Tuesday, Mar 02, 2021 - 22:05:44
833 results - (0.000 seconds)

Brooklyn Nets:

Since the arrival of Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving last summer, rumors have been continuously swirling around Caris LeVert and his future with the Brooklyn Nets. He may have been one of the major reasons behind the team’s success in the past years, but most people think that his days in Brooklyn are already numbered. With their goal to further improve their roster around Durant and Irving, the Nets are expected to use LeVert as the main trade chip to acquire their third star in the 2020 offseason. One of the players who is currently being linked to the Nets is veteran point guard Jrue Holiday of the New Orleans Pelicans. According to Zach Lowe of ESPN, LeVert could be the “centerpiece” of the trade package that will enable the Nets to bring the veteran point guard to Brooklyn this fall. Though some people already view LeVert as the third...
    Do the Nets have a realistic chance of acquiring James Harden this offseason? Houston Rockets shooting guard James Harden started to become the subject of trade speculations after the rumors about the Philadelphia 76ers’ desire to acquire him spread in the entire league. The Rockets are yet to make Harden officially available on the trading block but if they surprisingly decide to move him, the Sixers aren’t the only ones who are expected to express a strong interest in adding him, but also the Brooklyn Nets. The Nets may have successfully acquired Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving last summer, but they still aren’t contented with their current roster. While star duos started to become popular among title contenders, the Nets are aiming for something bigger. If Harden becomes available on the market, Andy Bailey of Bleacher Report believes that the Nets will do everything they can to bring him to...
    More than a year since they traded Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers, the New Orleans Pelicans seemed to have changed their stance about keeping veteran point guard Jrue Holiday long-term on their roster. On Twitter, Shams Charania of The Athletic revealed that the Pelicans are openly discussing Holiday in trade talks this offseason. As expected, several title contenders that are in dire need of a backcourt boost and additional star power have immediately expressed interest in acquiring Holiday from New Orleans. According to Michael Shapiro of Sports Illustrated, the “most discussed home” for the veteran point guard this fall is the Brooklyn Nets. “Brooklyn has been the most discussed home for Holiday, and it’s not hard to see the logic at play for a potential deal. Holiday would add an impactful defensive presence in the backcourt alongside Kyrie Irving, and he’s not a terribly ball-dominant guard. Recouping Caris...
    Steve Nash never quite made it to the NBA Finals as a player. But he’s enlisting the services of Mike D’Antoni, the man who nearly got him there during his Hall of Fame NBA career, to help the Brooklyn Nets capture their first-ever title. Brooklyn’s neophyte head coach officially announced his staff for the Nets’ much-anticipated 2021 season on Friday, tabbing one of his former mentors as an assistant.
    The Brooklyn Nets are one of the teams that are expected to aggressively pursue a legitimate superstar on the trade market this offseason. Though they are yet to see their roster at its full strength, they think that they need more star power around Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving in order to have a better chance of fully dominating the Eastern Conference and winning the NBA championship title next season. One of the dream trade targets for the Nets this fall is All-Star shooting guard CJ McCollum of the Portland Trail Blazers. In a recent article, Mandela Namaste of Bleacher Report created a list of one player every team needs to target this offseason. For the Nets, it’s McCollum. With his ability to excel in an off-ball capacity, Namaste believes that McCollum could perfectly serve as the “third wheel” to ball-dominant superstars like Durant and Irving in Brooklyn. “McCollum would...
    As one season comes to an end and the offseason begins, thoughts about what’s next for each team have resurfaced. There are certain teams that fans can’t wait to see in action, like the Golden State Warriors and Brooklyn Nets. There are also some who are still a bit of a question mark, such as the Detroit Pistons. However, former NBA player Isiah Thomas believes the Pistons aren’t very different from the Nets. The Pistons have been non existent for the past decade, not having won a single playoff game in 12 years. The last regular season was just as disappointing as the rest. As usual, they will be under tremendous pressure to make improvements in their roster this offseason. It is speculated that they will look to unload some veterans and build a younger roster. The Brooklyn Nets, on the other hand, have everyone’s attention. With Steve Nash making...
    Brooklyn Nets: Ranking Steve Nash’s assistant coaches By: Spenser Shanman November 1, 2020 ShareTweetFlipRedditIn what is already turning into another wild offseason for the Brooklyn Nets, it was announced that the Nets will be finalizing terms with Mike D’Antoni and Ime Udoka to become assistant coaches under new Head Coach Steve Nash. Adrian Wojnarowski was the first to break the news via Twitter. D’Antoni joins two of his former players in Nash and Stoudemire, both of whom helped D’Antoni gain notoriety as one of the most brilliant offensive minds in basketball during the mid to late 2000s. The real question is, in terms of importance to the team, where do these assistant coaches rank amongst each other? Ranking Brooklyn’s Assistant Coaches from Most Important to Least #1 – Mike D’Antoni is coming off a 4-year run in Houston that included 4...
    The Brooklyn Nets are making strong moves left and right to contend for an NBA championship. First, they convinced Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant to join the team; next came Steve Nash on board as the head coach. Now, Nash has recruited former Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni to his coaching staff. This terrific ensemble might finally get the job done for the Nets. Following the hiring of D’Antoni, Steve Nash welcomed him with open arms. Nash spoke highly of his coaching staff in a recent statement. “We’ve assembled an experienced staff of high character individuals with varied backgrounds, both on and off the court, that will help us create a solid foundation for me and our players. “When I set out to build this staff, I wanted to put together a committed group that would connect with our players and help put them in the best position to succeed...
    Getty Images In 2021, all eyes will be on Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving in Brooklyn Brooklyn Nets point guard, Kyrie Irving is the subject of criticism of an NBA agent who doesn’t believe that the NBA Champion will be successful in his role with the team under head coach, Steve Nash. “No. No. Hell no,” an anonymous agent told The Athletic. “You’re banking on the highest level of volatility. It’s an impossibility. Kevin Durant is probably the best player in the NBA but Kyrie Irving is a total loose cannon and he’s not doing anything to show us anything but that right now. That’s going to be difficult. I hate to comment on people I don’t really know, but Kyrie is entering his Stephon Marbury phase. You can see it. It’s there. Basketball is not a priority for him.” “I think KD, if he’s healthy, is the best...
    In 2018, the Toronto Raptors traded away DeMar DeRozan, their franchise player, to the San Antonio Spurs. In his two seasons there, there have been multiple reports stating that he is unhappy there. And now, in the upcoming Free Agency, he can finally move away. According to NBA insider Brandon ‘Scoop B’ Robinson, the Brooklyn Nets and the Milwaukee Bucks have shown interest in the four-time All-Star. Both of the teams would have to engage in a sign and trade since they don’t have the cap space to sign him as a free agent. But do either of these teams get better with DeMar on the team? ALSO READ – DeMar DeRozan Replies to Rumors of Him Wanting to Leave San Antonio Spurs LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLORIDA – AUGUST 11: DeMar DeRozan #10 of the San Antonio Spurs dunks the ball in front of Jeff Green #32 of the Houston Rockets...
    Walmart begins returning firearms, ammunition to U.S. store floors IHOP Is Closing Around 100 Stores Due To Financial Issues Related To COVID-19 Mike DAntoni to join Steve Nashs coaching staff with Brooklyn Nets Before he ever coaches in his first NBA game, Brooklyn Nets coach Steve Nash has sought to reunite with key figures that he partnered with during the prime of his NBA career. © Kim Klement, USA TODAY Sports Mike D'Antoni won't return as the Houston Rockets head coach next season. The Nets announced Nash has added Mike D'Antoni as an assistant coach nearly a decade after playing for him with the Phoenix Suns (2004-2008) and the Los Angeles Lakers (2012-14). Nash also hired Amar'e Stoudemire as a player development coach after the two once boasted a dominant pick-and-roll tandem in Phoenix (2004-10). Rounding out Nash's staff? Jacque Vaughn will be an associate head coach after serving...
    The Brooklyn Nets and new head coach Steve Nash are working to round out the team’s coaching staff for the 2020-21 season. Per a report by ESPN‘s Adrian Wojnarowski, the Hall of Fame point guard and two-time NBA MVP has tapped his former Phoenix Suns coach, Mike D’Antoni, to join him on the bench in Brooklyn as an assistant. Former player and longtime San Antonio Spurs and Philadelphia 76ers assistant Ime Udoka will also be joining Nash’s stuff, according to Wojnarowski. D’Antoni, 69, made the surprising decision not to re-up as head coach of the Houston Rockets in September, just one day after his squad had been eliminated from postseason play at the hands of the Los Angeles Lakers. Over four seasons with the franchise, he compiled a record of 217-101 for a winning percentage of 68.2. The Rockets advanced to the Western Conference Finals in 2018, pushing the eventual-champion...
