had asked for my...
    Imran Khan might have stepped off the limelight, but he is still a darling star to many. In a career spanning less than a decade, the good-looking lad flashed his many shades on the big screen and mesmerised one and all. It was Abbas Tyrewala’s Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na that introduced him to the world of lights, camera and action. Having said that, his decision to quit films came as a shocker, but who are we to judge? All in all, he did give Indian cinema movies that were packed with impressive storylines. Karan Johar Birthday Special: The ABCs of His Debonair, Eclectic and Flamboyant Avalanche of a Fashion Arsenal! And as Imran Khan turns a year older on January 13, 2021, we are in a mood to rank his films in order for wow to good. From playing Jai Singh Rathore, Rahul Khanna and many other characters on the...
    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are quitting social media to 'safeguard their content' after signing an £100million deal with Netflix and Spotify, a royal expert has claimed.  It was revealed last week that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not use social networks to promote their new Archewell Foundation, or return to their Sussex Royal Instagram and Twitter accounts, which they stopped using last year. It's equally unlikely that Meghan will resume posting personally, even though she was an avid Instagram user in her Suits days, and the couple have spoken out against 'toxic' online culture in recent months. However, royal editor Russell Myers today claimed on Lorraine that the choice is more 'to do with money' than taking a principled stand.  He said that while the couple have criticised social media in the past, they have signed 'big money deals' and wont want to give content away 'for free'.  ...
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have stopped using social media after dealing with an 'almost unsurvivable' amount of abuse. Harry and Meghan had more than 10 million Instagram followers on their SussexRoyal account, but stopped posting to it in March last year. At the time they wrote a lengthy post thanking their followers and asking them to look out for each other amid the coronavirus pandemic. But now the couple, who share son Archie, have decided to abandon social media altogether - including to promote their non-profit Archewell, according to The Times. They have 'no plans' to use social media and it is 'very unlikely' that they will ever return to platforms in any personal capacity. Harry and Meghan (pictured) had more than 10 million Instagram followers on their SussexRoyal account, but stopped posting to it in March last year In March last year the couple wrote...
    TEEN Mom 2 star Chelsea Houska breaks down in tears as she opens up about her decision to quit the reality show in a clip from next week’s reunion episode. The MTV series will air a two-part reunion special to ask the cast about all the drama that went down during the season and to find out the latest in their lives. 7Chelsea Houska breaks down in tears in a clip from the Teen Mom 2 reunion specialCredit: MTV During the season finale this past Tuesday, Chelsea made the decision to leave the show after more than a decade on the franchise. In the promo for the Teen Mom reunion, she admits “it wasn’t an easy decision.”  The 29-year-old adds: “This has been my life since I was 17.” Chelsea’s unable to continue for a moment as she’s overwhelmed by emotion and begins sobbing about the loss of the show...
    Kim Cattrall continues to stand by her decision to back out of making any more Sex And The City films as she faced 'so much misery' amid the backlash. The 64-year-old actress played hugely popular character Samantha Jones on the series and two follow-up films, but refused to do another amid a public feud with co-star Sarah Jessica Parker, 55. And in a new interview with the Women’s Prize For Fiction Podcast, the British-born star has revealed that she she was eager to move on from the iconic project and 'tell stories that [she] hadn't heard before'. Freedom of choice: Kim Cattrall continues to stand by her decision to back out of making any more Sex And The City films as she faced 'so much misery' amid the backlash. Pictured in 2019 Speaking of that time, she told host Zing Tsjeng: 'I remember getting a lot of grief on...
    Kim Cattrall has revealed that she made the conscious decision not to try for children when she was 41 and starring on her iconic show Sex And The City. The 64-year-old actress, who was newly married to musician Mark Levinson at the time, was in the midst of enjoying immense success on the HBO show during a period when mature women had limited options onscreen. And in a new interview with the Women’s Prize For Fiction Podcast, out on Wednesday, the British-born star admitted that her gruelling schedule, coupled with her passion for her work, left her feeling motherhood wasn't a viable option. Tough decision: Kim Cattrall has revealed that she made the conscious decision not to try for children when she was 41 and starring on her iconic show Sex And The City She told host Zing Tsjeng: 'This was 1998, I would have to become a bit of...