    Suns reunion in Brooklyn: Mike D’Antoni agrees to come as Steve Nash’s assistant By: Alder Almo October 30, 2020 ShareTweetFlipRedditFormer Houston Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni has agreed to come to the Brooklyn Nets to assist his former player Steve Nash. Ex-Philadelphia 76ers lead assistant coach Ime Udoka, who earlier interviewed for the New York Knicks job, will also come on board. Top news breaker Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN first reported the news. Mike D’Antoni and Ime Udoka are finalizing deals to become assistant coaches under Steve Nash with the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell ESPN. Together, D’Antoni and Nash were the architects of the Seven Seconds or Less Offense with the Phoenix Suns in the mid-2000s. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) October 30, 2020 D’Antoni will bring the much-needed experience to aid Nash in his first season as an NBA head coach....
    The Whiteboard is The Step Back’s daily basketball newsletter, covering the NBA, WNBA and more. Subscribe here to get it delivered to you via email each morning. The past six months have been a steady churn of front-office turnover, all over the NBA. Teams like the Knicks, Nuggets, Rockets, Bulls and 76ers have basically remade their front-office basketball operations structures. A whopping eight teams will start next season with a new head coach. But no team has seen as much change on their coaching staff as the Brooklyn Nets. Kyrie Irving: Metaphysical research and spiritual exploration, the opening and closing of appropriate chakras, sarcastic eye-rolling, assisting Nash with general vibe management Kevin Durant: Getting buckets, social media strategy SUBSCRIBE: Get The Whiteboard delivered daily to your email inbox #OtherContentJason Watts will be looking to make history on NBA Draft night, as the first player selected from a Canadian college since 1994....
    The Whiteboard is The Step Back’s daily basketball newsletter, covering the NBA, WNBA and more. Subscribe here to get it delivered to you via email each morning. The past six months have been a steady churn of front-office turnover, all over the NBA. Teams like the Knicks, Nuggets, Rockets, Bulls and 76ers have basically remade their front-office basketball operations structures. A whopping eight teams will start next season with a new head coach. But no team has seen as much change on their coaching staff as the Brooklyn Nets. Kyrie Irving: Metaphysical research and spiritual exploration, the opening and closing of appropriate chakras, sarcastic eye-rolling, assisting Nash with general vibe management Kevin Durant: Getting buckets, social media strategy SUBSCRIBE: Get The Whiteboard delivered daily to your email inbox #OtherContentJason Watts will be looking to make history on NBA Draft night, as the first player selected from a Canadian college since 1994....
    Nets head coach Steve Nash wants to deliver Brooklyn’s first major pro sports championship since the Dodgers beat the arch-rival Yankees in the 1955 World Series. And he isn’t the least bit shy about saying it. “We’re playing for a championship,” Nash stated plainly during Tuesday night’s virtual Town Hall on the Yes Network.
    Jean-Michel Basquiat has been dead since 1988 — before most of the current Nets were even alive. But the late artist is still impacting the Brooklyn borough where he was born and the Nets now play. The Nets have honored local artists before with alternate uniforms. And their latest “City Edition” jersey will fete Basquiat, a 1970s street artist who made the transition to galleries before dying at 27. Nets star Kevin Durant has cited Basquiat as someone who inspired him; now he’ll don a Basquiat-inspired uniform. The news was first reported by SportsLogos.Net, and was later confirmed by the Post. The black jersey has “BKLYN NETS” emblazoned across the front in white lettering, along with a blue-and-gold Nike swoosh and multi-colored rainbow trim down the side. The NBA logo is adorned with a crown — befitting Kings County — under Basquiat’s name above that. At just 22, Basquiat became...
    The Brooklyn Nets have a terrific roster built to compete for the NBA championship next season. Moreover, they hired Steve Nash as the coach, which could very well be the final piece in the puzzle. The two superstars, Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, will lead the team from the front. Additionally, they had both been NBA champions prior to teaming up in Brooklyn. One might wonder, what is the expectation from the team next? Nash spoke about their expectations in a recent interview. “We’re playing for a championship. I don’t want to say anything less than a championship is not a success because you never know what happens in life. You never know the way the ball rolls. Fortune is a big part of winning an NBA championship. “But we are playing for a championship and are going to build accordingly, and we’re gonna frame everything do in the lense...
    Getty Brooklyn Nets guard Kyrie Irving. Earlier this month, the Brooklyn Nets paid tribute to their 90s New Jersey Nets roots by unveiling their powder blue jerseys. LIVE with Ian EagleWere talking NFL and NBA with play-by-play extraordinaire Ian Eagle!????2020-10-14T22:05:32Z   One person who enjoyed seeing them is Nets broadcaster, Ian Eagle. “I not only got a glimpse but I watched the video, I saw Kyrie who is coming from such an authentic place because he grew up a Nets fan,” Eagle told me on the Heavy Live With Scoop B Show. “And in that interview if anyone hasn’t seen it yet, you can catch it on any of the Brooklyn Nets social media channels; that’s some real stuff. He, like you, grew up a Nets fan and there’s a little something different about that era of being a Nets fan. A feeling like you weren’t respected. Feeling...
    Getty Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant against Knicks Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving joined the Brooklyn Nets via NBA free agency last year. LIVE with Ian EagleWere talking NFL and NBA with play-by-play extraordinaire Ian Eagle!????2020-10-14T22:05:32Z What are their chances in the 2020-2021 NBA season? “If we can get back to a place where we can have fans in there, man I think it has a chance to be really unique,” Nets YES Network play-by-pkay broadcaster, Ian Eagle told me on the Heavy Live With Scoop B Show. “I’m just excited to see him. And in just my experience this year with Kyrie, he played 20 games. Twenty! He had more highlights in 20 games than most guys will have in a full season. That’s how special he was. In that 20-game period, as a play-by-play announcer I’ve found myself having to come up with creative ways to...
    Steve Nash embraces pressure in Brooklyn: ‘We’re playing for a championship’ By: Alder Almo October 27, 2020 ShareTweetFlipRedditThe only lacking in Steve Nash‘s resume as an NBA player was a championship. Now, he’ll be chasing that ring once again as he embarks on a coaching career with the Brooklyn Nets. “I’m here to help this group fulfill its potential,” Nash said during his virtual Town Hall on YES network on Tuesday. “That’s really my biggest goal by a long shot. I’m definitely not here to raise my profile, I’m not here to get credit for anything. I really want to work with these guys and put them in a position to be their best individually and collectively.” With a healthy Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, the Nets will be entering next season with championship expectations. Nash acknowledged that. It’s the challenge...
    NEW YORK - JANUARY 25: Steve Nash #13 of the Phoenix Suns dribbles in front of teammate Amare Stoudemire #32 and Stephon Marbury #3 of the New York Knicks on January 25, 2005 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, user is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images) The Brooklyn Nets will add Amare Stoudemire to their assistant coaching staff. With the move, Stoudemire will reunite with former Phoenix Suns teammate, Steve Nash who is now Brooklyn’s head coach. Amare Stoudemire on Suns years w/ Steve Nash: “My first 3 years, I didn’t completely understand w/ we were doing.” – https://t.co/fm97rDRthf “We were doing something special. At the time it was happening so fast, we didn’t really know exactly w/ was going...
    Jeremy Lin might have some suitors in the NBA. After spending a year with the Beijing Ducks in China following his championship with the Toronto Raptors, Jeremy Lin is apparently gearing up for one last run in the NBA. While he isn’t going to be viewed as a starter or major rotational piece given how he started to lose a step during his last few seasons, he can still be a productive player in this league, and there are a few NBA teams that will, at the very least, kick the tires on being the setting for Lin’s comeback tour. The latest buzz is suggesting that two of Lin’s former teams, the Golden State Warriors and Brooklyn Nets, have some interest in resigning him. The Brooklyn Nets and Golden State Warriors are reportedly interested in Jeremy Lin, whos a free agent. Lin played in China last season, averaging 22.3 points...
    Kevin Durant is yet to play in the Brooklyn Nets jersey. But, his commitment to the franchise already looks strong. Earlier, the news was hot that it was Kevin who might have influenced the Nets to hire Steve Nash as the head coach.  This proved that he has a say in the organization’s key decisions. KD is not that average player who would settle for less. The Brooklyn Nets really hold a good chance to make a huge comeback this year. But some social media personalities believe otherwise. When Kevin Durant came to the rescue of the Brooklyn Nets’ image… In a Twitter post, a comedian with more than 373K followers as of now tried to mock the Brooklyn Nets. He wrote on his wall, “The Knicks >>>>> the Nets”. Just as this tweet began to pick traction, it came to the notice of KD. To this unforeseen mocking, the...
    Less than one week after it was opined that he would likely be returning to the hardwood in Israel, six-time NBA All-Star Amar’e Stoudemire looks to be returning to the United States as part of his transition to the coaching ranks. As The Athletic‘s Shams Charania reported with a tweet on Friday, the 37-year-old Stoudemire has agreed to a deal to join his former Phoenix Suns teammate Steve Nash’s staff with the Brooklyn Nets. In July, it had been reported that Stoudemire and Euroleague powerhouse Maccabi Tel Aviv shared a mutual interest in renewing their partnership for the 2020-21 campaign. He had been a key contributor for the club during its run in the Israeli Basketball Premier League last season, averaging 8.7 points and 4.4 rebounds over 17 contests per RealGM. He played a major role in the team winning its domestic league championship, scoring 18 points and grabbing seven...
    Amar’e Stoudemire and Steve Nash are together again on the Brooklyn Nets. No, this is not a sentence from 2014. Read it again: Amar’e Stoudemire and Steve Nash will be reunited on an NBA team for the first time since they last played together in 2010. The only difference is this time, they’ll be doing so as coaches for the Brooklyn Nets. In case you’ve been living under a rock for the last two months, Nash was hired in September as the team’s full-time replacement for head coach Kenny Atkinson and interim coach Jacque Vaughn. And while his longtime buddy Dirk Nowitzki may have turned down Nash’s offer to join Brooklyn’s coaching staff, his former Phoenix Suns teammate has decided to join the Nets. The happy news was first reported by The Athletic’s Shams Charania Friday morning.Amar’e Stoudemire and Steve Nash are back together againWhile it’s unfortunate this star pick-and-roll...
    What more can Joe Tsai do for Brooklyn? The Nets and New York Liberty owner has already joined with his wife, Clara, to donate millions of masks, hundreds of thousands of goggles and 2,000 ventilators to aid our borough’s residents during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The billionaire co-founder and executive vice president of Alibaba Group has also agreed to pay his Barclays Center employees through the end of the year, despite the fact that the Downtown arena has been shuttered since March.
    Getty The Lakers have shown interest in Wizards star Bradley Beal. The Brooklyn Nets have the total package with their All-Stars in Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. Apparently there is one piece that is still missing. LIVE with Al HarringtonWere LIVE talking hoops and more with ex-NBA star Al Harrington!2020-10-09T16:47:40Z “Bradley Beal,” retired NBA player Al Harrington told me on the Heavy Live With Scoop B Show while promoting Viola, the nation’s leading producer and licensed wholesaler of premium quality cannabis products. “If they can find a way to get Bradley Beal, they outta there,” Harrington told me. “That would be a REAL big three.” Drafted at the age of 18, Harrington was one of the youngest NBA players in league history. The Orange, New Jersey native played 16 seasons in the NBA and suited up for the Indiana Pacers, Atlanta Hawks, Golden State Warriors, New York Knicks,...
    Inside Diddy’s Casual and Fun Romance With Brian Austin Green’s Ex Tina Louise How Much Home You Can Buy for $300,000 in Every State Nets unveil throwback tie-dye uniforms The Nets – with Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving getting healthy – will try to be taken more seriously next season. © Jon Soohoo/NBAE via Getty Images They’ll do so while wearing these tie-dye throwback uniforms. Nets: .@KyrieIrving knows the road from Jersey to Brooklyn is paved with history. He reflects on the chance to pay homage to his childhood heroes in our new throwback unis ???? pic.twitter.com/J2C5q6JKRC — Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) October 14, 2020 From Jersey to Brooklyn and back again.@KyrieIrving | https://t.co/LfHszf2qmA pic.twitter.com/TJKLwqUmPg — Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) October 14, 2020 Jersey Drip ???? pic.twitter.com/bglN1czHAA — Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) October 14, 2020 Give your phone a ????????????????????????????.#WallpaperWednesday pic.twitter.com/hPYzGTdXej — Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) October 14, 2020 These uniforms were...
    When the Nets left New Jersey for Brooklyn in 2012, they left behind a large chunk of their fan base. According to sources, former Nets ownership and marketing executive Brett Yormark made a meager attempt at bringing those fans with them on the journey to New York City. Now, that’s changed. The Nets are considered Eastern Conference title contenders, and with Jersey native Kyrie Irving as one of the two faces of the franchise alongside Kevin Durant, the club is reaching out to the Garden State to join the ride. Wednesday, the Nets announced they will wear their tie-dyed sky-blue throwback jersey, first donned 30 years ago in the 1990-91 season. Sources indicate new owner Joe Tsai wants to make a push to grab back those old Nets fans, especially with the Knicks still in the doldrums. The Nets’ colors since the Brooklyn move changed to black and white. In...
    St. Louis couple who pointed guns at protesters plead not guilty Beyond Amazon Prime Day: 4 ways e-commerce has shaken up the retail industry over the past 5 years The Brooklyn Nets showed off their new City Edition jerseys and NBA fans loved them The Brooklyn Nets have had one of the best jerseys in the NBA for the last few years, and that’s before you even get into their special edition jerseys. © Provided by For The Win Their team colors are just perfect. The jerseys so simple and minimal. It’s just such a clean look. Next season, they’re swinging in a different direction. At least with their City Edition jerseys. Instead of going with the traditional black, white or grey jersey and adding some Coogi print — word to the Notorious B.I.G — they’re bringing their old New Jersey vibes back with a retro’d version of their...
    Kevin Durant’s last two NBA stops — Golden State and Oklahoma City — ended in ugly breakups and highly publicized exits. The Nets, he said, will be different. When Durant picked Brooklyn last offseason, he signed a four-year, $164 million contract that has an opt-out after the third season. That could let him go back onto the free-agent market in 2022-23. Considering he missed this season following Achilles surgery, that could cut the Nets’ window of contention to just two years. But Durant went on The Player Tribune’s “Text Message Talk Show” on Thursday, and said he plans to make Brooklyn the final stop of his surefire Hall of Fame career. “As of today, this second, yes…” Durant texted on the show. Durant will be 34 going into that fourth player-option season — and LeBron James already is 35 but going strong as he aims to close out his fourth...
    Without even playing for the Brooklyn Nets yet, Kevin Durant has made up his mind about his retirement. As of today, he is certain that the Nets will be the final destination of his NBA career. While fans were all looking forward to seeing Durant shine in the Nets, this news was not at all expected. Brooklyn Nets is the final stop for Kevin Durant? Durant has been a part of the league for 12 seasons. After signing a four-year contract with the Nets for $164 million in 2019 offseason, his entry into the franchise was received with a lot of excitement. His matchup with Kyrie Irving and having Steve Nash was just another icing on the cake. Both Kyrie and Kevin have shown a very close bond from the very beginning. This could turn into something powerful on the basketball court. On top of that, they have gained...
    The Nets were one of the first teams to interview Maryland power forward Jalen Smith, which is fitting. The 20-year-old grew up watching a pair of similarly sized Kevins the Nets are intimately familiar with: Kevin Garnett and Kevin Durant. Smith patterned his game after Garnett and said it would be a dream come true to be drafted in the first round by Brooklyn and get to learn from Durant. “Yes, Brooklyn Nets were probably one of my first interviews I had. They’re a great organization, I liked all the coaches. They were fun and up front with me, and even joking with me a lot,” Smith said via Zoom. “It was pretty much [everybody], a lot of people, I would say the GM and coaches.” While Kenny Atkinson is long gone as head coach, GM Sean Marks is still in charge and interim Jacque Vaughn has stayed on as...
    The Nets were one of the first teams to interview Maryland power forward Jalen Smith, which is fitting. The 20-year-old grew up watching a pair of similarly sized Kevins the Nets are intimately familiar with: Kevin Garnett and Kevin Durant. Smith patterned his game after Garnett and said it would be a dream come true to be drafted in the first round by Brooklyn and get to learn from Durant. “Yes, Brooklyn Nets were probably one of my first interviews I had. They’re a great organization, I liked all the coaches. They were fun and up front with me, and even joking with me a lot,” Smith said via Zoom. “It was pretty much [everybody], a lot of people, I would say the GM and coaches.” While Kenny Atkinson is long gone as head coach, GM Sean Marks is still in charge and interim Jacque Vaughn has stayed on as...