    Actress Sana Khan and her husband Maulana Anas Saiyad have been in the media glare for a while now, eversince they got married. Sana, a well known name in the film and television world, first quit the showbiz industry in October to pursue a path led by religion. This was followed by the actress tying the knot soon with Anas. In a recent interview, Sana opened up about her decision to quit the industry and also opened up about her husband. Bigg Boss 6 Fame Sana Khan, After Quitting the Industry, Ties The Knot With Gujarat-Based Mufti Anaas (View Pics and Video). And now, her husband Maulana Anas Saiyad also spoke to a daily and put forth his side of the story on Sana and his marriage, trolls targetting the couple and also how he was not behind Sana’s decision of quitting the world of glitz and glamour. Sana Khan Opens...
    (CNN)In an exclusive interview, Rep. Paul Mitchell, Republican of Michigan, told CNN that his disgust and disappointment with President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the results of the election have led him to request that the Clerk of the House change his party affiliation to "independent," and to notify GOP leaders in a letter that he is withdrawing his "engagement and association with the Republican Party at both the national and state level." Mitchell, who is retiring at the end of this session of Congress, says he fears that the House GOP leadership's participation in the outgoing President's conspiracy theories and attempts to disenfranchise millions of American voters to overturn President-elect Joe Biden's victory could cause "long-term harm to our democracy."It is "unacceptable for political candidates to treat our election system as though we are a third-world nation and incite distrust of something so basic as the sanctity of our...
    Watch the moment that had Gwen calling Carson 'rude' and walking away from her chair. Gwen Stefani was left so torn during last night’s (November 16) The Voice Battle Rounds that she threatened to quit the show. The mom of three made it very clear that she didn’t want to decide between 14-year-old Carter Rubin and 15-year-old Larriah Jackson and jokingly called host Carson Daly “rude” when he asked who would make it through. In the tough battle that can be seen in the tweet below, the two performed Meghan Trainor and The Voice coach John Legend’s “Like I’m Gonna Lose You.” In a piece to camera, Gwen called having to choose between the two “the worst thing ever.” Kelly Clarkson agreed that the decision was hard. “You are so screwed!” she teased as Gwen got up from her red spinning chair and threatened to leave. “Oh my God. I’m...
    Vijay Sethupathi is no longer associated with Muttiah Muralitharan’s biopic titled 800. The Super Deluxe actor was earlier roped in to essay the role of the former Sri Lankan player in his biopic, however, the announcement wasn’t received as well as the makers had expected it to. Sethupathi was strongly criticised for playing the role of Muralitharan who was strongly criticised for not reacting against Tamil genocide in Sri Lanka. While the former cricketer had earlier issued a statement reacting to the ongoing controversy, Vijay Sethupathi too decided to take a call that he never wanted to take. 800: Muttiah Muralitharan’s Biopic Makers Issue Statement after ‘Shame on Vijay Sethupathi’ Trends on Twitter. Vijay announced his decision to quit the biopic by tweeting Muralitharan’s statement on his social media handle. The actor shared his statement with a caption which when roughly translated to English reads ‘Thank you and goodbye.’ The actor was receiving severe...
    LONDON (Reuters) - Red Bull respect engine supplier Honda's decision to leave Formula One at the end of 2021 and are well equipped to deal with the 'obvious challenges' presented by the departure, team boss Christian Horner said on Friday. Honda said in a statement it wanted to focus its research and development resources on energy technologies including for fuel cells and battery electric vehicles. The Japanese carmaker supplies two Red Bull owned F1 teams -- Red Bull Racing and Italy-based AlphaTauri (previously Toro Rosso). Both teams have been grand prix winners this season, making Honda the only engine supplier to have won with two different teams in the V6 turbo hybrid era that started in 2014 and that has been dominated by Mercedes. "The shifting focus within the automotive industry has led to Honda’s decision to re-deploy their resources and we understand and respect the reasoning behind this," said...
    TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Honda Motor will end its participation as an engine supplier in the FIA Formula One World Championship at the end of the 2021 season to focus on zero-emission technology, it said on Friday. The decision was made at the end of September and the company does not intend to return to F1, Chief Executive Takahiro Hachigo said in an online news conference. "This is not a result of the coronavirus pandemic but because of our longer-term carbon-free goal," he said. Honda, which returned to F1 in 2015 in partnership with the Red Bull Racing team, will instead accelerate development of zero-emission technologies such as fuel cells and batteries. "We understand how difficult it has been for Honda Motor Company to reach the decision. We understand and respect the reasoning behind this," Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner said in a statement. (Reporting by Tim Kelly and...
    Raking leaves again this fall? Stop right now Houston Chef Chris Shepherds Southern Smoke Has Raised $3,361,772 for Restaurant Workers in Need Right Now Red Bull respect Hondas decision to quit F1, says Horner LONDON (Reuters) - Red Bull respect engine supplier Honda's decision to leave Formula One at the end of 2021 and are well equipped to deal with the 'obvious challenges' presented by the departure, team boss Christian Horner said on Friday. © Reuters/POOL FILE PHOTO: Hungarian Grand Prix © Reuters/MAXIM SHEMETOV FILE PHOTO: Russian Grand Prix Honda said in a statement it wanted to focus its research and development resources on energy technologies including for fuel cells and battery electric vehicles. The Japanese carmaker supplies two Red Bull owned F1 teams -- Red Bull Racing and Italy-based AlphaTauri (previously Toro Rosso). Both teams have been grand prix winners this season, making Honda the only engine supplier...
    Raking leaves again this fall? Stop right now Houston Chef Chris Shepherds Southern Smoke Has Raised $3,361,772 for Restaurant Workers in Need Right Now Honda to quit F1 to focus on zero-emission technology TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Honda Motor will end its participation as an engine supplier in the FIA Formula One World Championship at the end of the 2021 season to focus on zero-emission technology, it said on Friday. © Reuters/Jerome Miron FILE PHOTO: Formula One: United States Grand Prix The decision was made at the end of September and the company does not intend to return to F1, Chief Executive Takahiro Hachigo said in an online news conference. "This is not a result of the coronavirus pandemic but because of our longer-term carbon-free goal," he said. Honda, which returned to F1 in 2015 in partnership with the Red Bull Racing team, will instead accelerate development...
    If the NFL kept a record for such things, the Bengals-Eagles game on Sunday might have earned the moniker for “Worst All-time Ending to a Football Game.” That’s because Cincinnati and Philadelphia (both 0-2-1) decided to quit in overtime (as opposed to, you know, trying to win the game). They instead settled for a pathetic 23-23 tie, with the Eagles punting instead of attempting a long field goal with 19 seconds remaining and the Bengals simply running to end the contest. Let’s start with Philadelphia, which had the ball at the Bengals’ 41-yard line and looked to attempt a 58-yard, game-winning field goal. But the Eagles committed a false start penalty, moving back 5 yards for a 63-yarder — no problem, right? Eagles kicker Jake Elliott has a career long of 61 yards, so it wasn’t outside the realm of possibility he could extend it by 2 yards. But...
    KRIS Jenner shut down Keeping Up With The Kardashians after three of her children threatened to quit the show. The momager made the decision to pull the plug after Kim, Kourtney and Kylie wanted to take a break from filming - but Khloe and Kourtney’s ex Scott Disick are devastated, say friends. ⚠️ Read our showbiz live blog for the very latest celebrity news & gossip 4Kim and Kourtney Kardashian wanted to quit, but Khloe is devastatedCredit: Refer to Caption “The family have been locked in an ongoing debate over the future of the show for months now,” claims a source close to the family. “Kim has all the drama with Kanye West going on - he’s refusing to put anything personal on the show, and it’s increasingly difficult for Kim to find time to film the show,” says the friend. “Kylie is making billions of dollars through her make-up line and...