    The Brooklyn Nets, New York Liberty and Barclays Center tipped off a two-day boroughwide bus tour on Thursday to encourage individuals to complete the 2020 Census and register to vote. The double-decker bus visited specific Brooklyn neighborhoods trailing in census completion and voter registration, with volunteers from BSE Global, the Mayor’s Office of the Census and NYC Census 2020 engaging with residents to raise awareness about both the 2020 Census and voter registration. Also aboard was Team Hype, a Nets on-court entertainment group, to give away Nets and Liberty merch.
    Kyrie Irving floated a new idea about how to handle the Brooklyn Nets’ coaching situation while talking to teammate Kevin Durant on his podcast “The ETCS.” Brooklyn named Steve Nash its new head coach, taking over for interim coach Jacque Vaughn who replaced Kenny Atkinson earlier in the year. But the appointment has been controversial because Nash, who is White and lacks coaching experience, was given the job over other Black candidates with coaching experience. Irving floated coaching by committee for the 2021 season. HEAT ARE AILING, BUT INSIST NBA FINALS VS LAKERS AREN'T OVER “I don't really see us having a head coach,” Irving said. “KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach [some days].” Durant added that the leadership role on the Nets’ bench would be a “collaborative effort.” Irving said he looked forward to working with Nash and building a stronger relationship with him,...
    Brooklyn Nets owner Joseph Tsai doesn’t believe we’ll see packed sports stadiums in the near future. The NBA moved to a bubble system during the coronavirus pandemic, and fans weren’t allowed in. It doesn’t sound like many will be allowed once the league leaves the bubble in Orlando at Disney. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) According to Darren Rovell, Tsai said Wednesday at the Delivering Alpha conference, “The next season is going to be a little tricky because we don’t anticipate having a lot of fans or having a full … arena anytime soon. The following season…we look for a very nice rebound.” “The next season is going to be a little tricky because we don’t anticipate having a lot of fans or having a full … arena anytime soon. The following season…we look for a very nice rebound.” — Brooklyn Nets owner Joseph...
    As a rookie head coach, Steve Nash knows he won’t arrive in Brooklyn as an experienced tactician. On that front, he acknowledges he’s coming in “hat in hand,” with a lot to learn. Nash admits Nets general manager Sean Marks hired him for his ability as a team-builder who connects with players, and he’s self-aware enough to want a seasoned staff around him. And the newly hired Brooklyn coach said as much on an ESPN podcast. “I’m not in a position — nor do I want to be in a position — where I come in and say this is how we’re doing everything. I come in hat in hand in many respects,” Nash said. “How have you done it in the past? What do you think works? I think having a collaborative, confident, talented [group] and hopefully we round out the staff with a ton of experience. “I’m excited...
    Getty Jason Kidd Will Jason Kidd become an NBA head coach next season? The Hall of Famer and current Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach is raising his profile by the day and if LA wins this year’s NBA Finals against the Miami Heat, the profile could be even higher. Appearing on the Heavy Live With Scoop B Show, I asked Fox Sports’ Chris Broussard if Kidd could make the jump back into a head coaching position next season; he was candid. “Not next year necessarily,” he said. LIVE with Chris BroussardWhat comes next for the Celtics? NBA insider Chris Broussard joins us LIVE!2020-09-28T20:13:38Z “But, I do think he’ll get another shot. I think assuming they win the championship; that always looks good, you were on the championship staff… I think he did a really good job with Giannis. People forget that Giannis averaged 7ppg as a rookie and...
    When the Nets landed Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving last offseason, the latter called it one of the biggest surprises in NBA history. And with the pair debuting Durant’s new podcast, they pulled the curtain back on how that friendship formed, and talked about the idea of winning a title together in Brooklyn. The media first got a hint of the duo teaming up when cameras caught them talking at the 2019 All-Star game. But on “The ETCs with Kevin Durant,” the host said that sighting was just a piece to the puzzle the media had failed to put together. “After that All-Star video when they caught us in the hallway, that’s when it was solidified we were going somewhere,” Durant said. “They didn’t know for a fact where it was, but it was somewhere.” Few figured it’d be Brooklyn. Or grasped just how far back their friendship went. Many...
    With the highly-anticipated return of Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant to the court, the Brooklyn Nets are expected to be more aggressive in finding their third superstar in the 2020 offseason. Though they are yet to see their roster at its full strength, the Nets believe that they still need to surround Irving and Durant with more star power in order to have a better chance of fully dominating the Eastern Conference and winning the NBA championship title next year. In the past months, they have already been linked to several big names that are expected to be available on the trading block this fall, including All-Star shooting guard Bradley Beal of the Washington Wizards. In a recent article, Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report created a list of trades to get every eliminated playoff team to the 2021 NBA Finals. For the Nets, it’s the blockbuster deal that would enable...
    “Wait till next year” was a familiar refrain for Brooklyn Dodger fans desperate for a World Series title during the first half of the 20th century. Brooklyn Nets believers eager to see their squad pursue NBA championship No. 1 are likely going to have to wait until 2021 at the earliest to see Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant and Steve Nash at Downtown’s Barclays Center. Speaking on CNN on Tuesday night, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver more than just hinted that the 2020-2021 season’s tentative Dec. 1 start date will almost surely be pushed back to at least Christmas, if not next year.
    Getty Steve Nash, left, helped Stephen Curry win an MVP award while working with the Warriors. The Brooklyn Nets turned heads when they hired Steve Nash as their next head coach. An eight-time NBA All-Star, Nash was the 15th pick in the 1996 NBA draft out of Santa Clara. The hiring of Nash surprised many because it had been widely speculated that San Antonio Spurs head coach, Gregg Popovich was the primary target in their coaching search. LIVE with Emmanuel MudiayUtah Jazz star Emmanuel Mudiay and his brother Jean-Michael Mudiay join Brandon "Scoop B" Robinson to talk about the ongoing NBA conference finals, the upcoming NBA offseason, and more.2020-09-21T21:18:36Z “I was surprised,” Utah Jazz point guard Emmanuel Mudiay told me on the Heavy Live With Scoop B Show. “Only because it came out of nowhere.” Mudiay appeared on the along with his brother, Jean-Michel Mudiay while promoting his...
    Former NBA basketball player Kobe Bryant attends a promotional event organized by the sports brand Nike, for the inauguration of the infrastructure improvements of a local basketball playground at the Jean-Jaures sports hall "Le Quartier", in Paris on October 21, 2017.Philippe Lopez | AFP | Getty Images Art of Sport, personal health care company co-founded by Kobe Bryant, announced it raised $6 million in a Series A funding round from investors, including Dallas Mavericks owner, Mark Cuban. The round was led by investment firm CircleUp Growth Partners. Art of Sports says it will use its investment to "aggressively expand the brand's retail footprint, develop new products and drive national awareness both online and offline." The company makes products including deodorants and body wash that are available in Target and on Amazon. "I'm looking forward to watching this company grow," Mark Cuban said in an email to CNBC. "I think the...
    During the 2019 offseason, the Brooklyn Nets completed one of the most exciting projects in recent NBA history. They signed both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, which made the Nets a force to reckon with. Both superstars will undoubtedly help the team soar to new heights. Kyrie is known for being a tremendous athlete, but how good is he as a teammate?  Kyrie is a phenomenal talent who is now eying his second championship in his career. In a new chapter with the Nets, he’s combined with KD to revamp the team and make them a formidable attacking unit. Now, the Nets roster is overflowing with talents who can win a championship if they stick together.  The Brooklyn Nets performed just as well in the NBA bubble, with players like Caris LeVert shining bright during the seeding games. The 6’6” swingman is one of the bright talents in the Nets...
    The two-time MVP has recently been assigned his first coaching gig. The entire NBA was surprised when Steve Nash was appointed the new head coach for the Brooklyn Nets. The search for the appropriate coach was on for weeks and Nash was a speculated candidate. However, when it was finalized, it came as a relief to the team. This is because as Nash is stepping into this responsibility, he already has a great relationship with the two pillars that uphold the team. Steve Nash on working around the dynamic duo Both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving have a relationship with Nash. While Durant was playing with the Golden State Warriors, Nash was a player development consultant there. On the other hand, Nash knows Irving from his rookie years and they used to work out together. In a podcast, Nash described how he plans on working around the superstar duo...
    A new head coach and two returning superstars will be the primary themes of the much-anticipated 2020-21 season for the Nets. And while Brooklynites are clamoring for the debut of Steve Nash on the sideline and watching a healthy Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving take the floor together at Barclays Center next year, they shouldn’t underestimate the importance of someone who’s already been here for a while. Namely, Joe Harris.
    MANCHESTER UNITED will NOT be bought by Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov despite reports emerging of his interest. The former owner of the Brooklyn Nets basketball team was linked with a bid to oust the Glazer family. 3Mikhail Prokhorov has denied reports linking him with a bid for Manchester UnitedCredit: Getty Images - Getty Sections of the Old Trafford faithful have wanted to see the back of the Americans for some time, having gone seven years without a Premier League trophy. Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was said to be interested in buying the club before turning his attention to a doomed takeover of Newcastle. With United valued at around £3billion, a prospective bidder would have to possess serious amounts of capital to even entertain the idea. MAN UTD NEWS LIVE: Click here for the latest United news Today, Forbes estimate Prokhorov to be worth as much as £8.7billion....
    All-Star forward Kevin Durant was one of the superstars who was heavily linked to the New York Knicks last summer. Before the 2019 free agency, multiple rumors were surfacing that Durant and Kyrie Irving would be joining forces on the Knicks. The two All-Star really ended up teaming up but instead of choosing the Knicks, they decided to sign with the other team situated in New York, the Brooklyn Nets. In a recent appearance on The Old Man and the Three podcast, Durant talked about his decision to choose the Nets over the Knicks in the 2019 free agency. Despite being presented the opportunity to revive one of the most decorated franchises in the NBA, KD revealed that he’s never interested in being the “savior of the Knicks” or being called the “king in New York.” “I didn’t want to be the savior of the Knicks or New York,” Durant...
    So far, new Nets coach Steve Nash has been coy about his coaching staff and playing style. But both he and Joe Harris seem clear on one thing: They each want to see the free agent back in Brooklyn. Harris — an unrestricted free agent — said during the season he hoped to stay in Brooklyn, and GM Sean Marks called retaining him a “top priority.” Harris confirmed meeting with both Nash and Marks, and the newly hired coach expressed a desire to keep the sharpshooter in a Net uniform. “I met with him the other day, grabbed a coffee with him and Sean. First time I met Steve,” Harris told “The JWilly Show” podcast. “His reputation obviously across the league is incredible. Everybody that’s ever played with him, everybody that’s ever been around him, nothing but good things, and that’s exactly how he was in person, too. “You add...
    So far, new Nets coach Steve Nash has been coy about his coaching staff and playing style. But both he and Joe Harris seem clear on one thing: They each want to see the free agent back in Brooklyn. Harris — an unrestricted free agent — said during the season he hoped to stay in Brooklyn, and GM Sean Marks called retaining him a “top priority.” Harris confirmed meeting with both Nash and Marks, and the newly hired coach expressed a desire to keep the sharpshooter in a Net uniform. “I met with him the other day, grabbed a coffee with him and Sean. First time I met Steve,” Harris told “The JWilly Show” podcast. “His reputation obviously across the league is incredible. Everybody that’s ever played with him, everybody that’s ever been around him, nothing but good things, and that’s exactly how he was in person, too. “You add...
    Despite having two of the best active players in the league, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant, on their team, the Brooklyn Nets are still highly expected to continue searching for major roster upgrades in the 2020 offseason. Though they still haven’t seen their roster at its full strength, the Nets think that they need more star power around Irving and Durant in order to have a better chance of fully dominating the Eastern Conference and bringing home the Larry O’Brien Trophy next season. The 2020 free agency may not be as star-studded as the previous offseason, but there are plenty of big names who are expected to be available on the trade market this fall, including reigning Defensive Player of the Year and Milwaukee Bucks power forward Giannis Antetokounmpo. After being eliminated by the Miami Heat in the second round of the 2020 Playoffs, rumors have started to swirl around...
    The hunt for the Brooklyn Nets new coach recently came to an exciting end. Hall of Famer Steve Nash was officially assigned as their new head coach which came as a surprise to everyone. The contract is four years long and this will be Steve’s first hands on experience as official coach. Lucky for Steve, the Nets team is filled to the brim with talented players like Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. A coach and It’s team players relationship holds very high significance. While we all have heard about Durant and Nash’s bond, looks like Nash is quite excited to be guiding Kyrie Irving as well. Kyrie Irving is already under the new coach’s good impression Initially, Nash was a player development consultant with the Golden State Warriors. It was at that time that Durant also played for that team and they both developed a very respectable bond for one...
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Steve Nash was a leader, a guy who loved to get the best out of his teammates on the court and build relationships with them off it. Those qualities helped him become a Hall of Fame player. Now he thinks they can make him a successful coach. Nash was introduced Wednesday by the Brooklyn Nets, who picked him to guide Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and the rest of a team with high expectations despite him having no coaching experience. MORE: Brooklyn Nets Name Steve Nash Head Coach, Jacque Vaughn Lead Assistant “I love to compete. I love to teach, to lead and to be a part of a team. And so to be in a position where I can use all those things on a day-to-day basis and focus all my energy on those tenants is a perfect fit,” Nash said. “So while I hadn’t necessarily publicly...
    After suffering an early exit in the 2020 Playoffs, the Brooklyn Nets are expected to be more aggressive on the trade market this fall. Though they are yet to see their roster at its full strength, the Nets believe that they need more star power around Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving in order to have a better chance of fully dominating the Eastern Conference and winning the NBA championship title in the 2020-21 NBA season. One of the most realistic trade targets for the Nets in the 2020 offseason is Victor Oladipo of the Indiana Pacers. According to Andrew Hughes of Fansided’s Hardwood Houdini, the Nets could address their need for additional star power without giving up Caris LeVert or Jarrett Allen by targeting Oladipo this fall. In the proposed scenario, the Nets would be sending a package that includes Spencer Dinwiddie, Taurean Prince, and a 2020 first-round pick to...
    Getty Steve Nash, left, helped Stephen Curry win an MVP award whereas working with the Warriors. Final week, the Brooklyn Nets shocked the NBA world once they named Steve Nash their new head coach. “I’m excited for Steve,” Antoine Walker informed me on immediately’s episode of the Heavy Reside With Scoop B Present. “I performed with Steve, so I acquired an opportunity to know Steve rather well. I’m excited for brand new blood within the NBA. I’m a giant man [that believes that] it’s time to get the outdated guys out. I like and respect them, but it surely’s time for some new blood to return in so far as coaches.We recycle an excessive amount of within the NBA. Every little thing’s a recycle and we have to begin bringing in some new blood within the NBA so I’m excited for that.” Heavy on...
    Getty Steve Nash, left, helped Stephen Curry win an MVP award while working with the Warriors. Last week, the Brooklyn Nets shocked the NBA world when they named Steve Nash their new head coach. “I’m excited for Steve,” Antoine Walker told me on today’s episode of the Heavy Live With Scoop B Show. “I played with Steve, so I got a chance to know Steve really well. I’m excited for new blood in the NBA. I’m a big guy [that believes that] it’s time to get the old guys out. I love and respect them, but it’s time for some new blood to come in as far as coaches.We recycle too much in the NBA. Everything’s a recycle and we need to start bringing in some new blood in the NBA so I’m excited for that.” Heavy on Celtics With Ex-NBA All-Star Antoine WalkerFormer NBA All-Star and NCAA...
    Veteran shooting guard DeMar DeRozan was among the players that the San Antonio Spurs received in the blockbuster deal that sent Kawhi Leonard to the Toronto Raptors in the summer of 2018. DeRozan may have somewhat managed to establish an impressive performance in his first two years in San Antonio, but he doesn’t seem to be the player that would lead the team back to title contention. After they failed to earn the final playoff spot in the Western Conference this season, rumors have started to circulate around DeRozan and his future with the Spurs. With the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic to the entire league, multiple signs are pointing out that DeRozan would be opting into the final year of his contract with the Spurs. However, instead of staying with a mediocre team for another season, Greg Swartz of Bleacher Report suggested that the veteran shooting guard should...