    PRINCE Philip was left devastated by grandson Harry's decision to leave the UK and son Andrew's alleged role in the Epstein scandal, his biographer has claimed. The duke is the subject of a new book by longtime royal watcher Ingrid Seward, which tells the story of his early life and seven decades as a member of the royal family. 4Prince Philip was devastated by the recent tumult within the royal familyCredit: Alamy 4Prince Harry announced a decision to step back as a senior royal in JanuaryCredit: Getty Images 4The move came as pressure grew on Prince Andrew to account for his association with late paedophile Jeffrey EpsteinCredit: AFP or licensors The book, titled Prince Philip Revealed, comes after what has been a tumultuous year for the Windsors. In January, Harry and wife Meghan Markle announced that they would be stepping back as senior royals with a view...
    New York Mets starting pitcher Marcus Stroman became the team's second high-profile player to abruptly opt out of the season due to coronavirus fears, following veteran slugger Yoenis Cespedes, who did so last week. 'This is not something that I wanted,' Stroman told reporters on a video conference call on Monday. 'This was a collective decision for my family, for our best interests. Because I'm such a competitor, it was incredibly hard to finally come up with this decision.' Stroman had recently battled a calf injury, but was clear when speaking with reporters that his decision was about keeping his family safe from coronavirus.  New York Mets starting pitcher Marcus Stroman became the team's second high-profile player to abruptly opt out of the season due to coronavirus fears. Stroman, 29, had not yet pitched for the Mets this season, but was considered a significant part of the rotation and...
    Meghan Markle tearfully told a friend 'I gave up my entire life for this family' and had no choice but to quit, according to a bombshell royal biography.  Extracts from Finding Freedom claim an emotional Meghan made the confession in March, months after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they would 'step down' as senior royals.  'I was willing to do whatever it takes. But here we are,' she told a friend. 'It's very sad.' The passage, published by the Times, also suggests Prince Harry was a driving force behind the couple's shock decision to stand down as royals and move to Los Angeles.   'Fundamentally, Harry wanted out,' a source said. 'Deep down, he was always struggling within that world. She's opened the door for him on that.'        Meghan Markle (pictured with Prince Harry in March) tearfully told a friend 'I gave up my entire life for this family'...
    THE REAL hosts were "blindsided" by Tamera Mowry's decision to quit the show after seven years. The 42-year-old actress' shocking decision came earlier this week. 4 The Real hosts were 'blindsided' by Tamera Mowry's decision to quit the show after seven yearsCredit: Getty Images 4 The 42-year-old actress' shocking decision came earlier this weekCredit: Getty Images According to HollywoodLife following Tamera's exit news: “The rest of the girls were blindsided." Insiders went on: “It wasn’t an easy decision to make and she loves her co-stars. “Adrienne, Jeannie, Loni and Tamera all have a great relationship." 4 According to HollywoodLife following Tamera's exit news: 'The rest of the girls were blindsided'Credit: Getty Images - Getty Sources also told Hollywood "Only Loni knew she was considering” quitting the show. They said: “Tamera decided to leave The Real because she wants to focus on acting more in TV and movies. “She’s living in...
    MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — It’s a balancing act so many Minnesota families are in the middle of — trying to work and parent in the COVID-19 pandemic. After months of frustration, a local mom says she had no choice but to make a difficult decision. Like any working parent, Molly McGovern tried to adjust to the rapid-fire changes that came her way last spring. “We were kind of blindsided by everything,” McGovern said. “Schools shut down. Kids were home. We were at home full time,” she added. That meant her often 60-hour weeks, in charge of a team of more than 20 people as a manager at a mortgage company, played out in front of her family. “But we found after a couple of weeks is you can’t keep two 4-year-olds and an 8-year-old on a schedule when you’re also working full-time. It’s just not feasible,” McGovern said. For months, that...
1