    Getty Steve Nash, left, helped Stephen Curry win an MVP award while working with the Warriors. Steve Nash is the newest head coach of the Brooklyn Nets and everybody has an opinion. “I feel bad for my peers who put the time in,” former Houston Rockets point guard, Steve Francis told rising social media stars, Joy De’Angela and Da Kid Gowie yesterday on “Unrestricted.” VideoVideo related to steve nash’s brooklyn nets hiring blasted by former nba opponent [watch]2020-09-05T19:17:57-04:00 “90% of the NBA is African American. The guys like Steve Nash, once he’s in, he’ll be like some of the other guys in the NBA. Once they get in, they’ll all be tossed around without any downgrade in their position.” An eight-time NBA All-Star, Nash is a decorated Canadian basketball player. The 13th pick in the 1996 NBA Draft out of Santa Clara, Nash is a seven-time All-NBA selection...
    The Brooklyn Nets have faced some criticism for the hiring of Steve Nash, with critics saying his jump straight to a head coaching position in the NBA is a sign of “white privilege” in action. Charles Barkley isn’t buying it. As the New York Post noted, the former Phoenix Suns star turned TNT host sounded off about the Nets’ decision to hire Nash, saying that there have been plenty of Black coaches who jumped straight into head coaching positions without working their way up the ladder first. “I was very disappointed in some of the guys on television today talking about white privilege. Very disappointed,” Barkley said during TNT’s Inside the NBA. “They’re like, ‘Well, this doesn’t happen to Black guys.’ And I’m like, ‘It happened to Doc Rivers. It happened to Jason Kidd. It happened to Derek Fisher.” As the report noted, there have been 16 people hired to...
    Since the 2019 offseason, the Brooklyn Nets have been active on the trade market, searching for their third superstar. Though they are yet to see their roster at its full strength, the Nets believe that they need more star power around Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving in order to have a better chance of fully dominating the Eastern Conference and winning the NBA championship title next year. One of the teams who could express interest in helping the Nets this fall is the San Antonio Spurs. With the team likely heading into an inevitable rebuild, the Nets would be an ideal trade partner for the Spurs. According to Zach Buckley of Bleacher Report, the Nets and the Spurs may consider engaging in a blockbuster deal that would send LaMarcus Aldridge and Derrick White to Brooklyn in exchange for Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince, and the No. 19 overall pick...
    After several weeks of speculation over who will take over as head coach of the Brooklyn Nets, the hunt has ended. It has come as a major surprise to many that Hall of Famer Steve Nash has been signed as the Nets’ new coach. This will be his first hands-on experience as a coach, and that too, for four long years. Nash has previously worked as a player development consultant for the Golden State Warriors. This is why the Warriors’ head coach, Steve Kerr, was one of the first to congratulate Nash. Other than that, Kerr also spoke about Nash’s relationship with Former Warriors player, Kevin Durant. Was the Durant and Nash bond a reason for his appointment as the head coach? What made the Net’s vacant Coach position so attractive was the talent that it had up to the brim. This included former Kia MVP and Finals MVP Kevin...
    Brooklyn Nets: Diving into what led the Nets to hire Steve Nash as new HC By: Spenser Shanman September 3, 2020 ShareTweet0 SharesYou can’t bring up the best point guards of all time and not mention the name, Steve Nash. His brilliant 18-year career in the NBA made him stand out as one of the fiercest competitors and greatest play-makers in the history of the game. Nash went from being an undersized backup point guard as a rookie on the Suns to a two-time MVP, 8-time NBA All-Star, and 7-time 1st team all-NBA. He most recently served as a player development consultant on the Golden State Warriors. Earlier today, Nash was named the 27th coach in the history of the Nets franchise and was signed to a 4-year contract (Full Nets Press Release HERE). Let’s dive into why the Nets made this hire...
    ESPN host Stephen A. Smith slammed the newly-announced hiring of NBA Hall-of-Famer Steve Nash as the Brooklyn Nets head coach, claiming it's "white privilege" that landed him the job. Smith began by prefacing that he was about to share the "toughest, toughest positions" he's ever taken and that while Nash has "no coaching experience," he's an "outlier" as a gifted player and mentor. "Steve Nash is a sensational dude and if anybody deserves this opportunity absent the experience that obviously he has as a coach, it's him," Smith said. "Steve Nash is widely respected and loved by whole bunch of people in the NBA -- Black, White and beyond." Smith congratulated Nash, and he said that his criticism was not about his ability as a player or who likes him. "Ladies and gentlemen, there's no way around it: This is white privilege," Smith declared. "This does not happen for a Black...
    After the Brooklyn Nets hired Steve Nash, an NBA Hall of Fame point guard, to be their next head coach, ESPN personality Stephen A. Smith said the hiring was an example of white privilege. Smith, who said he "love[s]" Nash, complained that black former players don't get the kind of opportunity that Nash is getting by joining a Nets team that — if healthy — could compete for a championship next season. "This is one of the toughest, toughest positions that I've ever had to take in my career on 'First Take,' and here is why," Smith said, before going on to list some of the reasons he believes Nash is a great person who is extremely knowledgeable about basketball — but has no formal coaching experience. "Ladies and gentlemen, there's no way around this," Smith said. "This is white privilege. This does not happen for a black man....
    (CNN)Two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash is getting back on the court, but this time as a coach.The eight-time All-Star was announced as the next head coach of the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday. He'll be stepping in for interim head coach Jacque Vaughn, who is being retained as an assistant head coach.Vaughn had stepped in to lead the team after former head coach Kenny Atkinson was fired in March."I am honored to have this opportunity with such a first-class organization and would like to thank Sean, Joe and his wife, Clara, for having faith in my ability to lead this team forward," said Nash in a press release from the team. "Coaching is something I knew I wanted to pursue when the time was right, and I am humbled to be able to work with the outstanding group of players and staff we have here in Brooklyn. I am as excited...
    Getty Steve Nash, left, helped Stephen Curry win an MVP award while working with the Warriors. In 2014, the New York Knicks hired Derek Fisher, who had just wrapped up his 18th season as a player in the NBA, to be their head coach. Fisher had never coached in the NBA before, as an assistant or as a head coach. That followed the move by their intracity rivals, the Brooklyn Nets, who had pulled Jason Kidd from the floor as a player and installed him as the team’s head coach despite no previous coaching experience. Two years before that, the Warriors called on former NBA point guard and ESPN broadcaster Mark Jackson to lead the team. Jackson had never been an assistant coach at any level. On Thursday, in a shocker of a move that seemed to unfold out of nowhere, the Nets made former NBA MVP and...
    NBA : The Brooklyn Nets have chosen their new coach and it is… Steve Nash, inexperienced in the position, who signed a four-year contract. Big sensation in Brooklyn! The Nets, who had been looking for a new coach for several months, formalized the appointment of Steve Nash on Thursday. The Canadian (46), retired from the courts since 2015 after nineteen seasons in NBA at the Phoenix Suns, Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers, will succeed interim Jacque Vaughn, who will retain a place in the staff and will become his assistant. OFFICIAL: The Brooklyn Nets have named Steve Nash as the 23rd head coach in the franchise’s NBA history. pic.twitter.com/SG8OoN3a8g – Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) September 3, 2020 This signing, for four years, is a surprise as the former All-Star playmaker, double NBA MVP and Hall of Fame inductee in 2018, has absolutely no experience...
    Sean Marks pulled a fast one. Now, Brooklynites will wait to see if he picked the right one. In a stunning move that virtually no one saw coming, the Nets’ general manager tabbed former two-time NBA Most Valuable Player and Hall of Fame point guard Steve Nash as the team’s new head coach ahead of the most anticipated season in franchise history.
    Steve Nash, the former Santa Clara star turned NBA Hall of Famer, was the surprise choice as the Brooklyn Nets’ new head coach, the team announced Thursday. Nash, who has been a Warriors consultant since 2015, has never coached at any level despite reportedly being courted for coaching positions over the years. He signed a four-year contract with no terms being announced. Nets general manager Sean Marks, a former Cal standout who was a teammate of Nash’s with Phoenix, was instrumental in helping convince the 46-year-old to coach the Nets. “I am honored to have this opportunity with such a first-class organization and would like to thank Sean, Joe and his wife, Clara, for having faith in my ability to lead this team forward,” Nash said in a statement released by the Nets. “Coaching is something I knew I wanted to pursue when the time was right, and I am...
    Stause taking baby steps into dating again Dow treads water, Nasdaq swings lower as tech stocks give up gains Brooklyn Nets name surprise pick as next coach: Steve Nash The Brooklyn Nets found their next coach, and it’s a surprise: Hall of Famer and two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash. © Marcio Jose Sanchez, AP Steve Nash (right), shown talking with Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr, has been named the coach of the Brooklyn Nets. Nash spent the past five seasons as a player development consultant with the Golden State Warriors where he got to know All-Star Kevin Durant, who now plays for the Nets and once called Nash one of the best basketball minds he knows. But there was no public indication Nash wanted the Nets job. “Coaching is something I knew I wanted to pursue when the time was right, and I am humbled to be able to...
    Steve Nash will be the next head coach of the Brooklyn Nets. The Hall of Fame point guard and the Nets agreed to a four-year deal for him to take over as the coach replacing interim coach Jacque Vaughn, who took over the role after the team fired Kenny Atkinson earlier in the season, ESPN first reported Thursday. THE NETS HAVE A THIRD-STAR DILEMMA "After meeting with a number of highly accomplished coaching candidates from diverse backgrounds, we knew we had a difficult decision to make," general manager Sean Marks said in a press release. "In Steve, we see a leader, communicator, and mentor who will garner the respect of our players. I have had the privilege to know Steve for many years. One of the great on-court leaders in our game, I have witnessed firsthand his basketball acumen and selfless approach to prioritize team success. His instincts for the game, combined...
    The Nets made a stunning decision on Thursday morning with the hiring of Steve Nash as their next head coach. Steve NashGetty Images Nash signed a four-year contract with the team, ESPN.com reported. The Hall of Fame point guard, who headlined the Suns’ fast-paced attack in the 2000s, was working as a player development coach with the Warriors. “I am honored to have this opportunity with such a first-class organization and would like to thank Sean, Joe and his wife, Clara, for having faith in my ability to lead this team forward,” Nash said in a statement. “Coaching is something I knew I wanted to pursue when the time was right, and I am humbled to be able to work with the outstanding group of players and staff we have here in Brooklyn. I am as excited about the prospects of the team on the court as I am about...
    The Brooklyn Nets hired Steve Nash as their coach Thursday, putting the Hall of Fame point guard in charge of the team that hopes to have Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving together next season. Nash, two-time MVP as the engineer of the high-scoring Phoenix Suns teams under Mike D'Antoni, had been a player development consultant with Golden State, where he worked with Durant. "Coaching is something I knew I wanted to pursue when the time was right, and I am humbled to be able to work with the outstanding group of players and staff we have here in Brooklyn," Nash said in a statement. OFFICIAL: The Brooklyn Nets have named Steve Nash as the 23rd head coach in the franchise’s NBA history. pic.twitter.com/SG8OoN3a8g— Brooklyn Nets (@BrooklynNets) September 3, 2020 The Nets finished the season under Jacque Vaughn, who they said would remain on staff as Nash's lead assistant. Get Breaking...
    (CBSNewYork)- The Brooklyn Nets announced Thursday that former Phoenix Suns guard and Golden State Warriors player development consultant Steve Nash will take over as head coach of the franchise. Nash is the 23rd head coach in the franchise’s NBA history. “After meeting with a number of highly accomplished coaching candidates from diverse backgrounds, we knew we had a difficult decision to make,” said General Manager Sean Marks in a statement. “In Steve we see a leader, communicator and mentor who will garner the respect of our players. I have had the privilege to know Steve for many years. One of the great on-court leaders in our game, I have witnessed firsthand his basketball acumen and selfless approach to prioritize team success. His instincts for the game, combined with an inherent ability to communicate with and unite players towards a common goal, will prepare us to compete at the highest levels...
    The Brooklyn Nets have named two-time NBA Most Valuable Player Steve Nash as the team's new head coach.   Nash, who retired as a member of the Los Angeles Lakers in 2015, has no previous head coaching experience, but that did not deter Nets general manager Sean Marks, who praised the longtime point guard's 'instincts for the game.' 'After meeting with a number of highly accomplished coaching candidates from diverse backgrounds, we knew we had a difficult decision to make,' Marks said in a statement.  Born in Johannesburg, South Africa, Nash is a Canadian who grew playing basketball, soccer, and hockey in British Columbia before going on to a collegiate hoops career at Santa Clara   Brooklyn is expected to be better next year with last summer's high-priced free agent acquisitions, Kyrie Irving (left) and Kevin Durant (right), presumably back from injury 'In Steve we see a leader, communicator and mentor...
    The Brooklyn Nets have hired Steve Nash as their next head coach. The Brooklyn Nets spent most of the 2019-20 season without the services of both Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. The Caris LeVert-led team that went into the NBA bubble had some nice moments, but they were pushed aside by the Toronto Raptors in the playoffs. Apparently not willing to take the interim tag off of Jacque Vaughn, the Nets’ went way out of the box when picking their next coach, as Steve Nash will now be in charge of coaching this loaded team in 2020-21. The 46-year-old Nash, who played with Nets GM Sean Marks for two seasons with the Phoenix Suns, signed a four-year contract to become the team’s next head coach. Hall of Fame guard Steve Nash has signed a four-year contract to become the next coach of the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell ESPN. — Adrian...
    BREAKING NEWS: Brooklyn Nets to hire Steve Nash as next head coach (Report) By: Geoff Magliocchetti September 3, 2020 ShareTweet0 SharesThe Brooklyn Nets will reportedly hire Steve Nash as the 27th head coach in team history. Interim boss Jacque Vaughn will be retained. Hall of Fame guard Steve Nash has signed a four-year contract to become the next coach of the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell ESPN. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 3, 2020 Per ESPN Adrian Wojnarowski, the Brooklyn Nets are set to name Hall of Fame point guard Steve Nash the 27th head coach in team history. Nash’s initial contract will be for four years. Wojnarowski also reports that interim head coach Jacque Vaughn will be retained as an assistant and “become the league’s best compensated assistant coach”. This will be the first coaching job for Nash, 46, who...
    DALLAS (CBSSPORTS.COM) – Former Dallas Mavericks guard and NBA Hall of Famer Steve Nash will be the next coach of the Brooklyn Nets, according to ESPN. Nash will get a four-year contract from Brooklyn while Jacque Vaughn, the interim coach who led the Nets through the Orlando bubble, will stay on as Nash’s top assistant, and will reportedly be the highest-paid assistant in the NBA. “I am honored to have this opportunity with such a first-class organization and would like to thank Sean, Joe and his wife, Clara for having faith in my ability to lead this team forward,” Nash said. ◊◊◊ Click Here To Read The Complete Story On cbssports.com ◊◊◊
    The Brooklyn Nets hired Steve Nash as their coach Thursday, putting the Hall of Fame point guard in charge of the team that hopes to have Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving together next season. Nash, two-time MVP as the engineer of the high-scoring Phoenix Suns teams under Mike D’Antoni, had been a player development consultant with Golden State, where he worked with Durant. “Coaching is something I knew I wanted to pursue when the time was right, and I am humbled to be able to work with the outstanding group of players and staff we have here in Brooklyn,” Nash said in a statement.” The Nets finished the season under Jacque Vaughn, who they said would remain on the staff as Nash’s lead assistant. The Nets reached the postseason despite having Irving for only 20 games and Durant for none, but the two stars who came to Brooklyn together last...
    NEW YORK (AP) — Brooklyn Nets hire Hall of Famer Steve Nash as coach. Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, written or redistributed.
    BROOKLYN, New York City (WABC) -- The Brooklyn Nets have named Steve Nash as the 23rd head coach in the franchise's NBA history."After meeting with a number of highly accomplished coaching candidates from diverse backgrounds, we knew we had a difficult decision to make," general manager Sean Marks said. "In Steve we see a leader, communicator and mentor who will garner the respect of our players."Nash joins the Nets following five seasons as a player development consultant with the Golden State Warriors, where he contributed to two NBA championship teams and made four consecutive trips to the NBA Finals."I have had the privilege to know Steve for many years," Marks said. "One of the great on-court leaders in our game, I have witnessed firsthand his basketball acumen and selfless approach to prioritize team success. His instincts for the game, combined with an inherent ability to communicate with and unite players...
    NBA legend Steve Nash is reportedly the new head coach of the Brooklyn Nets. According to Adrian Wojnarowski, the Nets and Nash have agreed on a four-year contract for him to serve as the team’s new head coach. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football) Salary details aren’t known at this time. Hall of Fame guard Steve Nash has signed a four-year contract to become the next coach of the Brooklyn Nets, sources tell ESPN. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 3, 2020 This is the definition of a Woj bomb. I honestly had no idea this was even in the works, but I’m 100% here for it. Nash was one of the best point guards in the history of the NBA. He was crafty, knowledgeable and was a dominant force on the court. Nash won the NBA’s MVP award twice and had an insanely...
    Gregg Popovich has been linked with the Nets job. Those links aren’t going to get any quieter after the legendary coach reportedly put his house up for sale. The Spurs coach had actually attempted to sell his 9,600 square foot San Antonio abode last year, but pulled it off the market on Jan. 1, 2020. Now according to Outkick it’s been listed again at a reduced price, amid questions of whether the 71-year-old Popovich is coming back to San Antonio next season or he’d consider taking over an instant contender in Brooklyn. For the record, when asked last month if he would be coaching San Antonio next season, Popovich replied “Why wouldn’t I?” And Spurs CEO R.C. Buford recently told CNBC that he’s “under the assumption” Popovich is returning, adding “I don’t know if he’s told Brian (Wright, GM) any differently. Pop’s shown nothing other than how we’re going...
    Gregg Popovich has been linked with the Nets job. These hyperlinks aren’t going to get any quieter after the legendary coach reportedly put his home up on the market. The Spurs coach had really tried to promote his 9,600 sq. foot San Antonio abode final yr, however pulled it off the market on Jan. 1, 2020. Now in line with Outkick it’s been listed once more at a diminished worth, amid questions of whether or not the 71-year-old Popovich is coming again to San Antonio subsequent season or he’d think about taking up an prompt contender in Brooklyn. For the report, when requested final month if he could be teaching San Antonio subsequent season, Popovich replied “Why wouldn’t I?” And Spurs CEO R.C. Buford just lately instructed CNBC that he’s “below the idea” Popovich is returning, including “I don’t know if he’s instructed Brian (Wright, GM) any in another...
    Not a lot has been decided at Barclays Center since the Brooklyn Nets edged the Chicago Bulls on March 8, three days before the COVID-19 pandemic forced the NBA season to pause and shuttered the Downtown arena, which also hosts the New York Islanders and New York Liberty. That will change come next month. Nets, Liberty and Barclays Center owner Joseph Tsai will re-open the doors of the arena to serve as a 2020 early voting and Election Day polling site, making the corner of Atlantic and Flatbush the place to be for Brooklynites eager to take part in our nation’s biggest decision.
    In the past months, Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal has been frequently linked to trade rumors involving the Brooklyn Nets. With the Nets’ plan to pair Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving with another superstar, Beal is currently emerging as Brooklyn’s No. 1 target in the 2020 offseason. Having the plethora of trade assets, the Nets are indeed in a strong position to engage in a blockbuster deal this fall. They could explore a package centered on Caris LeVert to convince the Wizards to send Beal to Brooklyn. However, despite LeVert’s impressive performance in the 2019-20 NBA season, some people have doubts if the Wizards would ever consider trading their best player to the Nets this fall. In a recent interview with Brian Lewis of the New York Post, Jalen Rose of ESPN explained why the LeVert-for-Beal blockbuster deal is highly unlikely to happen in the 2020 offseason. “You already...
    Getty Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving teamed up on the Nets. The Brooklyn Nets have gems in Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. Together with DeAndre Jordan, Irving and Durant signed offers with the Nets final offseason. Heavy on Lakers With Scoop B and Jay WilliamsESPN analyst Jay Williams joins Heavy on Lakers to debate NBA gamers’ boycott of playoff video games and the league’s subsequent plans to restart the playoffs.2020-08-28T20:16:26Z Durant didn’t play this season and Irving performed some earlier than shutting his season down with what the Nets known as a shoulder impingement. Subsequent season might be a unique story and the world higher be prepared. “They’re thick, they’re tight. Like, they’re actually tight.” ESPN’s Jay Williams advised me on the Heavy With Scoop B Present. Williams, the Chicago Bulls’ second decide within the 2002 NBA Draft out of Duke College received an...
    Getty Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving teamed up on the Nets. The Brooklyn Nets have gems in Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant. Along with DeAndre Jordan, Irving and Durant signed deals with the Nets last offseason. Heavy on Lakers With Scoop B and Jay WilliamsESPN analyst Jay Williams joins Heavy on Lakers to discuss NBA players boycott of playoff games and the leagues subsequent plans to restart the playoffs.2020-08-28T20:16:26Z Durant didn’t play this season and Irving played some before shutting his season down with what the Nets called a shoulder impingement. Next season will be a different story and the world better be ready. “They are thick, they are tight. Like, they are really tight.” ESPN’s Jay Williams told me on the Heavy With Scoop B Show. Williams, the Chicago Bulls’ second pick in the 2002 NBA Draft out of Duke University won an NCAA Championship with the...
    Chadwick Boseman’s Life and Career in Photos Heres How to Collect Your Full Social Security Retirement Benefit Is Caris LeVert Brooklyn’s third star, or should they make a trade? Last summer, we saw the league shift towards a two-star tandem approach. Anthony Davis was acquired to team up with LeBron James on the Lakers. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George joined forces with the Clippers. Russell Westbrook was acquired by the Rockets to form an MVP backcourt with James Harden. The Brooklyn Nets also joined the fun by uniting Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving. © Provided by HoopsHype The Nets are striving for a championship next season as Durant and Irving will finally share the court. To achieve that goal, Brooklyn has a pivotal offseason ahead. Brooklyn general manager Sean Marks has publicly stated re-signing Joe Harris, one of our top-ranked free agents this offseason, is his top priority. Other...
    There’s this one bias that affects every sport and many individuals. It happens all the time that one or at most two players take the biggest slice of the pie of popularity. And the remaining top guns, stay hidden under the umbrella of these bigger names, throughout their playing career. Kawhi Leonard is not proof of this either. Consider this, do we remember Hakeem Olajuwon or David Robinson as vividly as we remember Michael Jordan? No, we do not. This has happened to many players before, and it keeps happening. The Hardens and Currys will always keep getting buried when we remember the defining eras.  Kawhi Leonard and his forgotten legacy Kawhi Leonard is just 29, but what he has accomplished on the court is just phenomenal. He is one of the most consistent players out there. He works in silence and makes a noise by his numbers and...
    A plethora of NBA players have admitted, Michael Jordan is the inspiration for them to play the game of basketball. Kevin Durant is the most recent name added to the elite list. Jordan accomplished everything in his career that a player can imagine. From championships to individual accolades, Jordan has it all on his resume. MJ’s greatness is the bar athletes want to reach in the NBA. Ever since being injured in the 2019 NBA finals, Kevin Durant has been very active on social media platforms. During this time, Durant’s has interacted with his fans on a time to time basis. Recently, KD was asked which athlete was his inspiration to play basketball? Durant revealed: “I was inspired the most by Michael Jordan, he set the tone for us basketball players” Michael Jordan’s impact is clear on Durant’s career. Just like Jordan, KD’s one of the best scorers in the...
    The Brooklyn Nets have not yet begun to fight. At least not at full strength, they haven’t. While Brooklyn was bounced from the NBA playoffs in four games by the defending champion Toronto Raptors at the NBA’s bubble site in Orlando, Florida last weekend, the franchise can now officially begin preparing for a season of great expectations in 2020-21.
    The Brooklyn Nets are one of the teams that are expected to be highly aggressive on the trade market in the 2020 offseason. Though they are to see their roster at its full strength, the Nets think that they still need to surround Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving with more star power in order to have a realistic chance of fully dominating the Eastern Conference and winning the NBA championship title. In the past months, they have already been linked to several players who are set to be available on the trading block this fall, including Buddy Hield of the Sacramento Kings. With Bradley Beal of the Washington Wizards and Devin Booker of the Phoenix Suns likely off the table, Greg Swartz of Bleacher Report believes that Hield would be the “perfect trade target” for the Nets in the 2020 offseason. “As tempting as trading for a player like Bradley...
    The reigning NBA Champions are showing no signs of slowing down. Toronto Raptors destroyed the Brooklyn Nets in round one of the playoff series. The Brooklyn Nets were the most unexpected team to make it to the playoff bracket but their dreams have been brutally crushed by the Raptors, who climbed to a 4-0 lead and made it impossible for the Nets to change it. However, the Raptors have faced a major setback from their previous game. Their point guard Kyle Lowry was declared injured and his status for the semis is still dicey. Coach Nick Nurse with updates about Kyle Lowry Kyle Lowry had a quick exit from Game 4 due to an ankle injury and did not return after. However, his injury did not shake the Raptor’s confidence against the Nets. They were able to achieve the four-game sweep with Norman Powell stepping up as a replacement for...